Walmart Department Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Sterling, VA).

Interview

I was asked series of questions by the HR Administrator. I then had to answer a series of questions from the Manager on duty. I had to talk to two separate managers. The final interview was conducted by the Store Manager..

Department Manager/Second Shift Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Johnson City, TN) in June 2015.

Interview

For department manager positions you've got to express interest to your upper management. You'll have to preference for whichever dpt you want unless you preference for all of them. You need to take management test on the wire and pass as well. Then wait on the position to open and wait to be interviewed.

Interview Questions

• they will ask questions based on the same competencies they go over in the yearly evaluations. For this interview I was asked 4 questions based on judgement, execution and results, talent, and adaptability. if you think of great specific times you've implemented those qualities that is what they're looking for.   1 Answer

Negotiation

You need to consider the pay/hrs/ and if you have the availability to do the job. If you have kids or go to school can you make accommodations for the position.

Anonymous Employee in Audubon, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walmart (Audubon, NJ).

Interview

I recieved my first and second interview on the dame day. Third interview was scheduled for another day along with job offer. Upon yhe third interview I metwith the store manager, then a group of us were given paperwork and asked to report for testing within 24 hrs.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2015.

Interview

Set questions that if you get right, it is easy to wow. All you need to do is make a solid impression on management and they will automatically favor you for the position. Favoritism is not a bad thing provided it is exclusively based upon merit.

Anonymous Employee in Bremen, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Bremen, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

The first interview is with one person. They ask questions that are situational based. The second interview is with three people. The same questions are repeated almost verbatim. After the second interview, you leave the room, they decide whether to offer you the job. Once they offer it to you, they tell you what the pay is and send you for a drug test. After the drug test and background check is complete, you start a one day orientation and then go to work.

Interview Questions

• Name one situation where had a deadline to accomplish something and how many people did you get to help you?   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation process.

Anonymous Employee in East Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Walmart (East Brunswick, NJ) in June 2014.

Interview

Two interviews and then a another one after youre hired the third interview is completely pointlesss they decide after the second one if they are going to hire you. b.

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

There will be two interviews taken place. The first is from a lower level member of management. The second from a higher level. They each ask a series of intertwined questions that have several questions within each. The first manager will either pass you on to the next manager or they will not depending on their level of interest.

Interview Questions

• All the questions are very difficult. Just try to focus on the question as a whole not the individual questions within. Most of the managers are pretty laid back so feeling extremely nervous is unnecessary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There really wasn't any negotiating. They said this is what you will make and they kind of make you feel like it is that or nothing. There is always someone else who will do the job for that pay. Of course they don't say that.

Department Manager- Walmart Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Two interviews is need,at Wal mart if you called back for a second interview most likelly you are hired.after the second Interview,one will be trained for his or her job title.most of the training are done thru Computer CBL.

Interview Questions

• All of the question is common sense,no hard question at all.   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Three interviews with three different Manager basic questions about how you would handle different problems that may come up while working. many three part questions asked different ways to see it your answers change. then a grade you and if you pass that round you are pass on to the next round,

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart in April 2014.

Interview

Easy and clean cut - completed the application online, called in for first of two interviews within one week, one interview was with an hourly supervisor and one interview with a salaried manager. Offered the job at the second interview and immediately went for drug testing the same day. Results back within 24 hours and began orientation