Walmart Maintenance Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2015

2.2

Maintenance Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

waited an hour to get called in the back for the interview. got asked a few situational questions and i had no previous job experience so i had to wing it.

Interview Questions

• name a time you used three sources of information to complete a task   Answer Question

Overnight Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Sat for two interviews on the same day with two different people. The first person, I was told, was in training.She was very pleasant but did not seem to be very comfortable with the interview process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart in June 2015.

Interview

After being called, you usually schedule an interview within 2 days. Once there, you're asked 5 questions by 2 department managers, then the same 5, simple questions by a co-manager, then you re-schedule for a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Name one time when you were required to do something in a timely manner.   Answer Question

Interview

It's mostly simple questions along with more questions about explaining what were the challenging parts of your previous employers and submitting to a drug test. Not too difficult, but it still helps if you have previous experiences because there's a good chance you'll get a decent start pay.

Negotiation

You're hired already.

Anonymous Employee in Rutland, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Rutland, VT) in August 2014.

Interview

I answered all the interviewers questions, passed & it was reviewed Ordinary, A Typical, Regulationary *Same as any other interviewing process Was given an orientation date directly afterwards Orientation date set for August 26th 2014 -Lonna

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Lakewood, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Getting the call basically means you got the job. Make it passed your first. You'll go to the second with the ASM. Your third will be with the Co-Manager.

Interview Questions

• Can you do everything described on this paper?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart in May 2014.

Interview

Typical of any interview in any retail store. Took about 15 minutes. They offered me the job and sent me to the clinic for drug screening. I got the call the next day and started orientation within 5 days.

Maintenance Interview

Interview

3 seperate interviews, one with a csm, (supervisor for cashiers) & two with Asst. Manager, plus a pre screening test.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself & why we should hire you.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Higher pay based on previous work experience & better hours.

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Lancaster, CA).

Interview

I applied at the store and received a call the next day to come in for an interview. So I got to the interview and it was a group interview. They led us in one by one. The first interviewer was a nice lady who asked simple questions, about 5-6 in all. Then there was a second interviewer who is the HR manager who placed me in Maintenance of all places. There was so much silence because neither of us was saying anything, so maybe that or the personality profile I filled out had something to do with them dumping me back there. He mostly asked about my previous jobs. Anyway after I left we were being briefed when one by one we got called in to hear whether or not we got a job. I got an offer for cleaning toilets at 20c above minimum wage. Whoopie! That may have been my fault since I put down that I was willing to accept $8 while my coworkers got $9.

Interview Questions

• Why should Walmart hire you.   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you helped out an employee or supervisor.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The job title and salary was already printed. You could either sign the contract or decline.

Anonymous Employee in Centereach, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Centereach, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

2, interviews, one with the zone supervisor and the second with an assistant manager. They ask all the cookie cutter questions like why did you apply, what makes you think you can fulfill the position, I have seen interviews for the same position take less than one minute and they still got the job.

Negotiation

you cannot negotiate with them for this position.