Walmart

Getting the Interview

2,011 candidate interviews

Pet Department Interview

Clinton, UT

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Online long application.

Interview Question – What was a project that I sucessfully completed how did I include management or coworkers   Answer Question

Merchandising Leadership Program Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – There was an initial interview that mostly gave sample interview topics and tips for the real interview. The actual interview was virtual and lasted about 30 minutes. There is also a personality/abilities test you must complete prior to the actual interview. The interview was the most challenging interview I have had so far.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to present extremely complex or controversial information to your classmates.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart in September 2013.

Interview Details – The whole interview process was HORRIBLE!

Interview Question – nothing to difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Boston, MA

I applied online - interviewed at Walmart in August 2013.

Interview Details – After sending out my resume, I was contacted my a company recruiter. We had a great conversation. The recruiter was very friendly and knowledgeable. We talked about Walmart's advantages with enormous amount of data and I was very excited.

It took a big turn when I talked to one of their "engineers", he was very rude: constantly interrupted me and didn't have a clue about what he was talking about, unable to communicate and didn't know what a data scientist do. The worst interviewer ever. I feel sorry for his co-workers. He should be fired from his position.

Interview Question – A person using search engine to find something, you know nothing about her/him, nothing at all, how do you come up with am algorithm that will predict what she/he needs after the user types only a few letters ?   Answer Question

Area Manager Interview

Area Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in August 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online through the Careers portal, about 2 weeks later got a call to set up an initial screening interview the following week. Phone interview with HR, Operations Manager, and a Maintenance Manager. This interview would have been crushing if I hadn't done some research here as well as working out through some of these situations previously. All questions need to be answered in STAR format, give SPECIFIC examples.

I had the basic qualifications, but didn't have the preferred technical experience requested. Was told that I would hear back within a few days with a phone call or message from the automated system. From past interview experience Wal-Mart will usually let you know right away at the screening interview as to whether or not you will proceed.

Describe a way you updated your skills to handle current work processes
Describe the steps you have taken to correct a maintenance or operational issue.

Describe a time when you were responsible for training another person.

Describe a time when you had to manage a project with multiple priorities.

Describe the steps you have taken to achieve a high level of customer service.

Describe steps you have taken to correct a deficiency in your area of responsibility.

Discuss an important business decision you have made.

Interview Question – Discuss a work plan that you implemented that had to be modified. How was it modified, and what was the result?   Answer Question

Area Manager Floor Interview

Sealy, TX

I applied through other source and interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – 1 interview

Interview Question – What business decision have you made in recent times.   Answer Question

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

Easley, SC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in October 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was nuts! No questions actually related to the job such as former experience etc etc. Just weird questions what would u do in this situation and relate it back to a former experience you had. Things of that nature weirdest interview ever thankfully I had no real desire to work at walmart.

Interview Question – what would u do in this situation and relate it back to a former experience you had   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in May 2012.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted around 7:10 at night. I missed the call because I wasn't expecting to be contacted at that time. I called the store back and asked to speak to someone in personnel. I luckily was able to speak to the person who had called me 15 minutes earlier. She scheduled me for an interview. I arrived 8 minutes early. Waited for the manager for 5 minutes. Was interviewed by the manager of the department I was interviewing for, along with another manager. I was asked scripted questions from a sheet of paper. l finally got the call I had been waiting for, but it didn't lead to me getting hired.

Interview Question – What is your availability?   View Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in September 2009.

Interview Details – dey asked me questions like how to make a custmer satisfide nd how to wrk a registerr.

Interview Question – Give us n xample of team effort   View Answer

Assist Manager Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in February 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was very difficult. It consists of 9 questions with about 10 sub questions in each question. they want very detailed answers and by the time the question is read you forget what the initial question was. Alot of what was asked has nothing to do with the job itself but typical seniaro type stuff.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to overcome a difficult sitiuation in order to achieve results. What did you do to overcome the situation? What obstacles did you face? How did you determine what to do? What could you have done better? What could you have done to make it more efficient?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Walmart

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!

Walmart Videos

Walmart – Why Work for Us?

Our Businesses Our mission is to save people money so they can live better. And every division, business unit and department that makes up Walmart is committed to using our company’s size and scale to make the biggest… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walmart interview questions and advice. All 2,011 interview reviews posted anonymously by Walmart employees and interview candidates.