Walmart Interview Questions & Reviews

2.4

Financial Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bentonville, AR
    Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Walmart.

Original on boarding took me approx. 3 months and multiple interviews. Must work through recruiting and interview at least twice before being offered an entry level position. To move up into a management position you must then interview with a panel made up of 3-4 managers, including the hiring manager for the position being applied for.

Interview Questions
    • In general questions are long, multiple questions, and they require VERY detailed explanations including actual metrics and numbers in the instance you choose.
      Ex. (Actual interview question)
      Describe a time when you managed an area that was not achieving the necessary results. What did you to ensure the accomplishment of critical goals?
      *What results were not being achieved?
      *What did you do that succeeded? What didn't?
      *How did you measure success?
      *What was the outcome?
      *How did you sustain this level of performance over time?
        Answer Question

Pet Department Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Clinton, UT
    Anonymous Employee in Clinton, UT

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

Online long application.

Interview Questions
    • What was a project that I sucessfully completed how did I include management or coworkers   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart in September 2013.

The whole interview process was HORRIBLE!

Merchandising Leadership Program Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

There was an initial interview that mostly gave sample interview topics and tips for the real interview. The actual interview was virtual and lasted about 30 minutes. There is also a personality/abilities test you must complete prior to the actual interview. The interview was the most challenging interview I have had so far.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to present extremely complex or controversial information to your classmates.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Walmart in August 2013.

After sending out my resume, I was contacted my a company recruiter. We had a great conversation. The recruiter was very friendly and knowledgeable. We talked about Walmart's advantages with enormous amount of data and I was very excited.

It took a big turn when I talked to one of their "engineers", he was very rude: constantly interrupted me and didn't have a clue about what he was talking about, unable to communicate and didn't know what a data scientist do. The worst interviewer ever. I feel sorry for his co-workers. He should be fired from his position.

Interview Questions
    • A person using search engine to find something, you know nothing about her/him, nothing at all, how do you come up with am algorithm that will predict what she/he needs after the user types only a few letters ?   Answer Question

Area Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in August 2013.

Applied online through the Careers portal, about 2 weeks later got a call to set up an initial screening interview the following week. Phone interview with HR, Operations Manager, and a Maintenance Manager. This interview would have been crushing if I hadn't done some research here as well as working out through some of these situations previously. All questions need to be answered in STAR format, give SPECIFIC examples.

I had the basic qualifications, but didn't have the preferred technical experience requested. Was told that I would hear back within a few days with a phone call or message from the automated system. From past interview experience Wal-Mart will usually let you know right away at the screening interview as to whether or not you will proceed.

Describe a way you updated your skills to handle current work processes
    Describe the steps you have taken to correct a maintenance or operational issue.

Describe a time when you were responsible for training another person.

Describe a time when you had to manage a project with multiple priorities.

Describe the steps you have taken to achieve a high level of customer service.

Describe steps you have taken to correct a deficiency in your area of responsibility.

Discuss an important business decision you have made.

Interview Questions
    • Discuss a work plan that you implemented that had to be modified. How was it modified, and what was the result?   Answer Question

Area Manager Floor Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Sealy, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Sealy, TX

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at Walmart.

1 interview

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in May 2012.

I was initially contacted around 7:10 at night. I missed the call because I wasn't expecting to be contacted at that time. I called the store back and asked to speak to someone in personnel. I luckily was able to speak to the person who had called me 15 minutes earlier. She scheduled me for an interview. I arrived 8 minutes early. Waited for the manager for 5 minutes. Was interviewed by the manager of the department I was interviewing for, along with another manager. I was asked scripted questions from a sheet of paper. l finally got the call I had been waiting for, but it didn't lead to me getting hired.

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Easley, SC
    Anonymous Employee in Easley, SC

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in October 2011.

The interview process was nuts! No questions actually related to the job such as former experience etc etc. Just weird questions what would u do in this situation and relate it back to a former experience you had. Things of that nature weirdest interview ever thankfully I had no real desire to work at walmart.

Interview Questions
    • what would u do in this situation and relate it back to a former experience you had   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in September 2009.

dey asked me questions like how to make a custmer satisfide nd how to wrk a registerr.

Interview Questions

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!