Walmart Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
2,351 Interview Reviews

2.4

Janitor Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in June 2007.

I applied for a position with wal-mart online. A week later I received a phone call for an interview for a janitor position.When I arrived for the interview I was asked questions that I wasn't really prepared for. I completely drew a blank at most of the questions.Lets just say I bombed that interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where someone came to you for help with a problem. How did you help them and what was the outcome.   View Answer

Overnight Stocker Or Tire and Oil Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Daphne, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daphne, AL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in September 2009.

Boy did I stumble on some of the questions that they asked. Mostly they were what would you do in this scenario type of questions and you describe your answers best way you could. Lets just say I definitely could have been more prepared for those questions. I had 3 people interviewing me at the same time and they took turns asking me those questions and also the fact that it was my 2nd interview ever didn't really help lol. So for me it was pretty tough and I'm not sure if I'll be called back for it. Fingers crossed lol.

Interview Questions
    • I cant remember the questions exactly but they were pretty much similar or the same questions that you take during the online app that you have to pass in order to be considered for an interview. They asked me maybe about 20 to 25 questions total.   Answer Question

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Berlin, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Berlin, NJ

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in May 2009.

they called and set for 1:1 interview the next day... the first interview was done by an associate and the second interview was done by 2 person,the assistant and store manager.One of the question was describe a situation were you were part of a team,what were some of the challenges and how did you handle them?

Interview Questions
    • describe a situation where you were part of a team,what were some of the challenges and how did you handle them?   Answer Question
    • describe a time that you had to work quickly but keep up quality,how did you accomplish this?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Walmart in October 2009.

Wal-mart called me for an interview. The next day I showed up and was interviewed by 2 people, one sales associate and one assistant manger. They asked me a lot of scenario questions. Most of the question I didn't very well because I wasn't prepared for that type of interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time or a situation when you had to be a team member or a leader and you encountered a difficult situation. How did you handle it? What was the outcome and would you do anythiny differently the next time?   View Answer

Co Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chattanooga, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in June 2009.

The interview was in a small office than we walked the sales floor. Associates come up and ask made up questions in order to determine compatence.It took about 5 hrs for the interview. The walk was very stressfull and the manager did not seem to interested,

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a store vist by the district manager. Then OSHA came in and the toilet overturned. What comes first.   Answer Question

Cashier Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart in January 2010.

After applying, the store called me about two months later and asked me to accept the job. I set up an interview time, went to the store, and completed the interview. The interview consisted of a few questions and was fairly striaightforward, taking only about a few minutes to complete. I was reasonably sure I had landed the job by the time the interview was over.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a co worker asked you to help them steal?   Answer Question

Cart Pusher Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in April 2010.

it was hard for me because it was my first time interviewing like this.

Interview Questions
    • describe a time when you didnt follow the rules. and what was the out come   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Macon, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in June 2010.

the interview queastions was very hard for me because i have little experinece in retail so i really didnt no what to say. I think i answered the questions quit well to have little experience, but i dnt think the menangers thought so.

Interview Questions
    • in what situation where you in where you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Cash Office Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in August 2009.

Aside from putting this job in my preferences on the Wire at Wal-mart, I also apporached by the Pharmacy manager about my interest and the fact that I was currently going to college. She told me a few days later that I was selected for an interview. A week after that, I was called for a one-to-one interview.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when a detail was okay to slide on . What was it and how did it affect the work?   View Answer
    • Explain a time when you were the only one to handle a situation. What did you do and how did you manage it?   View Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Okeechobee, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Okeechobee, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in August 2010.

the interview was a little intimatading..was held by 2 store managers and the district loss prevention manager..all three of them sat on one side of the table and i was bymyself on the other side...askd for very detailed answers and then wanted to know every detail of every answer...very tough interview

Interview Questions
    • in what ways do you know how to train associates? give a specific example..and name how you personally have helped associates overcome problems in the work place? how did you do so? what was the outcome?   View Answers (2)

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!