Walmart

2,250 candidate interviews

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart in January 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online and was called to schedule a phone interview with Market HR. After phone interview I had a second interview with a panel: Market HR and Market Manager and an asst manager. All of the questions are on competencies and should be answered using the STAR format. The interview consisted of about 45 minutes answering questions and about a fifteeen minute tour of a dept within store. I felt it was a good interview and have not heard anything yet.

Interview Questions

• What have you done to improve the cutomer shopping experience?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you had to remove an obstacle so the team could achieve it's goal   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Fort Wayne, IN

I interviewed at Walmart in May 2010.

Interview Details – Fair process, associates work hard they get rewarded by bonus or advancement in carrier.

Interview Question – Real time job experience questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – very comfortable

Janitor Interview

Janitor

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in June 2007.

Interview Details – I applied for a position with wal-mart online. A week later I received a phone call for an interview for a janitor position.When I arrived for the interview I was asked questions that I wasn't really prepared for. I completely drew a blank at most of the questions.Lets just say I bombed that interview.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where someone came to you for help with a problem. How did you help them and what was the outcome.   View Answer

Asset Protection Associate Interview

Asset Protection Associate
Graham, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Walmart in September 2010.

Interview Details – I was interviewed for the position by the Market Manager, and a Asset Protection Coordinator who is like the direct supervisor over Asset Protection. The interview consisted of 20 questions that critiqued your personality which the answers will be graded on three levels, exceeds expectations, meets expectations , and below expectations. I actually felt like I bombed the interview, in fact im pretty sure I did. I think they had pre established that they were going to hire me and were just going through the motions. as in any walmart interview they most likely will have already selected the candidate they are going to hire before the interview process and will just interview a few other people which is required by policy.

Interview Question – Sometimes we are forced to make difficult decisions,describe a time that YOU had to make a difficult decision. What was the decision you made and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Assist Manager Interview

Assist Manager

The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in February 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was very difficult. It consists of 9 questions with about 10 sub questions in each question. they want very detailed answers and by the time the question is read you forget what the initial question was. Alot of what was asked has nothing to do with the job itself but typical seniaro type stuff.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to overcome a difficult sitiuation in order to achieve results. What did you do to overcome the situation? What obstacles did you face? How did you determine what to do? What could you have done better? What could you have done to make it more efficient?   Answer Question

Cart Pusher Interview

Cart Pusher

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in April 2010.

Interview Details – it was hard for me because it was my first time interviewing like this.

Interview Question – describe a time when you didnt follow the rules. and what was the out come   View Answer

Cash Office Interview

Cash Office

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in August 2009.

Interview Details – Aside from putting this job in my preferences on the Wire at Wal-mart, I also apporached by the Pharmacy manager about my interest and the fact that I was currently going to college. She told me a few days later that I was selected for an interview. A week after that, I was called for a one-to-one interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when a detail was okay to slide on . What was it and how did it affect the work?   View Answer
  • Explain a time when you were the only one to handle a situation. What did you do and how did you manage it?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Macon, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in June 2010.

Interview Details – the interview queastions was very hard for me because i have little experinece in retail so i really didnt no what to say. I think i answered the questions quit well to have little experience, but i dnt think the menangers thought so.

Interview Question – in what situation where you in where you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart in September 2013.

Interview Details – The whole interview process was HORRIBLE!

Interview Question – nothing to difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Area Manager Interview

Area Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in August 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online through the Careers portal, about 2 weeks later got a call to set up an initial screening interview the following week. Phone interview with HR, Operations Manager, and a Maintenance Manager. This interview would have been crushing if I hadn't done some research here as well as working out through some of these situations previously. All questions need to be answered in STAR format, give SPECIFIC examples.

I had the basic qualifications, but didn't have the preferred technical experience requested. Was told that I would hear back within a few days with a phone call or message from the automated system. From past interview experience Wal-Mart will usually let you know right away at the screening interview as to whether or not you will proceed.

Describe a way you updated your skills to handle current work processes
Describe the steps you have taken to correct a maintenance or operational issue.

Describe a time when you were responsible for training another person.

Describe a time when you had to manage a project with multiple priorities.

Describe the steps you have taken to achieve a high level of customer service.

Describe steps you have taken to correct a deficiency in your area of responsibility.

Discuss an important business decision you have made.

Interview Question – Discuss a work plan that you implemented that had to be modified. How was it modified, and what was the result?   Answer Question

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!