Walmart

Updated Apr 10, 2014

Getting the Interview

2,001 candidate interviews

Pharmacist Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart in June 2010.

Interview Details – One on one with district manager. Typical interview questions. Focused alot on previous experience

Interview Question – How would you handle a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Information Systems Division Corporate Internship Interview

West Lafayette, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through the University Career website. I was invited for interview via e-mail. The interview had general questions regarding response to situations and not too technical.

Interview Question – The questions were situation and response based, so there was a very good flow of communication   Answer Question

Csm Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Walmart in January 2010.

Interview Details – The wait to a manager to come start the interview.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time you were asked to do something you didnt agree with.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Remodel Interview

Valley Stream, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Walmart in March 2014.

Interview Details – Basic interview question, like what is excellent customer service?

Assistant Manager Interview

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in July 2012.

Interview Details – Panel Interview

Interview Question – Why should we hire you, what skills do you bring   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate Interview

Reading, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in February 2010.

Interview Details – Filled out online aplication, got a call, came in for an interview.
Had one on one interviews with 2 ass. managers and then with 2 dept. managers. was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – They were all pretty simple   Answer Question

Electronics Associate Interview

Summerville, SC

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Walmart in August 2012.

Interview Details – Pretty simple really.You fill in the application.You do so by going to a Kiosk usually set in the customer service area.You will receive a call to come in by a certain time for interview.(Important :Be on Time).They usually give you an interview.They may not call you back right away (for me it was a day or two between when I made the application and when they called me).If you get a call back to have a 2nd interview it's pretty safe to say you have the job.The second one is usually filling out the paperwork, doing your drug test, and getting the anti union stuff out the way.

Interview Question – They seemed to be fixated on whether or not you will go the extra mile for the company.So they may ask you to name a time when you did a extra project for your previous employer.Or can you tell me a time you've done more than what was expected of you on a project and what was the result?   View Answer

Overnight Maintenance Interview

New Hartford, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart in February 2012.

Interview Details – three total interviews -
first is a get to know you verify information
second is the personality queestion phase
third is signing paperwork already hired

Interview Question – personality battery   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Corsicana, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Walmart in November 2010.

Interview Details – Easy, if your not a pot smoking person,and can look someone into the face at the age of 17 or older.

Cashier Interview

The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – I applied online through the walmart website and got a call after a week. They asked a couple of questions on the phone about my job experience and the job responsibilities. I didn't have any job experience so I answered all questions based on my volunteer experience. They would ask about stuff like: Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation and how you handled it? Tell me about a time when you had to work in a team, how was the experience? Then they told me to come over for an interview with 2 references and 2 government id's. You will be interviewed with 5 other people.

Basically in the interview they will make you fill out forms for background check. Then they might give you a product and ask for you to demonstrate what you'll do if a customer came up to you and asked you about this product and how you will help him. Then 6 department mangers from the store will come over and each of them will ask you a question similar to the ones they ask you on the phone. They might also ask why you want to work in walmart so make sure you have to say something about that. After the interview they will ask for your references (if you have any). References are not that mandatory I know a person who did not have any references and still got the job.
I got a call back from them after a month saying I was hired and to come for training. The whole process took about 40 days. Basically if you get a call from them you are hired since all the people they called on that interview were there as well.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Walmart

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!

Walmart Videos

Walmart – Why Work for Us?

Our Businesses Our mission is to save people money so they can live better. And every division, business unit and department that makes up Walmart is committed to using our company’s size and scale to make the biggest… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walmart interview questions and advice. All 2,001 interview reviews posted anonymously by Walmart employees and interview candidates.