Walmart

2,241 candidate interviews

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

Wal Mart Cashier
Depew, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in July 2014.

Interview Details – It was very easy the mangers liked me so i got the job offer. they told me that they would promote to supervisor position, they just wonted to get my foot in the door. And God was there.

Negotiation Details – none

Cashier/Overnight Stocker Interview

Cashier/Overnight Stocker

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in August 2012.

Interview Details – Received a phone call after applying online. Went in a total of 3 times before starting work there. 1st time is the initial interview with a dept manager and one of the assistant managers. 2nd interview is mostly just to get your paperwork for your drug screen. 3rd time you go in is really orientation.. guess i only went in 2 times before being hired. Supposed to be 3 though.

Interview Question – Several normal interview questions, most difficult part was that they ask the same questions over again but word them differently to see if you have another answer or even catch on to it. I did and was told that he liked how i interviewed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not much room for negotiations. they offer what they can start you at on the company pay scale.

Overnight Backroom Interview

Overnight Backroom
Woodbury, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in June 2011.

Interview Details – Easy had all three in one day. They are not a hard company to get hired at. As long as you pass a back ground check and drug test you pretty much have the job.

Negotiation Details – nothing no negotiation

Lawn and Garden Sales Associate Interview

Lawn and Garden Sales Associate
Austin, MN

I applied online and interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – initial interview with trainer. asked situational questions. answered any questions I had. then 5 min later had an interview with the department manager. He/She asks a few more situational questions and asked about my expectations. told me what the position was and asked if I wanted to continue in the process. next talked to the personal director and was informed on hire policy and set an appointment for a back ground check and a urine screen . four days later was called in for a job offer meeting.

Interview Question – How have you handle a dissatisfied customer in the past   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The only negotiation is that you give them the hours you are available to work and they stick by that in scheduling.

Unloader Interview

Unloader
Pewaukee, WI

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Walmart in July 2014.

Interview Details – I had three interviews. They basically gave it to me for showing up on the third interview. I kind of knew I already had the job. I'm still a little bit worried about the employees and the job in terms of how difficult it will be.

Interview Question – What's the biggest thing you could improve on?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. $7.65 Standard Minimum Starting Rate For Every Job At Walmart.

Very Difficult Interview

Shift Manager Interview

Shift Manager
Columbus, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Walmart in February 2012.

Interview Details – The Walmart hiring and interview process is effective to some extent. The problem is the amount of time it takes to go through the entire process and once you finish the process you have to wait for the background checks and the drug screening process to go through from an out side company which sometimes can take weeks.

Interview Question – All of the questions in the interview are experienced based questions where they ask you about 10 questions according to the job competencies. The questions usually start with "tell me about a time"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Depending on your credentials it is negotiable. Ask questions about the store bonus history, management turnover, shrink, etc.

Deli Sales Associate Interview

Deli Sales Associate
Chesapeake, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Easy interview process. Interviewer had paper with different scenarios and rated your replies. Below average, average, Above, star etc. Nothing difficult just answer smartly and sensibly. It lasted about 30 mins due to the fact of essentially being interviewed by two different managers with the same questions, the last manager being my actual hiring manager. So in actuality the interview would have probably been like 15 minutes. After the interview I waited for my result for about 20 minutes. They then called me back with an offer.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I took what they gave. I would advise to try to push for more.

Tire and Lube Associate Interview

Tire and Lube Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – The interview was basic and they asked questions about why you wanted to work for walmart and personal questions like what you do for fun. The majority of the interview came from the kiosk type computer that they had in store. If you can remember the majority of what you answered on the kiosk or computer then you will not have any trouble with the one on one interview. Most in person interviews where done with the department manager and was very laid back.

Attorney Interview

Attorney

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Long time between interviews (with many, many people) and offer. In person interviews were back to back so expect to spend a lot of time between meetings with people and many times they will be with people you will not even work with.

Interview Question – nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

Wal Mart Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in May 2012.

Interview Details – There was two interviews. The first one was a general interview where I was asked STAR questions. The second interview was very short where I was told more about the job and then I spoke with the hiring manager who offered me the job.

Interview Question – Can you tell me a time where you had a troubled customer ? And what did you do to handle this situation.   Answer Question

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!