Walmart

Average Difficulty
2,241 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Wal Mart Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in May 2012.

Interview Details – There was two interviews. The first one was a general interview where I was asked STAR questions. The second interview was very short where I was told more about the job and then I spoke with the hiring manager who offered me the job.

Interview Question – Can you tell me a time where you had a troubled customer ? And what did you do to handle this situation.   Answer Question

Palatine, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in July 2014.

Interview Details – I called and spoke to hiring personnel, she told me she would call me back but did not. I called her back a couple days later and she asked could I come in for an interview the next day. While at the interview,they had to find anyone to interview me a supervisor or manager. The Zone Supervisor interviewed me he literally asked only four questions. He said come with him and wait outside the door. Next thing I know the hiring personnel lady came out and said they are very interested in me and my interview. I was offered the job on the spot. They want me to come back Friday to do drug test and finalize my offer.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you completed a difficult task? How did you handle that task? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Don't know yet!!!

Produce Department Manager Interview

Produce Department Manager
Fayetteville, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Walmart in March 2013.

Interview Details – The initial interview is a one on one basic interview. They have a hiring packet that they use and read you one of two questions for 5 sections. They are questions like "Describe a time when you used good judgment in handling a difficult situation...What were the circumstances? What policies or procedures did you use to make your decision? What was the outcome? The second Interview was a panel interview where they asked you more questions like that in front of 3 or 4 people of management.

Interview Question – "Describe a time when you used good judgment in handling a difficult situation...What were the circumstances? What policies or procedures did you use to make your decision? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation... They fill your information into the computer and it generates how much you make.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Tallahassee, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in July 2014.

Interview Details – Applied two weeks ago, interviewed last Thursday, was hired the same day, and started orientation today. Questions were very easy and the most basic interview questions you can get be sure to play up multi tasking skills. Very quick and painless process

Interview Question – None of the questions were particularly difficult. I only had 3, basic questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation pay starts at 9.35 was in need of a job so I took it

Commack, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Walmart in July 2014.

Interview Details – It really wasn't a interview. I came in asked for the hiring manager and was escorted to the back area and told to sit in a room with a long table and computers. The manager came in, handed me a 3 page packet and another paper that i had to sign and pyt my social on and check off whether or not i've ever been convicted of a crime. Once i was done she gave me directions to get a drug test and the lab paper and saud once she gets the results i would be recieving a call for orientation on thursday. She didn't ask any questions at all, which was fine with me.

Interview Question – She didnt ask me any questions   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Sedalia, MO

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – They basically explain the job and ask if you want it. The whole process is straight forward and far from difficult. There are papers you have to sign and that's that.

Interview Question – it's pretty straight forward   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Marana, AZ

I applied in-person - interviewed at Walmart in January 2013.

Interview Details – Initial interview was long, alot of questions the process was ong, had to wait for enough people to have a class for orientation, took a month and a half to start orientation.

Interview Question – What would you have to offer the company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple and fast, I was offered more that I expected to get.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Atlanta, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Walmart in January 2012.

Interview Details – pleasant interview i was very at ease with the hiring personel they made it really easy for me to put my best effort to the task, i was able to make a great impression.

Interview Question – what are you plan to be in a year   Answer Question

Lexington, SC

I applied online - interviewed at Walmart in May 2013.

Interview Details – Fill out an application online, wait for a call, schedule an interview time, interview, get accepted, get drug tested, wait for a call for training, spend a day with HR on incredibly slow computers learning through modules and completing tests, schedule your first day of work, and go to work.

Interview Question – The most difficult/unexpected part was the lack of variety of questions even though they were reading from a script.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There really isn't much room for negotiating. If you don't take the job as they offer it then they'll find some person just evicted from jail, or high school drop out, or college failure, or single mother who will accept the job because such people are in no short supply.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in April 2010.

Interview Details – You walk into the human resource area and you wait for a manager to come and ask you some questions. They would ask you 3 questions and if they liked you, they would send for an upper level manager who come and ask you 3 more questions exactly like the first set. They hire just about anyone and the questions are a formality but after they hire you, you talk to HR who gives you the paperwork to get drug tested.

Interview Question – Describe a situation you thought that you cannot get through, and how did you handle it, and what was the result?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They are very standard. Almost every position starts off at minimum wage.