Walmart Interview Questions

2,379 Interview Reviews

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in September 2014.

Recieved a call in the a.m. then went in that same night(1st. Interview) Second day recieved another call in the a.m. to go it that same night for (2nd interview) both different manager's.

Interview Questions
    I still have a third interview which they told me was to drug test and contact references. If I can come back and answer this question after that last interview I will update you.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart.

I was asking to come in for a face to face interview and met with the Pharmacy Manager. They asked a series of questions about your experience and behavior questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when a customer made you upset and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Garland, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garland, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Walmart in September 2014.

I applied online on a Saturday and got a call the next Saturday to come in for an interview that Monday morning I went into the store told an employee i was there for an interview she lead me to the employee lounge to wait there were employees in there eating lunch. The interview started with her reviewing my application. She asked me three questions total all situational no tell Me about yourself I aced the interview there was only one interview she interviewed me I had to sign a few papers including one for a drug test. It was an easy interview. I took the drug test yesterday and got a call today to go in for orientation on Friday I'm happy to start my first job

Interview Questions
    • How do you communicate your ideas with other people ? Something like that   View Answer
    • Name a time where you exceeded someone's expectations.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had a limited amount of time to do something how did you get it done ?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation I was offered $8.50 an hour which is higher than minimum wage in Texas and also higher than daytime workers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Garland, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garland, TX

I applied online on a Saturday and got called the following Saturday by the manager who told me to come for an interview that Monday morning the interview was much easier and laid back than I had expected I was asked 3 questions total all situational type questions she then gave me a few papers to fill out and a drug test order to be completed within 24 hours I took the drug test yesterday morning and was called today to go into orientation on Friday.

Interview Questions
    • How do you communicate your ideas with others ?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation you take it or leave it

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lorain, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lorain, OH

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Walmart in September 2014.

Three days after I applied online, I was called in for an interview the next day. I was interviewed by one manager, then by three others in a second interview immediately following the first. They were all really nice and weren't really intimidating. In both interviews, I was asked four different "Name a time when..." questions.

After the interview went well, they needed to contact my references before moving forward. Four days later I received my job offer, and filled out background check form, and took my drug test at another location.

Five days later, I got the call letting me know that I passed my drug test and background check. Then I was told when orientation was.

You get paid a predetermined amount depending on your position and the hours you work.

Walmart Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Upper Saddle River, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Upper Saddle River, NJ

I applied online - interviewed at Walmart in September 2014.

I have had a multitude of customer service positions, ranging from managing a front end to running the camera and film area. This has allowed me to meet and understand the needs of a large customer base and rarely face a problem I have not encountered before. My brief time at the car dealership in Hackensack even gave me the skills to try to help sell extra items or up-sell specific items we are trying to move that week.

I am available to be interviewed and to work 24/7. as long as minimal warning is given since I live less than 10 min away. It sounds like this job calls for some time working alone (which I actually prefer since I feel it minimized any possible distractions or confrontations that may arise, but also involve some team activities (which while I do not prefer I thoroughly enjoy getting to know my more positive associates where I can not only learn from them, but also get the job done more quickly- all while having fun and keeping the clocck running faster,

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel dealing with the "stigma" of working a "lowly" job like Walmart?   View Answer

They were too far away.. I lost my father in 9/11 and prefer to be as close to them as possible.

Bakery/Deli Interview

The interview was quite simple. I applied online in June and didn't get the call until September. They ask about 6 questions like 'Name a time you had a disagreement with someone and how you resolve it.' Then they take you one a tour of the store and the back of the store. Explaining your duties. Then they had me meet the head manager. She told me I passed the interview and needed to take a background check and drug test. The big thing you have to have is availability. That's what they really look at and if you have open availability they will hire you even if you don't have any experience at all and you don't get scaried of the early morning job.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you helped another person. What did you help them with and what did you do?   Answer Question

People/Greater Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in September 2014.

They asked me about five or six questions. The interviewer told me to apply for a different position if i wanted more money. They asked me mostly situational questions. How did you prioritize your work? When was a time you resolved a dispute between workers.

Asset Protection Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salisbury, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salisbury, NC

I applied in-person - interviewed at Walmart.

The interview was scripted and the other asset protection associates questioned me. The asset protection manager did not ask questions but only observed the process. The employees were surprised I wore a suit. After the interview was complete, I was told that I would receive a phone call if I got the position. Seven days later I received that call and was told to report to human resources.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if I knew when to disengage apprehending a suspect.   View Answer
    The salary was set by executive level. There was no negotiation even with my background.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gun Barrel City, Henderson, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gun Barrel City, Henderson, TX

I applied in-person - interviewed at Walmart.

2 interviews, Took 3 weeks to begin working. Told me originally my 10 years experience would be considered, They said I should be able to make more 11.00 hr. They Lied. Everyone is started at
    $8.00 or Less. When you get your job offer. It does not matter what they told you before. Your offer will be minumum wage. They said if work hard you can try and get more than .40 cents raise once a year. Trust me you cannot. I was told by a young mother of two that she was late 4 times in one
    year. And got no raise because of that.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult but always stay positive dont complain about your past employers or co workers.   Answer Question
    In 6 mos. They said, You can get raise if you prove yourself.
    I have been a professional for many years before being hired by Walmart. I have never worked for less than 16,00 an hour.
    In the four years I have gotten 4 raises , 4 excellent reviews 4X40.cents=$ 1.60 After 4 years. I am serious! I have not taken
    1 sick day or been late one time. That is the real story.