Walmart

Relevance Date Difficulty

Frozen-Dairy Sales Associate Interview

Frozen-Dairy Sales Associate
Saint Clairsville, OH

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – If you would like to apply to this company, simply go online to Walmart.com, click the careers link, create an account, and apply for a position. You will then be asked to take an assessment. From there, if you are hired you will go to the store that you applied to, get an interview from a member of management, if they deem you eligible for hire, you will go through the training process.

Interview Question – What would you do with a difficult or angry customer?   Answer Question

Automotive Department Cashier Interview

Automotive Department Cashier
San Angelo, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in May 2012.

Interview Details – I received a call after applying online after about a week or so to come in for an interview. They took me into a back room where other people were doing computer training. It was all kind of awkward, because you don't really expect to be interviewed in a room full of other employees. The interviewer asked very standard questions. You know, things like, "Tell me about a time when you performed really well at your job." If they hire you, they make everyone go through about a week's worth of computer training.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you succeeded in your job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I would advised to consider any other kind of job except Walmart.

Zms Interview

Zms

I applied in-person - interviewed at Walmart in May 2010.

Interview Details – Responsible for overall operations of the store like the Assistant mgr.. responsible for OSA item, enre your dept mgr. are doing their job correctly. Responsible for ensuring price changes, rollbacks and modulars are done correctly. Ensure modulars are completed in a timely manner. Responsible for the hiring process and evaluations along with weekly tour notes as well as dailt note per depts.

Interview Question – Everything is followed by the book   Answer Question

Unloader Associate Interview

Unloader Associate
Anniston, AL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in May 2013.

Interview Details – They called me in for an interview. 3 part interview, which basically was 2 to 3 people asking me about my life and what I had accomplished. The first part was with one supervisor, the second part brought in 2 managers plus a supervisor. If you got to the third part of the interview you were basically hired.

Interview Question – There really wasn't any, they kept asking me the same questions in each step   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non negotiable start rate but annual 30 cent raises

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in May 2010.

Interview Details – I had a group interview. Was pretty basic nothing too hard just some basic questions. Got a call about 4 days later with the job offer. They said I could choose which shift I wanted which consisted of a morning shift, a mid day shift and an evening shift.

Interview Question – What do you like to do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not too much wiggle room for negotiating.

Stocker Interview

Stocker

Interviewed at Walmart

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was very simple. I applied at their store and received a call a couple days later. I then met with the hiring manager and had a short interview. It was your basic questions like "why do you want to work here?". After that I accepted the offer they made me and that was that.

Interview Question – Give a situation in your life where someone wasn't contributing to the group. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

GMIT Interview

GMIT
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Walmart in October 2012.

Interview Details – Recruiter out of Memphis, TN called and performed a phone interview apropos to the responsibilities of the position. I was then forwarded to an HR person who cancelled two interview and almost cancelled the third time until he learned that I was already awaiting. He was already 30 minutes late.

Merchandise Supervisor Interview

Merchandise Supervisor
Cumming, GA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in March 2014.

Interview Details – Interviews were held at a Hiring Center because they were opening a new store and needed 300 employees.They hired anyone who passed the drug test and background check. 95% of the people hired had never worked for Walmart. All the Salaried Managers were perky and pleasant during the interviews. The HR manager was perfect for the job.

Interview Question – No unusual questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

Wal Mart Cashier
Columbus, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Walmart in August 2014.

Interview Details – The questions was hard mainly behaviorial questions. Did the app on line got called back 2weeks later & got hired on the spot. Went thru two interview process and was sent out on and drug screening and got call back the same day.

Interview Question – Explain a time when you had to lead a group of employees on and project what procedures did you use and what was the conclusion.   View Answers (2)

Guest Service Team Member - Cashier Interview

Guest Service Team Member - Cashier
Plainfield, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart in April 2012.

Interview Details – I think it is too easy to get in at this Walmart. They seem desperate for help. Sadly, the employees looked miserable. I didn't see anyone smiling or happy and that's a huge red flag to me. The store is also very messy in my opinion. I don't know what prompted me to apply there to begin with because I don't usually shop there because of the poor attitude of many employees I have encountered there.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The employees looked very short staffed and miserable.