Walmart

2,001 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Interview

West Jordan, UT

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart in August 2010.

Interview Details – Fill out application of sixty questions submit application and wait for call. You can call if you do not get a call. You get called to set up an interview appointment. You go through a three interview process. First you are intervened by an hourly manager the next interview with an assistant manager and then with a store level manager

Interview Question – Where do you see your self in ten years?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Lehigh Acres, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in February 2011.

Interview Details – They asked questions that were hard to answer, because you were never in certain positions, so there was really no way to answer fully. The people doing the interview should have never been giving the interview because they were not qualified to hire anyone.

Interview Question – Describe a bad situation you were in and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

El Paso, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Walmart in November 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online, a week after I was called to schedule an interview. The most painful part of the whole experience was the waiting to be called in by a manager. I was waiting with 4 other people.

Interview Question – Gave me to list scenarios and how I handled them.   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Service Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – There were three interviews. one with a department manager, one with the HR manager, and one with the store manager. The interviews were casual and easy

Backroom Associate Interview

Raytown, MO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in February 2011.

Interview Details – what is experience you can relate to to make you a valuable associate

Interview Question – describe a experience where you had several tasks at had how did you manage them what tools did you use   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Backroom Associate Interview

Valley Stream, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in December 2011.

Interview Details – I really didn't get an interview. I was asked if I had children and then the manager told me what I was going to start doing.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – questions are very long, all the care about is that you answer them using the STAR method, listen very carefully first time question is asked then ask them to repeat questions so you have more time to think of an appropriate answer (you will not be docked for this and you will come across a lot smarter with thorough answers)

Interview Question – give an example of a time you had to deal with a controversial situation, what was the situation, who did you involve, how did you go about it, what was the outcome, what information did you use to make a decision what if anything would you do different in the future   Answer Question

Store Associate Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in February 2014.

Interview Details – First of all, DO NOT listen to people who say "they'll hire anyone", or anything similar:

Walmart has one of the most elaborate interview processes among retailers, and the main reason is people who believe this and the fact that they don't want people who will get the job and leave the position in a week or 2 due to lack of caring about the work.

The interview process it's self goes like this: You're given about 5 behavioral interview questions to start, and if you're not prepared, you will be caught off guard as all of them take a bit of prep to answer correctly. If you pass that, you get sent to interview with a second manager, possibly 2 on 2 the same day in most cases. If you don't get to the 2nd interview, you probably didn't get it(depends on the location and rather they prefer to do their interviews the same day or not.

I strongly suggest when prepping for an interview at Walmart is to prepare for the questions as much as possible as behavioral interviews are the hardest to go into blindly and come out as an employee afterwards.

I of course went in expecting the standard set of interview questions, and got hit with those instead. The interviewer was nice about it, but it was clear that I didn't get the job.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you solved a problem, what steps did you take to fix the problem, what was the problem, what information did you gather to help solve the problem, who did you involve, and why. How was the problem impacting your ability to complete your work and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

CSM Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Walmart in March 2014.

Interview Details – Walmart uses the STAR interview process nothing really hard just be ready to answer each question.

Interview Question – All questions were the same.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation phase, either you accept the offer or decline.

Associate Interview

Newport, TN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – I was asked a bunch of questions that were completely stupid and had nothing to do with me or the job.
Describe a time when this or that happened. You have no idea which ones they will pick. Most of the questions a normal person would have never had happen anyway. And if they did it is not something you can think of in 2 seconds.

Interview Question – I don't recall. All were unexpected. I was asked nothing about when I could work or anything that pertained to the job.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Walmart