Walmart Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015
2,775 Interview Reviews

2.4

Software Interview

Interview

A recruiter contacted me and landed with a phone screen with an engineer. I didn't clear the first round but 2 phone screen is expected. The HR is very helpful and prompt and they are flexible in terms of dates and rescheduling.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied online. Got a call from a recruiter -she was very helpful and nice. She setup a technical interview with a designer for the following week. The questions were mostly about different Facebook features and apps.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Walmart (Saint Ignace, MI).

Interview

Had first Interview at university career fair. It went well had a second interview with the market manager and a few store managers in the market. The majority of the questions were situation questions. Had to wait over 30 days before i got an offer because they wanted me to start within a week of taking the drug test.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Panel interview, two people, operations manager and store manager from another location. You will be asked a series of behavioral questions and then their are sub parts to each question...tell me about a time you solved a problem/ what were the steps? What was the outcome? Would you have done anything different?

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Took only about 10 min. As soon as i walked in i was basically hired. He only asked 2 questions and explained the job the whole time. It was only one interview at 10:30 at night

Interview Questions

• What previous job experience do you have?

Name a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer, and how did you resolve it?

Answer Question

Walmart DC Order Filler Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Conduct one interview in person. If successful then they will set you up with a second interview. If successful you will be given a physical abilities test which is actually harder than the job itself.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Set pay scale

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Walmart (Sebastian, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online, and was called for an interview about two weeks later. Was called in for interview, and had 2 interviews back to back, and was then offered the position. They then called my references, and sent me to take a drug test and conducted a background check.

Interview Questions

• Open ended questions about teamwork, leadership, and conflict resoloution   1 Answer

Negotiation

"How does 8.35 for a cashier position sound?"

Area Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Walmart (Hopkinsville, KY) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was base off STARS platform. The Ops manager, HR Manager, and AGM wanted specific examples of how the candidate resolved operational situations. The interview questions were concise and very effective according to area manager opportunity. The interviewers were very nice and seem very concern with their associates well being. The managers were well mannered and very professional. The process will run smoothly as long you are prepared to explain specific examples of how you execute operational duties and convey policies to your employees at pervius job experiences. Overall a great interview experience and I believe I know the expectations they are looking for in an area manager at Walmart Distribution Center.

Interview Questions

• Give an specific operational task you had to rely to your associates to complete?   Answer Question
    • What were that looking for in an area manager?   1 Answer

Overnight Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart (Watchung, NJ).

Interview

The managers introduced themselves (there were two). We reviewed my application and I signed off that the information was correct, the info that needed corrections I fixed. The both were taking turns asking questions along the lines of how I have dealt with past issues when I had to take on leadership roles. Even, when I had to go above and beyond in order to satisfy a customer etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to go above and beyond your regular duties to make sure a customer was satisfied.   1 Answer

ISAD Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Interviewed with two managers - one is more project management wise and the other is on technology wise. It is a on campus interview and only one round. All questions are very straight forward.

I dropped resume at department career fair and got email for an on campus interview 1 week after. They asked you to apply through their website after you are selected for the offer.

Interview Questions

• When you are checking out on a competitive supermarket and seeing the cashier miss scanning some items, when will you do?   1 Answer