Walmart

Very Easy Interview

Unloader Associate Interview

Unloader Associate
Emporia, KS

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in June 2014.

Interview Details – You have two interviews and based on past experience of working with walmart decides how long and if you are hired or not. I had worked at previous walmarts and got a job offer and job based on that. Pay is never negotiable they dont say this up front but it isn't and may jerk you around before that

Interview Question – Questions can range from hobbies to how you handle a specific situation with a difficult customer i have worked at 3 different walmarts all were different interviews   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation at all

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Oak Ridge, TN

I applied online and interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – The interview process was very good. I was not as intimidated, they were really friendly and actually listened. They asked questions I could easily answer. They listened intently to what I was saying and actually paid attention. They seemed genuinely interested in what I had to say.

Associate Interview

Associate

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – The interview process was standard. You are asked to give examples of a time when you handled a difficult situation, and a difficult person. Your work history is touched on, and as long as you can answer basic questions, you'll get to the next step, which is a drug test. If you can past the drug test, and accept the extremely low salary, you'll get hired.

Interview Question – You are asked to give examples of a time when you handled a difficult situation, and a difficult person.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – If you can past the drug test, and accept the extremely low salary, you'll get hired.

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

Wal Mart Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart in April 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process consists of two interviews. If the supervisor likes you, you will receive another interview by a manager. Step three consists of a drug screening and background check. If you make it this far and can pass the drug screening you have the job.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you had to deal with an upset customer.   Answer Question

Any Position Interview

Any Position
Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in October 2013.

Interview Details – You will be contacted by phone for initial interview. There will be 3 interviews, or should be. Depending on how many applicants, you might have to have to come back later for the rest. The first interview is conducted by an hourly supervisor, the second by a salaried member of management. The third interview is supposed to be my the store manager.

Please make sure that there are 2 current and valid phone numbers of people you actually know as references, (Not actually "Professional Contacts") They have to be able to answer the questions, not refer us to a hotline.

Interview Question – The questions are long winded and repetitive. Listen for the core of what it is asking. Give an real life example, whether work, school, or home related and how YOU actually came to solve the situation. The company wants to see how you think, how you solve problems. So show them that you can.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. The job offer is set. Each job has a level, a code. So whatever you are interviewing for and eventually might be getting, has a set value. The only difference might be if you job credits that the system can take into consideration. No one will know that, until the actual job offer is presented by the computer.

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Simple, if they call you for an interview you probably have the job. Formality. No bid deal just like the pay. You interview with one person, followed by another (same day). Same type of questions then you go for a drug test and when results are in you meet with the store manager.

Interview Question – no difficulties   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations. Certain departments received certain pay .

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Troy, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in July 2014.

Interview Details – You don't call them, they call you. I went in the first interview with a pretty open availability, they seemed to like me and asked me to stay for a second. They DO contact references, but then they called me in for a third. I've heard and it felt like if you've made it that far, you're in. So long as you pass a drug/background check.

Interview Question – Why do I want to hire you?   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

Pharmacist

I applied online and interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Initially I found a job position online and submitted an online application. The Health and Wellness Market Manager then e-mailed me to as for an interview. The interview with her was about 20-30 minutes a Walmart store in the back. After that, I had a phone interview with the regional pharmacy manager which was about 30 minutes long.

Interview Question – If you could do anything to improve the pharmacy profession, what would you do?   Answer Question

Walmart Cashier Interview

Walmart Cashier
Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – When Store #5218 first opened I obtained a job here. Surprisingly Walmart's interviewing process is quite thorough. There was an ethical assessment, drug test, and other standards but they asked pointed questions. They tried to demonstrate that they took hiring employees seriously. However, years later they became slack in the interview process. They would rehire associates that had committed crimes and were arrested there at Walmart (which is okay, but it makes the company look bad). They had new CSM's who would not train cashiers to reuse bags and for a week we ran out of bags and had to use the larger bags which have a lower tensile strength. All of these issues have since, I suspect, changed since I was there, however. But if I were to do it again, I would have asked specifically what would be my expectations for gaining entry to higher positions once I was hired from a lower position.

Interview Question – It was actually not as relaxed as I thought. I don't remember specific questions but they take it seriously at the interview.   Answer Question

FID Processor Interview

FID Processor
Brookhaven, MS

Interview Details – The interviewer was very awkward and slightly rude. The questions were very generic. They were based on how you performed tasks with your previous employers, and how you could adjust to various situations.

Interview Question – She mainly asked questions about previous work history.   Answer Question