Walmart

Updated Jan 28, 2015
2,598 Interview Reviews

2.4

Electronic Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart.

I went in a met with 2 assistant managers for an interview, they were very friendly and nice.. interview was great they asked little questions and all were very easy.. management at that time tried their best to make me feel comfortable and make me laugh..

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you went above and beyond to help a customer and why   Answer Question
    very nice and welcoming

Asset Protection Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

Had 2 interviews for the position ranging in questions from critical thinking, customer service, etc basically to see if I am able to think quickly and problem solve by myself utilizing the policies and guideline's provided for me.

Interview Questions
    • Customer Service, being in AP you do not want to favor the customer but more or less going after the criminal therefore it is hard to give a good answer to the question to mold the job description.   Answer Question

Overnight Stocker Interview

Complete and waiting on process..will contact me in a week or two abt the job at hand...asked me if ive ever wrk wth this company before or have had any type of stocking experiences ...

Overnight Support Manager Interview

Typical question how you would handle a situation with an associate. Tell me about a time you went above the call of duty to get a task done? Very straight forward questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you went above the call of duty to get a task done?   Answer Question
    No negotiation set amount increase

Assistant Manager Interview

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walmart.

I promoted from zone merchandise supervisor, the first step is for your store manager to recommend you to the market hr manager, this makes you stick out from the rest of the crowd. The interview was over the phone with the market hr manager and there was 8 questions all of which were describe a time questions. Very easy for myself but you have to be very specific but don't be too long winded.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to make an important business decision   Answer Question
    None I was told if non metro pay was $38,000 and metro is $43,500

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

Applied online then they called a few days later to come in for an interview. You interview with a zms then if you pass that interview you have to interview with an assistant manager, zms, and the head of the department you are applying for all at once. It was weird having a three on one interview. They gave me a drug test I had to take within 24 hours and then they called me within a week and told me to come in for the job offer. That's when you meet the store head manager she/he offers you the job.

No negotiating needed.

Shift Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at Walmart.

If you need a job now or in a month, avoid Wal-Mart. They have the longest hiring process I have ever experienced. 9 months! Most of the time you have no idea where you stand, DO NOT quit your job until you are working for the company, expect an 8 week stay away from home while in training, expect to be placed far away from home, I have seen so many managers get placed hours way from where they live. The AMT training class does NOT prepare you for how crazy and wild a real store is or how insane some of the managers are, if you are hired as an ASM, GOOD LUCK, you will most likely have multiple Shift Managers bullying you around all the time, and most of the time none of them are on the same page. Forget what they taught you in AMT, that is just a PR machine churning for no reason at all except to give people a false hope and sense of what a REAL manager position at Wal-Mart is like.
    They fly you through that class so fast you most likely will not have learned much from it. You will learn early on , within a week or two, that your HR Market Manager, Market Manager, Store Mnager and Some Shift Managers did not go through that training.
    Yeah they teach about taking temps on trucks and that ONLY salaried managers can unload a truck, or break the seal BUT, you will most likely be so overwhelmed that you make a Zone Manager or Support Manager do it, and guess what, they most likely did not check temps, left a pallet on the truck, left a pallet in the backroom off refrigeration.
    So give these things some thought as the AMT training is part of your on-boarding, also you can fail this class, but the facilitators can care less if you succeed or fail!! But they will send you packing if you break the rules, and that means no job!
    Good Luck!

Interview Questions
    • One of the interview pieces is for you to present a business case. In my scenario it was a Pharmacy down the street that Wal-Mart ironically put out of business. How would you get the customers in to your store, for me it was obvious, Wal-Mart shut everything else in town down, BUT, you have to come up with plans to get the business, very basic presentation to be honest.   View Answer
    Long, exhausting and far too many interviews.

Sale Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

It was pretty simple got a call come in for interview I was asked some questions from person be my department manager then assistant manager asked me why I want work for wal-mart and went over job description

Interview Questions
    • If a customer is needing a product and we don't have it out on floor how you handle it   Answer Question
    I was able negooate my availability

Cashier Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart.

I received a call asking when I would be interested in an interview. The interview consisted on talking with a lower manager, then the department manager. They were both similar and asked simple questions regarding my education, and if I am in school.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a past situation when something went wrong and you had to take leadership on a team.   Answer Question
    You do not have much say, most people in your position are paid the same

Overnight Stocker Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

First interviewer asked around 5 "Tell me about a time you..." type questions. Had a second interview right after the first that consisted of a position and pay description as well as a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • None of the question were really difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.