Walmart Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015
3,272 Interview Reviews

2.4

Overnight Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

Interview

I applied online at Walmart.com, I completed my assessment and listed my avaiablitity as anytime.I got at call back within a month. Scheduled a interview over the phone. When I arrived at the interview there was about 5 other people being interview as well. I was called in a back room with a assistant manager and a she asked me about 5 behavioral questions. It wasnt intimidating at all , kind of like talking to a friend. After that I was interview by a store manager and she asked the same exact questions. Next, I signed some forms conforming what was listed on my application. Then another associate told me that the pay will be 9.50 from 10pm-7am he asked me was that okay i agreed. Also he informed me that the position is temporary a guarantee of 180 days. However if they like your performance you have the opportunity to become permanent. I was given my drug test form and the address to the facility, and told I would receive a call about orientation within a week. FYI some of the people that interviewed looked a mess no effort in dressing up. Me & this other guy were the only ones that look decent and he got hired as well dont know about the other applicants. Don't forget to dress for sucess! Basically I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to prioritize?   1 Answer
    • Name a time you had a conflict how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Electronics Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

A total of three interviews. My experience was that I got interviewed by two assistant supervisors ( separately but same day)and then the following time ( about 2-3 days later) by the store manager. In my experience, if you get an interview with the store manager, it is very likely you will get the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hastings, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart (Hastings, MN).

Interview

The process was pretty standard and very easy. I had two interviews back to back the day after I applied. I had to do a drug test and have a background check, but those were both easy.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Shift Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

2 sets of Competency based interview questions. Went through phone interview then had to go to a Walmart location to complete a panel interview with store managers and district managers. Asked competency based questions based on job description

Overnight Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Asking random questions for diffrent things that could happen. Giving examples for things that may happen. They will go over the times you will work, and you will have two interviews if you pass the first you have the second. They are not much diffrent same thing just asking questions. You sign a bunch of forms and talk about things.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart (Houston, TX).

Interview

Walmart has a certain model they follow for interviews. You may be interviewed by two or more managers, including the department manager. They will ask you questions, each taking turns. Questions are usually "put you on the spot"-type, such as, "give an example of when you had to deal with a customer who was upset." Or, "tell us about a time that you had to deal with a major problem, what did you do, and what was the outcome?" These are the typical type of questions they will ask, so it's a good idea to prepare a head of time, as they will expect an answer immediately. It's hard enough to think when you are already nervous.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to diffuse a tense situation.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Statesboro, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart (Statesboro, GA).

Interview

I applied for this job online and a week later i was called to come in for an interview. The interview was very simple and they pretty much asked the same questions any other company would ask.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   2 Answers

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Walmart (Mobile, AL).

Interview

Began process with computer based application and assessment review questions. Initial interview by phone with Human Resources Department. Expanded questions based on resume. In store for second interview.Interviewed by an Assistant Manager from General Merchandise side of store, along with Department Manager. This interview was more in-depth as to relatable experiences which would benefit job performance; availability and scheduling needs; compensation and benefits. Although this was a professional process, it was not a stressful atmosphere. Management set the standard for approachable, service oriented persona.

Interview Questions

• I was asked, specifically, how a non-related previous job could benefit my performance in the pending position.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart (Orlando, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

There are three interviews in total. But they will only tell you as you go along the process if you are chosen to continue on to the "next round." To be completely honest, the interviews were easy. You just have to show them that you have that "bubbly" and friendly personality to be a cashier. And the questions they asked were all about situations and how you react to certain predicaments. I was nervous since this was my first official job I had to do an interview for, but once you start talking the edge will wore off and as long as you keep smiling you should get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about the time you had a number of tasks you had to complete and how did you prioritize to meet the deadlines?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about the time you realized something was wrong and what did you do to stop it before it got any worse?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about the time you had a conflict with a partner or coworker and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kannapolis, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Walmart (Kannapolis, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got a call less than a week later and asked to come in for an interview the next day. Basically if you have open availability you'll get a call.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer. How did you handle it? And what was the outcome?   Answer Question