Walmart Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2014
2,416 Interview Reviews

2.4

Electronics Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart.

As long as you come in to the interview with confidence you will be fine. Also just make sure when you are answering the questions that you do not contradict yourself. Speak clearly and precisely, eye contact is never a bad thing which will go hand in hand as part of confidence.

Shift Manager Interview

Situational based questions that are open ended questions. Always looking for what you would do as a leader in the work force. Previous interviews with Wal-Mart set a similar basis for the questions asked during the interview. Always prepare situations that show a positive outcome for the decision made. Always be prepared to end with what the outcome was for the situation.

No negotiation. Pay is based on regional area

Deli Sales Associate Interview

Very easy process. Interview went very we'll but was too young to accept position. If you are looking for a job with much room for advancement and a very low turnover rate this is the position for you. They Weill call at all hours of the day so constantly have your phone around while awaiting a call,

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

I applied online. A week later they called to schedule an interview. Met with the store manager and pharmacist to be interviewed. They asked a lot of situational questions and questions where you must explain a time when u...... After the interview, it took about 3 weeks for them to follow up on the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time when you were given a difficult task and how did you go about completing it?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. I should have, but I did not negotiate. The starting rate seemed so low. Also, there were other people waiting to be offered a job AND they were in the same room as me. I think Walmart did this so people will not be comfortable enough to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart in September 2014.

Recieved a call in the a.m. then went in that same night(1st. Interview) Second day recieved another call in the a.m. to go it that same night for (2nd interview) both different manager's.

Interview Questions
    I still have a third interview which they told me was to drug test and contact references. If I can come back and answer this question after that last interview I will update you.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart.

I was asking to come in for a face to face interview and met with the Pharmacy Manager. They asked a series of questions about your experience and behavior questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when a customer made you upset and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

People/Greater Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart in September 2014.

They asked me about five or six questions. The interviewer told me to apply for a different position if i wanted more money. They asked me mostly situational questions. How did you prioritize your work? When was a time you resolved a dispute between workers.

Bakery/Deli Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart in September 2014.

The interview was quite simple. I applied online in June and didn't get the call until September. They ask about 6 questions like 'Name a time you had a disagreement with someone and how you resolve it.' Then they take you one a tour of the store and the back of the store. Explaining your duties. Then they had me meet the head manager. She told me I passed the interview and needed to take a background check and drug test. The big thing you have to have is availability. That's what they really look at and if you have open availability they will hire you even if you don't have any experience at all and you don't get scaried of the early morning job.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you helped another person. What did you help them with and what did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lorain, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lorain, OH

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walmart in September 2014.

Three days after I applied online, I was called in for an interview the next day. I was interviewed by one manager, then by three others in a second interview immediately following the first. They were all really nice and weren't really intimidating. In both interviews, I was asked four different "Name a time when..." questions.

After the interview went well, they needed to contact my references before moving forward. Four days later I received my job offer, and filled out background check form, and took my drug test at another location.

Five days later, I got the call letting me know that I passed my drug test and background check. Then I was told when orientation was.

You get paid a predetermined amount depending on your position and the hours you work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garland, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garland, TX

I applied online on a Saturday and got a call the next Saturday to come in for an interview that Monday morning I went into the store told an employee i was there for an interview she lead me to the employee lounge to wait there were employees in there eating lunch. The interview started with her reviewing my application. She asked me three questions total all situational no tell Me about yourself I aced the interview there was only one interview she interviewed me I had to sign a few papers including one for a drug test. It was an easy interview. I took the drug test yesterday and got a call today to go in for orientation on Friday I'm happy to start my first job

Interview Questions
    • How do you communicate your ideas with other people ? Something like that   View Answer
    • Name a time where you exceeded someone's expectations.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had a limited amount of time to do something how did you get it done ?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation I was offered $8.50 an hour which is higher than minimum wage in Texas and also higher than daytime workers.