Walmart Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
2,309 interviews

2.4

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Walmart in June 2014.

One interview, 2 people sit and ask you questions who have never interviewed anyone in their whole career. Then they go out talk between each other come back and tell you the salary if you accept you got the job.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions you do not have to be college graduate to answer their questions. As long as you can pass the drug test you are hired.   Answer Question

The place was not for me. I did not see a happy face at the front end ery disappointing.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Walmart in May 2011.

More than one person interview, waited long time for one person then had to wait for another person. A lot of answer questions about 10 different questions from each person.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Palm Harbor, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Harbor, FL

I interviewed online - interviewed at Walmart in August 2014.

Applied online , interview 15 min. With hiring manager & then interviewed with the direct manager of cashiers . Offer accepted while I am there .enrolled in the same day .

Interview Questions
    • What were some challenges you faced on your last job? How did you handle these challenges?   Answer Question
    • Can you describe a time when you had to be able to develop a working relationship quickly with someone?   Answer Question
    • How to deal with angry customers?   View Answer

Zone Merchandise Supervisor Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in August 2010.

Basic interview process....Describe a time questions. Overall all the question are describe a time questions. All the questions have five questions in one. Sections are Customer Center, Plan to Improve, Communication, and other questions of that nature.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to prioritize your task....Candidates must pull from work, home, or school experience. Just try to answer a question and do not say I never had that happen to me before.Please come dressed appropriately. Some people come with there pants sagging or just looking a hot mess.   View Answer
    No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in March 2014.

4 questions total by 2 different people(2 questions a piece). They asked me to describe a time where I had to complete a task with very little time & to describe a time when I had to complete more than one task in a certain amount of time. The other 2 questions from the other person was pretty much the same thing just worded different.

Interview Questions
    • they were pretty much all the same to me. I gave both people the same answers because the questions were so similar.   Answer Question

Cashier Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sebring, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sebring, FL

I interviewed online - interviewed at Walmart in October 2013.

I was hired right away, it was a piece of cake. I have answered the questions honestly and passed them. just do not say any thing that is not smart.

Inventory Control Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Palmdale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in April 2010.

They ask the same stuff everyone else does.....tell me a time when.... have you ever been faced with... what awards have you received from past jobs or school.

Interview Questions
    they offered me minimum wage, I took it because if I didn't they could hire the other 400 people behind me who wanted a job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Palm Coast, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Coast, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart in August 2014.

Applied on a Thursday night and got a phone call for an interview 2 days later. It was very easy. Your basic questions on your past experience and such. Then I was told to sit right outside the room where I waited for like 20 min. Then was called back in to review my paperwork and review sign a lot of papers. Offer the job on the spot! Now I just have to complete my drug test and everything. I will get a follow up call after everything is processed to start my orientation.

Interview Questions
    • All were pretty easy. Just your basic questions on handling situations   View Answer
    No negotiation. Took what they gave me because I really needed the job

Assistant Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

I applied on line, was called with in a week to have a phone interview with one of the co-managers. Phone interview lasted about a half an hour. I was called two weeks later for another interview this one was in person at the store. The interview was with the Store Manager and the Asset Protection Manager. There was a series of questions that they read from. The more detailed you were the better that you answered the question. I then had a phone conversation with the Market Human Resource Manager. I had to do a background check and pre employment drug screen. All of this probably took
    about a month. Also when you fill out the application on line there is an assessment test that you have to take and if you don't pass that you will not be interviewed.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are pre printed and they can choose one from a list of two. It is broken down by competencies that you need to show that you can do to be able to do the job.   Answer Question
    I did not try to negotiate.

Deli Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Wayne, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Walmart in April 2012.

The hiring process was slightly difficult. First of all applying was not easy. Second of all, there are at least two interviews. And thirdly, The CBLS stink.
    The interviews were ok. The questions were standard and easy.

Interview Questions
    I asked for Sundays off and they gave me every Sunday off. There was really no negotiation necessary.