Walmart

2.4

Cashier Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elkton, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elkton, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart in November 2014.

Extremely easy. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. She asked me to verify all of the information from my online application, then asked me pretty much the same question 4 times, just worded differently. They were all "tell me about a time that you had a challenge/difficulty/problem/issue". I just cited differentl examples, but basically said the same thing.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you had to prioritize a project. How did you do it, etc   View Answer
    No negotiation. When we sat down I saw a post-it note on my folder with the salary and title, so I knew that it was all or nothing. I use the term "all" loosely.

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart in November 2014.

Really easy. 3 rounds of interviews with different management. Questions about work history. Ex: name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you handle it. Just get in the habit of answering all interview questions in the STAR format. After interviews you get the offer. Pass the drug and background check and you're in. Process from application to orientation took about a week....oh and get ready to squiggly....

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer?   View Answer
    No negotiations

Cashier Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove, CA

One of the easiest Interviews i've ever had. you will have 3 interviews. one with a CSM, another with an assistant manager, and the last interview really wasn't an interview it was more of a job offer with the store manager. Questions were easy. All were scenario questions. The two interviews both asked about 6 Scenario questions. Both were the same 6 questions. They will do a background check and a Drug Test. Basically if you get called you got the job unless you can't answer the questions or fail the drug test or Background Chek

No negotiations

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart in November 2014.

I was called on a Friday asking if I could come in for an interview. He said they do interviews all the time so whatever worked for me, including some time during the weekend would work out. We set up 11 AM on Monday. I was directed to the service desk, they would make a phone call and send me to site to store where I would then be met by the person interviewing me. What really happened was, I got there, she didn't have me on her "list" of interviewees. She made a phone call, yelled across the service desk for my name, for the third time. I then went back to site to store and waited about 10 minutes while they prepared for my interview. I was interviewed in the personnel office where any employee was coming and going during the process. As the person interviewing me had a question for personnel, he yelled the question, and they yelled the answer back at him, from across the room. Thank God it was just a basic question and nothing personal. I had a second interview that same day. They then called wanting to bring me in for an offer. I wasn't able to answer that call, so I got the voicemail the next day. The same day I got the voicemail, I also received a phone call from Walmart asking for Steve. I don't know how it happened, but not they have my personal information mixed up with somebody else's. Needless to say, I don't know any Steve's.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected. It was your basic interview.   Answer Question

Fitting Room Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart in November 2014.

Fast fun easy and simple. basically they don't tell you.. that you got hired tell after you do the drug test and past and then they just say come to orientation.

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart in November 2014.

Applied online they called same day to schedule interview. Went in for interview all questions are " tell me about a time..." After first interview she told me to wait for assistant manager then I had second interview and basically same kind of question. Really easy interview. Got the job offer same day.

No negotiation

Inside Sales Department Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

Applied through university. Typically they do one interview and then offer. The interview was pretty standard. Medium in difficulty in terms of the behavioral questions asked. They pay for housing, reimburse your travels and have a good atmosphere. The only downside is that the internship is in Arkansas and they pay pretty low. The pay is only from my experience, my other offer was about $1k more each month.

Interview Questions
    • Summary of question: If you had arranged a meeting with a potential client and your boss stops you before you leave to ask if you are available to work on an assignment, what would you do?   View Answer

Pay was low. Didn't want to go to Arkanas. However, it sounds like a really good internship and could strengthen your resume.

Loader Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Walmart.

They asked four questions. The questions were about previous experience at handling certain situations. I answered all four and was offered the job. It was a very simple interview.I was offered the job and accepted it.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation you dealt with in order to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Walmart Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valley Stream, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valley Stream, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart.

Basic interview. As long as you're able to speak a lick of english, your chances of getting hired is 90%.

After you pass the interview phase, you pee in a cup and if you pass that you go to orientation which is basically your first day.

Store Manager Interview

Initial interview is often by phone. Followup interview will be a panel. Both interviews are ten behavorial questions. Be prepared with a number of scenarios that demonstrate your leadership capabilities.