Walmart Interview Questions

2.4

Guest Service Team Member - Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, NE

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Walmart in October 2014.

waited 30mins for an interview. aced the first one then when i was waiting for the second i was hearing rude comments about me from over workers. was offered the job but declined because of the other workers.

Interview Questions
    • nothing the mangers were very nice and told me how easy the job was.   Answer Question

Walmart Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart in October 2014.

Typical interview. Had 2 interviews, first one was with 3 ppl in the same day (assistant manager, supervisor, and regular associate). Asked like 4-5 situational questions, after interview asked if i had any questions. Did a deliberation then told me to.come bk for 2nd interview that following Thursday at 10:45.

arrived at 2nd interview 15 min early. After the first person came out, my name was called to do my interview. The.store.manager introduced him self, took me to a room in the back of the building. Asked me to tell him about.myself and why I want to work for WalMart. Then was asked to tell.him about my employment history. After that, I was asked about 2 tell.me about a time questions. After those were answered, he then said that this was an temp.position and they were looking for ppl for the holidays. I told him I would love to do the job.

he then stated he had more interviews to do and that he will make his selection soon. He told me I would hear bk by that Monday or Tuesday depending on his.personal manager. Its been 4 days. Haven't heard anything yet.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time when you had a difficult task to complete and how did you completed it?   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart in October 2014.

I received a phone call from a recruiter asking me to come in for an interview and have dinner. They had gotten my resume from the campus career center so it was an out-of-the-blue surprise for me.

Dinner was at a nice place and was very informational. The next Day I came to the interview and my interviewers were the ones sitting across from me during dinner.

Overall fairly relaxed interview. Typical why us questions and such. Asked the difference between a For and a While loop. What is a switch case, which is faster between a switch case and a series of if-else statements.

Interview Questions
    • if you were interviewing someone for a programmer position what question would you ask?   Answer Question

Cashier Associate Interview

I was called by Human Resources and was asked to come in for an interview 3 days following this initial phone call. I was interviewed by a Customer Service Manager and then one of the General Managers. The interviews were very thorough, asked A LOT of questions and really seemed interested in ME. They told me right on the spot that as long as I passed the background check and drug screening (which they pay for themselves and I was sent to go to immediately) that I was hired. They also told me what my pay would be (which was almost $2.00 over minimum wage).

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember exactly how it was worded; but, it was something to the effect of, "Name a difficult situation at work where you put in a complicated position." This is a tough question as you want to be able to "sell yourself"; yet, you do not want to sound like you are bragging either.   Answer Question
    No, I did not negotiate as the pay they offered was already higher than I had expected.

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

I applied online.

Interview was easy.
    If you got called for interview, then you're basically hired.

Then you will proceed to the drug test. The drug test was really easy. You just need to pee in a cup.

Interview Questions
    Nothing, they just tell you your salary.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart.

They will hire about anybody with the degree because of the high turnover. You can work your way up starting up as a regular part time associate. As long as you work like there is no tomorrow.

Interview Questions
    • no unexpected questions. STAR interview. All predictable: customer service and leadership   View Answer
    no negotiations. everybody starts at the same rate.

Guest Service Team Member - Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Walmart.

Easy no love lost money power candy in the store sing a so g hinged gdra Huns Darby love care me run cat dog snake bow Jin hft kits swgj Lourdes mudcv

Nothing

Sales Associate Interview

It was simple, asked a few questions and got hired. They like associates who are looking to stay within their industry and promote to managers. You get the Walmart discount after working 3 months as an employee.

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart in September 2014.

Recieved a call in the a.m. then went in that same night(1st. Interview) Second day recieved another call in the a.m. to go it that same night for (2nd interview) both different manager's.

Interview Questions
    I still have a third interview which they told me was to drug test and contact references. If I can come back and answer this question after that last interview I will update you.

Electronics Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart.

As long as you come in to the interview with confidence you will be fine. Also just make sure when you are answering the questions that you do not contradict yourself. Speak clearly and precisely, eye contact is never a bad thing which will go hand in hand as part of confidence.