Walmart

2,019 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Remodel Interview

Valley Stream, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Walmart in March 2014.

Interview Details – Basic interview question, like what is excellent customer service?

Overnight Maintenance Interview

New Hartford, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart in February 2012.

Interview Details – three total interviews -
first is a get to know you verify information
second is the personality queestion phase
third is signing paperwork already hired

Interview Question – personality battery   Answer Question

Reading, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in February 2010.

Interview Details – Filled out online aplication, got a call, came in for an interview.
Had one on one interviews with 2 ass. managers and then with 2 dept. managers. was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – They were all pretty simple   Answer Question

Electronics Associate Interview

Summerville, SC

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Walmart in August 2012.

Interview Details – Pretty simple really.You fill in the application.You do so by going to a Kiosk usually set in the customer service area.You will receive a call to come in by a certain time for interview.(Important :Be on Time).They usually give you an interview.They may not call you back right away (for me it was a day or two between when I made the application and when they called me).If you get a call back to have a 2nd interview it's pretty safe to say you have the job.The second one is usually filling out the paperwork, doing your drug test, and getting the anti union stuff out the way.

Interview Question – They seemed to be fixated on whether or not you will go the extra mile for the company.So they may ask you to name a time when you did a extra project for your previous employer.Or can you tell me a time you've done more than what was expected of you on a project and what was the result?   View Answer

Wetumpka, AL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart in March 2014.

Interview Details – They really just call you and ask you if you are interested in a job, they won't tell you what the job is or anything else. Once you get there you will have about 3 interviews, they will make a random department manager do your first interview, and they will act like you are inconveniencing them. They will ask stupid questions like "Describe a time you worked in a team to accomplish something." Then management will do your last two interviews and they will repeat the questions you were asked earlier but they will be worded differently. Lastly they will tell you your wage (which will be low) and give you your paper for a drug test. They'll call you back a day or two after your drug test clears and they will tell you when to come in for orientation.

Interview Question – All the questions were pretty baseline and stupid, to be honest.   Answer Question

Service Writer Interview

Interviewed at Walmart

Interview Details – Three interviews pretty easy basic behavior questions

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – questions are very long, all the care about is that you answer them using the STAR method, listen very carefully first time question is asked then ask them to repeat questions so you have more time to think of an appropriate answer (you will not be docked for this and you will come across a lot smarter with thorough answers)

Interview Question – give an example of a time you had to deal with a controversial situation, what was the situation, who did you involve, how did you go about it, what was the outcome, what information did you use to make a decision what if anything would you do different in the future   Answer Question

Lakewood, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in October 2012.

Interview Details – Applied by website got called back in two days. You have two interviews id the first one goes good you got the job. After the interview process orientation take aither a week or two they have to have enough people to have a orientation.

Interview Question – Standard questions alot of "tell me about a time" questions.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in June 2012.

Interview Details – If already employed with walmart, you need a bachelors and need to get in contact with the market HR. If not employed, search online for open positions, (assistant manager trainee) and then contact a shift or store manager at the store you wish to apply. they will be able to pass your info along to the market hr.

Interview Question – The interview is basic behavior. what projects have you worked on, what was the outcome, who did you use as resources.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Columbia, SC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in April 2012.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by two shift managers and then by the district manager. I was hired pretty much on the spot because of my extensive background with another large grocery retailer.

Interview Question – Walmart uses a set of pretty ridiculous questions that are very difficult to answer quickly.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Walmart