Walmart Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2015
2,730 Interview Reviews

2.4

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

To Long, interview with 4 to five people before I was hired. then you have to wait outside for long periods of time while they was lunch. Then they would call you back in to finish the interview process

Interview Questions
    • Why I wanted to work for Wal-Mart, have work in retail prior, How will can I handle situation with a customer.   Answer Question

Guest Service Team Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

First must complete online questionnaire before interview is scheduled. Face-to-Face interview is conducted with multiple interviewers. Each interview is conducted with a set of prearranged situational questions ; if answers are acceptable you are ask to wait for the next interviewer. A drug screen and background check is required before being hired.

Interview Questions
    • Situational questions are used....Describe a time when you demonstrated problem-solving skills. What was the problem and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sebastian, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sebastian, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Walmart in March 2015.

Applied online, and was called for an interview about two weeks later. Was called in for interview, and had 2 interviews back to back, and was then offered the position. They then called my references, and sent me to take a drug test and conducted a background check.

Interview Questions
    • Open ended questions about teamwork, leadership, and conflict resoloution   View Answer
    "How does 8.35 for a cashier position sound?"

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Walmart in March 2015.

Very easy basic questions that usually have nothing to do with the interview. I kept meeting with the store manager so he could see how interested I was in getting the job positions they just need people to put groceries in the freezer section you shouldn't have any problems the only downside is probably how long you have to wait to get the interview

Interview Questions
    • I will give examples and you tell me what you would do in that situation would you steal from the store ?   View Answer

Receiving Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Walmart in March 2015.

Applied late on a Thursday night, got a call that Friday, interviewed the following Tuesday. I arrived right on time and was told to wait for the interviewer. Wasn't long before I was taken back to their office. Questions were extremely basic behavioral and experience based. Most of them were just the same couple questions worded slightly differently. I answered 9 questions total between two separate interviewers. I received an offer on the spot, pending the usual background check and drug test results. Everyone I dealt with was friendly and the atmosphere was relaxed - exactly what you'd expect for this sort of position. I was in and out in an hour flat.

Interview Questions
    • What was a problem you faced and what steps did you take to overcome it? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • What was a time you dealt with an angry customer and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • What was a problem you faced and how did you solve it?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Furniture Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fishkill, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fishkill, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart in March 2015.

I actually applied online months ago but when they first called me I was still employed with my seasonal job then they called me again a couple of months later and asked if I was still interested in being interviewed and I said yes so I setup a date and time for that and on the day of the interview my interview was suppose to be at 9am so I got to the costumer service desk at like 8:55am and told them I was here for a interview and they told me where to go so I sat down on the bench that's next to the walmart.com service desk and I didn't get interviewed until after 10am and I was interviewed by one of the assistant managers and she only asked me two questions then she had to go and plug in my answers into the computer system and then she had me follow her to another room and she told me that I just got hired. So the actual interview was like 10-15 minutes. Oh yeah when they ask you questions they really like it when you use examples from either school or former jobs.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you had to communicate important information to other people   View Answer
    N/A

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart in March 2015.

Long and tedious! I am still waiting for someone to call and tell me when to come in for orientation! When I arrived for the interview there were multiple applicants and all had been waiting for hours!!! I had to wait for over an hour! Now I took the drug test and guess what? Waiting for days!!!!!!

Interview Questions
    • Would you be willing to work in produce?   View Answer

Meat Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Panama City, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Panama City, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart in March 2015.

I applied online, I applied on every position I am qualified for, which is not a lot.

3-4 hours after applying online, I got a call for an interview for the next day.
    When I got there, I got a 1 on 1 interview, and he asked me a few questions, he told me to wait and see if the others wants to interview me (to determine if I am worth the time, I guess).
    A few minutes later, I got called in and this time, 3 interviewer are sitting in a long table.
    My heart was beating fast, I sat down and at that point, I realized that I need to distribute my eye contacts to all 3 of them equally, which is a little bit hard to do, I may have ended up putting a little more eye contacts in front of me.

Each of them asked some questions and each I answered, I repeated some answers from the 1 on 1 interview earlier, but they said it was fine.

Once again, I was put outside for them to decide my faith. They came in not a moment later and said "congratulation, you got the part". I went inside again to fill some paperwork and went to the labs to do drug testing.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me the time where you went above and beyond for a costumer?   Answer Question

Guest Service Team Member - Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart in March 2015.

Interview was very simple. It was one on one and I was asked 5 questions off a piece of paper, she rated me on each answer. It took maybe 15 minutes. She then had me sign consent for a background check and sent me to get my drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you set a deadline for yourself and made a plan to get it done.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Walmart in March 2015.

I had to apply online and take an assessment. About 7 days later, I received an email from a regional manager. I was then scheduled for a phone interview. He said they would call within the next week and notify those selected. She was very nice, although it seemed like she was in a hurry and was speaking very rapidly while explaining the job application process.