Walmart

2.4

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, OH

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

Applied, two weeks later got a call from the Walmart in Wilmington, went for two interviews, told I would be contacted for a third. Never heard from them. Told them what shift I could work (2nd and third). Week later called from Hillsboro Walmart. Went for two interviews. Told to have my references contact them. Had my references contact them and they asked the dumbiest questions that my references ever heard. (Was I a violent person and if I would hurt someone) both of my references thought that was odd, and told them no of course. But that seemed like a un heard of question.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult. Ask " have you ever, or what would you do or how have you", type questions. I was told by the second Walmart that I would get the shift I wanted but it will only last until Dec 31. Then they may or may not keep me on as this is seasonal. I do know that the money they offered is not much $9.00 only. They kept telling me that it is hard work and that maybe I would want something easier. Almost like they do not want people to come there and work.   Answer Question

Field Project Supervisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

You have an initial PHONE REVIEW. Pretty simple. they want to know a bit about your background and why you want to work for walmart. Same formal interview as many companies. Next is a virtual green job interview with about 9 questions, you get to do over so its pretty easy. They want to know how you handled previous projects.

Interview Questions
    I was making more then they offered. they max was 42K, they gave more then that after I told them I wasn't sure I could take such a pay cut. I was happy with the second offer.

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart.

I've applied online, next day i've got a call and i've been called in for an interview. I've asked several times about the schedule but didn't get an answer. After the interview i've got a job offer for an overnight cashier.

Interview Questions
    • talk about a time when you had several things to do at once.
      how do you manage a conflict.
      how do you deal with a difficult customer.
      talk about your past experience as a cashier/sales associate.

Answer Question

It was an exclusive all night job

Deli Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Walmart.

Interview was with 2 managers separately. Questions were the same booth times and fairly easy to answer based on past experiences. Job was offered right away pending drug and background check.

No negotiation.

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Johns, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Johns, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart.

The entire process took about 3 days between the first interview drug screening and second interview. It was pretty fast and easy no crazy questions out of the norm.

Interview Questions
    • Do you do drugs? I just didn't see that question coming. Guess I didn't realize how big of an issue that was becoming.   View Answer
    N/A

Seasonal Grocery Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hemet, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hemet, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walmart in November 2014.

I was called in for an interview for a temporary grocery stock person. I was told unless I have retail experience, I would not be able to handle the job because it is challenging and you have to help customers. I told her I had retail experience from several years ago and have run my own jewelry business.The girl barely asked my any questions and did not mark any of them down. The questions were your typical store questions.

Cashier Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elkton, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elkton, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart in November 2014.

Extremely easy. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. She asked me to verify all of the information from my online application, then asked me pretty much the same question 4 times, just worded differently. They were all "tell me about a time that you had a challenge/difficulty/problem/issue". I just cited differentl examples, but basically said the same thing.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you had to prioritize a project. How did you do it, etc   View Answer
    No negotiation. When we sat down I saw a post-it note on my folder with the salary and title, so I knew that it was all or nothing. I use the term "all" loosely.

Associate Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

First interview was a skype interview with a panel and they asked situational questions. Second interview was with upper management, and that was more asking about my background and experience.

Interview Questions
    • If you found a confidential paper on the printer, what would you do?   Answer Question

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart in November 2014.

Really easy. 3 rounds of interviews with different management. Questions about work history. Ex: name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you handle it. Just get in the habit of answering all interview questions in the STAR format. After interviews you get the offer. Pass the drug and background check and you're in. Process from application to orientation took about a week....oh and get ready to squiggly....

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer?   View Answer
    No negotiations

Cashier Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove, CA

One of the easiest Interviews i've ever had. you will have 3 interviews. one with a CSM, another with an assistant manager, and the last interview really wasn't an interview it was more of a job offer with the store manager. Questions were easy. All were scenario questions. The two interviews both asked about 6 Scenario questions. Both were the same 6 questions. They will do a background check and a Drug Test. Basically if you get called you got the job unless you can't answer the questions or fail the drug test or Background Chek

No negotiations