Walmart

Relevance Date Difficulty

FID Processor Interview

FID Processor
Brookhaven, MS

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in July 2014.

Interview Details – The interviewer was very awkward and slightly rude. The questions were very generic. They were based on how you performed tasks with your previous employers, and how you could adjust to various situations.

Interview Question – She mainly asked questions about previous work history.   Answer Question

Instock Team Overnight Interview

Instock Team Overnight
Moreno Valley, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart in May 2014.

Interview Details – got called in for an interview met with an assistant manager and a hiring manager. basic questions asked about problem solving skills questions about how you've handled difficult situations in the past and how you've handled bad situations overall and still were able to achieve a positive outcome. basically they want to gauge if your lazy or too dumb to work there.

Interview Question – if you've had any real job work experience it shouldn't be too hard to come up with some good enough examples to show them you can handle yourself properly and efficiently.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – n/a

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Spring Lake, NC

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart in June 2014.

Interview Details – For me the interview process was fairly easy, but I studied everything that I could about panel interviews and The STAR method for answering situational questions. I went to a job fair and gave my resume to one of the managers at their table. He asked me a few questions, made some notes and we shook hands. I didn't expect to hear from them because I don't have a degree. About a week or so later I received a call to set up an interview for the following week. When I got to the store to interview, there were 29 other candidates, so I was sure I wouldn't be hired. We were all veterans or about to be. We watched a quick video, filled out an application and waited to be seen. They gave some of us a tour of the store we were at, Spring Lake, NC. While some of us were touring, others were doing the panel interview. Once I was called in for the interview, there were 3 managers waiting. We shook hands, sat down and they explained how the process would work. One of them asked about 6 questions that basically wanted to determine how I have dealt with work related challenges in the past. They have to be situations that pertain to you, not a team or your store, you and how you handled it. They scored my answers while I spoke and showed no emotion. I was a bit nervous because I normally get a smile or some form of conversation. After they questioned me, they asked if I had any questions. I asked a couple and they suddenly became nice again and we talked for a few minutes. I felt better. We shook hands and that was it. I received a call three weeks later with an offer and information on my next steps.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where the integrity of your staff members came into question. What was the issue, was there a valid reason to question their integrity, how did you handle it and what was the outcome (something like that).   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. They give you an offer based on experience and you accept or decline.

Staff Pharmacist Interview

Staff Pharmacist

Interviewed at Walmart

Interview Details – More specific questions about the job and the skills you bring to the position. the interviewer was a very friendly person that understands what it is like to be interviewed. It was a pleasure interviewing with the person.

Interview Question – why should we hire you now?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Electronic Sales Associate Interview

Electronic Sales Associate
Lancaster, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in May 2010.

Interview Details – It was pretty simple, they ask you the regular questions that they normally would (what if scenarios etc.) The process went really great and since it was my first time working in a retail environment, i was happy. After everything went through, I took the drug test right away and I started pretty much that next following week.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Old Bridge, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in May 2014.

Interview Details – You get a phone call to come in for an interview - then you interview with 3 different managers and discuss what you expect out of the job, your character, and how you would handle different situations.

Interview Question – "Describe yourself in 3 words"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation - they placed me into apparel and that's the position I accepted.

Industrial Engineer Interview

Industrial Engineer
Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Walmart in March 2014.

Interview Details – The college recruiting process was relatively straight forward. Two people asked mainly behavioral questions. The interview was about 45 minutes long, asked me to walk through my resume, and then situation, behavior type questions. I used the STAR approach, and they seemed very interested.

Interview Question – How would you deal with a difficult co-worker?   Answer Question

Deli Sales Associate Interview

Deli Sales Associate
Pella, IA

I applied online - interviewed at Walmart in May 2014.

Interview Details – Once you get past that initial questionnaire, the process is much easier. (Answer consistently on the questionnaire for successful results.) I got hired at one Walmart, but had to move suddenly before I could start, so I called up the new Walmart and acted very interested. I was persistent and they gave me interviews. They had two interviews by two different assistant managers and ZMS's, probably to insure interview objectivity. They asked similar questions. Questions usually are like "describe a time you went out of your way to help a customer when you were in a busy situation," and "describe a time when you worked with a team to get something done by a close deadline." Not word for word. But those are the behavioral type questions they would ask.

Interview Question – Just a lot of very specific behavioral questions, like I mentioned above.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It's Walmart. Needed the job. Made no attempt to negotiate.

Cashier Walmart Interview

Cashier Walmart

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Got an interview after 2 days of applying and got hired on the spot. The interview itself was straight forward. That was probably because I got rejected from 3 job interviews before this and I learned from them instead of repeating the same mistakes. Failure is a key component to success in anything you do.

Interview Question – There was no difficult question. I know modesty is an important thing but in job interviews you brag about yourself until you can't brag anymore. That's how you get a job   Answer Question

Area Manager Interview

Area Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – There were 2 interviews for me to become a manager. I have had numerous interviews in my time with Walmart and each of the questions boils down to 3 things they are looking for. 1) Give a specific example of the situation the question is asking about, don't be general or vague. 2) Give a detailed accounting of your role in the situation. 3) Provide a resolution as a result of your role in the situation.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time when you had to do a difficult task because it was the most ethical thing to do.   View Answer