Walmart

Updated Nov 24, 2014
2,499 Interview Reviews

2.4

Assistant Manager Interview

submitted it online and called them, they called back with few questions about location and hours. then asked me to go to their office for the formal talk. there wasn't anything specific or difficult. just wanted to make sure i can handle the job.

Overnight Stocker Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart.

Usually one small phone interview followed by an in-person interview. This can be a one-one-one or a group interview. I was a part of a group. Nothing hard, just pass the drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Describe an instance in which you had to deal with a difficult customer.   View Answer
    They tell you what you're paid.

Overnight Stocker Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

The interview was very simple. You interview with three different managers. If you get called back for a third interview you basically have the job. The job interview was about 20 minutes. The managers are pretty decent people. Just make sure to sell yourself.

ICS Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart.

mgr not available got interviewed by personnel, its a benefit to some, cuz they are clueless if ur really qualified, I have experience and skills to get the job, would have been nice to show it to mgr

none

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manteca, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manteca, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart.

Application process must be done through store computer or over the internet. Towards the end, applicant must complete an assessment. Applicant should follow-up with the store manager, after application process.

Interview Questions
    • Simple common questions ask such as availability, experience, why you decided to pursue your career at Wal-Mart.   Answer Question
    Always have your experience and documentation (certificates/awards) to back you up. Initial pay is decided according to your experience and credit by months/years experience.

Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Walmart.

same as any where. On store level they do not care about the training that you have from past jobs. They offer you $8.40 per hr., but do not tell you at store level you do not get 40 hrs. a week, it's more like 4 to 30 hrs.

Interview Questions
    • will you work any hours they tell you, and week to week the time of day for start and finish per day changes. the are not truthful about this. the only ask what hours you can work like 7am to 4pm, and What days Saturday to Friday ...the hours total for the week changes every week your take home pay can be any where from $33.60 ish. to $319.20 ish. before taxes or benefit deductions.   Answer Question
    they told what the pay would be, end of negotiations

Guest Service Team Member - Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

Very simple process. Applied online. Got a phone call about a week later to come in. Had two back to back interviews and was given a job offer. Then had to complete a drug test and background check. Had orientation 3 weeks later.

Home Office Associate-Full Time Interview

Prepare for the basic personality test type questions like "What do you do if your manager tells you to do something and you disagree?" Drug testing is demoralizing but at least you know that your coworkers are also clean and the environment is safe. I thought the interview process was respectful and kind.

Interview Questions
    • "What do you do if your manager tells you to do something and you disagree?"   Answer Question
    Yes, there is room for negotiations.

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Walmart in October 2014.

The interview was very simple. They ask for scenarios on how you handle difficult customers, what do you do when you have many tasks to get done, and when have you gone above and beyond at work. Easy interview. Not that hard to get hired. They start you off as a temp and if you do good within 2 months Theyllhire you ppermanently. They also send you in for a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you were in a difficult situation. How did you handle it and who did you ask for help?   View Answer
    My schedule & my pay is $9.10 an hour

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

I think they have a good interview process for cashiers. The interviewee gets to talk to one of the CSM's and then the store manager. I think that talking with a CSM gives the store manager help in deciding who to hire because the CSM knows more about the everyday things that goes on in cashiering. They know more about the ways things are do em such as WIC. WIC is kind of particular, and here are things that are not WIC approved, or some things are more specific than others. I think the application process is kind of silly. They ask questions more than once, but in different ways.

Interview Questions
    • How would you politely deny an alcohol sale to a minor who has a friend with them who is of legal drinking age?   Answer Question