Walmart

Very Easy Interview

Asset Protection Associate Interview

Asset Protection Associate
Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online
Got a call a couple days later
I went in for the interview (Standard questions)
Was told I will be notified if I will be hired in the next two weeks
While driving back home, the AP manager called and asked if I could return.
When I got there she offered me the position and I went to take my drug test
Withing 5 days I started working.

Interview Question – None, the question were simple   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiating

Pharmacy Sales Associate Interview

Pharmacy Sales Associate

Interviewed at Walmart

Interview Details – Process took about a month. Got called in for an interview and had to wait for a second interview for drug test and orientation materials . After my drug test I got called about 2 days afterwards for the date of orientation which was very boring but it was paid.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Asked if I was willing to start off part time

Walmart DC Order Filler Interview

Walmart DC Order Filler
Brundidge, AL

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Walmart in November 2010.

Interview Details – If the company was short handed due to increase volume for the holidays, are you able to work a flexible schedule? Since we are in the business of demand, would you have a problem working holidays and would you be available for on call duty?

Interview Question – Do you have a problem with a rotating shift   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had experience for a manager`s position.

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in February 2012.

Interview Details – 2 questioned interviews, all situational questions. Just stay consistent and go in depth on how you took care or would take care of the situations don't give a quick answer. Explain how, why and who you involved in the process and what the outcome was. Even if you pad your answers a little at least act like you know what your talking about.

Negotiation Details – No the pay is pretty straight forward.

Unloader Associate Interview

Unloader Associate
Wentzville, MO

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in June 2012.

Interview Details – Filled out application online, there was a questionnaire asking opinions on issues. I chose either 'strongly agree' or 'strongly disagree'. I received a call in the next week to set up an interview. The interview lasted for 15 minutes, was with a manager. The atmosphere was relaxed. When I was hired, we had orientation the next week. It went all day.

Interview Question – Nothing. Typical questions, 'Tell us a little about yourself..', etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate.

Bakery Sales Associate Interview

Bakery Sales Associate
Franklin, KY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – The interview really wasn't much. I did not want a job in the Bakery or Deli and the bakery is exactly where they wanted me to be. He took me up to the Bakery and introduced me to the Department Lead and showed me around.

Interview Question – I don't remember there being any difficult questions. He went over my application and asked a few questions about my previous career.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I needed a job and I didn't have the luxury of declining.

Auto Care Center Technician Interview

Auto Care Center Technician
Holland, OH

I applied online - interviewed at Walmart in July 2013.

Interview Details – It had three interviews, first one was with a random assistant manager to see what your personality was like, second interview was with the manager that oversees the Automotive department. I was asked about experience questions and situational questions. The third interview was more of an on-boarding interview where they tell you your pay rate and ask if you can do the job. This final interview was done by the store manager not the personal manager which I thought was strange. You except or decline the job offer and if you except you have only so many hours to complete a drug test at a local medical facility they have chosen.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time at work where you were faced with a problem with a customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation took place. It was the pay rate they offered or the highway. I needed a job badly since I'm in school.

Merchandise Supervisor Interview

Merchandise Supervisor
Lynchburg, VA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Walmart in September 2010.

Interview Details – One on one interview,...series of questions,...what would you do in certain situations.
Tell about a time that you had regarding a customer,that needed something that the store
Was out of stock ,at that time.

Interview Question – Do you prefer working independent,or working with other to get the job done.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Did not fill I had the training,and skill set to meek the requirements.

IMS Interview

IMS

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – I had two interview with the backroom supervisor and the assistant manager. I thought I wouldn't get the job because I've read the other reviews and they said you needed to get to three interview. I got a call the next day for a job offer. Although I guess it depends on what store you get interview for because my previous Walmart job, I got interview only twice too.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had a conflict with a coworker. What was the conflict, how did you get your message across, and what was the positive outcome?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate
Cleveland, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Walmart in April 2013.

Interview Details – I was called in for an interview days after applying in-store. First of all, the interviewer was very unfriendly, which made me feel uncomfortable. This was my first interview ever, and I had no prior job experience, yet they asked me questions as if I had worked before, which completely puzzled me and I struggled to think of some example from school. Due to this, there was a lot of silence, and the interviewer stared at me, clearly bored and unamused. There were 5 questions, all basically asking the same thing; to describe a time I worked with a team. All I could give were horribly mediocre answers from school. Unsurprisingly, I wasn't called back.

Interview Question – Describe a time you worked with a team, and you were the leader.   Answer Question