Walmart Interview Questions

Updated Oct 20, 2014
2,424 Interview Reviews

2.4

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

I applied online. A week later they called to schedule an interview. Met with the store manager and pharmacist to be interviewed. They asked a lot of situational questions and questions where you must explain a time when u...... After the interview, it took about 3 weeks for them to follow up on the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time when you were given a difficult task and how did you go about completing it?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. I should have, but I did not negotiate. The starting rate seemed so low. Also, there were other people waiting to be offered a job AND they were in the same room as me. I think Walmart did this so people will not be comfortable enough to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart in September 2014.

Recieved a call in the a.m. then went in that same night(1st. Interview) Second day recieved another call in the a.m. to go it that same night for (2nd interview) both different manager's.

Interview Questions
    I still have a third interview which they told me was to drug test and contact references. If I can come back and answer this question after that last interview I will update you.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart.

I was asking to come in for a face to face interview and met with the Pharmacy Manager. They asked a series of questions about your experience and behavior questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when a customer made you upset and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

People/Greater Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart in September 2014.

They asked me about five or six questions. The interviewer told me to apply for a different position if i wanted more money. They asked me mostly situational questions. How did you prioritize your work? When was a time you resolved a dispute between workers.

Bakery/Deli Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart in September 2014.

The interview was quite simple. I applied online in June and didn't get the call until September. They ask about 6 questions like 'Name a time you had a disagreement with someone and how you resolve it.' Then they take you one a tour of the store and the back of the store. Explaining your duties. Then they had me meet the head manager. She told me I passed the interview and needed to take a background check and drug test. The big thing you have to have is availability. That's what they really look at and if you have open availability they will hire you even if you don't have any experience at all and you don't get scaried of the early morning job.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you helped another person. What did you help them with and what did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garland, TX

I applied online on a Saturday and got a call the next Saturday to come in for an interview that Monday morning I went into the store told an employee i was there for an interview she lead me to the employee lounge to wait there were employees in there eating lunch. The interview started with her reviewing my application. She asked me three questions total all situational no tell Me about yourself I aced the interview there was only one interview she interviewed me I had to sign a few papers including one for a drug test. It was an easy interview. I took the drug test yesterday and got a call today to go in for orientation on Friday I'm happy to start my first job

Interview Questions
    • How do you communicate your ideas with other people ? Something like that   View Answer
    • Name a time where you exceeded someone's expectations.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had a limited amount of time to do something how did you get it done ?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation I was offered $8.50 an hour which is higher than minimum wage in Texas and also higher than daytime workers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garland, TX

I applied online on a Saturday and got called the following Saturday by the manager who told me to come for an interview that Monday morning the interview was much easier and laid back than I had expected I was asked 3 questions total all situational type questions she then gave me a few papers to fill out and a drug test order to be completed within 24 hours I took the drug test yesterday morning and was called today to go into orientation on Friday.

Interview Questions
    • How do you communicate your ideas with others ?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation you take it or leave it

Walmart Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Upper Saddle River, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Upper Saddle River, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart in September 2014.

I have had a multitude of customer service positions, ranging from managing a front end to running the camera and film area. This has allowed me to meet and understand the needs of a large customer base and rarely face a problem I have not encountered before. My brief time at the car dealership in Hackensack even gave me the skills to try to help sell extra items or up-sell specific items we are trying to move that week.

I am available to be interviewed and to work 24/7. as long as minimal warning is given since I live less than 10 min away. It sounds like this job calls for some time working alone (which I actually prefer since I feel it minimized any possible distractions or confrontations that may arise, but also involve some team activities (which while I do not prefer I thoroughly enjoy getting to know my more positive associates where I can not only learn from them, but also get the job done more quickly- all while having fun and keeping the clocck running faster,

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel dealing with the "stigma" of working a "lowly" job like Walmart?   View Answer

They were too far away.. I lost my father in 9/11 and prefer to be as close to them as possible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lorain, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lorain, OH

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walmart in September 2014.

Three days after I applied online, I was called in for an interview the next day. I was interviewed by one manager, then by three others in a second interview immediately following the first. They were all really nice and weren't really intimidating. In both interviews, I was asked four different "Name a time when..." questions.

After the interview went well, they needed to contact my references before moving forward. Four days later I received my job offer, and filled out background check form, and took my drug test at another location.

Five days later, I got the call letting me know that I passed my drug test and background check. Then I was told when orientation was.

You get paid a predetermined amount depending on your position and the hours you work.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berea, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berea, KY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart in September 2014.

called to come in for interview: 1 f2f with personnel, 1 f2f with member of management same day. Called references while I waited in site to store area. did drug test same day. Called couple days later for orientation. Have to wear work clothes (khaki pants, and navy or white shirt) to orientation

they do not negotiate