Walmart

2,637 Interview Reviews

2.4

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

Transferred from store in different state. That store did good interview had 2 interviews plus entrance interview. This store hired me as transfer without application or formal interview..

Interview Questions
    • What was your most challenging triumph in any previous job   View Answer

Claims Lead/Supervisor Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walmart.

Quite honestly, my husband was a district manager. And I had worked for Walmart before. So when we found out they were building a new store close to us (we had just gotten transferred to this state), my husband talked to the store manager and got the interview set up. I had the experience...but if there is a wife of upper management, that especially needs a job because of a transfer, they will get it 90% of the time, as long as they are somewhat qualified. There were a few "better" office type jobs-but they were already filled. So I settled for this one until a lady left in the cash office (she had already said she would leave within 6 months) I had 3 interviews. One with personnel. One with a few assistant managers, and one with "the" store manager. I had lived and breathed Walmart since marrying my husband-so there was no problem for me. Typical questions on integrity, being on time, right and wrong, etc. You do have to take a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Give us the scoop on working at the Walmart distribution center!?!   Answer Question

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

I applied in the store. they took about a week to get back to me and then asked me typical interview questions. There was a review board of three people asking questions in the break room.

Interview Questions
    They slid me a piece of paper that had my starting pay on it and asked me to sign.

Accounting Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart.

I have interviewed for this position twice. Both times, I was called and asked if I'd like to come in for an interview. The interview consisted of 2-3 parts, depending on who was available at the time. First, the Zoning Supervisor interviewed me. They asked me 3 questions, read from a script. "Think of a time when..." - those types of questions. Then, I went through the same process with an Assistant Manager. The interview process is very tedious and involved for the wages offered and what the job itself would require.

After these two 15 minute interviews, I met with the Store Manager. They did not read from a script, but simply asked me what I was looking for in a job, my long-term goals (odd question to answer, considering the low wage and high turnover rate), and if I had any questions.

I was hired, and made aware of this when the Training Coordinator called and asked me to come in and complete a job offer and get a drug test. The job offer doesn't take long - about 10 minutes of reading a computer screen, and entering your SSN to agree with several statements.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were behavioral and they had too long of a script prepping them. It was overall a confusing, uncomfortable process. I've interviewed at Walmart a handful of times, and I never got any better at it. It is a poorly constructed and confusing process.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

It took forever to finally get a interview after calling millions of time..Finally got a interview, was told it went great, but never got a call back..waste of time. Never heard back and was lied too when i called to check on status of interview

Electronic Sales Associate Interview

I was asked to provide three interviews, which seemed extensive to me. I wore a tie to my interview, because I though that's what you're supposed to do. The person interviewing after me wore old jeans and a hoodie. I was quite surprised to see him in my orientation the next week.

Interview Questions
    • The questions all seemed routine. They were your basic questions on leadership qualities, moral ideals and the like.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiating. They gave me a job and I took it.

Non-Metro Assistant Manager Interview

•applied online
    •got an email a month later asking for online assessment
    • received a phone interview three weeks later by corporate HR
    • was brought in at a Holiday Inn conference room for a Walmart Day where was interviewed by a panel of three along with 50 other candidates
    • had to follow up four times in next month to even get an answer on what was going on
    • background check and drug screening about a month later
    • received official job offer(no room for negotiation) with a start date and time along with location with the name of the Store Manager to meet up at the store
    • arrived at the location on specified day: Store Manager on a day off, shift manager and in store HR had no clue as to who I was or what I was doing there, had to call the store manager whom replied "oh yea, I read an email about you showing up".
    • was given some print out to read over for a 10 hour work day

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had to accomplish a goal, what challenges were there? What resources did you utilize? What was the outcome? What would you do differently?   Answer Question
    None. Take it or leave it

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart.

Initial interview with a department manager and then an Assistant Store Manager. Most questions were customer focused, i.e. "What would you do in this situation"?, "How would you handle this type of customer complaint"?

No negotiation whatsoever.

Deli Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

Filled out app for every store in my area (which is about 15) and received a call back from one 30 mins away. Went in for a interview same day, very easy. Had interview with manger then second manger came and sat in. Nothing intimidating or difficult. You MUST do a drug test within 24 hours or your interview is void and you may not apply for a year (in my area at least). Background check took the longest, but got a call back 2-3 weeks later for orientation. My advice is to go to a place where it is understaffed or new. They will definitely be hiring and give you the most hours.

Electronic Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart.

I went in a met with 2 assistant managers for an interview, they were very friendly and nice.. interview was great they asked little questions and all were very easy.. management at that time tried their best to make me feel comfortable and make me laugh..

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you went above and beyond to help a customer and why   Answer Question
    very nice and welcoming