Walmart Interview Questions

Updated Oct 28, 2014
2,439 Interview Reviews

2.4

Sales Associate Interview

It was simple, asked a few questions and got hired. They like associates who are looking to stay within their industry and promote to managers. You get the Walmart discount after working 3 months as an employee.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart in September 2014.

Recieved a call in the a.m. then went in that same night(1st. Interview) Second day recieved another call in the a.m. to go it that same night for (2nd interview) both different manager's.

Interview Questions
    I still have a third interview which they told me was to drug test and contact references. If I can come back and answer this question after that last interview I will update you.

Electronics Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart.

As long as you come in to the interview with confidence you will be fine. Also just make sure when you are answering the questions that you do not contradict yourself. Speak clearly and precisely, eye contact is never a bad thing which will go hand in hand as part of confidence.

Shift Manager Interview

Situational based questions that are open ended questions. Always looking for what you would do as a leader in the work force. Previous interviews with Wal-Mart set a similar basis for the questions asked during the interview. Always prepare situations that show a positive outcome for the decision made. Always be prepared to end with what the outcome was for the situation.

No negotiation. Pay is based on regional area

Deli Sales Associate Interview

Very easy process. Interview went very we'll but was too young to accept position. If you are looking for a job with much room for advancement and a very low turnover rate this is the position for you. They Weill call at all hours of the day so constantly have your phone around while awaiting a call,

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

I applied online. A week later they called to schedule an interview. Met with the store manager and pharmacist to be interviewed. They asked a lot of situational questions and questions where you must explain a time when u...... After the interview, it took about 3 weeks for them to follow up on the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time when you were given a difficult task and how did you go about completing it?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. I should have, but I did not negotiate. The starting rate seemed so low. Also, there were other people waiting to be offered a job AND they were in the same room as me. I think Walmart did this so people will not be comfortable enough to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garland, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart in September 2014.

I applied online on a Saturday and got a call the next Saturday to come in for an interview that Monday morning I went into the store told an employee i was there for an interview she lead me to the employee lounge to wait there were employees in there eating lunch. The interview started with her reviewing my application. She asked me three questions total all situational no tell Me about yourself I aced the interview there was only one interview she interviewed me I had to sign a few papers including one for a drug test. It was an easy interview. I took the drug test yesterday and got a call today to go in for orientation on Friday I'm happy to start my first job

Interview Questions
    • How do you communicate your ideas with other people ? Something like that   View Answer
    • Name a time where you exceeded someone's expectations.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had a limited amount of time to do something how did you get it done ?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation I was offered $8.50 an hour which is higher than minimum wage in Texas and also higher than daytime workers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garland, TX

I applied online on a Saturday and got called the following Saturday by the manager who told me to come for an interview that Monday morning the interview was much easier and laid back than I had expected I was asked 3 questions total all situational type questions she then gave me a few papers to fill out and a drug test order to be completed within 24 hours I took the drug test yesterday morning and was called today to go into orientation on Friday.

Interview Questions
    • How do you communicate your ideas with others ?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation you take it or leave it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lorain, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lorain, OH

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walmart in September 2014.

Three days after I applied online, I was called in for an interview the next day. I was interviewed by one manager, then by three others in a second interview immediately following the first. They were all really nice and weren't really intimidating. In both interviews, I was asked four different "Name a time when..." questions.

After the interview went well, they needed to contact my references before moving forward. Four days later I received my job offer, and filled out background check form, and took my drug test at another location.

Five days later, I got the call letting me know that I passed my drug test and background check. Then I was told when orientation was.

You get paid a predetermined amount depending on your position and the hours you work.

I M S Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saugus, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saugus, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart in September 2014.

The whole process took about 2 weeks... The store that I applied to was a brand new super Walmart that hasn't been open yet... First interview was just a basic run down interview "how did you hear about us?" "Why do you want to work for Walmart?"... Just felt like they wanted to see if you can speak english and read properly. The second interview was with the store manager and lasted all of 5 mins and was a waste a time in my opinion... And yes they do require a drug test within 24hrs of the second interview or you could not apply to Walmart for a full year ... Which I found odd...

Interview Questions
    • How did you hear about us? Why do you want to work for Walmart? Why Walmart and not a competitor?   Answer Question
    Zero negotiation take it or leave it type vibe... Everyone for the most part starts off at the same pay... They sell idea that there's a lot of career opportunity within the company and that if you stayed focus you could find yourself in a supervisor position and that's how you get more money... In fact many members of the hiring staff were former part time associates that put it 10+ years...