Walmart Interview Questions

3,274 Interview Reviews

2.4

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart (Lakewood, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

Day one-was a 2 part interview. First with a supervisor, and then with a manager. Each asked 5 questions. Questions were designed to test your problem solving ability, communications skills. All situation based-Tell me about a time.....There was a bit of general talk. The 2nd interview was with the manager, the human resource person was in the room listening in, but did not participate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a deadline moved up, and what did you do to see the task was completed on time.   1 Answer

Walmart Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart (Orlando, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

There are three interviews in total. But they will only tell you as you go along the process if you are chosen to continue on to the "next round." To be completely honest, the interviews were easy. You just have to show them that you have that "bubbly" and friendly personality to be a cashier. And the questions they asked were all about situations and how you react to certain predicaments. I was nervous since this was my first official job I had to do an interview for, but once you start talking the edge will wore off and as long as you keep smiling you should get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about the time you had a number of tasks you had to complete and how did you prioritize to meet the deadlines?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about the time you realized something was wrong and what did you do to stop it before it got any worse?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about the time you had a conflict with a partner or coworker and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Walmart Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kannapolis, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Walmart (Kannapolis, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got a call less than a week later and asked to come in for an interview the next day. Basically if you have open availability you'll get a call.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer. How did you handle it? And what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Asset Protection Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Walmart in July 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed from the outside, meaning I am not a current or have I ever been a walmart employee, but I had the experience in loss prevention they were seeking, but coming from the outside you are first interviewed by a department manager who scores your interview and if you score high enough, you are then interviewed by the manager who you will be working under. The questions you will be asked if you are coming from the outside are situational questions. Best advice is looking at the S.T.A.R interview website. It really gives you an idea on how they want you to answer questions, but you also need to use real life examples because they want detail. It will be the same thing with the department manager. The asset protection manager basically wanted my experience situations in loss prevention and wanted to know about my overall personal integrity.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were faced with dealing with a difficult customer. Explain how you handled the situation and what steps you took to resolve the situation.   Answer Question
    • Name a time that you had to complete an assignment using team work. What role did you play and what steps did you take to complete the assignment effectively and on time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is really no negotiation. They will tell you what the position starts out at with no experience and then they will put your past experience whether from walmart or another company into the computer and that will determine a pay grade, so if you have experience in the position you are applying for more than likely you will start at a higher hourly wage than what the position actually starts at.

Inventory Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart in July 2015.

Interview

Took 2 1/2 hours did 2 interviews .First interview took aprox 7 mins just went over my online app and asked 4 questions gave a paper that says what documents to bring back.Second interview they asked the same questions just different person..after that you pretty much know if you got the job i knew my first interview

Interview Questions

• what was a dealine you had to meet and what were the steps you took to get it done?   Answer Question
    • when was a time you had conflict with someone how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • when was a time you went above and beyond?   Answer Question

Inventory Control Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walmart (Irving, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was very short and my interviewer asked me only one question. I answered and then he said congratulations. Lets go do a drug test. The interesting part to the hiring process it took me 1 hour to complete the behavioral assessments than the phone interview and the personal interview combined.

Interview Questions

• You are on a register and there are 3 customers in your line and a man comes to you and needs assistance in the housewares department How do you help him and still continue with your current customers   1 Answer

Sales Associate Toy Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart (Oakland, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Basically, I applied online and a month later got a phone call if I was interested in working at my local Walmart, I said yes and told me to come in for an interview the next day. The next day I get there and waited like 15 minutes. The supervisor was really nice and kept calling for the person that was going to interview me and was very attentive. The interviewer was a woman and she was very nice, nothing really formal about the interview though felt like a chat with your bestfriend over coffee even though she did ask the basic interview questions. After that two days later I got a phone call to come in again for another interview and that was going to be with an assistant manager. I got there and to my surprise there was no interview they set up the background check and sent me to get the tested for drugs. The only dissapointing thing about this experience is that they told me to come in on a wednesday for orientation and when I get there to my surprise, there is no orientation they had inventory that day so they told me to wait until they called and its been a few days and no call yet so I am still waiting for that one.

Interview Questions

• Normal questions, how would you handle a customer being angry, have you ever dealt with multiple customers at the same time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, they didn't even mention what was the pay, but I assumed the minimum and here in Oakland is at 12.25

Lift Driver (Walmart Distribution Center) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Walmart (Richmond, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online. For this position after the application is submitted, there was a job assessment ( you can also use a calculator during the assessment) and personality type of questionnaire. Took about an hour to finish. About 2 weeks later, I received a call from HR to schedule an interview. My interview was about 15 minutes. Asked questions about my resume and experience. Then asked 5 basic questions about customer service and improving processes. If you refer to your own experiences, you can answer these questions. After realizing that I was a retired veteran, he next remaining 35 minutes or so was the interviewer, who was also a retired veteran, told me his story and the opportunities after joining Walmart 15 years ago after retiring from the military. He had me excited about the company and position. He kept emphasizing the fact that if you want to advance up the ranks, the opportunities are there and you can go from hourly to salary employer. He said you have to complete 6 months before applying for another position, so during this time, learn as much about Walmart and the position that you may want to apply for. After the interview, I met with the Ops Manager and he give me a quick tour and what I would be doing. I had the feeling that I was already hired and I had to ask him, and he responding well if you background, references, and drug testing is good, you will be hired. A week after the interview, I received a call to met with HR and they wanted to present an offer for the position. I met with HR the next day. I was given my letter of offer for the position and a detailed copy of what my responsibilities are for the position. I was told that if I accept the offer, I was hired on the contingent outcome of the background check and drug testing. Which was not a problem for me. The HR rep explained the pay. There is no negotiating of pay. But for this position the pay was more than I expected and there are progressive pay raises starting at your first 90 days, then at your 6 month mark, then every 6 months up to I believe up to 30 months. Then it caps out. The HR rep told me that I could progress to a higher level of responsibility such as a Lead, Supervisor, or Manager within 30 months using my education, degree, and job experience. So keep that in mind and you control your career at Walmart. Sound good to me. I thought to myself, I have my career development plan already. Next, I had to complete the drug testing within 24 hours. And complete a form for Walmart to conduct the background check which is completed online. The HR Rep sends out an email explaining the form. Really easy, not complicated, about 5 minutes to complete. Lastly, I received a call from HR about 3-4 days later telling me that everything is good and gave me my start date which was 2 weeks from that day I spoke to her. And welcome to Walmart.

Interview Questions

• Was there a time that you had to meet a deadline but still maintain the quality and accuracy of your work. What did you do? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Deli Help (Scared They Wanted Me for Freight Crew) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Walmart (Vancouver, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

Very quick and I think I sort of didn't answer right, but I think they looked more for "Eagerness" and such. Plus knowing this is a high pressure position. Plus, this was a "New Store" and they wanted to hire 300 new employees. I'd halfway believe they were looking for people who were older as I have seen major turnover with the younger crowd and the hassle of having them show up and working. The manager (When I met him, I KNEW I was hired) discussed that working there did require sacrificing home life. He didn't know I have no home life as I am a vandweller...But the one thing I saw, was their "Upbeat" attitude of the interviewers and that can be helpful.

Interview Questions

• Pretty basic questions. When trying to have someone see your side, how did you go about it?   1 Answer

Set Up Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart (Toledo, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

Very friendly interviews conducted by different levels of management within the store. They talked with you, not at you and made you feel comfortable during the entire process. Interviews are handled in 3 stages. The 1st two were held for me on the same day. Not sure if this is the norm -but was nice to not have to come back 3 different times. Was notified vey quickly regarding the 3rd interview. Not a long drawn out process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were faced with a difficult problem, and how did you handle it.   Answer Question