Walmart Interview Questions

2.4

Remodel/SetUp Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Arthur, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Arthur, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Walmart in March 2015.

Filled the application online, called personnel a few days later, received a call back 2weeks later (Tuesday) to come in for an interview that Friday. Easy questions were asked and after the interview with two managers I was told to come back the following Monday for a job offer and also completed the drug test. If you pass the drug test and background check they will call you for orientation.

Remodel/SetUp Crew is a temporary job but depending on your work ethic you can be placed in other areas of the store for a permanent position.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had to deal will a difficult challenge or situation. What was the challenge/situation and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Cashier Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart in March 2015.

Applied online on a Monday got a call to come in for a interview that Wednesday. There were 2 interviews in total(I had both the same day) a 1on 1 with a supervisor and then a panel of 3 managers. They asked 5 situational questions in total in both interviews.

Interview Questions
    • That asked specifically situational questions and you could use any experience didn't necessarily have to be from work.   Answer Question

Consumables Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart in March 2015.

Applied online got a call the next day for an interview. Missed my first interview, would have been late for it. Went in next day did two interviews and was offered the job.

Merchandising/Replenishment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

I first got my interview at the career fair. From there, I had to fill out multiple forms with fairly difficulut questions. After those, I got the call back for an actual interview. I took an IQ type test as well as a personality test. The interview as not too bad. It began structured where it was fairly difficult and then switched to a more unstructured interview style. The unstructured style is where I felt I excelled.

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

Overall, good. Basic behavorial questions and customer experience questions. How much customer service you have is a factor in getting the job. Make sure you are prepare for a variety of customer needs and problems and be sure to research walmarts values

Security Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Walmart.

Very scripted interview. Interviewer appeared yo have already made her mind up when entering the room. She had difficulty reading the scripted interview questions. This was a new store opening in the locust grove georgia area.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult decision you have ever had to make.   Answer Question

Guest Service Team Member - Cashier Interview

I filled an application online an not even 24hrs got a call for a cashier position. I was there foe an hour maybe more but only because they where busy and i got hired on the spot

Interview Questions
    • what was ibe time you had to gather info and xomplete a task   Answer Question
    This was my first job so i just accepted everything lol

Pharmacy Cashier/Stocker Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

The interview wasn't as bad as I expected. They were almost an hour late to interview me, which I suppose I can understand. You can't really plan everything out in retail, because you never know what's going to happen. There was 3 people being interviewed for my position (how intimidating) But the department manager came out with a clip board and pen (I felt like I was at the doctors office) and called me back. So we sat down and she asked me about 5 questions. It was really fast. I don't think she cared what my responses was... The questions are VERY thorough, but please don't let this scare you. They ask these questions, but I really think they are just judging to see how you act when you answer them. I was super calm when I went in there. If you make them laugh and talk to them before you answer questions, it doesn't feel so awkward. Make them laugh, and they will love you. She told me "Okay, thank you for your interest... and wait and see if you get a call." That's pretty much a big no, right? Well, I got home and about 3 hrs later, I had a call from the Manager of the pharmacy. She asked me to come and we interviewed again 2 days later. She asked me about 5 questions. And then offered me a job that day and gave me back ground papers. I have the job, provided I pass the drug test... Which I will, unless pepto bismol will make you fail. So yeah! I was really scared, but just be yourself. The questions are tough... but if you let your personality shine through and show them you're not scared, but that you are a people person, you've got this.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to complete a task, what was the outcome, what steps did you take?
      Tell me about a time you completed a goal?
      Just stupid stuff like that. They are all behavioral questions. So look them up to get a feel of what they are going to be asking. You can use school or life or anything like that. They don't care. just be confident.

Answer Question

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Saint Lucie, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

At first they took me to the back and three people sat down at a table in front of me and asked me life based situations. And then i sat back down in the waiting area then i met two other people and asked me more questions. The assistant manger was pretty tense on me about wheather i can handle the job but the lady was super nice to me. Be natural and use what you know. Unlike me i was a bumbling dummy. Wish i did better.

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Linden, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Linden, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Walmart in February 2015.

I applied at the Kiosk and passed the assessment, that took almost 2 hours. I was called a month later to come in for an interview the next day. I arrived at 11am for an 11:15 interview, after about 30 mins a man came out took the person before me and said he'd "be back in a few minutes to take me back to the interview." A half hour later, an associate checked what was going on and said "someone would be right out to do my interview." After yet another hour(I've now been there for 2 full hours!!!) I told an associate behind the walmart.com services counter to cross my name off the list and that I was leaving because any company that would treat prospective employees that badly, I don't want to work for. Between the application, assessment, and the non-interview, it was a complete waste of almost five and a half hours out of my time to get absolutely nowhere. It makes me not want to even shop there if that's how they're going to treat there employees/interviewees.

Interview Questions
    • None/ never got passed the two hour+ waiting time after I was told the entire process would take "less than an hour".   Answer Question