Walmart

Updated Jan 26, 2015
2,590 Interview Reviews

2.4

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart.

You apply online. You have to pass an assessment that is fairly simple.. common sense mostly. The interview was about 6 questions. Basically they ask you about problem solving or task completion.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about shrink and i wasn't sure what it was.   Answer Question
    I was internal so i wasn't able to negotiate

Graveyard Stocker Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Walmart.

interview process is straight forward,but they like to take their time contacting you and dragging you along,if your expecting a cal in a few days or a week,id forget it,unless they really really need people like that day.

Interview Questions
    • If you were in a managerial position and had to handle a dispute between your co-workers and a confrontation from a shopper about your co-workers,how would you handle it.   Answer Question

Cashier Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

I applied online in late april. Called for general interview within two weeks. Easy interview process. Some benefits if you are able to gain FT hours. The amount of work and days they expect you to work are not flexible for a person with a family. Walmart positions are more for people who do not have families or young children at home. Call in/off process is very involved as well. Not realistic in my personal opinion. Overall I think it's great for a 1st time job.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when a coworker was being difficult and you had to report this to management?   Answer Question

Pay Scale

Non Con Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

Working on communication in interviews and better understanding of what they are looking for i feel that I am getting closer in each interview...ill get management position by the end of the year..look through the mind of a manger

Inventory Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

Just answer all questions and use past experiences. The questions seem overwhelming at first but just take your time and listen carefully and answer every part of the question. It took them about a week to hire me after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions just run together and seem jumbled I don't think even the managers follow them very well when asking them.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Meat Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Marque, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Marque, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Walmart in January 2015.

I applied online and followed up with two visits to the store where I spoke directly to three different managers. after my second visit to the store I got a call back one day later for an in store interview. The interview consisted of three parts. First an area manager asked me the standard interview questions like "Talk about a situation where you resolved a difficult customer service problem with a positive outcome." Second a general manager asked me the exact same questions. Third I was offered the job and salary was reveled.

I'd specifically stated $10 hr was my bottom line. Walmart offered me $7.85 hr. There was no negotiation. I was informed that salaries were awarded based on a computer program. Since I've been back in college for 5 years my salary offer reflected no job experience during that period, even though in conversation Walmart was aware of my very recent employment at HEB Market. I received many promises of possible rapid salary advancement based on performance. These still remain to seen.

I took the job as a survival position until a continued search in my career field yields an offer on par with my experience and education. Also the positive and friendly attitude of all other associates seemed on the surface to portray it as a comfortable working environment. I just started this position. I'm not encouraged to stay because of the low wage. In fact I debate if my time is not more effectively used in a continued job search. The fact of the mater is that I currently need a survival job and this one is the shortest commute. "Beggars can't be choosers," as the saying goes.

Interview Questions
    • "If you are given more responsibilities to accomplish in a given time that you are able, how would you deal with that situation and create success?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation phase for wages. I was offered the job at $7.85 hr and allowed some time to think about it before accepting.

Asset Protection Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Walmart in January 2015.

Applied online, interviewer called, went in, store manager/current manager interviewed me. It was a huge waste of time because the job didn't really exist. They pretty much said that they were trying to fill a corporate quota of looking into outside professionals.

IMS Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

The interview process was surprisingly easy and calm, the managers and supervisors who interviewed me asked me about three to four questions in each of my follow up interviews when I moved over to become an IMS associate, several of which were the same questions from the previous. In all honesty, they were really nice and didn't belittle any of the answers I gave them. One thing I should point out is managers tend to listen for specific answers they want to hear, such as "open availability." The company is always, ALWAYS looking for people who can fill in empty positions at their store because associates are constantly leaving or quitting which puts the managers in a tight spot. So if you don't mind starting at the bottom, just keep stressing that you'll work any day or schedule and you're a shoe-in.

Interview Questions
    • One question to look out for is the one where they ask you to explain a time where you've been in a difficult situation and how you went about resolving the issue. If you have prior experience, this question is easy. However, for entry-level guys like me who didn't have prior working experience, this can be a difficult question to answer. At best, just say that you've never been in such a situation or use an example from school or from your life even if it's not work related. Sometimes it's best just to be honest. Managers detest candidates who take their time trying to come up with an answer or worst yet, MAKE UP one.   View Answer

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

I applied online, and took a skills test.
    I was referred by an employee to get an interview. Which helped because I did not have previous experience as a cashier.
    I got an interview, after the interview was over I was offered the job.

Overnight Stocker Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

interviewing for this company is a joke had two interviews and was later turned down for the excuse that I did not have stocker experience. How hard it is to open a box and put on a shelf.

Interview Questions
    • no difficult questions nor none were unexpected   View Answer