Walmart

2,295 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Electronics Interview

Electronics

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in May 2014.

Interview Details – First they called me and said i could come in for a interview i went in and they just ask you do a drug test and they ask you questions on how you would handle situations. also once you get hired you will do training on a computer.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult.   Answer Question

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

Wal Mart Cashier

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart in July 2014.

Interview Details – I filled my application online and called several times. Was called for a interview, had references checked. A offer of employment was made completed background and drug test paperwork. I took my drug test and it had been a week and still have not heard back.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Walmart Overnight Cashier Tyson's Corner Va Interview

Walmart Overnight Cashier Tyson's Corner Va
Tysons Corner, VA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in July 2014.

Interview Details – Applied July 18 got a call for an interview July 19th 2014 cane in July 22 for an interview did drug test which you have to do in 24 hours. 2 interviews job offer drug test and it's a 2 -4 week wait on background check I just didn't like waiting so long to be interviewed I got there at 1130am wasn't interviewed until 12:30 had job offer at 100 pm didn't get home till 2 pm

Interview Question – Explain the gap in your employment   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not negotiable starting pay is 9.20 plus a dollar extra for working at night

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Walmart Sales Associate Interview

Walmart Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Walmart in June 2013.

Interview Details – Both of the interviews were easy. I interviewed with the department zone manager and then an assistant manager. Both were very nice. They just read questions off a list. I don't think they actually cared what the answers were. If you have a pulse, and can pass a drug test, you are probably hired.

Interview Question – Tell me about how you solved a problem in your last job.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation.

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied in-person - interviewed at Walmart in August 2010.

Interview Details – the hiring went very well. Got the job, employee and customers were great to work with . always learning new things .its seems ruff to get 2 interviews for the same job position.

Interview Question – can a push a buggy full of groceries   View Answer

Electronics Sales Associate Interview

Electronics Sales Associate
Norwalk, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Walmart in July 2014.

Interview Details – I was initially called in for an interview the day before it was to be scheduled. Asking the associate who called me where I should report to had me going to the Site to Store area and waiting. Once arriving the following day for my interview at the Walmart location, I waited in the Site to Store area with one other candidate. About 15 minutes after arriving, the other candidate was pulled in before me and about ten to fifteen minutes after that I was pulled in. The first interview was with a person of management. They asked me to verify my information, double checked with me about my availability, and once that information was accounted for by the personnel associate, I was then asked to describe myself.

Once I detailed my work experience to her, I was asked to be patient and wait for an Assistant Manager in the Associate's Breakroom. It was a good twenty or so minutes before someone came for me to give me my second interview. The Assistant Manager that interviewed me pulled me into an office away from the Personnel office and gave me my second interview. She introduced herself, I introduced myself and we continued the interview process. It was pretty basic as far as retail interviews go. A couple of situational questions that dealt with hypothetical and/or personal examples were given and then we went over what I did for my previous employers and how that would relate to the job I was being interviewed for. Towards the end of my interview, I offered her a copy of my resume and cover letter and was told that it wasn't needed at that stage and she asked me to wait in the Associate's Breakroom once more. About another ten to fifteen minutes went by before a different person of Personnel came and got me and I was sat down and offered the job I was interviewed for. Accepting the job offer, I consented to a background check, drug test and formally signed off on my information for the background check. I was given a form for my drug testing with a printout of directions to get to the medical facility to take the drug test and was informed I had twenty four hours from the time written on the form to take it. One minute after and my application was null and void and I'd lose out on the job.

Going for my drug test was simple. Did the typical drug test and waited for about six to seven days before I was called and scheduled for orientation the next day.

Was overall a positive experience and so far, all of the associates that I've worked with have been very accepting and helpful.

Interview Question – There wasn't really any difficult questions asked in my opinion. I guess one of the hardest ones that could've been asked was, "Describe a situation that you were given a difficult project. What did you do, how did you handle it and what was the outcome?" This would mostly be difficult to answer in the case of not preparing the night before for the interview. But luckily, I prepared for many scenarios.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was offered a fair wage for starting fresh at the company. There wasn't much negotiating. The only question I asked since it was part-time, is if it was a temporary part-time or permanent part-time before I accepted it.

Service Manager Interview

Service Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in October 2010.

Interview Details – A three tiered interview process consisting of very basic questions that should be answered in a way that will display your familiarity with and acceptance of walmart core values.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult associate. What happened, how did you handle it and why.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they offer the position with a set pay, there is no negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – i applied several times before finally getting an interview. There were general behavioral questions, easy interview. What would you do if.... name a time when... etc etc etc. there were actually supposed to be two interviews. one with the dept supervisor and one with a manager to follow if you pass the first interview. the interviews consist of the exact same question. Just a different hiring opinion. both of my interviews were held the same day and i was offered a job on spot

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Cashier Associate Interview

Cashier Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Piece of cake got the job on my first interview.. Everyone was nice and I felt right at home just by interacting with the employees at orientation. The pay is not as good but its a job where u can step up and be trained as a manager or CS Associate, what I like the most is the customers, it really feels good to come to work and to hear them call you by your first name. I luv it..

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

Wal Mart Cashier
Manville, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in July 2013.

Interview Details – applied online. the process took 1 week. Both interviews are 1 on 1, Let wal mart call you. if you don't hear from them after a week , call and check on your app.

Interview Question – basic questions.

why work for Wal-Mart?
availability?
what would you do if you had a horrible customer.
how do you determine how to finish certain task?
describe a time you had a conflict with another co worker or boss. how was it resolved.
  Answer Question