Walmart

2,008 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier Interview

Lehigh Acres, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in February 2011.

Interview Details – They asked questions that were hard to answer, because you were never in certain positions, so there was really no way to answer fully. The people doing the interview should have never been giving the interview because they were not qualified to hire anyone.

Interview Question – Describe a bad situation you were in and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Backroom Associate Interview

Raytown, MO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in February 2011.

Interview Details – what is experience you can relate to to make you a valuable associate

Interview Question – describe a experience where you had several tasks at had how did you manage them what tools did you use   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Backroom Associate Interview

Valley Stream, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in December 2011.

Interview Details – I really didn't get an interview. I was asked if I had children and then the manager told me what I was going to start doing.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – questions are very long, all the care about is that you answer them using the STAR method, listen very carefully first time question is asked then ask them to repeat questions so you have more time to think of an appropriate answer (you will not be docked for this and you will come across a lot smarter with thorough answers)

Interview Question – give an example of a time you had to deal with a controversial situation, what was the situation, who did you involve, how did you go about it, what was the outcome, what information did you use to make a decision what if anything would you do different in the future   Answer Question

CSM Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Walmart in March 2014.

Interview Details – Walmart uses the STAR interview process nothing really hard just be ready to answer each question.

Interview Question – All questions were the same.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation phase, either you accept the offer or decline.

Associate Interview

Newport, TN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – I was asked a bunch of questions that were completely stupid and had nothing to do with me or the job.
Describe a time when this or that happened. You have no idea which ones they will pick. Most of the questions a normal person would have never had happen anyway. And if they did it is not something you can think of in 2 seconds.

Interview Question – I don't recall. All were unexpected. I was asked nothing about when I could work or anything that pertained to the job.   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Winona, MN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Easy peasy. They almost hire anyone. You go in and are asked pre-written questions. If goes well, you come back in for a drug test and sign papers. And you start within a couple contingent on your drug test.

Interview Question – Name a time you had to step up and be a leader?   Answer Question

Area Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Applied online, initial process took about 6 weeks. They ask a lot of behavioral questions and refrain from asking anything off of the script they are given. Does not allow the interviewer to really get to know who you are, what your accomplishments are, and what your goals are. Despite being awarded a position, the whole process seems very biased.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to deal with an integrity related situation.   View Answer

Store Associate Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in February 2014.

Interview Details – First of all, DO NOT listen to people who say "they'll hire anyone", or anything similar:

Walmart has one of the most elaborate interview processes among retailers, and the main reason is people who believe this and the fact that they don't want people who will get the job and leave the position in a week or 2 due to lack of caring about the work.

The interview process it's self goes like this: You're given about 5 behavioral interview questions to start, and if you're not prepared, you will be caught off guard as all of them take a bit of prep to answer correctly. If you pass that, you get sent to interview with a second manager, possibly 2 on 2 the same day in most cases. If you don't get to the 2nd interview, you probably didn't get it(depends on the location and rather they prefer to do their interviews the same day or not.

I strongly suggest when prepping for an interview at Walmart is to prepare for the questions as much as possible as behavioral interviews are the hardest to go into blindly and come out as an employee afterwards.

I of course went in expecting the standard set of interview questions, and got hit with those instead. The interviewer was nice about it, but it was clear that I didn't get the job.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you solved a problem, what steps did you take to fix the problem, what was the problem, what information did you gather to help solve the problem, who did you involve, and why. How was the problem impacting your ability to complete your work and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Supervisor Interview

Harrisburg, PA

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Walmart in December 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process was a joke and is still a joke. There are a standard five questions that are asked and you have to go through 2 processes. The first interview is through a supervisor and the second a manager. The same questions are asked during both interviews and the rating system is ridiculous. No matter what they do not look at your experience in great detail. The starting pay rate is horrible.

Interview Question – They do not care about your questions.   Answer Question