Walmart

2,018 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Augusta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in September 2013.

Interview Details – Group panel interview with two or more interviewers. Ten scenario questions that ask you about specific situations that you have been in. You have to explain how you resolved each situation and the steps you took to ensure that the situation was resolved and what was the outcome of the situation.

Interview Question – Describe a challenging situation that made it harder for you to get your work done? What made the situation challenging? What steps did you take to ensure the task was completed?   Answer Question

Meat Sales Associate Interview

Shelton, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in October 2013.

Interview Details – Like most companies, Walmart does not interview everyone who applies for a job. An interview has two parts, the first interview being with your immediate supervisor, then a second interview with a salaried member of management or the Zone Supervisor for your area. When you get an interview, the person interviewing you will have a list of questions, and choose if the responses are "Competitive" or "Not Competitive" if the majority of your responses are "Competitive", you will be given a second interview (usually the same day as the first), which isn't a guarantee that you got the job, but is a very good sign.
Once you're hired, you have to sign some paperwork giving Walmart consent to do a background check and drug screening. Your rate of pay will be displayed on a computer as well as your position. There are several things you are told to take your time and read, and you personally have to type in your initials and click "I agree". If your drug test comes back negative, and your background test comes back as clean, you will get a call about your first day of orientation. Orientation takes about 5 days and you are there for roughly 8 hours a day, but you are paid to attend orientation. There are a ton of GLMS (Global Learning Management System) modules you have to take and pass with an 80% (90% for the Safety GLMS and 100% for the Tobacco and Alcohol GLMS). During orientation, you are given an Associate Number and you create a PIN number, these are your credentials to sign in to a cash register, every associate, regardless of position is given register credentials and trained to use the cash register. You are also given a username and you create your own password for the SMART system on the handheld Texlon computers, and for the WIRE on the computer, its important to remember these, because chances are, you'll use them a lot.
If hired, show up to orientation EARLY, follow the dress code and by all means, ASK QUESTIONS.

Interview Question – In a situation where there's a problem and no apparent solution, what would you do/have you done to solve it?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Cashier Interview

De Soto, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in August 2012.

Interview Details – Very simple interview, asked basic questions. I talked to a hiring manager and the store manager in one go. al together the interview was 30 minutes long.

Interview Question – Explain a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer.   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Maintenance Interview

Duncan, OK

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Walmart in March 2012.

Interview Details – Called out of the blue after I had filled out an application to be a Sales Associate. Was told that I would be hired at that position, only to find out that the managers had met in secret and knocked me down to maintenance. Was told to take it or leave it, so I took it.

Interview Question – "It is maddening when the courts let guilty criminals go free."   View Answer

Area Manager Interview

Shelby, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in February 2013.

Interview Details – The hire process is fairly simple. Once you apply for the job and are considered a good candidate, you will receive an email from one of the Ops managers from the distribution center. The email will set up a phone interview with a panel of 5 or more senior management team members. If you pass the 1st phone interview you will be asked to come into the facility for a walk though and a face-2-face interview with another panel of management. At this point you are probably one of 3 candidates and will be notified within a week if you are the right candidate for the job.

Interview Question – If you have prior management experience, the questions should be a breeze. There are really no surprised questions. They are straight forward behavioral based questions. You will be ask 9 questions from the 1st phone interview and another 9 during the face-2-face. Some of the questions may be repeated. You will need to explained specific situations from you're management experience. Take your time and answer the questions with confidence. Do not rush. And be sure to show how safety has been a huge part of your culture.   Answer Question

Department Manager/Accounting Associate Interview

Greenwood, SC

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in November 2010.

Interview Details – My interview process was horrible! Two of my interviewees did not show up. Since then I have received very positive reviews.

Interview Question – They asked me why I had know sense of urgency. I was told by many other members of management to slow down. That was the only negative remark I got just before my six month review. I felt like they wanted a reason not to approve a raise.   View Answer

Photo Lab Interview

Mechanicsburg, PA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Process was easy enough. Applied on line. Interviewed in person with a total of 3 managers

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in June 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process is simple. After you complete the first interview, if you pass they schedule for a second interview the same day or the next. once you pass the second interview, you have to pass the drug test and background check. Once you pass the tests they offer you a position. Then you go through new hire orientation which last a few days.

Interview Question – If this situation occured, what would you do?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

West Jordan, UT

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart in August 2010.

Interview Details – Fill out application of sixty questions submit application and wait for call. You can call if you do not get a call. You get called to set up an interview appointment. You go through a three interview process. First you are intervened by an hourly manager the next interview with an assistant manager and then with a store level manager

Interview Question – Where do you see your self in ten years?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Lehigh Acres, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in February 2011.

Interview Details – They asked questions that were hard to answer, because you were never in certain positions, so there was really no way to answer fully. The people doing the interview should have never been giving the interview because they were not qualified to hire anyone.

Interview Question – Describe a bad situation you were in and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Walmart