Walmart Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015
3,456 Interview Reviews

2.3

Walmart Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart in August 2015.

Interview

Walmart is a good company to work for. They have great benefits and I really the team atmosphere that is displayed. It is also a good place to work for seasonal employment

Inventory Management Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart in August 2015.

Interview

They asked me scenario questions and my availability. Then I signed some papers and got my form for my drug testing for pre employment. Within a couple days they will call you for orientation.

Cashier Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online open to a variety of positions. 2 weeks later was asked to interview for Deli. It does not appear the app info is reviewed prior or during the interview. Hours/shift/rate/job duties were not discussed. 3 days later, was called for another interview as a cashier at same store. 2nd interviewer had no knowledge I had interviewed 3 days earlier for another dept. Again, very vague with hours etc. Upon asking for clarification, I was told it would be a temporary postion, max 180 days with less than 32 hours a week, days/hours/shifts can change at any time. Shifts can be only a few hours or up to 8 hours. Interviewer seemed kind of surprised I was going to try to retain a part time job I was hired for a couple weeks prior (2 shifts a week) AND work at Walmart at the same time. I was told Walmart has high standards for their cashiers and times them from when they clock in to when they get to the register and that the cashier needs to interact with the customer. No info as to how many positions are open/when decision will be made etc. Take from that what you will.

Interview Questions

• Both interviewers the exact same questions. Name a project you worked on. Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer. I think 5 questions total.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Riverside, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I need the job for the money because I have none in a savings account and never made an account before so I really would like a job please I can't stand being board any longer

Interview Questions

Negotiation

just like learning how to ride a bike

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taylor, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Taylor, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

3 part interview ...5 questions with two interviews the first part and 3 questions the 2nd part. the firstwo 2 parts were back to back for me and I was told I will be contacted within a few days to do the 3rd part.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you went above and beyond to help a customer.   Answer Question

Overnight Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Walmart in August 2015.

Interview

At my particular store they were in the process of hiring and they really needed people to work, so they really didn't spend very much time on the hiring and interview process. From the time I applied (I applied online, then went into the store to ask if they had received my application. They asked me right then if I wanted to interview), I was hired and had started working within a week. At the interview, they simply asked me one question. I answered it and they sent me to go get my drug screening (if you don't do that within 24 hours of them sending you, you will not be hired and you won't be eligible to work at Wal-Mart for a full year after that). I did my drug/alcohol screening the same day, called them a few days later to check the status of my hire and they told me I was hired and to come in to do some online assessments (Those are not hard at all (seriously...not hard...at all.), but there are several of them, and they are long and BORIIIIIING!!) Because of my schedule at the time, I couldn't finish mine all in one day, so I did them all over a 3-day period. Once I was done, I started working my overnight hours right away!

Interview Questions

• I think my question was, "Give an example of a time you solved someone else's problem and, as a result, it made your work easier."   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux City, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Sioux City, IA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was pretty relaxed. I was interviewed by one person then a second person. Each interviewer asked me 5 questions then we went to personnel and they gave me the job offer.

Interview Questions

• What is a challenge that you overcame and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sherman, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walmart (Sherman, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

First there is a telephone interview, then they will call you in for a primary interview, then second interview with a manager. If approved, you'll be asked to do a drug screen within 24 hours and a background check. The whole process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe an occasion where you disagreed with a manager. How did you handle it.   1 Answer

Overnight Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart in August 2015.

Interview

In my case, I got called for an interview during the 3rd shift by an assistant manager. The interview was very laid back. They ask you behavioral questions because of company policy, but they are easy. The assistant manager I spoke to told me about the job, hours, and pay and asked me if I could handle the work.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer. How did you handle it and what was the result?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. They have a set base pay plus added shift difference pay.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was called the following day for an interview. Came in the next day and met with a department head as a sort of preliminary interview with the basic questions. Afterwards I was interviewed by the pharmacy manager, who seemed like they already knew they were going to hire me. They asked basically the same questions as the other interviewer, and overall it seemed pretty informal. I was pretty much unofficially offered the job on the spot, but they needed to do a background check and call my references before a formal offer could be made.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you dealt with a difficult customer, and how did you handle the situation? What questions did you ask?   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you had multiple tasks to complete. How did you prioritize?   Answer Question