Walmart Interview Questions & Reviews

2.4

Merchandise Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cumming, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cumming, GA

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in March 2014.

Interviews were held at a Hiring Center because they were opening a new store and needed 300 employees.They hired anyone who passed the drug test and background check. 95% of the people hired had never worked for Walmart. All the Salaried Managers were perky and pleasant during the interviews. The HR manager was perfect for the job.

No negotiations

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Columbus, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Walmart in August 2014.

The questions was hard mainly behaviorial questions. Did the app on line got called back 2weeks later & got hired on the spot. Went thru two interview process and was sent out on and drug screening and got call back the same day.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had to lead a group of employees on and project what procedures did you use and what was the conclusion.   View Answers (2)

Guest Service Team Member - Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Plainfield, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Plainfield, NJ

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart in April 2012.

I think it is too easy to get in at this Walmart. They seem desperate for help. Sadly, the employees looked miserable. I didn't see anyone smiling or happy and that's a huge red flag to me. The store is also very messy in my opinion. I don't know what prompted me to apply there to begin with because I don't usually shop there because of the poor attitude of many employees I have encountered there.

Interview Questions

The employees looked very short staffed and miserable.

Electronics Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in May 2014.

First they called me and said i could come in for a interview i went in and they just ask you do a drug test and they ask you questions on how you would handle situations. also once you get hired you will do training on a computer.

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart in July 2014.

I filled my application online and called several times. Was called for a interview, had references checked. A offer of employment was made completed background and drug test paperwork. I took my drug test and it had been a week and still have not heard back.

Walmart Overnight Cashier Tyson's Corner Va Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tysons Corner, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in July 2014.

Applied July 18 got a call for an interview July 19th 2014 cane in July 22 for an interview did drug test which you have to do in 24 hours. 2 interviews job offer drug test and it's a 2 -4 week wait on background check I just didn't like waiting so long to be interviewed I got there at 1130am wasn't interviewed until 12:30 had job offer at 100 pm didn't get home till 2 pm

Not negotiable starting pay is 9.20 plus a dollar extra for working at night

Walmart Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Walmart in June 2013.

Both of the interviews were easy. I interviewed with the department zone manager and then an assistant manager. Both were very nice. They just read questions off a list. I don't think they actually cared what the answers were. If you have a pulse, and can pass a drug test, you are probably hired.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about how you solved a problem in your last job.   View Answer
    no negotiation.

Cashier Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Walmart in August 2010.

the hiring went very well. Got the job, employee and customers were great to work with . always learning new things .its seems ruff to get 2 interviews for the same job position.

Electronics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Norwalk, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Walmart in July 2014.

I was initially called in for an interview the day before it was to be scheduled. Asking the associate who called me where I should report to had me going to the Site to Store area and waiting. Once arriving the following day for my interview at the Walmart location, I waited in the Site to Store area with one other candidate. About 15 minutes after arriving, the other candidate was pulled in before me and about ten to fifteen minutes after that I was pulled in. The first interview was with a person of management. They asked me to verify my information, double checked with me about my availability, and once that information was accounted for by the personnel associate, I was then asked to describe myself.

Once I detailed my work experience to her, I was asked to be patient and wait for an Assistant Manager in the Associate's Breakroom. It was a good twenty or so minutes before someone came for me to give me my second interview. The Assistant Manager that interviewed me pulled me into an office away from the Personnel office and gave me my second interview. She introduced herself, I introduced myself and we continued the interview process. It was pretty basic as far as retail interviews go. A couple of situational questions that dealt with hypothetical and/or personal examples were given and then we went over what I did for my previous employers and how that would relate to the job I was being interviewed for. Towards the end of my interview, I offered her a copy of my resume and cover letter and was told that it wasn't needed at that stage and she asked me to wait in the Associate's Breakroom once more. About another ten to fifteen minutes went by before a different person of Personnel came and got me and I was sat down and offered the job I was interviewed for. Accepting the job offer, I consented to a background check, drug test and formally signed off on my information for the background check. I was given a form for my drug testing with a printout of directions to get to the medical facility to take the drug test and was informed I had twenty four hours from the time written on the form to take it. One minute after and my application was null and void and I'd lose out on the job.

Going for my drug test was simple. Did the typical drug test and waited for about six to seven days before I was called and scheduled for orientation the next day.

Was overall a positive experience and so far, all of the associates that I've worked with have been very accepting and helpful.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't really any difficult questions asked in my opinion. I guess one of the hardest ones that could've been asked was, "Describe a situation that you were given a difficult project. What did you do, how did you handle it and what was the outcome?" This would mostly be difficult to answer in the case of not preparing the night before for the interview. But luckily, I prepared for many scenarios.   View Answer
    I was offered a fair wage for starting fresh at the company. There wasn't much negotiating. The only question I asked since it was part-time, is if it was a temporary part-time or permanent part-time before I accepted it.

Service Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in October 2010.

A three tiered interview process consisting of very basic questions that should be answered in a way that will display your familiarity with and acceptance of walmart core values.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult associate. What happened, how did you handle it and why.   Answer Question
    they offer the position with a set pay, there is no negotiation