Walmart Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015
2,806 Interview Reviews

2.4

Electronics Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

First off my interview was at 1 I waited an hour before someone came and got me to be interviewed. The actual interview itself only lasted about 5 min. Fortunately for me though I was bilingual and they were in desperate need of bilingual so they took addition time trying to find an opening

Consumables Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Two managers will talk with you, sometimes on the same day. Behavioral type interview. Low pressure, and they don't always send you their best guy. Dressing causal (no tie) is expected.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation. Quite sad, in my opinion.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Based on work experience some general questions. HR talks soon follow. Candidates are already filtered based on work experience. Some onsite interview may follow but also in hotel by invitation. Ababa bava ababa a meaning less length requirement.

Interview Questions

• Nothing specific as experience matters a lot to them   1 Answer

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart in March 2015.

Interview

group interview, where a certain number were selected from the resumes sent in. they looked over resumes and them ask what position everyone was applying for, I said any. Then the interviews decided who they wanted to hire. the ones not picked (one other girl and myself) were called out in the hall and told that we were not selected and we left, and that was it. pretty sad since I have experience.

Interview Questions

• only question was - what position are you applying fore.   1 Answer

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

To Long, interview with 4 to five people before I was hired. then you have to wait outside for long periods of time while they was lunch. Then they would call you back in to finish the interview process

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work for Wal-Mart, have work in retail prior, How will can I handle situation with a customer.   Answer Question

Guest Service Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

First must complete online questionnaire before interview is scheduled. Face-to-Face interview is conducted with multiple interviewers. Each interview is conducted with a set of prearranged situational questions ; if answers are acceptable you are ask to wait for the next interviewer. A drug screen and background check is required before being hired.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions are used....Describe a time when you demonstrated problem-solving skills. What was the problem and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Walmart (Tampa, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Very easy basic questions that usually have nothing to do with the interview. I kept meeting with the store manager so he could see how interested I was in getting the job positions they just need people to put groceries in the freezer section you shouldn't have any problems the only downside is probably how long you have to wait to get the interview

Interview Questions

• I will give examples and you tell me what you would do in that situation would you steal from the store ?   1 Answer

Receiving Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Walmart (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied late on a Thursday night, got a call that Friday, interviewed the following Tuesday. I arrived right on time and was told to wait for the interviewer. Wasn't long before I was taken back to their office. Questions were extremely basic behavioral and experience based. Most of them were just the same couple questions worded slightly differently. I answered 9 questions total between two separate interviewers. I received an offer on the spot, pending the usual background check and drug test results. Everyone I dealt with was friendly and the atmosphere was relaxed - exactly what you'd expect for this sort of position. I was in and out in an hour flat.

Interview Questions

• What was a problem you faced and what steps did you take to overcome it? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • What was a time you dealt with an angry customer and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • What was a problem you faced and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Furniture Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fishkill, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart (Fishkill, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I actually applied online months ago but when they first called me I was still employed with my seasonal job then they called me again a couple of months later and asked if I was still interested in being interviewed and I said yes so I setup a date and time for that and on the day of the interview my interview was suppose to be at 9am so I got to the costumer service desk at like 8:55am and told them I was here for a interview and they told me where to go so I sat down on the bench that's next to the walmart.com service desk and I didn't get interviewed until after 10am and I was interviewed by one of the assistant managers and she only asked me two questions then she had to go and plug in my answers into the computer system and then she had me follow her to another room and she told me that I just got hired. So the actual interview was like 10-15 minutes. Oh yeah when they ask you questions they really like it when you use examples from either school or former jobs.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to communicate important information to other people   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart (Columbia, SC) in March 2015.

Interview

Long and tedious! I am still waiting for someone to call and tell me when to come in for orientation! When I arrived for the interview there were multiple applicants and all had been waiting for hours!!! I had to wait for over an hour! Now I took the drug test and guess what? Waiting for days!!!!!!

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to work in produce?   1 Answer