Walmart Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015
3,493 Interview Reviews

2.3

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart in August 2015.

Interview

very easy interview, but i flunked it i got nervous because they called me and the same day wanted me to do a interview. basic questions just dont answer them basically.

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Antioch, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Antioch, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

It only took about 3 days, and 2 of those days was just waiting on the results for my drug test, they called me for an interview the morning after I applied online. The interview process was hilarious to me, only because my answers were awful and I asked the lady interviewing me to repeat the questions several times each. She just passed me on anyway (they were converting the store into a super Walmart with the grocery store and stuff in it) so they were just hiring everyone it seems like. Their systems are currently down so I haven't really been able to do the CBL (computer training) and they pretty much threw me and the other people recently hired to the wolves. Working the register is slightly difficult when you first start out. I've been working the register untrained and inexperienced for all of a day or two, but the other employees are pretty chill when I mess up (which happens a lot since I don't know what I'm doing). I have to admit, I expected it to be way worse. If you're interviewing here just smile a lot, my supervisor keeps telling me "Smile, we're at Disneyland," every time she catches me with a straight face. It's pretty funny.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to do multiple things in a limited amount of time. Tell me about a time you had to work in a team to accomplish something. Describe a time you were left in charge of someone else.   1 Answer

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Alexandria, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

I was stressing about the questions they would ask but after I met the person interviewing me it was so easy and a quick process we were having a conversation! Easy!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenge or conflict you've faced at work, and how you dealt with it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Well I got the job! Easy process! Don't stress it!

Pharmacy Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monroe, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Monroe, LA) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone interview more relaxed than a formal interview. Questions were based on what to do in certain situations. For instance, the question was asked about how I would talk to an employee that is continuously late to work. The main thing to remember is to be yourself and think of all the ways you qualify for the position.

Unloader Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Easley, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Easley, SC) in August 2015.

Interview

Went to the back of the store and sat on the bench next to restrooms, waiting to be called from the back by HR. When she called me back, she went over some paperwork just saying which position I applied for, how much the pay will be, etc. She then called back two managers to ask me behavioral questions all in one go which I liked because I didn't have to do 3 separate interviews, and in the end they offered me a different better job that pays more.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were given many tasks at once. What steps did you take to complete them, what was the outcome?     Answer Question

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Appleton, WI) in August 2015.

Interview

It took only a few days from when I applied to get called in for interview. When I went I did all three interviews in the same day. They called my references Friday and by Monday morning I was being called to ask to come in accept the job offer and sign papers for background check. Went and did my drug test and now I'm just waiting for the call for orientation!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to handle a difficult customer and how did you approach it   Answer Question
    • Please describe a time when you had to meet a deadline. How did you meet the deadline?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Riverside, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I need the job for the money because I have none in a savings account and never made an account before so I really would like a job please I can't stand being board any longer

Interview Questions

Negotiation

just like learning how to ride a bike

Overnight Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Walmart in August 2015.

Interview

At my particular store they were in the process of hiring and they really needed people to work, so they really didn't spend very much time on the hiring and interview process. From the time I applied (I applied online, then went into the store to ask if they had received my application. They asked me right then if I wanted to interview), I was hired and had started working within a week. At the interview, they simply asked me one question. I answered it and they sent me to go get my drug screening (if you don't do that within 24 hours of them sending you, you will not be hired and you won't be eligible to work at Wal-Mart for a full year after that). I did my drug/alcohol screening the same day, called them a few days later to check the status of my hire and they told me I was hired and to come in to do some online assessments (Those are not hard at all (seriously...not hard...at all.), but there are several of them, and they are long and BORIIIIIING!!) Because of my schedule at the time, I couldn't finish mine all in one day, so I did them all over a 3-day period. Once I was done, I started working my overnight hours right away!

Interview Questions

• I think my question was, "Give an example of a time you solved someone else's problem and, as a result, it made your work easier."   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sioux City, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Sioux City, IA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was pretty relaxed. I was interviewed by one person then a second person. Each interviewer asked me 5 questions then we went to personnel and they gave me the job offer.

Interview Questions

• What is a challenge that you overcame and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Electronics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Fort Worth, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Filled out the app , assistant manager called the next day. Interview the day after. Assistant manager only asked about seven questions &' then came back with paperwork. Personnel ran my background before I even left the interview. And gave me 24 hours to complete a drug screening. &' I was hired .