Walmart

Getting the Interview

2,021 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Service Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – There were three interviews. one with a department manager, one with the HR manager, and one with the store manager. The interviews were casual and easy

Photo Lab Interview

Mechanicsburg, PA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Process was easy enough. Applied on line. Interviewed in person with a total of 3 managers

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in June 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process is simple. After you complete the first interview, if you pass they schedule for a second interview the same day or the next. once you pass the second interview, you have to pass the drug test and background check. Once you pass the tests they offer you a position. Then you go through new hire orientation which last a few days.

Interview Question – If this situation occured, what would you do?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Associate Interview

West Jordan, UT

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart in August 2010.

Interview Details – Fill out application of sixty questions submit application and wait for call. You can call if you do not get a call. You get called to set up an interview appointment. You go through a three interview process. First you are intervened by an hourly manager the next interview with an assistant manager and then with a store level manager

Interview Question – Where do you see your self in ten years?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Lehigh Acres, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in February 2011.

Interview Details – They asked questions that were hard to answer, because you were never in certain positions, so there was really no way to answer fully. The people doing the interview should have never been giving the interview because they were not qualified to hire anyone.

Interview Question – Describe a bad situation you were in and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Backroom Associate Interview

Raytown, MO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in February 2011.

Interview Details – what is experience you can relate to to make you a valuable associate

Interview Question – describe a experience where you had several tasks at had how did you manage them what tools did you use   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Backroom Associate Interview

Valley Stream, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in December 2011.

Interview Details – I really didn't get an interview. I was asked if I had children and then the manager told me what I was going to start doing.

Area Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Applied online, initial process took about 6 weeks. They ask a lot of behavioral questions and refrain from asking anything off of the script they are given. Does not allow the interviewer to really get to know who you are, what your accomplishments are, and what your goals are. Despite being awarded a position, the whole process seems very biased.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to deal with an integrity related situation.   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Winona, MN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Easy peasy. They almost hire anyone. You go in and are asked pre-written questions. If goes well, you come back in for a drug test and sign papers. And you start within a couple contingent on your drug test.

Interview Question – Name a time you had to step up and be a leader?   Answer Question

CSM Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Walmart in March 2014.

Interview Details – Walmart uses the STAR interview process nothing really hard just be ready to answer each question.

Interview Question – All questions were the same.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation phase, either you accept the offer or decline.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Walmart