Walmart Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2014
2,412 Interview Reviews

2.4

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Walmart.

The pharmacy manager was open enough i was able to walk up to the consultation booth and speak directly with her and provide my resume, i applied online, she found me and i was called and asked to set up an orientation, watch videos and do a ton of CBLs (computer guided training) which are a complete waste of time.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a point in time when you provided customer service that you didn't agree with   Answer Question
    "no negotiation, your pay is what it is"

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart.

They do two interviews in one day in person. First with lower managers and then with an assistant store manager and one of the same managers from the first interview. The questions are the same for both interviews. Really nothing to worry about. They ask about how you handle yourself in certain situations so make sure you have brainstormed a bit before. They ask situation based questions mostly. Such as name a time you worked towards a project with a deadline and met that deadline; name a time you failed and still persevered; and so on.

Management Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart.

Phone interview followed by a panel interview with management. If one of the top three candidates will have a store walk through. The walk through consist of hourly associates, HR Manager, District Manager that will observe as you complete tours in assigned areas.

Stocker Interview

The hiring and interview process was very simple. I applied at their store and received a call a couple days later. I then met with the hiring manager and had a short interview. It was your basic questions like "why do you want to work here?". After that I accepted the offer they made me and that was that.

Interview Questions
    • Give a situation in your life where someone wasn't contributing to the group. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

I applied on line, was called with in a week to have a phone interview with one of the co-managers. Phone interview lasted about a half an hour. I was called two weeks later for another interview this one was in person at the store. The interview was with the Store Manager and the Asset Protection Manager. There was a series of questions that they read from. The more detailed you were the better that you answered the question. I then had a phone conversation with the Market Human Resource Manager. I had to do a background check and pre employment drug screen. All of this probably took
    about a month. Also when you fill out the application on line there is an assessment test that you have to take and if you don't pass that you will not be interviewed.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are pre printed and they can choose one from a list of two. It is broken down by competencies that you need to show that you can do to be able to do the job.   Answer Question
    I did not try to negotiate.

Frozen-Dairy Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Clairsville, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Clairsville, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart.

If you would like to apply to this company, simply go online to Walmart.com, click the careers link, create an account, and apply for a position. You will then be asked to take an assessment. From there, if you are hired you will go to the store that you applied to, get an interview from a member of management, if they deem you eligible for hire, you will go through the training process.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

i applied several times before finally getting an interview. There were general behavioral questions, easy interview. What would you do if.... name a time when... etc etc etc. there were actually supposed to be two interviews. one with the dept supervisor and one with a manager to follow if you pass the first interview. the interviews consist of the exact same question. Just a different hiring opinion. both of my interviews were held the same day and i was offered a job on spot

no negotiation

Cashier Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

Piece of cake got the job on my first interview.. Everyone was nice and I felt right at home just by interacting with the employees at orientation. The pay is not as good but its a job where u can step up and be trained as a manager or CS Associate, what I like the most is the customers, it really feels good to come to work and to hear them call you by your first name. I luv it..

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart in August 2014.

One person asked the question, while another personnel listened in and did something else. Didn't really seem like they cared what I said. Questions were standard questions about what you had done in the past dealing with a customer. You could find any of these questions online. From the turnover in this job, I got the impression they hired anyone that applied as long as you past the background check and drug screening. I even told them I didn't have an answer for one questions. Hired right there on the spot as soon as questions were done. I'm sorry, it just seemed like they were pushing cattle and anyone they could get to take the job they gave it to them. Break room had a poster that had some kind of company help that you, as an employee, could donate to help another associate who could afford to meet their own bills. It was right next to a copy of the big donation checks Walmart gave to other donations. Got to have that tax write off.

What was your best way of dealing with a irate customer, name a time and how you resolved it.

Interview Questions
    None. Poor pay for a job that you could go to prison if you sold alcohol to someone under age, even if they had gotten someone older to buy it for them.

Receiving Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Georgetown, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Georgetown, DE

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart in August 2014.

Apply online and get a call after week for interview. Three managers interview one on one in same day. Not hard questions all normal day to day experience. Good and friendly place.