Walmart

Relevance Date Difficulty

Any Position Interview

Any Position
Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in October 2013.

Interview Details – You will be contacted by phone for initial interview. There will be 3 interviews, or should be. Depending on how many applicants, you might have to have to come back later for the rest. The first interview is conducted by an hourly supervisor, the second by a salaried member of management. The third interview is supposed to be my the store manager.

Please make sure that there are 2 current and valid phone numbers of people you actually know as references, (Not actually "Professional Contacts") They have to be able to answer the questions, not refer us to a hotline.

Interview Question – The questions are long winded and repetitive. Listen for the core of what it is asking. Give an real life example, whether work, school, or home related and how YOU actually came to solve the situation. The company wants to see how you think, how you solve problems. So show them that you can.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. The job offer is set. Each job has a level, a code. So whatever you are interviewing for and eventually might be getting, has a set value. The only difference might be if you job credits that the system can take into consideration. No one will know that, until the actual job offer is presented by the computer.

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Simple, if they call you for an interview you probably have the job. Formality. No bid deal just like the pay. You interview with one person, followed by another (same day). Same type of questions then you go for a drug test and when results are in you meet with the store manager.

Interview Question – no difficulties   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations. Certain departments received certain pay .

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Troy, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in July 2014.

Interview Details – You don't call them, they call you. I went in the first interview with a pretty open availability, they seemed to like me and asked me to stay for a second. They DO contact references, but then they called me in for a third. I've heard and it felt like if you've made it that far, you're in. So long as you pass a drug/background check.

Interview Question – Why do I want to hire you?   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

Pharmacist

I applied online and interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Initially I found a job position online and submitted an online application. The Health and Wellness Market Manager then e-mailed me to as for an interview. The interview with her was about 20-30 minutes a Walmart store in the back. After that, I had a phone interview with the regional pharmacy manager which was about 30 minutes long.

Interview Question – If you could do anything to improve the pharmacy profession, what would you do?   Answer Question

Walmart Cashier Interview

Walmart Cashier
Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – When Store #5218 first opened I obtained a job here. Surprisingly Walmart's interviewing process is quite thorough. There was an ethical assessment, drug test, and other standards but they asked pointed questions. They tried to demonstrate that they took hiring employees seriously. However, years later they became slack in the interview process. They would rehire associates that had committed crimes and were arrested there at Walmart (which is okay, but it makes the company look bad). They had new CSM's who would not train cashiers to reuse bags and for a week we ran out of bags and had to use the larger bags which have a lower tensile strength. All of these issues have since, I suspect, changed since I was there, however. But if I were to do it again, I would have asked specifically what would be my expectations for gaining entry to higher positions once I was hired from a lower position.

Interview Question – It was actually not as relaxed as I thought. I don't remember specific questions but they take it seriously at the interview.   Answer Question

FID Processor Interview

FID Processor
Brookhaven, MS

Interview Details – The interviewer was very awkward and slightly rude. The questions were very generic. They were based on how you performed tasks with your previous employers, and how you could adjust to various situations.

Interview Question – She mainly asked questions about previous work history.   Answer Question

Instock Team Overnight Interview

Instock Team Overnight
Moreno Valley, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart in May 2014.

Interview Details – got called in for an interview met with an assistant manager and a hiring manager. basic questions asked about problem solving skills questions about how you've handled difficult situations in the past and how you've handled bad situations overall and still were able to achieve a positive outcome. basically they want to gauge if your lazy or too dumb to work there.

Interview Question – if you've had any real job work experience it shouldn't be too hard to come up with some good enough examples to show them you can handle yourself properly and efficiently.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – n/a

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Spring Lake, NC

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart in June 2014.

Interview Details – For me the interview process was fairly easy, but I studied everything that I could about panel interviews and The STAR method for answering situational questions. I went to a job fair and gave my resume to one of the managers at their table. He asked me a few questions, made some notes and we shook hands. I didn't expect to hear from them because I don't have a degree. About a week or so later I received a call to set up an interview for the following week. When I got to the store to interview, there were 29 other candidates, so I was sure I wouldn't be hired. We were all veterans or about to be. We watched a quick video, filled out an application and waited to be seen. They gave some of us a tour of the store we were at, Spring Lake, NC. While some of us were touring, others were doing the panel interview. Once I was called in for the interview, there were 3 managers waiting. We shook hands, sat down and they explained how the process would work. One of them asked about 6 questions that basically wanted to determine how I have dealt with work related challenges in the past. They have to be situations that pertain to you, not a team or your store, you and how you handled it. They scored my answers while I spoke and showed no emotion. I was a bit nervous because I normally get a smile or some form of conversation. After they questioned me, they asked if I had any questions. I asked a couple and they suddenly became nice again and we talked for a few minutes. I felt better. We shook hands and that was it. I received a call three weeks later with an offer and information on my next steps.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where the integrity of your staff members came into question. What was the issue, was there a valid reason to question their integrity, how did you handle it and what was the outcome (something like that).   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. They give you an offer based on experience and you accept or decline.

Staff Pharmacist Interview

Staff Pharmacist

Interviewed at Walmart

Interview Details – More specific questions about the job and the skills you bring to the position. the interviewer was a very friendly person that understands what it is like to be interviewed. It was a pleasure interviewing with the person.

Interview Question – why should we hire you now?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Electronic Sales Associate Interview

Electronic Sales Associate
Lancaster, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in May 2010.

Interview Details – It was pretty simple, they ask you the regular questions that they normally would (what if scenarios etc.) The process went really great and since it was my first time working in a retail environment, i was happy. After everything went through, I took the drug test right away and I started pretty much that next following week.