Walmart

Average Difficulty
2,205 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed at Walmart in January 2013.

Interview Details – Nice professional, didnt seem like they were looking for too many skills just a body to fill the schedule. Lots of people in management there who take their "powers" way to high...seems like upper level mgmt is not very experienced and low quality employees

Interview Question – why should you work for walmart? Really?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Becasue it's walmart, just doing an experiment

Interviewed at Walmart

Interview Details – Interviewed with a department manager and was supposed to be passed on to the assistant. After waiting for an hour, I was asked to come back the next day. Came back the next day, waited another hour, was interviewed by a second department manager. Was called a couple days later and accepted a job offer pending background and drug test. When I started I still didn't know who my manager was, even though I was told to find her on my first day. When I reported my first day, she was on vacation, so I basically spent my first few days doing computer learning and wandering aimlessly around the sales floor.

Interview Question – Standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Inventory Supervisor Interview

Inventory Supervisor
Gastonia, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in September 2012.

Interview Details – Asked about previous experiences in similar positions, ability to follow directions and were you physically able to perform required task. Asked whether or not you were flexible on days and hours to be worked.. Asked how you would resolve a difficult situation involving a customer. what was your previous greayesy accomplishment at your previous job.

Interview Question – Most enjoyable customer service experience   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None - was take it or leave it

Sales Interview

Sales

Interviewed at Walmart

Interview Details – It was ok nothing to brag about great questions lying process. The hiring process was long but informative the interview was short and t very detailed. The hired me and then I was off to trainging

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Applied online for a summer sales associate position, was called in for interview within two weeks. Had the interview which ended up being relaxed and fairly easy, seemed more like a formality. Got offered the job the same day. They followed up with drug test that same day, and then called me back once the results came in for orientation.

Interview Question – All fairly standard and easy questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, gave me pay above minimum wage. 80 cents above.

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Customer Service Supervisor
Holly Spring, GA

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in April 2014.

Interview Details – I worked for a Walmart Neighborhood Market as a cashier and was interested in moving up by transferring to a new Supercenter being built. I called Home Office about the new store, and they had the store contact me for an interview. I was paid for my mileage to come to the site (since I am already an associate). I was greeted and signed in. Then I waited in a room to be called. Two people interviewed me together. The questions were lengthy questions that asked about how I have responded to certain situations in my past work experience.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you disagreed with a policy? What did you disagree with, what did you do, and what was the result?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director
Bentonville, AR

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart in June 2014.

Interview Details – This was the most professional hiring experience I've ever gone through. Everything was quick, transparent and painless. I was flown in first class. Put up in a hotel with a rental car. Had meals paid for. After I put in my application I was contacts about 8 hours later. There after I had an initial screening interview where we talked about salary and expectations. From there I talked with the hiring manager. Within a few hours I received and mail mentioning that they would like to fly me out to interview and meet the team. I had a really good experience while in Bentonville. The first night I went out to dinner with the hiring manager - he came to my hotel and picked me up. The next day I meet about 5 senior people within the capacity - all were really nice. The hiring manager and I went to lunch with another one of the capacity leaders and talked about the work, but also current events. Later that day I got a tour with in the area from a real-estate agent who was really nice and showed me around NWA - both in terms of buying/renting a house/flat. Very impressed with everyone in the entire process.

Interview Question – I work in a niche field, and am a bit of a leader in it despite being under 30. The most difficult thing isn't the questions, it's always figuring out what people know or what's relevant to the person you are talking with. Some know a lot, other not too much about the technical details. This is how the job is, so being able to empathize is key for the the interview as well as the job itself. I think showing that you can empathize with professionals as well as non-sector personnel is key.. As always   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Got an email that wanted to clarify what it would take money wise for me to get me to Arkansas. Initially I was a bit confused because in the first interview we went over monetary stuff - which was good. I gave my two cents mentioning how I thought it was comparable to market rates and was happy with the amount, although in some markets I could get a bit more. They came back with a formal offer that was about 12% higher than the number initially discussed so I was pleased about that.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Anchorage, AK

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Walmart in June 2013.

Interview Details – I had one phone interview, one personal interview and was hired in approx 10 days. It was an easy process nothing pressuring or difficult except they would not talk money or benefits but rather sent it to you along with your offer letter.

Interview Question – There was no difficulty answering their questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no ability to negotiate.

Order Filler Conveyable Interview

Order Filler Conveyable
Grove City, OH

I applied online - interviewed at Walmart in August 2010.

Interview Details – You were called and scheduled for first interview which consists of mostly behavioral questions which are the same for every person. I applied online and your application and personality assessment will be routed through the home office in Bentonville, Arkansas. It will take the hiring managers at the location 4 weeks to actually see your application and be able to call you for an interview. If you are serious about getting a job here, you will need to log onto your account, and update and resubmit your application every Wednesday for the positions you are applying for... (Everything else in your application will be saved for 1 year)

Interview Question – Have you ever worked with someone who was difficult and you did not like? What did you do? (Of course we all have and I do not try to remember such things that are not important)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You were called in for a second interview which consists of signing a letter of acceptance, pending the results of the background check and drug screen. There was no negotiation on salary for this position.

Ecommerce Interview

Ecommerce
Bentonville, AR

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Walmart in January 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process is pretty standard. You'll have a typical pre-screen with an HR representative with typical questions like why were you interested in this position, why do you want to leave your current role. Then it proceeds to another HR rep. From there it moved to interview with Hiring Manager. Then final interview with a group of peers and senior level staff. It went fast enough, but not too rapid fire.

Interview Question – No difficult questions that I can think of. Some interviewers use the behavior based interviewing techniques.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much room to negotiate salary and the relocation benefits,healthcare, salary, stock, vacation were all locked in stone with no negotiation. No severance package could be negotiated and neither could a sign on bonus. However, when the housing market went south, senior leaders were flexible and fair.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Walmart