Walmart Interview Questions

2,442 Interview Reviews

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garland, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garland, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart in September 2014.

I applied online on a Saturday and got called the following Saturday by the manager who told me to come for an interview that Monday morning the interview was much easier and laid back than I had expected I was asked 3 questions total all situational type questions she then gave me a few papers to fill out and a drug test order to be completed within 24 hours I took the drug test yesterday morning and was called today to go into orientation on Friday.

Interview Questions
    • How do you communicate your ideas with others ?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation you take it or leave it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lorain, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lorain, OH

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walmart in September 2014.

Three days after I applied online, I was called in for an interview the next day. I was interviewed by one manager, then by three others in a second interview immediately following the first. They were all really nice and weren't really intimidating. In both interviews, I was asked four different "Name a time when..." questions.

After the interview went well, they needed to contact my references before moving forward. Four days later I received my job offer, and filled out background check form, and took my drug test at another location.

Five days later, I got the call letting me know that I passed my drug test and background check. Then I was told when orientation was.

You get paid a predetermined amount depending on your position and the hours you work.

I M S Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saugus, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saugus, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart in September 2014.

The whole process took about 2 weeks... The store that I applied to was a brand new super Walmart that hasn't been open yet... First interview was just a basic run down interview "how did you hear about us?" "Why do you want to work for Walmart?"... Just felt like they wanted to see if you can speak english and read properly. The second interview was with the store manager and lasted all of 5 mins and was a waste a time in my opinion... And yes they do require a drug test within 24hrs of the second interview or you could not apply to Walmart for a full year ... Which I found odd...

Interview Questions
    • How did you hear about us? Why do you want to work for Walmart? Why Walmart and not a competitor?   Answer Question
    Zero negotiation take it or leave it type vibe... Everyone for the most part starts off at the same pay... They sell idea that there's a lot of career opportunity within the company and that if you stayed focus you could find yourself in a supervisor position and that's how you get more money... In fact many members of the hiring staff were former part time associates that put it 10+ years...

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart.

I was asking to come in for a face to face interview and met with the Pharmacy Manager. They asked a series of questions about your experience and behavior questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when a customer made you upset and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

People/Greater Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart in September 2014.

They asked me about five or six questions. The interviewer told me to apply for a different position if i wanted more money. They asked me mostly situational questions. How did you prioritize your work? When was a time you resolved a dispute between workers.

Bakery/Deli Interview

The interview was quite simple. I applied online in June and didn't get the call until September. They ask about 6 questions like 'Name a time you had a disagreement with someone and how you resolve it.' Then they take you one a tour of the store and the back of the store. Explaining your duties. Then they had me meet the head manager. She told me I passed the interview and needed to take a background check and drug test. The big thing you have to have is availability. That's what they really look at and if you have open availability they will hire you even if you don't have any experience at all and you don't get scaried of the early morning job.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you helped another person. What did you help them with and what did you do?   Answer Question

Asset Protection Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goldsboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goldsboro, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart in September 2014.

Basic interview asking questions in reference to job history and responding to certain situations. I would recommend any candidate to review Walmart interviews from others to get a better perspective on what to expect during the interviewing process. The star interview method is used. Google that and you will master the interview process. I guarantee it.

Interview Questions
    • Since my strenght was not in retail, I just responded to questions based upon my job history.   View Answer
    No negotiation.

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart in September 2014.

I applied online and the process took about a week. I got a call in the afternoon to set up an interview. Went in in the AM and had my first interview with a low level manager, super nice and friendly. The questions were very detailed and most were 3 parts. At first they seemed overwhelming, but if you just take your time the answers will come flowing out, you can use any experience you have to answer the questions, not just experience that may pertain to the job in which you applied. The first one seemed to take the longest, maybe because I was anxious, I don't know, but they send you back out to wait for your second interview, which is with a manager a step higher. The second interview is basically the same as the first, pretty much the same questions in a little different order and phrased just a tad different. Good thing is on the second interview it is with someone different so you can basically use the same answers you used to answer the first and that's okay, that way most of the hard work is over. They again send you out once more to wait for the third and final interview. There they inform you about what position you are being hired for, go over your availability, and pay. Then your sent to the personnel office to get dress code papers, sign off on a background check, and paperwork to go take your drug test, which must be done within 24 hours of that time. I left and went to take it and wait for 3 days for them to get the results of everything back and I got a phone call to set up my first day which is an orientation day.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you provided excellent customer service. What did you do? And what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    I didn't try to negotiate because I felt as though the offer was fair.

Walmart Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Upper Saddle River, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Upper Saddle River, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart in September 2014.

I have had a multitude of customer service positions, ranging from managing a front end to running the camera and film area. This has allowed me to meet and understand the needs of a large customer base and rarely face a problem I have not encountered before. My brief time at the car dealership in Hackensack even gave me the skills to try to help sell extra items or up-sell specific items we are trying to move that week.

I am available to be interviewed and to work 24/7. as long as minimal warning is given since I live less than 10 min away. It sounds like this job calls for some time working alone (which I actually prefer since I feel it minimized any possible distractions or confrontations that may arise, but also involve some team activities (which while I do not prefer I thoroughly enjoy getting to know my more positive associates where I can not only learn from them, but also get the job done more quickly- all while having fun and keeping the clocck running faster,

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel dealing with the "stigma" of working a "lowly" job like Walmart?   View Answer

They were too far away.. I lost my father in 9/11 and prefer to be as close to them as possible.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart in September 2014.

Had a dinner the night before to get to know the interviewers and then interviewed with many behavioral questions. There were two interviewers. They hire directly after the interview and replied back to me quickly. They are interested about your previous experiences and are looking for emphasis on past internship experience.