Walmart Interview Questions

2.4

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

I was contacted by a recruiter out of Chicago and did several phone interviews before being invited to a local interview conducted by a panel of managers. The managers didn't seem to care about being there and seemed to ask questions in a perfunctory, disinterested manner. This should have been my first clue.

Interview Questions
    • The questions asked were very basic behavior based questions. I felt they were very generic and didn't really dig that much into my experiences and qualities.   View Answer
    I would negotiate for as much as possible because they will treat you as if they "bought" you and can do whatever they want with you

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Carlsbad, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Walmart in June 2011.

The manager was nice but I am very shy. I thought I did ok but couldnt answer a lot of the questions because i was nervous. I have skills but not interviewing skills. The ladies love me but employers don't. It's ok. I ended up finding another job, I'm still working so thats good.

Customer Service Manager (CSM) Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in June 2010.

i walked into the hiring center, had 2 interviews waited on a reference check and walked out with a drug screening. There were a lot of positions available since it was a brand new store. I was hoping to work as a department manager but since I had worked as a CSM before. That is one thing that I would want to have them change is allowing people to learn different areas of the store.

Personnel Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lake Mohegan, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mohegan, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Walmart in May 2010.

Went through the hiring site sixteen years ago. The interview happened at a hiring site and it was very disorganized. The hiring process has improved since then. Now the average process can take as little as 1 hour, from first to being sent out for drug test.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation needed. Accepted the job and pay.

Associate Interview

Recruiting assistant and upper mgt were clear and professional. Waited 2 weeks after submitting resume and was called within a day of my final interview. Company is very organized at the top and the managers are paid well

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in July 2014.

I applied online and a few weeks later got a call to come in for an interview. It was pretty easy. They informed me about the position. The interviewer mainly just asked about my availability and read a list of scenarios.

Stocksmen Interview

They do 3 interviews, The first one, just a base to get to to know you, the second one to tell you what the job is, then the 3rd one including your drug test and start date.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever ran into a situation where a person was being rude? How did you go about it?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in August 2014.

The process was very quick and enjoyable. I spoke with a recruiter that contacted me. I then had an interview set up for the following week. The interview I had was with a store manager, then the asset protection, market manager, and HR rep in a panel interview. Long story short I was offered the job and the process was very enjoyable.

Interview Questions
    • Situational questions. There are multiple questions in one so be prepared to listen and answer all of them the first time.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation process hey have a spread sheet they go through.

Senior Manager Sustainability Communications Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Walmart in June 2014.

Thus far, I have only had one interview with Walmart. The interview took place via GreenJobInterview.com as a web-based interview.

The interviewer was fantastic, she spent about 90 minutes with me. We discussed my career, the position, Walmart's corporate culture, and Bentonville, AR (where the position is located).

One thing I really appreciated is that the interviewer took several minute to give me appropriate expectations. She told me what she is looking for and then explained what she saw as my strengths and weaknesses in relation to the position. She then explained that it could be 2-3 months before I heard anything. While this is a long time to wait, I'm happy that the company was very open about the process, so that I'm not sitting by the phone, waiting.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, I wasn't asked any difficult questions. The interviewer didn't go with the generic, "Tell me your biggest weakness" or "Tell me about a failure in your career". Instead, she asked specific questions related to my experience. My recommendation is to have a few examples of positive impact you have had with each position listed on your resume.

From what I gathered, they're not looking for clever responses to difficult questions, instead they're looking for people who can clearly demonstrate successes in their career.
        Answer Question

Electronic Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in July 2010.

The interview process is divided into three different interviews. The interviews are repeats of the same questions with a different panel. They were not really all that interested in where I was going to be the best fit, as much as a body count to fill an empty position. As long as you are friendly and polite and always answer the questions you will do fine.

Interview Questions
    • Worst question I remember is: did you ever have a difficult co-worker or customer, if so how did you deal with him/her?   View Answer