Walmart Interview Questions

3,105 Interview Reviews

2.4

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Walmart (New Haven, CT) in June 2015.

Interview

Went in for an interview. 2 regional store managers asked me 8 questions. After that round of back and forth they told me to wait while they discuss my interview. Waited a total of 2 minutes and the regional manager comes out and told me the 2 managers liked what they saw and he told me to fill out an application and her will call me to schedule a drug test and background check.

Interview Questions

• Name one instances where you had to make a tough decision and how did the staff respond to it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart (Columbus, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview was really easy
    And laid back wasn't offered
    Employment on the spot

Interview person asked
    When where you in a
    Difficult postion with
    A customer and how did
    You handle it

Interview Questions

• When did you face a
      Difficult situation or customer
      And how did you handle
      It

1 Answer

Asset Protection Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Walmart in June 2015.

Interview

Took awhile before I got a call. It was a two part interview. One with a dept manager and one with the asset protection manager. Everyone was very nice and it was a relaxed envoirment. Eye contact and a firm hand shake makes for a good first impression

Interview Questions

• They ask situational questions so have good answers and stories   Answer Question

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart (Fresno, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Be confident and friendly, don't appear nervous

It will be a 1 on 1 interview most of the time. Its 5-6 questions (some questions might be worded different but they are basically the same thing, they try to switch it up each interview)

- You might have up to 3 interviews

- I was fortunate enough to get the 1st interview with questions, 2nd interview was basically the other manager getting to know me and i asked a few questions about the positions

- Any variation of "I'll push you through" means you likely get the job offer. They'll contact you to go in for the "Job offer" typically this is for your drug test and background paperwork etc....

- If you've made it this far all you need to do is be drug free and have a clean background

- Orientation will start within a week or two, they'll call you and say when its happening

Interview Questions

• They ask if you've gone above and beyond to do something for someone (mostly customer related but can be related to school, your personal life..etc)

some of the questions are much longer, but i tried to summarize it

Answer Question

Negotiation

You'll sit down with a supervisor/manager who will discuss your pay rate and go over other information with you to acknowledge.

Loss Prevention/Security Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Walmart (Cedar Rapids, IA) in June 2015.

Interview

I have an interview scheduled for next week. However, I am aware of what they are looking for in a person for this position; Clean criminal history, good morals, ethical, honest, and a COMMUNICATOR. Which means I can "profile" a person within 30 seconds, due to past training and experience, to see if it would be beneficial to the Company for me to observe them...

Bakery Interview

Anonymous Employee in McDonough, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart (McDonough, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Underwent 2 interviews first one was great because I previously worked there before for almost 4 years and left on good standings thought second one was just a formality, after second one I received the dreaded I have a couple more to interview before I make my decision. You know that is auto no said I would be contacted either way the next day no call

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart (Federal Way, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Easy questions. I had three interviews. They asked me about six questions per an interview. The questions were "give an example of such and such scenario that you encountered in a previous job". The first interview was with two managers, the second was with an assistant manager and the third interview was with a lead manager. Each interviewer asked basically the same questions. All three interviews would have been back to back, but after the second interview, they were unable to get a hold of my references and had me come back in for the third interview at a later time after they had had a chance to talk with them. I did think the assistant manager was unprofessional. She answered her cell phone in the middle of my interview. The first interviewers were unable to get into an office and conducted the interview in the back of the warehouse area, which was kind of weird.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time that you went above and beyond the call of duty to perform your job.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time that you had to accomplish multiple tasks and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time that you had a disagreement with a coworker and how did you reconcile this difference in opinion?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time that you improved something at work.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time that you had to deal with a frustrated customer.   Answer Question

Deli Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Travelers Rest, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart (Travelers Rest, SC) in June 2015.

Interview

I had to go through two rounds of interviews. The first one was pretty basic interview questions. They only ask five questions. They are naively scenario questions. May get offered after first interview. If not they will tell you to come back for second interview during that week or in the same day with 3 managers asking same 5 questions. They will let you know if hired. It's kind of intimidating with 3 managers. But stay calm and positive you'll get it! Started me with 9.50 and I had no experience.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you went out your way for someone and what was the outcome, who did you involve and what did you say.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you were given many tasks at once. What steps did you take to complete them, who did you involve and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't have to nogotiate a thing. I loved the starting pay for me not to have had any experience.

Cashier Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chardon, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart (Chardon, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

It was fun. They were super nice. They understand that you're nervous and the questions are super easy. They're what would you do-type questions. Situational. The process was fast. Happened within three days. It was really fun to do as I first time interview. Also, they pay well for your first induction. One last thing; If you apply as a teen, you need your parents there to sign off on a background check.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at WalMart?   1 Answer

Electronics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walmart (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

It was really easy. Waited a few minutes and they asked me a few basic interview questions. I had two people interview me. Overall the whole thing took around 15-20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond the call of duty to deliver exceptional customer service.   Answer Question