Walmart

Relevance Date Difficulty

Overnight Stocker Interview

Overnight Stocker
Maryville, MO

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in September 2010.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by two people; one I could connect with; however, the other person, I could not connect with no matter what. They asked me a lot of questions about work situations I encountered in the past and how I had handled them. They are not very flexible concerning work schedules; for instance, if they tell you to show up at 10 at night, they've got to have you there.

Interview Question – They will ask you if you have repetitive tasks that might interfere with work. They will ask you about handing people who are difficult to deal with.   Answer Question

Walmart Cashier Interview

Walmart Cashier
Gibsonton, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Walmart in March 2014.

Interview Details – I filled the application out online and received a call back within a few hours. I had my interview the next day and was offered a position that same day.

Interview Question – To me it was common sense type questions, nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

Wal Mart Cashier
Rome, GA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Walmart in July 2012.

Interview Details – A few questions, mostly background information. They covered the job in high detail and discussed what they were looking for. The job was simple and so where the interview questions. Questions were: What was your most recent job? What where your responsibilities? What did you like? What didn't you like? Why did you leave? Ever been arrested? Just a standard interview.

Reason for Declining – received another offer at the same time.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Inventory Associate Interview

Inventory Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in July 2013.

Interview Details – Straightforward interviewing process...I had two interviews, one with HR and one with the Store Manager....The entire process, including background check, drug screening and orientation(with orientation lasting the better part of a day) took approximately two weeks

Interview Question – Many "What if" and "What would you do in this situation ...." types of questions (questions meant to ascertain leadership skill, team playing, etc., )   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase

Cashier

I applied online and interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – They called me in for an interview and I was offered a job on the spot. After that they performed a background check and sent me to a lab to complete a drug test. After doing so, the lab sent off the test and said that Wal*Mart will call to set up an orientation time.

Interview Question – "Name a time when you had to relay a your view point to one who's differed than yours?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negioate

Front-end Cashier Interview

Front-end Cashier
North Huntingdon, PA

I applied online - interviewed at Walmart in December 2011.

Interview Details – I had a little bit of pull from one of my former managers that had transferred from the Greensburg, PA store to the North Huntingdon, PA store. I helped to set up the store and was there through the grand opening staying for 3 years total between the two stores. 1 year at the Greensburg store and 2 years at the North Huntingdon store. I had only one interview and they called me back the next day to hire me in lawn and garden. I had a choice of either lawn and garden or sporting goods but I chose lawn and garden because I was in that department in the other store and had experience. I was in that department for a year and then transfered to cashier at the front-end because it was easier on my body after lifting so many shelves and pallets and heavy boxes like furniture.

Interview Question – The most difficult question for me ever in an interview question is when they ask me what I would do in various scenarios because I don't know if the company is lokking for a particular answer or how I personally would handle each situation.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't really negotiate anything. I went through the interview, answered the questions to the best of my ability and got called back and hired the next day.

Salem, OR

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Walmart in July 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, and was called in for an interview about a week later. Went in for the interview, and was interviewed by an associate, who just asked questions from a paper, and circled a number. She said I'd need another interview with her manager, and I could either schedule it for another day, or wait for him to arrive about 30 minutes later. I waited, and was then interviewed by an assistant manager. He asked more questions off a paper, and then asked me about myself. After the interview, he sent me to Personnel to complete a background and drug test. Less than a week later, I was called in for orientation! During that, I found out I was hired because I have open availability. So I guess that is pretty important to have.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Not any negotiating, you take what you're given. But I was given $0.40 per hour above minimum wage for an entry level position, so I'm not complaining. And they have pretty good benefits for part-time employees.

Receiving Associate Interview

Receiving Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – I applied and never heard a response for two or so weeks. I called and asked to speak with
a manager and was able to talk to her about my position sits for the application. She said she would put it on top and called me back two days later for an interview. I had to pass a drug test at the end for approval of employment.

Interview Question – What would you do if a frustrated customer came to you about a problem and a manager was not around?   View Answer

Overnight Cashier/Csm Interview

Overnight Cashier/Csm

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Walmart in May 2011.

Interview Details – I have had two interviews. I wish questions were simply they do get confusing. Managers need to slow down and not multiple things going while giving interviews. Little more respect in the interviews would be nice

Interviewed at Walmart

Interview Details – It was typical interview. They asked the 55 basic questions.
They really focus on how to handle angry customers and conflict resolution while still wanting you to maintain company policy.

Interview Question – The most difficult or unexpected question had to be How would you handle an customer who was trying to use an improper coupon but insisted that you were in the wrong?
I tried my best to remember the customer is always right yet company policy does not allow one to simply override the system.
  Answer Question