Walmart Interview Questions

2.4

Walmart Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Palm Coast, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Coast, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart in August 2014.

Applied on a Thursday night and got a phone call for an interview 2 days later. It was very easy. Your basic questions on your past experience and such. Then I was told to sit right outside the room where I waited for like 20 min. Then was called back in to review my paperwork and review sign a lot of papers. Offer the job on the spot! Now I just have to complete my drug test and everything. I will get a follow up call after everything is processed to start my orientation.

Interview Questions
    • All were pretty easy. Just your basic questions on handling situations   View Answer
    No negotiation. Took what they gave me because I really needed the job

Senior Coordinator Customs Compliance Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Walmart in August 2014.

Used the Walmart Brassring to look for jobs. Coming across the job Senior Coordinator Customs Compliance I submitted my resume. Unlike other jobs that are on the Brassring, this one had a Accessment test that was required for evaluation. Once I finished the test and hit the submit button it processed as normal. Several hours later I received an email notification that I was no longer considered for the position.

Interview Questions
    • For the assessment you had to do a typing test. Trying to read the paragraphs was difficult because the font was very small and made it hard to read. The tests are timed and I had to stop and grab my reading glasses.   Answer Question
    • Another part of the assessment was to test my ability to use the 10 key number pad. (my computer does not had one) My number inputting was very slow.   Answer Question

Lawn and Garden Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, MN

I applied online - interviewed at Walmart.

initial interview with trainer. asked situational questions. answered any questions I had. then 5 min later had an interview with the department manager. He/She asks a few more situational questions and asked about my expectations. told me what the position was and asked if I wanted to continue in the process. next talked to the personal director and was informed on hire policy and set an appointment for a back ground check and a urine screen . four days later was called in for a job offer meeting.

Interview Questions
    • How have you handle a dissatisfied customer in the past   View Answer
    The only negotiation is that you give them the hours you are available to work and they stick by that in scheduling.

Receiving Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Walmart.

I applied and never heard a response for two or so weeks. I called and asked to speak with
    a manager and was able to talk to her about my position sits for the application. She said she would put it on top and called me back two days later for an interview. I had to pass a drug test at the end for approval of employment.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a frustrated customer came to you about a problem and a manager was not around?   View Answer

I applied online - interviewed at Walmart.

They called me in for an interview and I was offered a job on the spot. After that they performed a background check and sent me to a lab to complete a drug test. After doing so, the lab sent off the test and said that Wal*Mart will call to set up an orientation time.

Interview Questions
    • "Name a time when you had to relay a your view point to one who's differed than yours?"   Answer Question
    I did not negioate

Walmart Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bakersfield, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

I applied online. The process took 7 months - interviewed at Walmart in August 2014.

to be honest I have been to two interviews for walmart in the last three months and i fill I'm not getting the job because i live to far, i was kind of told that in the last interview. i don't mind being ask question at all, but men don't give women that same time frame as they do men.I know I'm up in Age middle age but they look at you and see only one thing she's going to be slow or maybe can't do the job.That's how i felt walking out after the interview. and that's not me I love working and i love being at my job.

they would keep my application and call me in a couple days.That was a week or two ago and still not been called was still going to make decision

Cashier/Electronics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online - interviewed at Walmart in August 2014.

1st interview was normal they asked basic questions after about 10 minutes i was given a offer letter and a drug test, the interview was in their training room where there was more employees in training so it wasn't secluded

they offered 8.10 pretty low but thats walmart for you

Cashier Interview

It was typical interview. They asked the 55 basic questions.
    They really focus on how to handle angry customers and conflict resolution while still wanting you to maintain company policy.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult or unexpected question had to be How would you handle an customer who was trying to use an improper coupon but insisted that you were in the wrong?
      I tried my best to remember the customer is always right yet company policy does not allow one to simply override the system.
        Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview was typical background/tell me about yourself questions. Talked to hiring manager about the positions available and what kind of work I've done in the past. I submitted an application through the website and got called back two weeks later for an opening at a different location than I applied for.

Simple hiring process

Attorney Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Walmart.

Long time between interviews (with many, many people) and offer. In person interviews were back to back so expect to spend a lot of time between meetings with people and many times they will be with people you will not even work with.