Walmart

Updated Mar 2, 2015
2,641 Interview Reviews

2.4

Cashier Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart.

I received a call asking when I would be interested in an interview. The interview consisted on talking with a lower manager, then the department manager. They were both similar and asked simple questions regarding my education, and if I am in school.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a past situation when something went wrong and you had to take leadership on a team.   Answer Question
    You do not have much say, most people in your position are paid the same

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nixa, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Nixa, MO

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Walmart in January 2015.

It was a formal interview in the back office. I wad asked questions about my integrety, how i act around people, wheather i put stuff off and what my general work ethic is. If you never worked before they will ask these questions in relationship to your education or community service. It was a STAR interview process witj about 6 questions. 2 were more difficult than the othet 4 easy ones. Review the STAR interview process before the interview. I may have another interview if it went well enough in2 to 3 more days she said. There are 3 interview candidate people per person hired. 1 of every 3 get an offer. I was number 2 of 3 so far interviewed.

Interview Questions
    • It went something like. What was a time when you significantly helped with a group project?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

was very thorough. I do not recall the entire process but it was not difficult. Everyone was very friendly and through . It was a very good interview and very good experience.

Cashier Associate Interview

General questions on behavior and making sure you can work well with others. After that they basically asked for availability and as long as you give something you will get the job. Don't worry too much.

Walmart DC Order Filler Interview Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

applied online, about 2 weeks later got a call with some basic questions (1st interview), got a call a week later for a in person interview. got told there I got the job and was sent for my drug test

Interview Questions
    • what's your number one concern when working for walmart   View Answer
    no negotiation I got offered 15.65 an hr for second shift constant 0.50 cent raises I'm currently up to 17.15 in just nearly 8 months

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

It took a very long time to get an interview they had called me and the interview process was very long i didnt like that it was group interview

Electronic Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Walmart.

They ask specific questions about job experience: Dealing with customers. name a situation when you were in a difficult situation and did not immediately have a clear answer-what did you do? Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer or co-worker, how did you handle it?

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you were facing a situation in which there was no immediate solution. What did you do? How did you resolve the situation?   View Answer
    They have a set pay range and really do not negotiate beyond that. Starting pay in electronics ranged from $7.90-$9.00 to start

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart.

You apply online. You have to pass an assessment that is fairly simple.. common sense mostly. The interview was about 6 questions. Basically they ask you about problem solving or task completion.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about shrink and i wasn't sure what it was.   Answer Question
    I was internal so i wasn't able to negotiate

Graveyard Stocker Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Walmart.

interview process is straight forward,but they like to take their time contacting you and dragging you along,if your expecting a cal in a few days or a week,id forget it,unless they really really need people like that day.

Interview Questions
    • If you were in a managerial position and had to handle a dispute between your co-workers and a confrontation from a shopper about your co-workers,how would you handle it.   Answer Question

Cashier Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

I applied online in late april. Called for general interview within two weeks. Easy interview process. Some benefits if you are able to gain FT hours. The amount of work and days they expect you to work are not flexible for a person with a family. Walmart positions are more for people who do not have families or young children at home. Call in/off process is very involved as well. Not realistic in my personal opinion. Overall I think it's great for a 1st time job.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when a coworker was being difficult and you had to report this to management?   Answer Question

Pay Scale