Walmart Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2015
2,718 Interview Reviews

2.4

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart.

It is important that you call the store and let them know you filled out an application. They only provide interviews for those that do this. I was then interviewed by who would be my immediate supervisor using the STAR method. I passed and then was immediately interviewed by a department supervisor. I was then hired.

Interview Questions
    • They use the STAR method and then rate you on the action and result you described.   Answer Question
    No negotiations. Paid minimum wage.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart.

I went through three interviews for this one job. I applied at two different locations which both had three interviews with three different people. They were in a place where everyone walking by could see and hear. Kind of nerve racking. But I accepted the job.

Interview Questions
    • Asking questions you will want work history to answer without looking like you know nothing.   Answer Question
    The only negotiation was on pay, but I accepted what they offered, $8.40 an hour

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Walmart.

The interviewing process was a panel interview of 3 Store managers. Thirty mins with one group then moved to another group of 3. Great experience. Questions were all STAR format.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what contributions you can immediately add to our company.   Answer Question

Had another job offer.

Unloader/Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pottsville, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pottsville, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

First step they call you in for a physical test
    -carrying a milk crate with different lbs of weights in it back and forth across the room
    -Sit-ups as many in 2 minutes
    - Arm bicycle where you pedal with your hands and have to keep it above a certain number
    if you pass they send you a letter.
    A few days days they bring you in for the interview with head of HR
    then they send you for a urine test and do a background check
    process will take approx 3 weeks
    if you don't get the job they send you a letter like if you were denied credit

Interview Questions
    • How would you prepare for cold/ warm weather as the dc in different depts is either cold or warm at certain times of the year   View Answer
    None they offer you a base salary normaly depending on your shift 15.00-17.00

O/N Dry Grocery/GM Stocker Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

applied online for the position, after 2 wks got a call for interview. Basic interview questions about dealing with customers. Tell me about yourself and why do you want to work here.

no negotiation

Global Shared Services Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

Began my process with Walmart with them contacting me first because i was attending a job fair they would be at. My resume stated skill sets allowed me to be invited to dinner with some of the employees and other students attending the fair. Then i had an official interview with a Global Shared Services employee. Basic behavioral questions based on the STAR method. Was contacted two weeks after that interview to travel to Bentonville for an on site interview with three different sectors of Global Shared Services. More behavoiral based questions, some by HR managers, others by employees who seemed like they dont get to interview often.

Interview Questions
    • Applying life experiences to a job you dont really understand   Answer Question

Overnight Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart.

It was a new walmart opening . Applied one day and received a call the next day for and unterview for the day after . very nice manger .. Short interview 3 questions and stipulations of the job .

Cashier Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Walmart.

They called me into the back office where they asked a few questions about my personal life. Drug test. Question about a time when you had to take charge. They asked me about my background and my school life. I had to leave and take the drug test. Once it was processed and sent back to Walmart they called me in to begin with orientation.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about having to deal with a difficult decision and how I handled it.   View Answer
    I was hired right away because they needed cashiers.

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Walmart.

Was very Applied online then they called a few days later to come in for an interview. You interview with a zms then if you pass that interview you have to interview with an assistant manager, zms, and the head of the department you are applying for all at once. It was weird having a three on one interview. They gave me a drug test I had to take within 24 hours and then they called me within a week and told me to come in for the job offer. That's when you meet the store head manager she/he offers you the job

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

Transferred from store in different state. That store did good interview had 2 interviews plus entrance interview. This store hired me as transfer without application or formal interview..

Interview Questions
    • What was your most challenging triumph in any previous job   View Answer