Walmart

2.4

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart in November 2014.

Applied online they called same day to schedule interview. Went in for interview all questions are " tell me about a time..." After first interview she told me to wait for assistant manager then I had second interview and basically same kind of question. Really easy interview. Got the job offer same day.

No negotiation

Field Project Supervisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

You have an initial PHONE REVIEW. Pretty simple. they want to know a bit about your background and why you want to work for walmart. Same formal interview as many companies. Next is a virtual green job interview with about 9 questions, you get to do over so its pretty easy. They want to know how you handled previous projects.

Interview Questions
    I was making more then they offered. they max was 42K, they gave more then that after I told them I wasn't sure I could take such a pay cut. I was happy with the second offer.

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart.

I've applied online, next day i've got a call and i've been called in for an interview. I've asked several times about the schedule but didn't get an answer. After the interview i've got a job offer for an overnight cashier.

Interview Questions
    • talk about a time when you had several things to do at once.
      how do you manage a conflict.
      how do you deal with a difficult customer.
      talk about your past experience as a cashier/sales associate.

Answer Question

It was an exclusive all night job

Deli Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Walmart.

Interview was with 2 managers separately. Questions were the same booth times and fairly easy to answer based on past experiences. Job was offered right away pending drug and background check.

No negotiation.

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Johns, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Johns, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart.

The entire process took about 3 days between the first interview drug screening and second interview. It was pretty fast and easy no crazy questions out of the norm.

Interview Questions
    • Do you do drugs? I just didn't see that question coming. Guess I didn't realize how big of an issue that was becoming.   View Answer
    N/A

Cashier Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elkton, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elkton, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart in November 2014.

Extremely easy. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. She asked me to verify all of the information from my online application, then asked me pretty much the same question 4 times, just worded differently. They were all "tell me about a time that you had a challenge/difficulty/problem/issue". I just cited differentl examples, but basically said the same thing.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you had to prioritize a project. How did you do it, etc   View Answer
    No negotiation. When we sat down I saw a post-it note on my folder with the salary and title, so I knew that it was all or nothing. I use the term "all" loosely.

Associate Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

First interview was a skype interview with a panel and they asked situational questions. Second interview was with upper management, and that was more asking about my background and experience.

Interview Questions
    • If you found a confidential paper on the printer, what would you do?   Answer Question

Seasonal Grocery Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hemet, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hemet, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walmart in November 2014.

I was called in for an interview for a temporary grocery stock person. I was told unless I have retail experience, I would not be able to handle the job because it is challenging and you have to help customers. I told her I had retail experience from several years ago and have run my own jewelry business.The girl barely asked my any questions and did not mark any of them down. The questions were your typical store questions.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart in November 2014.

I was called on a Friday asking if I could come in for an interview. He said they do interviews all the time so whatever worked for me, including some time during the weekend would work out. We set up 11 AM on Monday. I was directed to the service desk, they would make a phone call and send me to site to store where I would then be met by the person interviewing me. What really happened was, I got there, she didn't have me on her "list" of interviewees. She made a phone call, yelled across the service desk for my name, for the third time. I then went back to site to store and waited about 10 minutes while they prepared for my interview. I was interviewed in the personnel office where any employee was coming and going during the process. As the person interviewing me had a question for personnel, he yelled the question, and they yelled the answer back at him, from across the room. Thank God it was just a basic question and nothing personal. I had a second interview that same day. They then called wanting to bring me in for an offer. I wasn't able to answer that call, so I got the voicemail the next day. The same day I got the voicemail, I also received a phone call from Walmart asking for Steve. I don't know how it happened, but not they have my personal information mixed up with somebody else's. Needless to say, I don't know any Steve's.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected. It was your basic interview.   Answer Question

Fitting Room Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart in November 2014.

Fast fun easy and simple. basically they don't tell you.. that you got hired tell after you do the drug test and past and then they just say come to orientation.