Walmart

Average Difficulty
14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Inventory Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in July 2013.

Interview Details – Straightforward interviewing process...I had two interviews, one with HR and one with the Store Manager....The entire process, including background check, drug screening and orientation(with orientation lasting the better part of a day) took approximately two weeks

Interview Question – Many "What if" and "What would you do in this situation ...." types of questions (questions meant to ascertain leadership skill, team playing, etc., )   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase

Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart in July 2013.

Interview Details – Quick and easy interview with department supervisor and assistant manager

Negotiation Details – No Negotiations

Inventory Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – You have two interviews, then you get called for a third interview. If you get to your third interview, all that is, is them giving you a job offer. If you accept it, you go do your drug test and they run a background check. I started a week after I took my drug test.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness? A lot of tell me about a time... what was the outcome type questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Arlington, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in February 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring process was pretty quick and they give you two interviews

Interview Question – Why did you want to work for Walmart?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very easy just let them know when u can work and can't and they will fit it around your schedule

North Warren, PA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Walmart in June 2012.

Interview Details – Two interviews, one by supervisor then by member of management. They ask same questions. Then after background check there is a drug test. When results come back they offer you the position. Pay grade .. unless asked is not talked about.

Interview Question – Is your availability going to change in the next 90 days.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't one, they said this is what you will get and I inquired on the minimal amount of pay and they replied, they base it on position not experience.. which is ludicrous because working with walmart prior it was based on experience. Taking a $3/hr hit was deeply alarming.

Kansas City, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart in March 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process consist of traditional behavior questions. "Tell me about a time that you handled conflict, displayed customer service, took a leadership role etc.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you handled conflict with a coworker? What was the conflict, how did you handle it, what where the positive results?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Lubbock, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in October 2011.

Interview Details – After applying online I was given a call from the company about a week latter to come in for an interview. At the interview I was met by a manager of the store who interviewed me first. Next I was interviewed by two other managers who asked me questions very similar to the first interviewer's questions. After that they told me that they would be in touch with me in about a week or so. They called me three days latter with their reply.

Interview Question – If there was an altercation or problem with another employee how would I handle it? And give an example of how I handled it on a past job or at school.   Answer Question

Raeford, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in June 2010.

Interview Details – The interview is one on one where they ask questions to test your integrity and then send you for a drug test.

Interview Question – The questions are generally straight forward right or wrong type questions.   Answer Question

Fort Worth, TX

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Walmart in June 2009.

Interview Details – Easy process for a typical standard MW job. The interview had about 7 to 8 questions of the standard skills and personality questions. You honestly arent going to encounter anything out of the norm. Most of the questions are employee/ company interest type questions. And as long as you display the fact that you can keep both of those interests at hand while answering and integrating these concepts in your answers you will be fine. Good luck!

Interview Question – How have you handled a conflict with associate or customer?   Answer Question

Little Elm, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in August 2011.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by a supervisor, then by a department manager, and finally by the personnel manager. The interview process was pleasant and positive. My problem with the process was that I told each of these people that I had old felonies in my background. This information was also on my initial application. Each informed me that this would not be a problem and that the background check was just to confirm the information I'd provided. The background check confirmed exactly what I'd told them, but when it arrived the tendered job offer was withdrawn.

Interview Question – Describe a situation in which you had to solve a personnel problem and exactly how you handled it.   View Answer

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!