Walmart Inventory Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2014

1.9

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Inventory Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in July 2013.

Straightforward interviewing process...I had two interviews, one with HR and one with the Store Manager....The entire process, including background check, drug screening and orientation(with orientation lasting the better part of a day) took approximately two weeks

Interview Questions
  • Many "What if" and "What would you do in this situation ...." types of questions (questions meant to ascertain leadership skill, team playing, etc., )   Answer Question
No negotiation phase

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart in July 2013.

Quick and easy interview with department supervisor and assistant manager

No Negotiations

Inventory Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart.

You have two interviews, then you get called for a third interview. If you get to your third interview, all that is, is them giving you a job offer. If you accept it, you go do your drug test and they run a background check. I started a week after I took my drug test.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest weakness? A lot of tell me about a time... what was the outcome type questions.   Answer Question
    There wasn't

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in February 2012.

Hiring process was pretty quick and they give you two interviews

Interview Questions
    Very easy just let them know when u can work and can't and they will fit it around your schedule

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North Warren, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Warren, PA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Walmart in June 2012.

Two interviews, one by supervisor then by member of management. They ask same questions. Then after background check there is a drug test. When results come back they offer you the position. Pay grade .. unless asked is not talked about.

Interview Questions
    • Is your availability going to change in the next 90 days.   View Answer
    There wasn't one, they said this is what you will get and I inquired on the minimal amount of pay and they replied, they base it on position not experience.. which is ludicrous because working with walmart prior it was based on experience. Taking a $3/hr hit was deeply alarming.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart in March 2012.

Interview process consist of traditional behavior questions. "Tell me about a time that you handled conflict, displayed customer service, took a leadership role etc.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you handled conflict with a coworker? What was the conflict, how did you handle it, what where the positive results?   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lubbock, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in October 2011.

After applying online I was given a call from the company about a week latter to come in for an interview. At the interview I was met by a manager of the store who interviewed me first. Next I was interviewed by two other managers who asked me questions very similar to the first interviewer's questions. After that they told me that they would be in touch with me in about a week or so. They called me three days latter with their reply.

Interview Questions
    • If there was an altercation or problem with another employee how would I handle it? And give an example of how I handled it on a past job or at school.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raeford, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raeford, NC

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in June 2010.

The interview is one on one where they ask questions to test your integrity and then send you for a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are generally straight forward right or wrong type questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Walmart in June 2009.

Easy process for a typical standard MW job. The interview had about 7 to 8 questions of the standard skills and personality questions. You honestly arent going to encounter anything out of the norm. Most of the questions are employee/ company interest type questions. And as long as you display the fact that you can keep both of those interests at hand while answering and integrating these concepts in your answers you will be fine. Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • How have you handled a conflict with associate or customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Little Elm, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Elm, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in August 2011.

I was interviewed by a supervisor, then by a department manager, and finally by the personnel manager. The interview process was pleasant and positive. My problem with the process was that I told each of these people that I had old felonies in my background. This information was also on my initial application. Each informed me that this would not be a problem and that the background check was just to confirm the information I'd provided. The background check confirmed exactly what I'd told them, but when it arrived the tendered job offer was withdrawn.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you had to solve a personnel problem and exactly how you handled it.   View Answer

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!