Walmart Inventory Associate Interview Questions

1.9

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart in July 2013.

Quick and easy interview with department supervisor and assistant manager

No Negotiations

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Inventory Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart in July 2013.

Straightforward interviewing process...I had two interviews, one with HR and one with the Store Manager....The entire process, including background check, drug screening and orientation(with orientation lasting the better part of a day) took approximately two weeks

Interview Questions
    • Many "What if" and "What would you do in this situation ...." types of questions (questions meant to ascertain leadership skill, team playing, etc., )   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase

Inventory Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart.

You have two interviews, then you get called for a third interview. If you get to your third interview, all that is, is them giving you a job offer. If you accept it, you go do your drug test and they run a background check. I started a week after I took my drug test.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest weakness? A lot of tell me about a time... what was the outcome type questions.   Answer Question
    There wasn't

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Warren, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Warren, PA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Walmart in June 2012.

Two interviews, one by supervisor then by member of management. They ask same questions. Then after background check there is a drug test. When results come back they offer you the position. Pay grade .. unless asked is not talked about.

Interview Questions
    • Is your availability going to change in the next 90 days.   View Answer
    There wasn't one, they said this is what you will get and I inquired on the minimal amount of pay and they replied, they base it on position not experience.. which is ludicrous because working with walmart prior it was based on experience. Taking a $3/hr hit was deeply alarming.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart in March 2012.

Interview process consist of traditional behavior questions. "Tell me about a time that you handled conflict, displayed customer service, took a leadership role etc.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you handled conflict with a coworker? What was the conflict, how did you handle it, what where the positive results?   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart in February 2012.

Hiring process was pretty quick and they give you two interviews

Interview Questions
    Very easy just let them know when u can work and can't and they will fit it around your schedule

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart in October 2011.

After applying online I was given a call from the company about a week latter to come in for an interview. At the interview I was met by a manager of the store who interviewed me first. Next I was interviewed by two other managers who asked me questions very similar to the first interviewer's questions. After that they told me that they would be in touch with me in about a week or so. They called me three days latter with their reply.

Interview Questions
    • If there was an altercation or problem with another employee how would I handle it? And give an example of how I handled it on a past job or at school.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Elm, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Elm, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart in August 2011.

I was interviewed by a supervisor, then by a department manager, and finally by the personnel manager. The interview process was pleasant and positive. My problem with the process was that I told each of these people that I had old felonies in my background. This information was also on my initial application. Each informed me that this would not be a problem and that the background check was just to confirm the information I'd provided. The background check confirmed exactly what I'd told them, but when it arrived the tendered job offer was withdrawn.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you had to solve a personnel problem and exactly how you handled it.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Walmart in August 2011.

I had an interview with my information; cover letter, resume, references and thank-you letters, I went in dressed properly. Additionally, I spoke as well as I could.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sebring, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sebring, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart in December 2010.

I was contacted by phone by the HR Manager to ask whether I was available for a 30-day night shift inventory associate position. I was interviewed in person, two days later, first by the HR Manager, then by two Wal-Mart non-management employees. The questions asked were scripted, seeking information about customer service orientation, problem-solving abilities, and work ethic. The interviewers were polite, informal, and quite pleasant to talk with. Interviewees should be prepared to offer examples of how they have helped customers solve problems, how they have gone above and beyond to provide customer service, and how they have dealt with difficult or disgruntled customers.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you have gone above and beyond the call of duty to provide excellent customer service.   Answer Question
    Nothing was negotiable. The hourly pay offered included a $1.00 shift differential.