Walmart Inventory Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

1.9

Inventory Associate Interview

Interview

Hiring process is simple; you'll meet with the interviewer, asked to sign a few papers (drug test/ background check/ application), and you'll answer some simple behavioral questions. Make sure to answer them fully, and to be specific about a certain situation. If you did well on the first interview, you'll have the second interview right after. Same questions, different person.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you face a difficult challenge, what steps did you take to solve it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Inventory Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart in July 2015.

Interview

Took 2 1/2 hours did 2 interviews .First interview took aprox 7 mins just went over my online app and asked 4 questions gave a paper that says what documents to bring back.Second interview they asked the same questions just different person..after that you pretty much know if you got the job i knew my first interview

Interview Questions

• what was a dealine you had to meet and what were the steps you took to get it done?   Answer Question
    • when was a time you had conflict with someone how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • when was a time you went above and beyond?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Conyers, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart (Conyers, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

It was very easy, they asked me a few questions, they showed everyone they called in around the warehouse, and then told us all that they'd call us very soon for a second interview. Only it's been 2 weeks and I still haven't heard anything from them, they seem to be really deceiving. When I asked over the phone how much does it pay, I was told $9, but when I got there, they said that I'd be paid minimum wage ($7.25) and that the $9 thing doesn't apply until June. And I called in a few days ago asking if the job opening was still available, but someone told me that they're actually holding off on hiring employees until the beginning of May.

Interview Questions

• So why do you want to work at Walmart, and why this job?   Answer Question

Inventory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Just answer all questions and use past experiences. The questions seem overwhelming at first but just take your time and listen carefully and answer every part of the question. It took them about a week to hire me after the interview.

Interview Questions

• All the questions just run together and seem jumbled I don't think even the managers follow them very well when asking them.   Answer Question

Inventory Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart in July 2013.

Interview

Straightforward interviewing process...I had two interviews, one with HR and one with the Store Manager....The entire process, including background check, drug screening and orientation(with orientation lasting the better part of a day) took approximately two weeks

Interview Questions

• Many "What if" and "What would you do in this situation ...." types of questions (questions meant to ascertain leadership skill, team playing, etc., )   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart (Oklahoma City, OK) in July 2013.

Interview

Quick and easy interview with department supervisor and assistant manager

Negotiation

No Negotiations

Inventory Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart.

Interview

You have two interviews, then you get called for a third interview. If you get to your third interview, all that is, is them giving you a job offer. If you accept it, you go do your drug test and they run a background check. I started a week after I took my drug test.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness? A lot of tell me about a time... what was the outcome type questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Warren, PA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Walmart (North Warren, PA) in June 2012.

Interview

Two interviews, one by supervisor then by member of management. They ask same questions. Then after background check there is a drug test. When results come back they offer you the position. Pay grade .. unless asked is not talked about.

Interview Questions

• Is your availability going to change in the next 90 days.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't one, they said this is what you will get and I inquired on the minimal amount of pay and they replied, they base it on position not experience.. which is ludicrous because working with walmart prior it was based on experience. Taking a $3/hr hit was deeply alarming.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart (Kansas City, MO) in March 2012.

Interview

Interview process consist of traditional behavior questions. "Tell me about a time that you handled conflict, displayed customer service, took a leadership role etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you handled conflict with a coworker? What was the conflict, how did you handle it, what where the positive results?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart (Arlington, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

Hiring process was pretty quick and they give you two interviews

Interview Questions

• Why did you want to work for Walmart?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very easy just let them know when u can work and can't and they will fit it around your schedule