Walmart

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Ridge, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Ridge, TN

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

The interview process was very good. I was not as intimidated, they were really friendly and actually listened. They asked questions I could easily answer. They listened intently to what I was saying and actually paid attention. They seemed genuinely interested in what I had to say.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport, TN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

I was asked a bunch of questions that were completely stupid and had nothing to do with me or the job.
    Describe a time when this or that happened. You have no idea which ones they will pick. Most of the questions a normal person would have never had happen anyway. And if they did it is not something you can think of in 2 seconds.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall. All were unexpected. I was asked nothing about when I could work or anything that pertained to the job.   View Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart.

Set questions based on what you would do in certain situations.

Set pay and expectations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton, TN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart in February 2012.

You fill out application online, and take online assesment test. I got a call a month later. I had 2 interviews in the same day, all which took about an hour total. I first interviewed with a manager of a department that wasn't what I was going in for. Than I had 2nd interview in same day with the manager I'd be working with and the store manager. I found out I had job 4-5 days later. They called my personal references and called me few minutes later with job offer. They asked them if I was honest, and if I had a temper problem. I go in Thursday morning for orientation, and will fill out paperwork for drug screen and background check.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had a challenging situation on the job and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a resolve a problem with a team.   Answer Question
    • Tell me when you had deal with an angry customer.   Answer Question

Overbite Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenoir City, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenoir City, TN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart in September 2011.

I applied online at the store. Within minutes my phone rang to come in for interview. I went the same afternoon an accepted the job.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult at all about the interview process   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alcoa, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alcoa, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart in January 2010.

They ask many questions relating to your trustworthiness of superiors and if you have ever thought about stealing. Regardless of your past, common sense tells you the answers to these questions. Walmart is also a big believer in "scenario questions." They will ask you many questions starting with, "Tell me about a time when..." or "If you were faced with this issue, what would you do?" If you prepare considering the every day in-and-outs of a grocery job, you will be fine.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you made the wrong decision. What would you have done differently?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart in November 2009.

phone interview of my experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart in February 2009.

Met with an Assistant Manager and then a Department Supervisor. The questions were fairly easy: Mainly asking about previous retail experience. Much easier than an interview at an office.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't any difficult questions. Just be yourself.   Answer Question