Walmart

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Lonoke, AR

I applied online and interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – They called me first. Then I was interviewed by the night manager for the first one. Then I had to go for a drug test . I then had a second interview with two manages.

Negotiation Details – I accepted the job.

Training Coordinator Interview

Training Coordinator
Conway, AR

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Walmart in November 2012.

Interview Details – You begin by applying on-line. Your application is then good for sixty days. Once a Walmart store opens new positions the managers go and see what applications fall into those positions and chose who they would like to interview based on experience and your available hours.

Interview Question – The questions for all Walmart interviews are designed for you to answer using your personal experiences.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They interviewed me then offered me a job on the spot. You are then sent for a drug test and fill out a form for a background check.

Receiving Associate/Overnight Stocker (Part-Time) Interview

Receiving Associate/Overnight Stocker (Part-Time)
Little Rock, AR

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in August 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online at walmart.com. I was contacted about a week and a half later about an interview which I set up for the following week. I didn't realize it at the time, but it was an massive employee search for the reopening of a Supercenter. The interview took place at a hiring center since the store was still being remodelled. The space was too small for the turnout, so interviews were being conducted in hallways, in the waiting area (where others could hear), as well as the few offices available. The interview was one on one (unless you were unforturnate to have to interview in the waiting area with at least 3 other candidates awaiting their turn) with a member of management from surrounding Walmart stores. Questions were asked from a list and the interviewer rated your answers by circling 1-5 on the back of the sheet. A couple of the questions/scenarios included: 1.)Name a time when you went out of your way to provide good customer service and 2.)Describe a problem and how you helped come up with a solution. There were five questions, total, but they were a little redundant. I technically only answered two questions because my interviewer accepted my answers as being related to the other 3 questions. Initially, they tried to assign me a cashier position, but I immediately informed them that I was only interested in the part-time overnight stocker position. Once my job title and offer was entered into the system, I was sent to have a drug test performed that same day. Honestly, I don't think they turned anyone down since it was an open call kind of set up. The following week I was contacted to schedule orientation. During orientation, we watched videos, filled out paperwork, and listened to a member of management talk about how great Walmart is. At the end, we were given temporary schedules and locations where we could complete our computer based learning because our store was not open. After that, we were assigned a store to do job specific training until we could take over our store.

Interview Question – There was nothing too difficult. Have specific examples ready that deal with customer service and solving problems.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They asked if i would accept a certain amount ($7.45) and I did. I was not in a position to negotiate because of my lack of experience. Overnight employees receive the base rate (initial offer) plus one dollar.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Pharmacy Technician
North Little Rock, AR

The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in April 2011.

Interview Details – I had applied for the job about three months prior to getting called in for an interview. Jobs as pharmacy techs don't come open often so you have to be persistant. I was called about interviewing on a Wednesday and I went in for the actual interview the next day.
The first person to interview me was someone, I believe, from personelle. Pretty standard questions. After that interview they "advanced me to the next round."
My second interview was with the pharmacist. Most of the question were similiar to the first interview but they were trying to get their own feel for me. There were two other people interviewing and they said they would call me back and let me know if I got the job within a week.
The next day I was called with a job offer :) I haven't started yet but I am very excited to take on the responsibilities of pharmacy technian.

Interview Question – Have you ever gone out of your way to help a customer? What did you do to go above and beyond their expectations?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Conway, AR

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in September 2010.

Interview Details – 3 managers interviewed me and offered me the job. A lot of situational questions like when was a time you solved a problem or when was a time you exceeded great customer service very easy and quick did background test and drug test and began the next day.

Interview Question – When was a time you went out of your way to meet a customers need?   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Jacksonville, AR

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in April 2010.

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews, then a "walk thru" where I had to tour with associates in different ares of the store. Finished with a quick panel interview where I had to talk for 1 Minute about why I was the best candidate.
Very professional. I thought that it all went good, but the position was given to a different candidate.

Interview Questions

• Described some customer-focused actions you've taken or policies you've implemented that have produced positive results. Give me a specific example.   Answer Question
  • Have you ever been in a situation in which you had to redirect the activities of others to be in accord with the organizations vision and values? What did you do?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!

Walmart Videos

Walmart – Why Work for Us?

Our Businesses Our mission is to save people money so they can live better. And every division, business unit and department that makes up Walmart is committed to using our company’s size and scale to make the biggest… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walmart interview questions and advice in Little Rock, AR. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Walmart employees and interview candidates.