Walmart

Relevance Date Difficulty

Electronic Sales Associate Interview

Electronic Sales Associate
Lancaster, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in May 2010.

Interview Details – It was pretty simple, they ask you the regular questions that they normally would (what if scenarios etc.) The process went really great and since it was my first time working in a retail environment, i was happy. After everything went through, I took the drug test right away and I started pretty much that next following week.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Lancaster, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Walmart in February 2010.

Interview Details – Be sure to talk about your experirence with people. Sound positive. Be a problem solver. Be able to work on your own. Be a fast learner and a fast worker.

Interview Question – The most difficult question for me was the weakness and strength question. How to relate that to this position.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not really a negotiation. It goes like this, "you're hired, you're getting paid X amount of dollars per hour, you are working part-time, training starts Monday"

Walmart Meat Associate Interview

Walmart Meat Associate
Lakewood, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Walmart in July 2012.

Interview Details – There are 3 interviews, it is really easy.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Torrance, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in September 2010.

Interview Details – Pretty simple questions, mostly about you and customer service situations.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Orange, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart in July 2011.

Interview Details – applied three times before getting called they hire mostly when there is a management change found out later they just pick out a random batch of applications they require you to up date application on their kiosk every 60 days or you have to start over save your password and username so you can come back to the same application

Interview Question – no difficult questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negation phase

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Long Beach, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in May 2012.

Interview Details – Applied via company wire. Got called for an interview by the store manager. Did the interview. Got selected for the position 2 weeks later.

Maintenance Associate Interview

Maintenance Associate
Lancaster, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – I applied at the store and received a call the next day to come in for an interview. So I got to the interview and it was a group interview. They led us in one by one. The first interviewer was a nice lady who asked simple questions, about 5-6 in all. Then there was a second interviewer who is the HR manager who placed me in Maintenance of all places. There was so much silence because neither of us was saying anything, so maybe that or the personality profile I filled out had something to do with them dumping me back there. He mostly asked about my previous jobs. Anyway after I left we were being briefed when one by one we got called in to hear whether or not we got a job. I got an offer for cleaning toilets at 20c above minimum wage. Whoopie! That may have been my fault since I put down that I was willing to accept $8 while my coworkers got $9.

Interview Questions

• Why should Walmart hire you.   View Answer
  • Describe a time when you helped out an employee or supervisor.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The job title and salary was already printed. You could either sign the contract or decline.

Overnight Stocker Interview

Overnight Stocker
Tustin, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Walmart in October 2012.

Interview Details – Did the on line application, got called to do interview the next day. Went to the interview and got hired on the spot. Then went to do my drug test and had to do background check

Interview Question – Name your weakness   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Walmart in February 2012.

Interview Details – I went to the walmart job fair in my town and filled out an application. I was interviewed right then and there.

Interview Question – simple basic interview questions. Nothing really difficult.   Answer Question

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

Wal Mart Cashier
Westminster, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Contacted me after filling out an application at the kiosk in the building. I interviewed with what is now called a Zone Manager (ZMS) and then an assistant manager.

Interview Question – The insurmountable problem you overcame question and how you deal with emergency situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation is next to impossible especially with the current economy. They will pass you over.

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!