Walmart

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart.

I've applied online, next day i've got a call and i've been called in for an interview. I've asked several times about the schedule but didn't get an answer. After the interview i've got a job offer for an overnight cashier.

Interview Questions
    • talk about a time when you had several things to do at once.
      how do you manage a conflict.
      how do you deal with a difficult customer.
      talk about your past experience as a cashier/sales associate.

Answer Question

It was an exclusive all night job

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart in September 2014.

Recieved a call in the a.m. then went in that same night(1st. Interview) Second day recieved another call in the a.m. to go it that same night for (2nd interview) both different manager's.

Interview Questions
    I still have a third interview which they told me was to drug test and contact references. If I can come back and answer this question after that last interview I will update you.

Electronics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walmart in July 2014.

I was initially called in for an interview the day before it was to be scheduled. Asking the associate who called me where I should report to had me going to the Site to Store area and waiting. Once arriving the following day for my interview at the Walmart location, I waited in the Site to Store area with one other candidate. About 15 minutes after arriving, the other candidate was pulled in before me and about ten to fifteen minutes after that I was pulled in. The first interview was with a person of management. They asked me to verify my information, double checked with me about my availability, and once that information was accounted for by the personnel associate, I was then asked to describe myself.

Once I detailed my work experience to her, I was asked to be patient and wait for an Assistant Manager in the Associate's Breakroom. It was a good twenty or so minutes before someone came for me to give me my second interview. The Assistant Manager that interviewed me pulled me into an office away from the Personnel office and gave me my second interview. She introduced herself, I introduced myself and we continued the interview process. It was pretty basic as far as retail interviews go. A couple of situational questions that dealt with hypothetical and/or personal examples were given and then we went over what I did for my previous employers and how that would relate to the job I was being interviewed for. Towards the end of my interview, I offered her a copy of my resume and cover letter and was told that it wasn't needed at that stage and she asked me to wait in the Associate's Breakroom once more. About another ten to fifteen minutes went by before a different person of Personnel came and got me and I was sat down and offered the job I was interviewed for. Accepting the job offer, I consented to a background check, drug test and formally signed off on my information for the background check. I was given a form for my drug testing with a printout of directions to get to the medical facility to take the drug test and was informed I had twenty four hours from the time written on the form to take it. One minute after and my application was null and void and I'd lose out on the job.

Going for my drug test was simple. Did the typical drug test and waited for about six to seven days before I was called and scheduled for orientation the next day.

Was overall a positive experience and so far, all of the associates that I've worked with have been very accepting and helpful.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't really any difficult questions asked in my opinion. I guess one of the hardest ones that could've been asked was, "Describe a situation that you were given a difficult project. What did you do, how did you handle it and what was the outcome?" This would mostly be difficult to answer in the case of not preparing the night before for the interview. But luckily, I prepared for many scenarios.   View Answer
    I was offered a fair wage for starting fresh at the company. There wasn't much negotiating. The only question I asked since it was part-time, is if it was a temporary part-time or permanent part-time before I accepted it.

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart in October 2013.

Applied online and was contacted the following day. Typical interview questions and nothing too hard. The recruiter was very nice and friendly. I recieved a second interview a few days later and it was very similar. Overall it was a good experience despite not being as prepared as I would hope.

Interview Questions
    • A few situational questions, but nothing was to difficult.   Answer Question

Maintenance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart.

I applied at the store and received a call the next day to come in for an interview. So I got to the interview and it was a group interview. They led us in one by one. The first interviewer was a nice lady who asked simple questions, about 5-6 in all. Then there was a second interviewer who is the HR manager who placed me in Maintenance of all places. There was so much silence because neither of us was saying anything, so maybe that or the personality profile I filled out had something to do with them dumping me back there. He mostly asked about my previous jobs. Anyway after I left we were being briefed when one by one we got called in to hear whether or not we got a job. I got an offer for cleaning toilets at 20c above minimum wage. Whoopie! That may have been my fault since I put down that I was willing to accept $8 while my coworkers got $9.

Interview Questions
    • Why should Walmart hire you.   View Answer
    • Describe a time when you helped out an employee or supervisor.   View Answer
    The job title and salary was already printed. You could either sign the contract or decline.

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart.

Contacted me after filling out an application at the kiosk in the building. I interviewed with what is now called a Zone Manager (ZMS) and then an assistant manager.

Interview Questions
    • The insurmountable problem you overcame question and how you deal with emergency situations.   Answer Question
    Negotiation is next to impossible especially with the current economy. They will pass you over.

Remodel Team Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simi Valley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simi Valley, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart in April 2013.

There was a remodel coming up at my local Walmart store so i submitted an application and received a response withing a few hours asking for an interview the next day. The interview process was one of the strangest i have seen, they have two people sequentially read you very similar questions off what i can only assume is an interview worksheet

Interview Questions
    • None, they were all very basic, related interview questions   Answer Question
    There was none, they even lied to me about the length of the temp job

Electronics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Called into an interview at the Walmart hiring center. had a one on one interview with electronics store manager

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tustin, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tustin, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Walmart in October 2012.

Did the on line application, got called to do interview the next day. Went to the interview and got hired on the spot. Then went to do my drug test and had to do background check

No negotiations

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart in September 2012.

Apply online, then they called after 1 day. Two rounds interviewed. Ask you do to drug test in 24hours.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of questions which have the same questions, mainly focus on problem solving, customer service skill.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.