Walmart Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Jul 15, 2015

1.8

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart (Thousand Oaks, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Very easy process ask questions on paper like tell me about a time when just answer simply and you'll be fine one interview after another the n send you to the drug. Test and background check followed by job offer Wichita is based on job level and experience in field

Interview Questions

• Tell me when you were faced with difficult task   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duarte, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Walmart (Duarte, CA).

Interview

They have you come in and wait for about an hour and a half before anyone is available to see you. They ask you a series of questions in a very tight back office. Be positive, smile, be friendly. That is the primary concern, especially in a customer service position. It's not a hard job to get.

Interview Questions

• If it is time for you to get lunch, and a customer asks you for help, what do you do?   1 Answer

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart (Torrance, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I went in for and interview last tuesday. Went through 2 interview. The interview went pretty smooth and the people were nice so I wasn't nerves. Went for my 3rd interview the next day. That interview just pretty much signing papers and drug testing. Now I just waiting for call back.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever handle a difficult customer, if so how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart (Orange, CA).

Interview

I've applied online, next day i've got a call and i've been called in for an interview. I've asked several times about the schedule but didn't get an answer. After the interview i've got a job offer for an overnight cashier.

Interview Questions

• talk about a time when you had several things to do at once. how do you manage a conflict. how do you deal with a difficult customer. talk about your past experience as a cashier/sales associate.   Answer Question

It was an exclusive all night job

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Recieved a call in the a.m. then went in that same night(1st. Interview) Second day recieved another call in the a.m. to go it that same night for (2nd interview) both different manager's.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I still have a third interview which they told me was to drug test and contact references. If I can come back and answer this question after that last interview I will update you.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxnard, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Walmart (Oxnard, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

It was good, the manager is really nice, they will make it easy for you. They're very respectful. They will give you options, never rushed you. Asked what schedule do you want.

Interview Questions

• Give me a situation that you had a project and how did you finished it. How can you handle fast paced environment?   Answer Question

Electronics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walmart (Norwalk, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

I was initially called in for an interview the day before it was to be scheduled. Asking the associate who called me where I should report to had me going to the Site to Store area and waiting. Once arriving the following day for my interview at the Walmart location, I waited in the Site to Store area with one other candidate. About 15 minutes after arriving, the other candidate was pulled in before me and about ten to fifteen minutes after that I was pulled in. The first interview was with a person of management. They asked me to verify my information, double checked with me about my availability, and once that information was accounted for by the personnel associate, I was then asked to describe myself. Once I detailed my work experience to her, I was asked to be patient and wait for an Assistant Manager in the Associate's Breakroom. It was a good twenty or so minutes before someone came for me to give me my second interview. The Assistant Manager that interviewed me pulled me into an office away from the Personnel office and gave me my second interview. She introduced herself, I introduced myself and we continued the interview process. It was pretty basic as far as retail interviews go. A couple of situational questions that dealt with hypothetical and/or personal examples were given and then we went over what I did for my previous employers and how that would relate to the job I was being interviewed for. Towards the end of my interview, I offered her a copy of my resume and cover letter and was told that it wasn't needed at that stage and she asked me to wait in the Associate's Breakroom once more. About another ten to fifteen minutes went by before a different person of Personnel came and got me and I was sat down and offered the job I was interviewed for. Accepting the job offer, I consented to a background check, drug test and formally signed off on my information for the background check. I was given a form for my drug testing with a printout of directions to get to the medical facility to take the drug test and was informed I had twenty four hours from the time written on the form to take it. One minute after and my application was null and void and I'd lose out on the job. Going for my drug test was simple. Did the typical drug test and waited for about six to seven days before I was called and scheduled for orientation the next day. Was overall a positive experience and so far, all of the associates that I've worked with have been very accepting and helpful.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't really any difficult questions asked in my opinion. I guess one of the hardest ones that could've been asked was, "Describe a situation that you were given a difficult project. What did you do, how did you handle it and what was the outcome?" This would mostly be difficult to answer in the case of not preparing the night before for the interview. But luckily, I prepared for many scenarios.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered a fair wage for starting fresh at the company. There wasn't much negotiating. The only question I asked since it was part-time, is if it was a temporary part-time or permanent part-time before I accepted it.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxnard, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart (Oxnard, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Very easy going and relaxing. they seemed like there were wrong answers and probably wouldnt care unless it is an extreme mental problem. it was weird for me because it didnt ven feel like an interview. it felt more like a friendly conversation.

Interview Questions

• what was the hardest team building project you had to do?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart (Irvine, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Meet with assigned manager of human resource department. Ask selected questions, if selected answers match company's desired needs, interviewee is asked to be interviewed by available manager, of previously selected managers.

Interview Questions

• Why did you select - as a candidate or choice for employment?   1 Answer

Cashier Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buena Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Walmart (Buena Park, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

The process is very repetitive. They ask the same question about five times, worded differently. The person that interview you can either be a manager or just a supervisor. When answering the questions, the interviewer doesn't seem a bit interested. After getting interviewed by two different people, they give you a paper to get a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you solved a problem, include when and how you solved it.   Answer Question