Walmart

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Duncan, OK

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Walmart in March 2012.

Interview Details – Called out of the blue after I had filled out an application to be a Sales Associate. Was told that I would be hired at that position, only to find out that the managers had met in secret and knocked me down to maintenance. Was told to take it or leave it, so I took it.

Interview Question – "It is maddening when the courts let guilty criminals go free."   View Answer

Interviewed at Walmart

Interview Details – 3 seperate interviews, one with a csm, (supervisor for cashiers) & two with Asst. Manager, plus a pre screening test.

Interview Question – Tell me a little about yourself & why we should hire you.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Higher pay based on previous work experience & better hours.

Woodbury, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in September 2010.

Interview Details – got called in for an interview. Went there was interviewed by one manager then by a second.

Interview Question – They are all pretty standard questions and the main thing the mangers look for is you to try and answer them not that it needs to be the best answer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation it was accept this or dont.

Camby, IN

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart in May 2013.

Interview Details – Interview lasted 3 hours long, was a sucess, they thought i was a really good candidate to be working maintenance. i got hired immediately. came in 3 weeks later for orientation. and has been working ever since

Interview Question – tell them bout a time where i had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Pearland, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in July 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring and interview is simple. Submit an application online then give the store a call. Ask for personnel then ask if they are hiring for that position. Night and Graveyard shifts are more likely to have open positions.
The interview is simple, comprised of an initial interview and then a second follow up one.
While they say that they will call back for the second interview, if you can't get it that day then your SOL and better start looking elsewhere.

Interview Question – None really. All questions are about Team work or Problems you've handled.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Once you get a position, there is literally no negotiation. You take what they offer or they give it to the guy behind you.

Huntsville, AL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in May 2010.

Interview Details – They set up the interview and give you an appointment to come in. You then have basically five different interviews, which is ridiculous. The hiring process at Walmart is ridiculous. On the application they ask you about one hundred questions, why should we have to repeat the questions with each individual interview. Instead of doing separate interviews with five different hiring managers, why not have only one hiring manager or two that are there for that purpose only.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult.   View Answer

Littleton, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart in February 2012.

Interview Details – Very bleh of an interview. They asked mostly cookie cutter questions of how was working at such and such. What makes you a team player. so on and so forth

Interview Question – What experience do you have where you had to overcome a challenge and was able to succeed   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NA

Maintenance

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in January 2009.

Interview Details – Straight forward. Starts with a group and then narrows down to a one-on-one interview

Interview Question – what are your greatest weaknesses?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Hard ball. Start off with a higher pay and then try to offer you a much lower pay for the position. If you are not in a position to walk away most take the lower offer even if the initial offer was higher.

Maintenance

The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in May 2011.

Interview Details – It was going ok at first, then I bombed it near the end. First some lady took me to the back, and had me check my application to make sure everything was correct. Then she explained the job, and then asked a few of those stupid pointless "decribe a time when..." questions. I answered the questions as best as I could, and did pretty okay up to this point. Then she left the room and brought back two higher-up managers, both seemed like the old and cranky type. So now I had 3 people sitting across from me like some kind of interrogation. They asked me more of those pointless "decribe a time when..." questions, and I got nervous, gave bad answers I guess, and got the whole "we'll call you for a second interview if we need you" bit. In other words, fail.

I'm actually a really hard worker, great with customers, and got excellent feedback from my past jobs, but they don't seem to care about that. All they seem to care about is decribing a time when I last blah blah blah.

Interview Question – Decribe a time when you had to go out of your way to get something done   View Answer

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!