Walmart

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Omaha, NE

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in January 2011.

Interview Details – They're going to ask: "Why haven't you had a job?"

Your answer better be something akin to years of college and volunteer work or some other completely engrossing and impressive endeavor.

I know it's just Wal-Mart, but with no work history at all, you aren't showing them that they can rely on you in any context.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for WallMart ?   View Answer

Management

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Walmart in December 2008.

Interview Details – Asked hard question with reserch needed!

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – this is what you will make and that is it!

Management

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Walmart in August 2010.

Interview Details – I received a phone calling telling me that I was being considered for the interview & was asked if I could do the interview the next day. I agreed. The phone interview was a basic competency question and answer session. The next phase is the walk through of the store. That will test your nerves but it's a good experience because you get to spread your knowledge.

Negotiation Details – Nothing.

Management

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart in May 2010.

Interview Details – Its retail so its ae different element from my experience and background.

Interview Question – What's ur greatest strength   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Pay wasn't very competitive.

Management

The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in February 2009.

Interview Details – the initial interview is over the phone after you pass the that then you have one on one interview with the store manager I had to go through the process of also interviewing with market human resource manager. You have to pass personality test online and background and drug test to be offered employment

Management

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in April 2009.

Interview Details – Applied online for a management position. Received a phone call for an interview. After being interviewed by 4 other managers and the GM I finally got an offer but it was for much less than led to believe. However, I was told to get in touch with another individual with in the Wal Mart organization for another job opening in upper management. When I tryed to get this person by phone, their sec would always tell me to call later and leave my number. Needless to say this offer never went any further than the sec.

Interview Question – How would you deal with a situation if there was a 25% shortage on personnel.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Pay was less than what was expected.

Management

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in June 2007.

Interview Details – very short, only interviewed with one middle management person

Interview Question – If you were granted 3 wishes as to what kind of associates would work for you what would they be?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Walmart

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!

Walmart Videos

Walmart – Why Work for Us?

Our Businesses Our mission is to save people money so they can live better. And every division, business unit and department that makes up Walmart is committed to using our company’s size and scale to make the biggest… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walmart Management interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Walmart employees and interview candidates.