Walmart Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 8, 2014

2.6

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Manager Interview

Attended a job fair, and gave my resume. Was contacted in less than one week for a interview, had phone interview and then had a second interview in person with the store manager.

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart.

Behavioral based questioning

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart.

Just asking basic knowledge questions. They will ask same questions to all employees. about experiences with customer services and your customer service ability.

no negotiations.

Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

Rarely hire store managers from outside of company. Hiring a lot of assistants straight out of college with no experience. For Store manager position the process would involve 2 phone interviews and if selected a walk through and presentation process that takes about half a day.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Salaries are set.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, AR

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Walmart in March 2012.

After you turn in your application don't waste your time on them contacting you because it may or maynot ever happen. Once they do contact you - the person on the other end of the phone is usually very rude. After the second interview - which wasn't much better than the first they will give you an overall decision as to whether your hired.

Interview Questions
    • I is here that you have many years of experience and education - why come to Walmart?   View Answer
    There was little or no negotiation phase with W.M. Either you took the job or you didn't.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, AR

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Walmart in March 2012.

First was a HR Interview, which asked basic questions about my background and my past work.

Second round was a panel of 3, asking analytical questions based on my passed work experience.

Know your resume inside out. They will ask you around 20 behavioral questions. Thus study and have examples of all behavioral questions.

They also wanted proficiency in SAP for this role. However in the end the role was cancelled.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart in February 2012.

Applied online and took applicable skills tests. Received a call a week later. Interview was straight forward with typical questions ranging from customer satisfaction scenarios to conflict resolution scenarios. Drug screening and background check the following morning. Was not told immediately, but typically if asked to submit background and drug screening, you have received the job unless you do not pass both screenings. orientation a couple weeks later after results arrived.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were faced with a challenge. How did you solve the problem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Walmart in June 2011.

Behavioral Interview, they have a script to read from, not much eye contact, one talks the other writes down everything you say. Have note cards ready to speak from that covers examples of all the competencies required for the position. Answer in the STAR method.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a situation where, ....   View Answer
    None. The offer was what is was.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart in April 2011.

I got an phone interview call?

Interview Questions
    I was bit confused during this phase

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Walmart in March 2011.

Application was extensive with additional testing along the way. First interview was a one one free form getting to know each other, next was a scripted interview within a group setting that took about 2 hours. Then I had two additional phone interviews, one scripted behavioral and one freeform about the business. The last interview was in person more personal about myself.

Interview Questions
    • Am I able to work any time, any shift or length of shift to accomplish the job?   View Answer
    Yes very difficult through human resources , follow up was sporadic ad inconsistent.