Walmart

Getting the Interview

22 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Butte Valley, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at Walmart in March 2010.

Interview Details – Long process with hundreds of computer based training, a quick orientation in person and lots of horn tooting. Job offered then taken away, then a lower offer, A bit of bait and switch.

Interview Question – None really. Tell me about a time you had to solve a difficult problem with little time. They always want a story, a personal scenario.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – All salaries are always negotiable always. Accept the job but you need more money. It works.

Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Behavioral based questioning

Interview Question – How have you impacted financial management   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Just asking basic knowledge questions. They will ask same questions to all employees. about experiences with customer services and your customer service ability.

Interview Question – asking for situations in past.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiations.

Very Easy Interview

Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Walmart in March 2009.

Interview Details – Hiring process is normal as most companies. Interview followed by drug screening.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you found someone doing something dishonest at work. What did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple. They told me what I was going to make

Fayetteville, AR

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Walmart in March 2012.

Interview Details – After you turn in your application don't waste your time on them contacting you because it may or maynot ever happen. Once they do contact you - the person on the other end of the phone is usually very rude. After the second interview - which wasn't much better than the first they will give you an overall decision as to whether your hired.

Interview Question – I is here that you have many years of experience and education - why come to Walmart?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was little or no negotiation phase with W.M. Either you took the job or you didn't.

Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Rarely hire store managers from outside of company. Hiring a lot of assistants straight out of college with no experience. For Store manager position the process would involve 2 phone interviews and if selected a walk through and presentation process that takes about half a day.

Interview Question – Nothing unusual about the questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Salaries are set.

Fayetteville, AR

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Walmart in March 2012.

Interview Details – First was a HR Interview, which asked basic questions about my background and my past work.

Second round was a panel of 3, asking analytical questions based on my passed work experience.

Know your resume inside out. They will ask you around 20 behavioral questions. Thus study and have examples of all behavioral questions.

They also wanted proficiency in SAP for this role. However in the end the role was cancelled.

Interview Questions

Anchorage, AK

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Walmart in March 2011.

Interview Details – Application was extensive with additional testing along the way. First interview was a one one free form getting to know each other, next was a scripted interview within a group setting that took about 2 hours. Then I had two additional phone interviews, one scripted behavioral and one freeform about the business. The last interview was in person more personal about myself.

Interview Question – Am I able to work any time, any shift or length of shift to accomplish the job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes very difficult through human resources , follow up was sporadic ad inconsistent.

Augusta, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in February 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and took applicable skills tests. Received a call a week later. Interview was straight forward with typical questions ranging from customer satisfaction scenarios to conflict resolution scenarios. Drug screening and background check the following morning. Was not told immediately, but typically if asked to submit background and drug screening, you have received the job unless you do not pass both screenings. orientation a couple weeks later after results arrived.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you were faced with a challenge. How did you solve the problem?   Answer Question

Bentonville, AR

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in April 2011.

Interview Details – I got an phone interview call?

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was bit confused during this phase

Interviews for Top Jobs at Walmart

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!

Walmart Videos

Walmart – Why Work for Us?

Our Businesses Our mission is to save people money so they can live better. And every division, business unit and department that makes up Walmart is committed to using our company’s size and scale to make the biggest… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walmart Manager interview questions and advice. All 22 interview reviews posted anonymously by Walmart employees and interview candidates.