Walmart

Average Difficulty
25 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Walmart

Interview Details – Attended a job fair, and gave my resume. Was contacted in less than one week for a interview, had phone interview and then had a second interview in person with the store manager.

Interview Question – Questions seemed to be the norm for any interview.   Answer Question

Phoenix, AZ

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in February 2010.

Interview Details – two level interview with the store manager making final decision

Interview Question – decribe a time in which you sucessfully merchandised an item   Answer Question

Anderson, SC

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in January 2010.

Interview Details – Panel interview. Generic questions which are asked for multiple positions within the company. Company must interview three candidates per position. Many positions are filled before requisition is even opened, only a formaility.

Interview Question – Questions are not difficult. Generic. Mostly about customer service   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Butte Valley, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at Walmart in March 2010.

Interview Details – Long process with hundreds of computer based training, a quick orientation in person and lots of horn tooting. Job offered then taken away, then a lower offer, A bit of bait and switch.

Interview Question – None really. Tell me about a time you had to solve a difficult problem with little time. They always want a story, a personal scenario.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – All salaries are always negotiable always. Accept the job but you need more money. It works.

Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Behavioral based questioning

Interview Question – How have you impacted financial management   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Just asking basic knowledge questions. They will ask same questions to all employees. about experiences with customer services and your customer service ability.

Interview Question – asking for situations in past.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiations.

Very Easy Interview

Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Walmart in March 2009.

Interview Details – Hiring process is normal as most companies. Interview followed by drug screening.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you found someone doing something dishonest at work. What did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple. They told me what I was going to make

Fayetteville, AR

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Walmart in March 2012.

Interview Details – After you turn in your application don't waste your time on them contacting you because it may or maynot ever happen. Once they do contact you - the person on the other end of the phone is usually very rude. After the second interview - which wasn't much better than the first they will give you an overall decision as to whether your hired.

Interview Question – I is here that you have many years of experience and education - why come to Walmart?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was little or no negotiation phase with W.M. Either you took the job or you didn't.

Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Rarely hire store managers from outside of company. Hiring a lot of assistants straight out of college with no experience. For Store manager position the process would involve 2 phone interviews and if selected a walk through and presentation process that takes about half a day.

Interview Question – Nothing unusual about the questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Salaries are set.

Fayetteville, AR

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Walmart in March 2012.

Interview Details – First was a HR Interview, which asked basic questions about my background and my past work.

Second round was a panel of 3, asking analytical questions based on my passed work experience.

Know your resume inside out. They will ask you around 20 behavioral questions. Thus study and have examples of all behavioral questions.

They also wanted proficiency in SAP for this role. However in the end the role was cancelled.

Interview Questions

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!