Walmart Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

2.6

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bentonville, AR
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Walmart in June 2011.

Behavioral Interview, they have a script to read from, not much eye contact, one talks the other writes down everything you say. Have note cards ready to speak from that covers examples of all the competencies required for the position. Answer in the STAR method.

Interview Questions
  • Give an example of a situation where, ....   View Answer
None. The offer was what is was.

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Manager Interview

Attended a job fair, and gave my resume. Was contacted in less than one week for a interview, had phone interview and then had a second interview in person with the store manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I interviewed through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in February 2010.

two level interview with the store manager making final decision

Interview Questions
    • decribe a time in which you sucessfully merchandised an item   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Anderson, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anderson, SC

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in January 2010.

Panel interview. Generic questions which are asked for multiple positions within the company. Company must interview three candidates per position. Many positions are filled before requisition is even opened, only a formaility.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are not difficult. Generic. Mostly about customer service   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Butte Valley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Butte Valley, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months - interviewed at Walmart in March 2010.

Long process with hundreds of computer based training, a quick orientation in person and lots of horn tooting. Job offered then taken away, then a lower offer, A bit of bait and switch.

Interview Questions
    • None really. Tell me about a time you had to solve a difficult problem with little time. They always want a story, a personal scenario.   View Answer
    All salaries are always negotiable always. Accept the job but you need more money. It works.

Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart.

Behavioral based questioning

Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Walmart.

Just asking basic knowledge questions. They will ask same questions to all employees. about experiences with customer services and your customer service ability.

no negotiations.

Manager Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Walmart in March 2009.

Hiring process is normal as most companies. Interview followed by drug screening.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you found someone doing something dishonest at work. What did you do?   Answer Question
    Simple. They told me what I was going to make

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fayetteville, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, AR

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Walmart in March 2012.

After you turn in your application don't waste your time on them contacting you because it may or maynot ever happen. Once they do contact you - the person on the other end of the phone is usually very rude. After the second interview - which wasn't much better than the first they will give you an overall decision as to whether your hired.

Interview Questions
    • I is here that you have many years of experience and education - why come to Walmart?   View Answer
    There was little or no negotiation phase with W.M. Either you took the job or you didn't.

Manager Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

Rarely hire store managers from outside of company. Hiring a lot of assistants straight out of college with no experience. For Store manager position the process would involve 2 phone interviews and if selected a walk through and presentation process that takes about half a day.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Salaries are set.

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!