Walmart

Average Difficulty
25 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Anchorage, AK

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Walmart in March 2011.

Interview Details – Application was extensive with additional testing along the way. First interview was a one one free form getting to know each other, next was a scripted interview within a group setting that took about 2 hours. Then I had two additional phone interviews, one scripted behavioral and one freeform about the business. The last interview was in person more personal about myself.

Interview Question – Am I able to work any time, any shift or length of shift to accomplish the job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes very difficult through human resources , follow up was sporadic ad inconsistent.

Augusta, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in February 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and took applicable skills tests. Received a call a week later. Interview was straight forward with typical questions ranging from customer satisfaction scenarios to conflict resolution scenarios. Drug screening and background check the following morning. Was not told immediately, but typically if asked to submit background and drug screening, you have received the job unless you do not pass both screenings. orientation a couple weeks later after results arrived.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you were faced with a challenge. How did you solve the problem?   Answer Question

Bentonville, AR

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in April 2011.

Interview Details – I got an phone interview call?

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was bit confused during this phase

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in June 2010.

Interview Details – behavior based - disorganized panel. {anel members did not seem to have planned for the interview and were not available to start until an hour after the scheduled time.

Interview Questions

Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – It took forever to get through the interview process. There was a serious lag time in the initial interview for a second interview, then there was finally an offer made.

Interview Question – All interview questions are based upon a scenario. Key ways to interview will include: Giving a specific situation, tell how you handled the situation, and ultimately give the results. Since this company is customer service driven, all applicants who can prove that their scenarios were customer service oriented, will more than likely get an job with this company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. They will pay you what the current range is, usually on the lower end of the range. The company promotes from within.

Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in April 2010.

Interview Details – It was the same usual interview questions about past experience, nothing major. There were also questions about my personality and how well I fit into a team environment. Salary was discussed at the last moment and I was given the chance to negotiate before accepting an offer. The people who interviewed me were very friendly. Took me to lunch after interview.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses   Answer Question

Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Walmart in September 2011.

Interview Details – Initially met at a career fair with local HR representative, who expressed great interest. Two days later, we scheduled for a career day at the local store for a panel interview. Although, my interest was in a corporate position, the HR representative indicated that if their offer was not acceptable, they would refer me directly to the corporate office staff.

The interview was behavioral in nature with situational answers preferred. Interested personnel should be familiar with behavioral type questions and have situations that address the primary areas. Overall, the interview went very well and the HR staff was very professional. However, the panel and the HR representative were reminded that my overall desire was to gain a corporate position and although it was originally offered, the referral to the corporate HR personnel never occurred.

Interview Question – Describe your actions when or if an ethical situation arises.   View Answer

Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in January 2009.

Interview Details – I was an hourly associate and sent my resume to be considered for the position. It was a very tough process, long, and extenuate.

Interview Question – Describe a situation that you had a difficult customer. What was the problem? What did you do to resolve it, and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in June 2011.

Interview Details – Just started the interview process,too early to report.
Posted resume online and getting several calls of interest.
Got another interview on Friday

Interview Question – No difficulty involved.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – After visiting the city,decided against relocation

Manager

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in June 2010.

Interview Details – Online Application followed by phone interview. Interview consisted of how situations presented would be handled from personal experience.

Reason for Declining – Expectations higher than value of compensation