Walmart

2.6

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart in June 2010.

behavior based - disorganized panel. {anel members did not seem to have planned for the interview and were not available to start until an hour after the scheduled time.

Interview Questions
  • tell me about your background   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you had to correct the perfomance of someone who reported to you   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Butte Valley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Butte Valley, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Walmart in March 2010.

Long process with hundreds of computer based training, a quick orientation in person and lots of horn tooting. Job offered then taken away, then a lower offer, A bit of bait and switch.

Interview Questions
    • None really. Tell me about a time you had to solve a difficult problem with little time. They always want a story, a personal scenario.   View Answer
    All salaries are always negotiable always. Accept the job but you need more money. It works.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart in February 2010.

two level interview with the store manager making final decision

Interview Questions
    • decribe a time in which you sucessfully merchandised an item   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anderson, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anderson, SC

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart in January 2010.

Panel interview. Generic questions which are asked for multiple positions within the company. Company must interview three candidates per position. Many positions are filled before requisition is even opened, only a formaility.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are not difficult. Generic. Mostly about customer service   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Walmart in March 2009.

Hiring process is normal as most companies. Interview followed by drug screening.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you found someone doing something dishonest at work. What did you do?   Answer Question
    Simple. They told me what I was going to make

Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

It took forever to get through the interview process. There was a serious lag time in the initial interview for a second interview, then there was finally an offer made.

Interview Questions
    • All interview questions are based upon a scenario. Key ways to interview will include: Giving a specific situation, tell how you handled the situation, and ultimately give the results. Since this company is customer service driven, all applicants who can prove that their scenarios were customer service oriented, will more than likely get an job with this company.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. They will pay you what the current range is, usually on the lower end of the range. The company promotes from within.

Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Walmart in September 2011.

Initially met at a career fair with local HR representative, who expressed great interest. Two days later, we scheduled for a career day at the local store for a panel interview. Although, my interest was in a corporate position, the HR representative indicated that if their offer was not acceptable, they would refer me directly to the corporate office staff.

The interview was behavioral in nature with situational answers preferred. Interested personnel should be familiar with behavioral type questions and have situations that address the primary areas. Overall, the interview went very well and the HR staff was very professional. However, the panel and the HR representative were reminded that my overall desire was to gain a corporate position and although it was originally offered, the referral to the corporate HR personnel never occurred.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your actions when or if an ethical situation arises.   View Answer

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart in June 2011.

Just started the interview process,too early to report.
    Posted resume online and getting several calls of interest.
    Got another interview on Friday

Interview Questions

After visiting the city,decided against relocation

Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart in June 2010.

Online Application followed by phone interview. Interview consisted of how situations presented would be handled from personal experience.

Expectations higher than value of compensation

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart in May 2010.

sat a conference table was asked to elaberate on resume was asked behovial interviews and then asked to do a what I had to bring to the table

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had deal with a difficult cutomer? What did you do and how did your actions affect the situation   Answer Question