Walmart Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Bentonville, AR) in April 2011.

Interview

I got an phone interview call?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was bit confused during this phase

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Walmart (Anchorage, AK) in March 2011.

Interview

Application was extensive with additional testing along the way. First interview was a one one free form getting to know each other, next was a scripted interview within a group setting that took about 2 hours. Then I had two additional phone interviews, one scripted behavioral and one freeform about the business. The last interview was in person more personal about myself.

Interview Questions

• Am I able to work any time, any shift or length of shift to accomplish the job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes very difficult through human resources , follow up was sporadic ad inconsistent.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Houston, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

behavior based - disorganized panel. {anel members did not seem to have planned for the interview and were not available to start until an hour after the scheduled time.

Interview Questions

• tell me about your background   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to correct the perfomance of someone who reported to you   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Butte Valley, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Walmart (Butte Valley, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

Long process with hundreds of computer based training, a quick orientation in person and lots of horn tooting. Job offered then taken away, then a lower offer, A bit of bait and switch.

Interview Questions

• None really. Tell me about a time you had to solve a difficult problem with little time. They always want a story, a personal scenario.   1 Answer

Negotiation

All salaries are always negotiable always. Accept the job but you need more money. It works.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2010.

Interview

two level interview with the store manager making final decision

Interview Questions

• decribe a time in which you sucessfully merchandised an item   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Anderson, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Anderson, SC) in January 2010.

Interview

Panel interview. Generic questions which are asked for multiple positions within the company. Company must interview three candidates per position. Many positions are filled before requisition is even opened, only a formaility.

Interview Questions

• Questions are not difficult. Generic. Mostly about customer service   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart in March 2009.

Interview

Hiring process is normal as most companies. Interview followed by drug screening.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you found someone doing something dishonest at work. What did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Simple. They told me what I was going to make

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

It took forever to get through the interview process. There was a serious lag time in the initial interview for a second interview, then there was finally an offer made.

Interview Questions

• All interview questions are based upon a scenario. Key ways to interview will include: Giving a specific situation, tell how you handled the situation, and ultimately give the results. Since this company is customer service driven, all applicants who can prove that their scenarios were customer service oriented, will more than likely get an job with this company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. They will pay you what the current range is, usually on the lower end of the range. The company promotes from within.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Walmart in September 2011.

Interview

Initially met at a career fair with local HR representative, who expressed great interest. Two days later, we scheduled for a career day at the local store for a panel interview. Although, my interest was in a corporate position, the HR representative indicated that if their offer was not acceptable, they would refer me directly to the corporate office staff. The interview was behavioral in nature with situational answers preferred. Interested personnel should be familiar with behavioral type questions and have situations that address the primary areas. Overall, the interview went very well and the HR staff was very professional. However, the panel and the HR representative were reminded that my overall desire was to gain a corporate position and although it was originally offered, the referral to the corporate HR personnel never occurred.

Interview Questions

• Describe your actions when or if an ethical situation arises.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart in June 2011.

Interview

Just started the interview process,too early to report. Posted resume online and getting several calls of interest. Got another interview on Friday

Interview Questions

After visiting the city,decided against relocation