Walmart

1.8

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, LA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, LA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart in December 2014.

Interview was very easy, unless you are complete moron. Was interviewed three times within 30 minutes time. Meat Manager, Asst. Store Manager and the Store Manager. Drug tested and offered in 3 hours time.

Interview Questions
Very easy.. No bickering at all..

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelton, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelton, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Walmart in October 2013.

Like most companies, Walmart does not interview everyone who applies for a job. An interview has two parts, the first interview being with your immediate supervisor, then a second interview with a salaried member of management or the Zone Supervisor for your area. When you get an interview, the person interviewing you will have a list of questions, and choose if the responses are "Competitive" or "Not Competitive" if the majority of your responses are "Competitive", you will be given a second interview (usually the same day as the first), which isn't a guarantee that you got the job, but is a very good sign.
    Once you're hired, you have to sign some paperwork giving Walmart consent to do a background check and drug screening. Your rate of pay will be displayed on a computer as well as your position. There are several things you are told to take your time and read, and you personally have to type in your initials and click "I agree". If your drug test comes back negative, and your background test comes back as clean, you will get a call about your first day of orientation. Orientation takes about 5 days and you are there for roughly 8 hours a day, but you are paid to attend orientation. There are a ton of GLMS (Global Learning Management System) modules you have to take and pass with an 80% (90% for the Safety GLMS and 100% for the Tobacco and Alcohol GLMS). During orientation, you are given an Associate Number and you create a PIN number, these are your credentials to sign in to a cash register, every associate, regardless of position is given register credentials and trained to use the cash register. You are also given a username and you create your own password for the SMART system on the handheld Texlon computers, and for the WIRE on the computer, its important to remember these, because chances are, you'll use them a lot.
    If hired, show up to orientation EARLY, follow the dress code and by all means, ASK QUESTIONS.

Interview Questions
    • In a situation where there's a problem and no apparent solution, what would you do/have you done to solve it?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Front Royal, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Front Royal, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart in October 2012.

I had two interviews on the same day. One with the manager of the department I was going to be working in, the other with a zone manager. The interview process itself was pretty informal and easy. They simply had a checklist of questions they ran through, mostly situational questions, asking about what I had done in the past in different situations. (Tell me about a time where you faced a difficult decision, stuff like that.) Be specific with your examples.

I wore a relaxed-professional work attire: plain blue polo shirt, kaki pants, black-leather shoes, black-leather belt, hair trimmed, and face cleanly shaven.

I was hired the same day.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had difficulty with a manager. What did you do to resolve the difficulty?   View Answer
    I didn't really try to negotiate because I got a much better offer than I expected. (Above the median pay for the position I was applying for)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parkesburg, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parkesburg, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart in August 2012.

Applied online and recieved a call from the personnel office a few days later asking to come in for an interview. I dressed in business-casual clothing, but you can honestly wear anything. I quickly felt overdressed for the interview. As for the interview itself, it was incredibly relaxed. It consisted of two parts; one with a department manager (or two, for me) and another with an assistant manager. They both read off of a sheet of questions and will ask about five of them. Very basic questions asking about prior experiences in work and/or school (mostly about problem-solving and team skills). The hardest part of the interview is, if you're young, continuously coming up with new examples to use because they literally ask the same thing in five different ways.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you worked on a team and encountered a problem. How did you resolve the problem? What was the problem? What was the final outcome?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winona, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winona, MN

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart in April 2010.

The interviewing process was one of the best I've ever experienced. I went from the first interview into the second interview at the same day. I was even promoted three pay grades during the interview. The people were very nice and welcoming. They asked mostly personality related questions during the interview. The work culture is a bit cult-ish, however I think this is the same for most companies.

Interview Questions
    I did not get a chance to negotiate at all.