Walmart Merchandising Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Bentonville, AR) in January 2012.

Interview

Initial online screening called HireVue where you answer 5 questions. You are given 3 minutes to respond to each while you are being filmed by your web cam. The next interview is panel interview with two VPs, conducted over the phone utilizing your web cam. The third interview is with a VP in your division. Standard STAR question format.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Asheboro, NC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Asheboro, NC) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview process went extremely well till I was in front of my immediate to be Supervisor. She detailed that there would be no training, as I'd been hired without her approval and the did not have time to train me. In all actuality, I did not need training, but I could have used a computer that actually worked. None was given.

Interview Questions

• If you saw your peer stealing, would you report them?   1 Answer
    • If you saw your supervisor doing something you felt wrong, what would you do?   2 Answers

Negotiation

I had no option for negotiations. I would only suggest to be in front of none of the store managers alone, always have at least 2 people present.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Commack, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Commack, NY) in June 2010.

Interview

The person interviewing me clearly did not speak English well, we did not understand each other.

Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Bentonville, AR) in March 2010.

Interview

One phone interview with the direct manager you would be working for followed up by conversation with the HR group. Wal-Mart is pretty laid back and casual. The interview process gives a good picture of their work culture: ordinary people come together to do extraordinary things. They are looking for smart, ethical people and invest time in your development.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you faced an ethical dilemma, how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate