Walmart Merchandising Interview Questions

2.8

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bentonville, AR
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Walmart in January 2012.

Initial online screening called HireVue where you answer 5 questions. You are given 3 minutes to respond to each while you are being filmed by your web cam. The next interview is panel interview with two VPs, conducted over the phone utilizing your web cam. The third interview is with a VP in your division.
Standard STAR question format.

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Asheboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheboro, NC

The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in October 2011.

The interview process went extremely well till I was in front of my immediate to be Supervisor. She detailed that there would be no training, as I'd been hired without her approval and the did not have time to train me. In all actuality, I did not need training, but I could have used a computer that actually worked. None was given.

Interview Questions
    • If you saw your peer stealing, would you report them?   View Answer
    • If you saw your supervisor doing something you felt wrong, what would you do?   View Answers (2)
    I had no option for negotiations. I would only suggest to be in front of none of the store managers alone, always have at least 2 people present.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Commack, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Commack, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in June 2010.

The person interviewing me clearly did not speak English well, we did not understand each other.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bentonville, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in March 2010.

One phone interview with the direct manager you would be working for followed up by conversation with the HR group. Wal-Mart is pretty laid back and casual. The interview process gives a good picture of their work culture: ordinary people come together to do extraordinary things. They are looking for smart, ethical people and invest time in your development.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you faced an ethical dilemma, how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!