Walmart Operations Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2015

3.2

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart in May 2014.

Interview

8 questions that judge your ability to reasons. They are really focused on development of associates and managers. Make sure you provide specific examples of how you did things with detail and metrics.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Operations Manager Interview

Interview

College recruit at a job fair on campus was giving some information about company.

Anonymous Employee in Marcy, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Marcy, NY) in July 2009.

Interview

Applications are filled out online at walmart.com. Applications are screened first-in, first-out. Screening questions are also performed to weed out perspective candidates. First and second interviews (if passed on) are conducted using experiential questions - not what you'd do in a situation, but what you've done in your past experiences.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a nearly impossible deadline. How did you accomplish the task? Did you involve others, or did you complete the task(s) yourself.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Hourly rates are not-negotiable; management jobs are set within a range and based on past experiences and skill sets.

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart in February 2012.

Interview

the interview process is behavioral/ competency based. they ask you a series of questions about specific situations that require you to reflect back on previous experiences in order to gauge how you would act in the position. they give you a list of the competencies that they will be asking about in order for you to better prepare for your interview. there were three interviewers taking turns asking the questions.

Interview Questions

• What in the past year have you done to increase value throughout the organization?   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Red Deer, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Red Deer, AB (Canada)) in September 2011.

Interview

I filled out an online Questionaire and was given 90 multiple choice questions to answer. Upon completion of questionaire I submitted it and received a call back 3 days later for an opportunity to have an interview. I had an interview and was given an offer the same day. Pretty painless. They do ask a lot of behavior questions.