Walmart

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Walmart

Interview Details – College recruit at a job fair on campus was giving some information about company.

Interview Question – Define what diversity means to you.   Answer Question

Marcy, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart in July 2009.

Interview Details – Applications are filled out online at walmart.com. Applications are screened first-in, first-out. Screening questions are also performed to weed out perspective candidates. First and second interviews (if passed on) are conducted using experiential questions - not what you'd do in a situation, but what you've done in your past experiences.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had a nearly impossible deadline. How did you accomplish the task? Did you involve others, or did you complete the task(s) yourself.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Hourly rates are not-negotiable; management jobs are set within a range and based on past experiences and skill sets.

Red Deer, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Walmart in September 2011.

Interview Details – I filled out an online Questionaire and was given 90 multiple choice questions to answer. Upon completion of questionaire I submitted it and received a call back 3 days later for an opportunity to have an interview. I had an interview and was given an offer the same day. Pretty painless. They do ask a lot of behavior questions.

Interview Question – Pretty Straight forward Questions. No suprises   Answer Question

Operations Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in February 2012.

Interview Details – the interview process is behavioral/ competency based. they ask you a series of questions about specific situations that require you to reflect back on previous experiences in order to gauge how you would act in the position. they give you a list of the competencies that they will be asking about in order for you to better prepare for your interview. there were three interviewers taking turns asking the questions.

Interview Question – What in the past year have you done to increase value throughout the organization?   Answer Question

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!