Walmart Overnight Stocker Interview Questions & Reviews

2.2

90 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Carlsbad, CA
Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Walmart in June 2011.

The manager was nice but I am very shy. I thought I did ok but couldnt answer a lot of the questions because i was nervous. I have skills but not interviewing skills. The ladies love me but employers don't. It's ok. I ended up finding another job, I'm still working so thats good.

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Employee  in  Maryville, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Maryville, MO

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in September 2010.

I was interviewed by two people; one I could connect with; however, the other person, I could not connect with no matter what. They asked me a lot of questions about work situations I encountered in the past and how I had handled them. They are not very flexible concerning work schedules; for instance, if they tell you to show up at 10 at night, they've got to have you there.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask you if you have repetitive tasks that might interfere with work. They will ask you about handing people who are difficult to deal with.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tallahassee, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in July 2014.

Applied two weeks ago, interviewed last Thursday, was hired the same day, and started orientation today. Questions were very easy and the most basic interview questions you can get be sure to play up multi tasking skills. Very quick and painless process

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were particularly difficult. I only had 3, basic questions   Answer Question
    No negotiation pay starts at 9.35 was in need of a job so I took it

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Marana, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marana, AZ

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Walmart in January 2013.

Initial interview was long, alot of questions the process was ong, had to wait for enough people to have a class for orientation, took a month and a half to start orientation.

Interview Questions
    Simple and fast, I was offered more that I expected to get.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lexington, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, SC

I interviewed online - interviewed at Walmart in May 2013.

Fill out an application online, wait for a call, schedule an interview time, interview, get accepted, get drug tested, wait for a call for training, spend a day with HR on incredibly slow computers learning through modules and completing tests, schedule your first day of work, and go to work.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult/unexpected part was the lack of variety of questions even though they were reading from a script.   Answer Question
    There really isn't much room for negotiating. If you don't take the job as they offer it then they'll find some person just evicted from jail, or high school drop out, or college failure, or single mother who will accept the job because such people are in no short supply.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oxford, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Walmart in August 2012.

Submitted application online and was called within 48 hours. First interview and second interview happened on same day. The first interviewer told me I was overqualified for the job so I should be able to move up quickly. Second interviewer kept getting confused as to what position I was interviewing for due to volume of interviews she had been conducting. I had the 3rd interview via phone. Offer was done in 10 minutes, after noting that they had me listed for a different position for less pay than discussed.

Interview Questions
    • For an overnight stocker, a number of the questions were ones more suited to a managerial applicant.   Answer Question
    When I originally discussed with them salary I was told one amount, but it turned out to be $2.50 less per hour, including shift differential.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Everett, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart in June 2012.

Be sure to call and check on your application a few days after you apply. There are 3 interviews before you get hired, but the 3rd one is just a formality. My first interview was a pretty normal interview. I dressed well and interviewed well so they asked me back for a 2nd interview the next day. My 2nd interview was with a management associate rather than the personel lady and that went fine. They had me wait about half an hour for the 3rd interview. The 3rd interview is just where you meet the store manager "to make sure you can work together". You will probably never work with the store manager. Really what it is, if you get to that point you are pretty much hired. Meeting the store manager is really just about making sure he/she doesn't hate you. Be polite and respectful and take all her questions seriously. After she oks it, they will give you the job offer. You except and then go for drug testing. A few days of orientation after that and then you're on the floor.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly all the interview questions were very standard. Nothing new or unexpected. Just be prepared and you'll do fine.   Answer Question
    It really wasn't an environment that was welcoming to negotiation. If you're offered a job there you pretty much take it or not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Walmart in August 2010.

I had one interview pretty simple questions about 2 days later got a phone call to go take drug test and within the next two weeks got hired.Enjoy working for walmart helping customers as much as possible good life experince for young people learn alot about people and proffessionalism.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewed by three managers no unexpected questions typical retail questions.   Answer Question

Overnight Stocker Interview

I was offered a cashier position I believe based on my gender when I clearly qualified for the stocking position. The interviews seemed rushed and my interviewer was nervous. The second interviewer had a poor grasp of English and had trouble reading the questions off of a paper.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked rhetorical questions about unions more than anything else   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lake Zurich, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Zurich, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart in June 2012.

There are two interviews. You first sit down with an assistant who asks you five predetermined questions for the position. They are usually about past work and school examples. You if you are affluent they will pass you along to the next hiring manager to vet you, usually an hourly supervisor. Then pass along to the drug test and background check. If you want to get hired at a higher hourly rate, fill out ALL the employment history for the last 10 years, even if it is a lie and submit you initial application that way. You CANNOT negotiate. Veterans also get higher hourly.

Interview Questions
    • There aren't really any. As long as you pass your drug test and background check your ok. We will hire non violent felons. We stay away from violence and theft related charges.   Answer Question
    No you are not able to negotiate.

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!