Walmart

Updated Jan 10, 2015

2.2

115 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Overnight Stocker Interview

Complete and waiting on process..will contact me in a week or two abt the job at hand...asked me if ive ever wrk wth this company before or have had any type of stocking experiences ...

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Overnight Stocker Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

First interviewer asked around 5 "Tell me about a time you..." type questions. Had a second interview right after the first that consisted of a position and pay description as well as a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • None of the question were really difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

interviewing for this company is a joke had two interviews and was later turned down for the excuse that I did not have stocker experience. How hard it is to open a box and put on a shelf.

Interview Questions
    • no difficult questions nor none were unexpected   View Answer

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

Quick easy interview . Simple questions . Not hard at all . Anybody can get a job here. Background check and drug test . Orientation in a week . Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Johns, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Johns, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart.

The entire process took about 3 days between the first interview drug screening and second interview. It was pretty fast and easy no crazy questions out of the norm.

Interview Questions
    • Do you do drugs? I just didn't see that question coming. Guess I didn't realize how big of an issue that was becoming.   View Answer
    N/A

Overnight Stocker Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Walmart in November 2014.

Interview process went well, they wanted me to work for them overnight, background check came back AFTER over a month of waiting saying i couldn't work for them when i do not even have any convictions!

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at walmart. . . because i need a job..really who wants to make $7.95/hr slaving?   Answer Question

Overnight Stocker Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart.

Usually one small phone interview followed by an in-person interview. This can be a one-one-one or a group interview. I was a part of a group. Nothing hard, just pass the drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Describe an instance in which you had to deal with a difficult customer.   View Answer
    They tell you what you're paid.

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

The interview was very simple. You interview with three different managers. If you get called back for a third interview you basically have the job. The job interview was about 20 minutes. The managers are pretty decent people. Just make sure to sell yourself.

Overnight Stocker Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Walmart in October 2014.

I applied online for a new store that was opening - A Neighborhood Walmart

I received a phone call about a week later asking if I was still interested in the position
    I said "Yes" of course
    The lady of the phone gave me instructions to go to the mall where they had set up a place to interview since the main store wasn't complete yet.

I was interviewed by a panel of what was initially 2 managers and somewhere midway a third manager came to interview me as well.

I was asked very straight-forward questions that were NOT STAR at all which threw me off a bit.

"Name a time when you provided customer service..."
    "Name a time when you worked on a team..."
    "Name a time when your views conflicted with another member of your team and how was it resolved"
    "Name a time when a process wasn't followed. What was the process and what happened?"

I answered them flawlessly and the female interviewer said that she liked me verbally

I told them that I was currently working at BBY and that I preferred part-time since Walmart doesn't typically bring in people FT off the bat. They all looked at each other puzzled and said that isn't true - I was then told FT would be possible and the female interviewer asked if I would leave BBY if offered a FT position with them - I told them I would.

I was called back to speak with the Store Manager 2 days later

This was another weird experience
    The SM had my work experience in his hand and sat down with me and went through it
    I'd had prior Walmart experience on there which was only 6 months at one store and a month at another
    I'd explained why I stayed as long as I did and he leveled with me and asked me
    Are you looking for a job or a career?

I told him that I was looking for a career and he basically detailed the options that I had for longevity with the company
    He mentioned that he typically doesn't hire anyone on FT until they have proven that they are willing to stay with the company so I was under the impression I would be PT and after that I was given the position

A little added surprise was that I thought I would be PT but after deliberation (which my wife can confirm) they decided to bring me in as a FT employee.

The store opens January 2015 but we will be training at another location in the meantime by December 2014

I was offered $9,70 based off experience and the extra dollar for being over night.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart in October 2014.

The interview was easy. Answered a few questions and was told to come back for a second interview. I did and was not interviewed. Just signed some paperwork to do background check and drug test. Easier than other places I have interviewed. The pay is non negotiable as they use a pay scale, so experience does not matter. Which really stinks.

Interview Questions
    non negotiable pay and experience does not matter to Wal-Mart. Negotiate to a better paying position if possible.