Walmart

Average Difficulty
85 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Oxford, PA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Walmart in August 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted application online and was called within 48 hours. First interview and second interview happened on same day. The first interviewer told me I was overqualified for the job so I should be able to move up quickly. Second interviewer kept getting confused as to what position I was interviewing for due to volume of interviews she had been conducting. I had the 3rd interview via phone. Offer was done in 10 minutes, after noting that they had me listed for a different position for less pay than discussed.

Interview Question – For an overnight stocker, a number of the questions were ones more suited to a managerial applicant.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – When I originally discussed with them salary I was told one amount, but it turned out to be $2.50 less per hour, including shift differential.

Everett, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart in June 2012.

Interview Details – Be sure to call and check on your application a few days after you apply. There are 3 interviews before you get hired, but the 3rd one is just a formality. My first interview was a pretty normal interview. I dressed well and interviewed well so they asked me back for a 2nd interview the next day. My 2nd interview was with a management associate rather than the personel lady and that went fine. They had me wait about half an hour for the 3rd interview. The 3rd interview is just where you meet the store manager "to make sure you can work together". You will probably never work with the store manager. Really what it is, if you get to that point you are pretty much hired. Meeting the store manager is really just about making sure he/she doesn't hate you. Be polite and respectful and take all her questions seriously. After she oks it, they will give you the job offer. You except and then go for drug testing. A few days of orientation after that and then you're on the floor.

Interview Question – Honestly all the interview questions were very standard. Nothing new or unexpected. Just be prepared and you'll do fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It really wasn't an environment that was welcoming to negotiation. If you're offered a job there you pretty much take it or not.

Memphis, TN

I applied in-person - interviewed at Walmart in August 2010.

Interview Details – I had one interview pretty simple questions about 2 days later got a phone call to go take drug test and within the next two weeks got hired.Enjoy working for walmart helping customers as much as possible good life experince for young people learn alot about people and proffessionalism.

Interview Question – Interviewed by three managers no unexpected questions typical retail questions.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Walmart

Interview Details – I was offered a cashier position I believe based on my gender when I clearly qualified for the stocking position. The interviews seemed rushed and my interviewer was nervous. The second interviewer had a poor grasp of English and had trouble reading the questions off of a paper.

Interview Question – I was asked rhetorical questions about unions more than anything else   Answer Question

Lake Zurich, IL

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart in June 2012.

Interview Details – There are two interviews. You first sit down with an assistant who asks you five predetermined questions for the position. They are usually about past work and school examples. You if you are affluent they will pass you along to the next hiring manager to vet you, usually an hourly supervisor. Then pass along to the drug test and background check. If you want to get hired at a higher hourly rate, fill out ALL the employment history for the last 10 years, even if it is a lie and submit you initial application that way. You CANNOT negotiate. Veterans also get higher hourly.

Interview Question – There aren't really any. As long as you pass your drug test and background check your ok. We will hire non violent felons. We stay away from violence and theft related charges.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No you are not able to negotiate.

Montrose, OH

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Go a call from walmart they wanted a interview, did terrible pn the first because as at night but the woman interviewing me liked me and passed me to the next interview, second interview was much more of the same except with 3 people. Was much easier than the first. 3rd interview was signing some papers and taking the drug test.

Interview Question – Name a time when you and a team mate got into a disagreement and how did you solve it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I basically signed some papers and they gave me the salary..was no negotiating.

Bakersfield, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Walmart in May 2011.

Interview Details – Sly interviewed me and help me thru the process

Overnight Stocker

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Phone interview due to veteran's preference.

Interview Question – N/A, there really weren't any questions asked pertaining to work.   Answer Question

Overnight Stocker

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Received a call to go in and interview the next day. Arrived a little early so sat a few minutes before being taken back. After I was taken back, I interviewed with one guy asking a couple questions about past work history. After this I moved on to another interview with another man who just gauged interest for the job. The last lady I interviewed with let me know which hours I would be working.

Interview Question – I was mostly surprised by the amount of questions encountered. I was first asked questions by the first person to interview me, but after that I was asked the same amount of questions by the next two follow up interviews.   Answer Question

South Clermont, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in February 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by HR to come in for an interview. The interview at my particular store, was kind of awkward, as I was interviewed by 3 members of management and personnel. After the conclusion of the first interview, I was invited to come back the same day for a second round of interviews, this time by a seperate panel of management and personnel. Upon completion of the second interview, they went over salary, verified availability, given papers for a drug screening, and had to sign authorization for a background check. I can only assume they are looking for instances of theft on the background, as I had some misdemeanor charges from several years prior. After a period of about 2 weeks, I was again contacted by HR to come in for orientation.

Interview Question – Really, none of the questions they ask are particularly difficult. They basically just ask you to provide instances from past work or other experiences, in which you demonstrated problem solving abilities, and the ability to work as a team.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Walmart

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!

Walmart Videos

Walmart – Why Work for Us?

Our Businesses Our mission is to save people money so they can live better. And every division, business unit and department that makes up Walmart is committed to using our company’s size and scale to make the biggest… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walmart Overnight Stocker interview questions and advice. All 85 interview reviews posted anonymously by Walmart employees and interview candidates.