Walmart

Updated Nov 19, 2014

2.2

111 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

Quick easy interview . Simple questions . Not hard at all . Anybody can get a job here. Background check and drug test . Orientation in a week . Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah .

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, OH

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

Applied, two weeks later got a call from the Walmart in Wilmington, went for two interviews, told I would be contacted for a third. Never heard from them. Told them what shift I could work (2nd and third). Week later called from Hillsboro Walmart. Went for two interviews. Told to have my references contact them. Had my references contact them and they asked the dumbiest questions that my references ever heard. (Was I a violent person and if I would hurt someone) both of my references thought that was odd, and told them no of course. But that seemed like a un heard of question.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult. Ask " have you ever, or what would you do or how have you", type questions. I was told by the second Walmart that I would get the shift I wanted but it will only last until Dec 31. Then they may or may not keep me on as this is seasonal. I do know that the money they offered is not much $9.00 only. They kept telling me that it is hard work and that maybe I would want something easier. Almost like they do not want people to come there and work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Johns, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Johns, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart.

The entire process took about 3 days between the first interview drug screening and second interview. It was pretty fast and easy no crazy questions out of the norm.

Interview Questions
    • Do you do drugs? I just didn't see that question coming. Guess I didn't realize how big of an issue that was becoming.   View Answer
    N/A

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

The interview was very simple. You interview with three different managers. If you get called back for a third interview you basically have the job. The job interview was about 20 minutes. The managers are pretty decent people. Just make sure to sell yourself.

Overnight Stocker Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart.

Usually one small phone interview followed by an in-person interview. This can be a one-one-one or a group interview. I was a part of a group. Nothing hard, just pass the drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Describe an instance in which you had to deal with a difficult customer.   View Answer
    They tell you what you're paid.

Overnight Stocker Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Walmart in October 2014.

I applied online for a new store that was opening - A Neighborhood Walmart

I received a phone call about a week later asking if I was still interested in the position
    I said "Yes" of course
    The lady of the phone gave me instructions to go to the mall where they had set up a place to interview since the main store wasn't complete yet.

I was interviewed by a panel of what was initially 2 managers and somewhere midway a third manager came to interview me as well.

I was asked very straight-forward questions that were NOT STAR at all which threw me off a bit.

"Name a time when you provided customer service..."
    "Name a time when you worked on a team..."
    "Name a time when your views conflicted with another member of your team and how was it resolved"
    "Name a time when a process wasn't followed. What was the process and what happened?"

I answered them flawlessly and the female interviewer said that she liked me verbally

I told them that I was currently working at BBY and that I preferred part-time since Walmart doesn't typically bring in people FT off the bat. They all looked at each other puzzled and said that isn't true - I was then told FT would be possible and the female interviewer asked if I would leave BBY if offered a FT position with them - I told them I would.

I was called back to speak with the Store Manager 2 days later

This was another weird experience
    The SM had my work experience in his hand and sat down with me and went through it
    I'd had prior Walmart experience on there which was only 6 months at one store and a month at another
    I'd explained why I stayed as long as I did and he leveled with me and asked me
    Are you looking for a job or a career?

I told him that I was looking for a career and he basically detailed the options that I had for longevity with the company
    He mentioned that he typically doesn't hire anyone on FT until they have proven that they are willing to stay with the company so I was under the impression I would be PT and after that I was given the position

A little added surprise was that I thought I would be PT but after deliberation (which my wife can confirm) they decided to bring me in as a FT employee.

The store opens January 2015 but we will be training at another location in the meantime by December 2014

I was offered $9,70 based off experience and the extra dollar for being over night.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart in October 2014.

The interview was easy. Answered a few questions and was told to come back for a second interview. I did and was not interviewed. Just signed some paperwork to do background check and drug test. Easier than other places I have interviewed. The pay is non negotiable as they use a pay scale, so experience does not matter. Which really stinks.

Interview Questions
    non negotiable pay and experience does not matter to Wal-Mart. Negotiate to a better paying position if possible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart in September 2014.

Recieved a call in the a.m. then went in that same night(1st. Interview) Second day recieved another call in the a.m. to go it that same night for (2nd interview) both different manager's.

Interview Questions
    I still have a third interview which they told me was to drug test and contact references. If I can come back and answer this question after that last interview I will update you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garland, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart in September 2014.

I applied online on a Saturday and got a call the next Saturday to come in for an interview that Monday morning I went into the store told an employee i was there for an interview she lead me to the employee lounge to wait there were employees in there eating lunch. The interview started with her reviewing my application. She asked me three questions total all situational no tell Me about yourself I aced the interview there was only one interview she interviewed me I had to sign a few papers including one for a drug test. It was an easy interview. I took the drug test yesterday and got a call today to go in for orientation on Friday I'm happy to start my first job

Interview Questions
    • How do you communicate your ideas with other people ? Something like that   View Answer
    • Name a time where you exceeded someone's expectations.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had a limited amount of time to do something how did you get it done ?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation I was offered $8.50 an hour which is higher than minimum wage in Texas and also higher than daytime workers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garland, TX

I applied online on a Saturday and got called the following Saturday by the manager who told me to come for an interview that Monday morning the interview was much easier and laid back than I had expected I was asked 3 questions total all situational type questions she then gave me a few papers to fill out and a drug test order to be completed within 24 hours I took the drug test yesterday morning and was called today to go into orientation on Friday.

Interview Questions
    • How do you communicate your ideas with others ?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation you take it or leave it