Walmart Overnight Stocker Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.2

Overnight Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart.

Interview

The interview was pretty straightforward. I don't even remember being asked any silly behavior questions. They told me about the job and asked if I could do it. It was more of a conversation and less of an interview.

Interview Questions

• They just asked about my previous work history and what I did at those jobs.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hickory Creek, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Walmart (Hickory Creek, TX).

Interview

Repetitive questions, moves quick once the managers sit with you. You find out right then if you get the job if they offer you a drug test. If your not offered a drug test after the interview you more than likely didnt get the job unless they schedule to meet with another manager.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with a irritate customer, what was the issue and how did you deal with it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Junction, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart (Grand Junction, CO).

Interview

Interviewed with 3 different managers, which to me was overextending the process. They all asked pretty much the same things(after working there, I realized they don't communicate with each other very well).

Overnight Stocker Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

FELT like a pack rat and a herd of cattle, they didnt even look at my application set me up for drug test said I had the job and then said OPPS< we over hired

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for walmart   3 Answers

they lied

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watchung, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart (Watchung, NJ).

Interview

The managers introduced themselves (there were two). We reviewed my application and I signed off that the information was correct, the info that needed corrections I fixed. The both were taking turns asking questions along the lines of how I have dealt with past issues when I had to take on leadership roles. Even, when I had to go above and beyond in order to satisfy a customer etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to go above and beyond your regular duties to make sure a customer was satisfied.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart (Springfield, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

Started with applying online, then I received a call the next day to come in for an interview. The next day I had an interview, and after I passed it I went to the second interview. After I passed the second interview, they gave me a job offer and had me sign a release for a background check and get a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for excellent customer service. What did you do, and how did the customer respond to it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when a customer was very upset. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • If you had a lot of assignments due at the same time, how did you prioritize your assignments to get the work done in a timely manner with the best effort possible? Tell me about the steps you took to get the job done right and on time.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Walmart (Tampa, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Very easy basic questions that usually have nothing to do with the interview. I kept meeting with the store manager so he could see how interested I was in getting the job positions they just need people to put groceries in the freezer section you shouldn't have any problems the only downside is probably how long you have to wait to get the interview

Interview Questions

• I will give examples and you tell me what you would do in that situation would you steal from the store ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Linden, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Walmart (Linden, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied at the Kiosk and passed the assessment, that took almost 2 hours. I was called a month later to come in for an interview the next day. I arrived at 11am for an 11:15 interview, after about 30 mins a man came out took the person before me and said he'd "be back in a few minutes to take me back to the interview." A half hour later, an associate checked what was going on and said "someone would be right out to do my interview." After yet another hour(I've now been there for 2 full hours!!!) I told an associate behind the walmart.com services counter to cross my name off the list and that I was leaving because any company that would treat prospective employees that badly, I don't want to work for. Between the application, assessment, and the non-interview, it was a complete waste of almost five and a half hours out of my time to get absolutely nowhere. It makes me not want to even shop there if that's how they're going to treat there employees/interviewees.

Interview Questions

• None/ never got passed the two hour+ waiting time after I was told the entire process would take "less than an hour".   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Walmart (Memphis, TN) in February 2015.

Interview

It took longer than I expect. Maybe due to the weather. The orientation actually lasted the full 8hrs. So be prepared to sit in a room for 8hrs. With the normal 2 15 minute break and 1 hr lunch.

Interview Questions

• Just describe a time you been put in certain situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart (Portland, OR) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call the day after, scheduling me for an 8:00am interview the following day. I arrived, entered the store and informed the staff that I was there for an interview. They told me to wait. They did not tell me where to wait, so I stood near the customer service desk for 15-20 minutes. Walmart staff were talking to each other nearby and I could hear them wonder why I was there. The manager was late to work, so I had to wait for him apparently. No one told me what was going on and they did not seem to care. Finally, they bring me into a small break room for the interview. They said they usually do group interviews, but this time it was just me. Two men would be interviewing me. I sat down, they asked me three quick interview questions and I filled out some paperwork. They spoke about the job and told me what to expect, ect. They very much acted like I got the job. The interview took 10 minutes tops. When it was over, they told me to wait (again, they did not tell me where to wait, so I was confused) and they went into a room to discuss. About 5 minutes later, one of them came back and said I should 'definitely expect a call from them soon', especially since they had a lot of openings for what I was looking for. I never received a call back. I called after a week to follow up and a staff member said the recruiter was in orientation and they would 'write my name and number down' for them to look at and get back to me. To this day, I was never called back. The staff there seem disorganized and uncaring.