Walmart

Average Difficulty
88 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tallahassee, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in July 2014.

Interview Details – Applied two weeks ago, interviewed last Thursday, was hired the same day, and started orientation today. Questions were very easy and the most basic interview questions you can get be sure to play up multi tasking skills. Very quick and painless process

Interview Question – None of the questions were particularly difficult. I only had 3, basic questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation pay starts at 9.35 was in need of a job so I took it

Marana, AZ

I applied in-person - interviewed at Walmart in January 2013.

Interview Details – Initial interview was long, alot of questions the process was ong, had to wait for enough people to have a class for orientation, took a month and a half to start orientation.

Interview Question – What would you have to offer the company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple and fast, I was offered more that I expected to get.

Lexington, SC

I applied online - interviewed at Walmart in May 2013.

Interview Details – Fill out an application online, wait for a call, schedule an interview time, interview, get accepted, get drug tested, wait for a call for training, spend a day with HR on incredibly slow computers learning through modules and completing tests, schedule your first day of work, and go to work.

Interview Question – The most difficult/unexpected part was the lack of variety of questions even though they were reading from a script.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There really isn't much room for negotiating. If you don't take the job as they offer it then they'll find some person just evicted from jail, or high school drop out, or college failure, or single mother who will accept the job because such people are in no short supply.

Oxford, PA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Walmart in August 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted application online and was called within 48 hours. First interview and second interview happened on same day. The first interviewer told me I was overqualified for the job so I should be able to move up quickly. Second interviewer kept getting confused as to what position I was interviewing for due to volume of interviews she had been conducting. I had the 3rd interview via phone. Offer was done in 10 minutes, after noting that they had me listed for a different position for less pay than discussed.

Interview Question – For an overnight stocker, a number of the questions were ones more suited to a managerial applicant.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – When I originally discussed with them salary I was told one amount, but it turned out to be $2.50 less per hour, including shift differential.

Everett, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart in June 2012.

Interview Details – Be sure to call and check on your application a few days after you apply. There are 3 interviews before you get hired, but the 3rd one is just a formality. My first interview was a pretty normal interview. I dressed well and interviewed well so they asked me back for a 2nd interview the next day. My 2nd interview was with a management associate rather than the personel lady and that went fine. They had me wait about half an hour for the 3rd interview. The 3rd interview is just where you meet the store manager "to make sure you can work together". You will probably never work with the store manager. Really what it is, if you get to that point you are pretty much hired. Meeting the store manager is really just about making sure he/she doesn't hate you. Be polite and respectful and take all her questions seriously. After she oks it, they will give you the job offer. You except and then go for drug testing. A few days of orientation after that and then you're on the floor.

Interview Question – Honestly all the interview questions were very standard. Nothing new or unexpected. Just be prepared and you'll do fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It really wasn't an environment that was welcoming to negotiation. If you're offered a job there you pretty much take it or not.

Interviewed at Walmart

Interview Details – I was offered a cashier position I believe based on my gender when I clearly qualified for the stocking position. The interviews seemed rushed and my interviewer was nervous. The second interviewer had a poor grasp of English and had trouble reading the questions off of a paper.

Interview Question – I was asked rhetorical questions about unions more than anything else   Answer Question

Memphis, TN

I applied in-person - interviewed at Walmart in August 2010.

Interview Details – I had one interview pretty simple questions about 2 days later got a phone call to go take drug test and within the next two weeks got hired.Enjoy working for walmart helping customers as much as possible good life experince for young people learn alot about people and proffessionalism.

Interview Question – Interviewed by three managers no unexpected questions typical retail questions.   Answer Question

Lake Zurich, IL

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart in June 2012.

Interview Details – There are two interviews. You first sit down with an assistant who asks you five predetermined questions for the position. They are usually about past work and school examples. You if you are affluent they will pass you along to the next hiring manager to vet you, usually an hourly supervisor. Then pass along to the drug test and background check. If you want to get hired at a higher hourly rate, fill out ALL the employment history for the last 10 years, even if it is a lie and submit you initial application that way. You CANNOT negotiate. Veterans also get higher hourly.

Interview Question – There aren't really any. As long as you pass your drug test and background check your ok. We will hire non violent felons. We stay away from violence and theft related charges.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No you are not able to negotiate.

Montrose, OH

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Go a call from walmart they wanted a interview, did terrible pn the first because as at night but the woman interviewing me liked me and passed me to the next interview, second interview was much more of the same except with 3 people. Was much easier than the first. 3rd interview was signing some papers and taking the drug test.

Interview Question – Name a time when you and a team mate got into a disagreement and how did you solve it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I basically signed some papers and they gave me the salary..was no negotiating.

Bakersfield, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Walmart in May 2011.

Interview Details – Sly interviewed me and help me thru the process

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!