Walmart Overnight Stocker Interview Questions

Updated Oct 25, 2014

2.2

104 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Overnight Stocker Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart.

Usually one small phone interview followed by an in-person interview. This can be a one-one-one or a group interview. I was a part of a group. Nothing hard, just pass the drug test.

Interview Questions
  • Describe an instance in which you had to deal with a difficult customer.   View Answer
They tell you what you're paid.

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Overnight Stocker Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

The interview was very simple. You interview with three different managers. If you get called back for a third interview you basically have the job. The job interview was about 20 minutes. The managers are pretty decent people. Just make sure to sell yourself.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart in September 2014.

Recieved a call in the a.m. then went in that same night(1st. Interview) Second day recieved another call in the a.m. to go it that same night for (2nd interview) both different manager's.

Interview Questions
    I still have a third interview which they told me was to drug test and contact references. If I can come back and answer this question after that last interview I will update you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garland, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart in September 2014.

I applied online on a Saturday and got a call the next Saturday to come in for an interview that Monday morning I went into the store told an employee i was there for an interview she lead me to the employee lounge to wait there were employees in there eating lunch. The interview started with her reviewing my application. She asked me three questions total all situational no tell Me about yourself I aced the interview there was only one interview she interviewed me I had to sign a few papers including one for a drug test. It was an easy interview. I took the drug test yesterday and got a call today to go in for orientation on Friday I'm happy to start my first job

Interview Questions
    • How do you communicate your ideas with other people ? Something like that   View Answer
    • Name a time where you exceeded someone's expectations.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had a limited amount of time to do something how did you get it done ?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation I was offered $8.50 an hour which is higher than minimum wage in Texas and also higher than daytime workers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garland, TX

I applied online on a Saturday and got called the following Saturday by the manager who told me to come for an interview that Monday morning the interview was much easier and laid back than I had expected I was asked 3 questions total all situational type questions she then gave me a few papers to fill out and a drug test order to be completed within 24 hours I took the drug test yesterday morning and was called today to go into orientation on Friday.

Interview Questions
    • How do you communicate your ideas with others ?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation you take it or leave it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lorain, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lorain, OH

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walmart in September 2014.

Three days after I applied online, I was called in for an interview the next day. I was interviewed by one manager, then by three others in a second interview immediately following the first. They were all really nice and weren't really intimidating. In both interviews, I was asked four different "Name a time when..." questions.

After the interview went well, they needed to contact my references before moving forward. Four days later I received my job offer, and filled out background check form, and took my drug test at another location.

Five days later, I got the call letting me know that I passed my drug test and background check. Then I was told when orientation was.

You get paid a predetermined amount depending on your position and the hours you work.

Overnight Stocker Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart in September 2014.

I applied online and the process took about a week. I got a call in the afternoon to set up an interview. Went in in the AM and had my first interview with a low level manager, super nice and friendly. The questions were very detailed and most were 3 parts. At first they seemed overwhelming, but if you just take your time the answers will come flowing out, you can use any experience you have to answer the questions, not just experience that may pertain to the job in which you applied. The first one seemed to take the longest, maybe because I was anxious, I don't know, but they send you back out to wait for your second interview, which is with a manager a step higher. The second interview is basically the same as the first, pretty much the same questions in a little different order and phrased just a tad different. Good thing is on the second interview it is with someone different so you can basically use the same answers you used to answer the first and that's okay, that way most of the hard work is over. They again send you out once more to wait for the third and final interview. There they inform you about what position you are being hired for, go over your availability, and pay. Then your sent to the personnel office to get dress code papers, sign off on a background check, and paperwork to go take your drug test, which must be done within 24 hours of that time. I left and went to take it and wait for 3 days for them to get the results of everything back and I got a phone call to set up my first day which is an orientation day.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you provided excellent customer service. What did you do? And what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    I didn't try to negotiate because I felt as though the offer was fair.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gun Barrel City, Henderson, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gun Barrel City, Henderson, TX

I applied in-person – interviewed at Walmart.

2 interviews, Took 3 weeks to begin working. Told me originally my 10 years experience would be considered, They said I should be able to make more 11.00 hr. They Lied. Everyone is started at
    $8.00 or Less. When you get your job offer. It does not matter what they told you before. Your offer will be minumum wage. They said if work hard you can try and get more than .40 cents raise once a year. Trust me you cannot. I was told by a young mother of two that she was late 4 times in one
    year. And got no raise because of that.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult but always stay positive dont complain about your past employers or co workers.   Answer Question
    In 6 mos. They said, You can get raise if you prove yourself.
    I have been a professional for many years before being hired by Walmart. I have never worked for less than 16,00 an hour.
    In the four years I have gotten 4 raises , 4 excellent reviews 4X40.cents=$ 1.60 After 4 years. I am serious! I have not taken
    1 sick day or been late one time. That is the real story.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orland Hills, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orland Hills, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart in August 2014.

Out of the 20+ jobs I had applied at, Walmart was the only one to call me back and offer me an initial interview (mind you, I did follow up with every single other job I applied at). Since I had applied for about 75% of the listed positions, he asked me if I was okay with interviewing for Overnight stocking, for which I told him "yes, not a problem." I went in for the initial interview with him at 11:30 pm, which ended up being 3 interviews in a row, each about 15 minutes long; One with him (Assistant manager), one with one of the Support managers, and another with one of the Shift managers. All 3 were very nice people, and were quick and right to the point on exactly what was expected of me, what they were offering, how the job would be, and how the rest of the on-boarding process would go. After meeting with the Shift manager, I was handed a drug-test form and told where to go the next day, and after I had gone to take my drug-test, I got a call back within the next week and told when to come in for my first day of Orientation. The whole process was smooth and very direct on what to do, and how to do it.

There was no negotiating. They laid out exactly what was being offered and how to go about completing my hiring process, for which I accepted everything and now I work for Walmart. It's very cut and dry.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart in July 2014.

first they called me they wanted me stop by their location ,i went there my interview conducted by associate,easy ,relaxed and questions are pretty simple mostly 6 or 7 .

Interview Questions
    • technical questions are like have you ever been a situation that you have to complete task annd how would you complete or what tools you used kind of questions   Answer Question
    i would not havenegociated my salary that time i needed the job so badly. ask before how much they paying for that position be awere.