Walmart

1.8

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Walmart.

Internal promotion. Passed supervisor level assessment and Updated current employment preferences, asked management for the opportunity to step up and fill in during current support manager absences and waited for a position to open up. Spent several months filling in on an as needed basis to show that I could perform the essential duties of the job. Selected from the pool of interviewees as the best candidate. Standard "tell me a time when" questions.

Interview Questions
None, take it or leave it.

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart in March 2012.

candidate gets interviewed. if sucessful you will have to submit to a drug test. after successful drug analyses, you will be complete cbl's (career based learning) for a week. after cbl, you will start on the job training.

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Many, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Many, LA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart in April 2011.

I spoke to another support manager, assistant managers, and the interim store manager to let them know I was interested in the job. I put this in my career preferences and took a personality test.

I was asked to have an interview with the store manager and two assistant managers. This took place 10 minutes after I was notified. It felt very informal, because I knew two of the interviewers pretty well.

I was able to relate my answers to experiences that these managers shared with me. The store manager was very confident and quick to question me about a judgment call I had made as a Customer Service Manager. I tried to be humble and share my weaknesses and well as my strengths.

My advice is to have an answer for any question given, even if you have to use personal details not related to the job.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you were very busy and needed to prioritize the tasks ahead of you   View Answer
    • Explain a situation where you had to explain the details of a situation. How did you make sure they understood what you were saying?   View Answer
    There was no negotiating except me reminding them I wanted the job. We were in the process of changing store managers and so I had to stay on my toes to remind busy people that I was interested. The career preference dashboard shares what our pay changes will be in most jobs like this one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jasper, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jasper, AL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart in December 2010.

I think the way WalMart does it pretty much if you get a call and can pass a drug test you can get a hourly associate job no matter what. I you want to be a supervisor you have got to usually have experience working in the store already they usually don't just let anyone come in as a department manager, customer service manager, or any old thing without working there some first as a regular associate.

Interview Questions
    • The questions sometimes seem to repeat. A lot of tell a time when and you have to give an example.   Answer Question
    They tell you what you will make based on what job no negotiation phase.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centereach, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centereach, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart in June 2010.

Had to be approved by another manager to even get position. I worked as an overnight stocker for 5 years prior and they finally asked.
    Fired or quit manangers years before asked why I wasn't one before.
    I didn't take things personally and did my job well regardless.
    They ask asinine questions like if you ever saved a life.
    if you ever worked retail
    they dont pay that much better if you do, or they just don't like too much experience due to increase in pay.
    they can hire a 18 year old then and pay a joke wage.
    they hire people with records and mental patients to keep a quota from the government.
    I mean socio path people, and also they did hire a pedophile once.

Interview Questions
    • Asked two times and after I blew them off, they relented.   View Answer