Walmart

Getting the Interview

31 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Had to pass 3 interviews, each a different level of management, after initial personality assessment and background check. Then sent for drug screening. Interviews themselves were pretty short, the longest lasting maybe 20 minutes, but this can depend on your answers. Questions were of typical retail nature: problem-solving, customer service, stressful situations, etc. Orientation was in a group setting, and work started that first day after a tour of the building and some introductory company videos. HR Manager remained very personable and lively, even after answering many of the same questions over and over.

Interview Question – When you have a customer who is angry or difficult, and nothing you say or do seems to appease the customer, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Heard from a friend that works in the pharmacy that they were hiring. So I applied online. Heard back within a week for an interview. Dressed well for interview. Immediately sat down with a supervisor in a training room (had computers all around, and new hires were doing training on them.. so it wasn't private at all) Supervisor was nice, didn't really ask me anything about about myself or any personal questions. Was asked about 6-7 questions total, and they were all situation-questions.. Example "Name a time when you had to do ........... in a past job" "Describe a time when this happened, and how you handled it". She read directly from a packet of questions, and noted comments on the papers of what I was saying. She seems uninterested the whole time, like she had other things on her mind than my interview (even though I was upbeat, professional, and nice). After about 6-7 questions (around 10-15 mins) she went to a room and spoke with another lady, they closed the door so I couldn't hear what they were saying. She came back out about 3 minutes later and said that the Pharmacy manager was coming to speak with me. She left and he came in a few minutes later, and basically did the exact same thing she did. He asked me more situation questions (around 5 questions, about 10 minutes)- and some where in the same question she had already asked, just worded differently. He said thanks and he would be in touch with me... Since I felt like situation questions weren't really "Selling" me to them, I actually asked him a few questions I wanted answered such as "How many hours does this position usually have..." "Whats the typical pay for this position"..etc.I also told him a little about myself and why I wanted to work there and why I would be a good fit. Even though he never asked me these things. We wrapped things up, and he said he would let me know something by the end of the following week. I waited 3-4 weeks after, and still never heard anything from them. I assumed they had chosen another person (I hadn't called to check on the process though, because at that time I was sure if I wanted the position or not). Today, 3-4 weeks later after the first interview, I received a voice mail to call them back. Called them back, and they want me to come in for a drug testing, and the lady said a they were going to offer me a job if I passed the drug test. I haven't accepted it yet (even though I have to choose an option on here) I'm waiting on what they will offer me, and to negotiate hours.

Interview Question – Just situation-questions. Before you go in, just reflect on difficult situations in past job experiences.   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in December 2013.

Interview Details – Walked in to ask about job openings at the pharmacy. Scheduled for an in-person interview 2 weeks later.

Interview Question – Name a time where you had to step up and take over a situation   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Hourly pay was already set.

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Walmart in February 2009.

Interview Details – they make walmart give you interview instead of pharmacist

Interview Question – stupid walmart questions,like how can u help customer shopping experience better   View Answer

Negotiation Details – days and hours i could work

Pharmacy Technician

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Theres about 3 levels of interviews. Sometimes they are done all at once, sometimes they schedule them on different days.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you did this or that   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You don't negotiate. This is walmart. You obviously are only applying because there is nothing else available. So you get what you get. And the pay is very low. Sometimes just a few cents above minimum wage.

Plainwell, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in September 2010.

Interview Details – simple two tier interview process. a lot of behavioral and situational questions are asked. the second interview was pretty much the same as the first interview but with the questions worded differently.

Interview Question – I can't recall any one question that stands out   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – At the time, I was already a current Walmart employee. The interview for a Pharmacy Technician was for a position that would have been a move up from my then-current role. The opening was at a store different from the one I was working at at the time.

Interview Question – None of the questions was difficult or unexpected. Most were similar to those I was asked when I was first hired on. The closest example to a "most difficult question" was one involving how I handled a challenging customer.   View Answer

Oklahoma City, OK

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in May 2011.

Interview Details – I worked in a different department to start so hiring for pharmacy technician was as easy as changing my interest in the computer in the personnel office.

Rincon, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart in September 2009.

Interview Details – very easy ask basic question and some on how you would answer or handle it. Drug test too

Negotiation Details – easy because there is no negotiation, take it or leave it

Ocoee, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart in February 2011.

Interview Details – People skills, data entry, sig codes, brand/generic, able to read prescriptions, multi task

Interview Question – not sure   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Walmart

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!

Walmart Videos

Walmart – Why Work for Us?

Our Businesses Our mission is to save people money so they can live better. And every division, business unit and department that makes up Walmart is committed to using our company’s size and scale to make the biggest… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walmart Pharmacy Technician interview questions and advice. All 31 interview reviews posted anonymously by Walmart employees and interview candidates.