Walmart Pharmacy Technician Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Walmart (Fairfield, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online interested in pharmacy technician, another Walmart did invite me for interview for unrelated position of truck unloader just for applying to anything they said, and dropped off resume at a local Walmart, not sure which one got me the phone interview later for pharmacy technician, if interested they invite you to an in person interview and drug test usually later same day. They said hiring part time 35 hours per week about $14/hr.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in pharmacy?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Walmart (Deerfield Beach, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Filled out application, got a short phone interview about a month later, two days later in person interview, shortly after that I was called in to do the standard paper work for HR. Regretfully decline since they took too long and I had a much better offer from a different pharmacy.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle several task at once ? how did your prioritize them?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Walmart.

Interview

I applied and the next day I got a call from the Pharmacy manager to schedule an interview for two days after that. When I got to the store I went to the Pharmacy and one of the workers lead me to the Personnel Manager. She interviewed me very briefly, and then the Pharmacist came to interview me as well. It took 30 minutes approximately. And they called me in a three day period.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a difficult customer?   1 Answer
    • How good are you at multitasking?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work in this field?   Answer Question
    • Have you every been in a position, at work or at school, where you've had to be the leader? How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What do you think about deadlines?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

It took forever to finally get a interview after calling millions of time..Finally got a interview, was told it went great, but never got a call back..waste of time. Never heard back and was lied too when i called to check on status of interview

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

Interview

I applied online. A week later they called to schedule an interview. Met with the store manager and pharmacist to be interviewed. They asked a lot of situational questions and questions where you must explain a time when u...... After the interview, it took about 3 weeks for them to follow up on the job offer.

Interview Questions

• When was a time when you were given a difficult task and how did you go about completing it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. I should have, but I did not negotiate. The starting rate seemed so low. Also, there were other people waiting to be offered a job AND they were in the same room as me. I think Walmart did this so people will not be comfortable enough to negotiate.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Walmart.

Interview

I was asking to come in for a face to face interview and met with the Pharmacy Manager. They asked a series of questions about your experience and behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when a customer made you upset and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Less questions than other competitors, lack of extensive behavioral interview questions, long days in-between interviewing and feedback to the candidate, drug test result was too slow to report to candidate.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Walmart.

Interview

One phone interview and two in person interviews done on the same day. They asked basic questions about my qualifications and they had a list of questions about how I would handle specific situations like dealing with a rude customer.

Interview Questions

• What about you that is not on the resume should I know?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart (Dublin, OH) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online to two stores and surprisingly heard back from both the next day, setting interviews up at both in the following week. I interviewed twice with each of the stores, while they were both 15 minutes from my home, each were offering different positions.

Honestly i loved the interview sessions because instead of those horrible questionnaires on the computer, I got to be questioned in person and respond in accordance to my own experiences. In one store :There were two interviews as the interviewer enjoyed me immensely and had me do both the same day with different managers then contacted my references.

Meanwhile the second gave me one interview, contacted my references, had me do my second interview that was followed a few moments later with my job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a challenge you've had when working on a team and how did it get resolved?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Since I was applying for a new store there were many positions opened and the managers were very accommodating, while I really wanted to work in the pharmacy, i was also looking for full time employment.

The position in the pharmacy was offered as part time with the possibility of quickly becoming full time in the coming months, however if I wanted the full time status immediately, my second choice in the electronics department was offered with the full time status.

I was given time to weigh the pro and cons before making my decision/.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Had to pass 3 interviews, each a different level of management, after initial personality assessment and background check. Then sent for drug screening. Interviews themselves were pretty short, the longest lasting maybe 20 minutes, but this can depend on your answers. Questions were of typical retail nature: problem-solving, customer service, stressful situations, etc. Orientation was in a group setting, and work started that first day after a tour of the building and some introductory company videos. HR Manager remained very personable and lively, even after answering many of the same questions over and over.

Interview Questions

• When you have a customer who is angry or difficult, and nothing you say or do seems to appease the customer, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question