Walmart Pharmacy Technician Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.3

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was called the following day for an interview. Came in the next day and met with a department head as a sort of preliminary interview with the basic questions. Afterwards I was interviewed by the pharmacy manager, who seemed like they already knew they were going to hire me. They asked basically the same questions as the other interviewer, and overall it seemed pretty informal. I was pretty much unofficially offered the job on the spot, but they needed to do a background check and call my references before a formal offer could be made.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you dealt with a difficult customer, and how did you handle the situation? What questions did you ask?   Answer Question
  • Name a time where you had multiple tasks to complete. How did you prioritize?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (State College, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied and was called for an interview within an hour of applying. I had the interview that day. It went smooth was your typical interview . The department manager and another person interviewed me. Then I was offered the job upon completion of the drug test and background check.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to multitask Name a time you've dealt with someone difficult   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Deerfield Beach, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Filled out application, got a short phone interview about a month later, two days later in person interview, shortly after that I was called in to do the standard paper work for HR. Regretfully decline since they took too long and I had a much better offer from a different pharmacy.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle several task at once ? how did your prioritize them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Fairfield, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online interested in pharmacy technician, another Walmart did invite me for interview for unrelated position of truck unloader just for applying to anything they said, and dropped off resume at a local Walmart, not sure which one got me the phone interview later for pharmacy technician, if interested they invite you to an in person interview and drug test usually later same day. They said hiring part time 35 hours per week about $14/hr.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in pharmacy?   1 Answer

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

I applied and the next day I got a call from the Pharmacy manager to schedule an interview for two days after that. When I got to the store I went to the Pharmacy and one of the workers lead me to the Personnel Manager. She interviewed me very briefly, and then the Pharmacist came to interview me as well. It took 30 minutes approximately. And they called me in a three day period.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a difficult customer?   1 Answer
    • How good are you at multitasking?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work in this field?   Answer Question
    • Have you every been in a position, at work or at school, where you've had to be the leader? How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What do you think about deadlines?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

It took forever to finally get a interview after calling millions of time..Finally got a interview, was told it went great, but never got a call back..waste of time. Never heard back and was lied too when i called to check on status of interview

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

I applied online. A week later they called to schedule an interview. Met with the store manager and pharmacist to be interviewed. They asked a lot of situational questions and questions where you must explain a time when u...... After the interview, it took about 3 weeks for them to follow up on the job offer.

Interview Questions

• When was a time when you were given a difficult task and how did you go about completing it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. I should have, but I did not negotiate. The starting rate seemed so low. Also, there were other people waiting to be offered a job AND they were in the same room as me. I think Walmart did this so people will not be comfortable enough to negotiate.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

I was asking to come in for a face to face interview and met with the Pharmacy Manager. They asked a series of questions about your experience and behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when a customer made you upset and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Less questions than other competitors, lack of extensive behavioral interview questions, long days in-between interviewing and feedback to the candidate, drug test result was too slow to report to candidate.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

One phone interview and two in person interviews done on the same day. They asked basic questions about my qualifications and they had a list of questions about how I would handle specific situations like dealing with a rude customer.

Interview Questions

• What about you that is not on the resume should I know?   Answer Question