Walmart

Getting the Interview

8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – (This took place at their neighborhood market store) They ask a series of standard questions handed down from their corporate office regarding what you did to resolve customer issues, improve work policies etc. at a past job. Be prepared to answer these questions right away or it will get awkward quick. Both the dept. mgr. and asst. store mgr. just read the lengthy questions and sat there like brain dead dopes listening to your answers, seeming not to care at all.
In my opinion, a company as successful and filthy rich as walmart is they could easily afford to offer full time hours and pay their employees a living wage, but choose not to. My guess is most of the fat cats (upper mgmt) in the company are living quite well and don't care anything about the lowly pissant worker bees that actually do all the work in their stores. In my brief experience dealing with them it seemed like the (2) assistant managers were the ones doing all the work (mgmt. wise) and running the store.

Reason for Declining – Zero benefits, crummy PT hours, and a genuine low ball salary offer ( 60c over minimum wage).

Roxboro, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart in February 2013.

Interview Details – Took an online assessment and submitted an application, got a call a few days later and the next day went in for an interview. People were friendly but the interview questions were vague, unrelated to the job and very generic.

Interview Question – No question was difficult but the same type of question was asked multiple time, for example, "tell of a time in the past when you were faced with a challenging task, how did you react and what was the outcome"   Answer Question

Greenville, SC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Walmart in June 2009.

Interview Details – Had to call HR in order to get my resume pulled. Had a face to face meeting with Assistant Store Manager by asking to speak to him. Got an interview from first contact.

Interview Question – What was they most difficult time you had dealing with a customer. How did I handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They didn't give any negotiation. Tey said the job pays $9.00 do you accept?

Papillion, NE

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart in August 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process was pretty easy. The interview was a little off because the assistant manager set it up without telling the interviewer about it. Luckily the guy filling in was also a veteran and helped coach me through it to give the best answers possible. Plus it was an entry level position which meant I didn't need much experience.

Interview Question – A customer kept telling me that the price of bananas was too high and the ones we had were terrible, as if I had any control of pricing.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Fort Worth, TX

I applied online and interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – IF you have the interview you have the job

Negotiation Details – no wiggle room

DeKalb, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in June 2013.

Interview Details – Pretty standard interview. There are 3 interviews in total. One with a manager, another with another manager(the shift manager I believe), and the final one is pretty much to tell you that you've been hired.The interview questions are pretty basic. Expect a call for the interview at anytime of the day! I received the call at 10pm

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you had to handle an unsatisfied customer. What did you do, and what would you had done differently to handle the situation better?   Answer Question

Produce Clerk Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – I was called in yesterday for an interview..I came in today at 9:15a. On the phone I was told to go directly to us tomes service. When I got to customer service I was told to go far to te back of the store into Personnel.

I had no idea what position I applied for..according to the person interviewing me. I was placed in the produce department. Which I was not too thrilled about. I was only asked about 5 simple questions..name a time when things didn't go as planned and you had to use procedures to resolve the issue? .

I signed a few papers consenting a background check and drug test.

She said that there were three people interviewing for the position and that I should be hearing a call back for my second interview soon.

Produce Clerk Interview

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call a week later for an interview which was set up for the next morning. Was taken immediately back to HR who set me up in the employee lounge for my first interview which was 5 questions such as What was a time you went above and beyond the job's customer service requirements. What happened and what did you do and what was the outcome? All the questions were worded like this. I then had another interview with a manager in the HR office. 5 more questions of the same from him. He then had me sign for a background check and sent me off to have a drug test. It was a week later and I still hadn't heard anything back so I figured I didn't get it due to having 2 dui's. Well, they did call me and scheduled orientation and let me know I have to be in uniform for it. So off shopping I go!

Interview Question – None were difficult but I did choke on the last one with the 2nd manager and she gave me a moment to think about it while she made a quick call.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Take it or don't.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Walmart

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!

Walmart Videos

Walmart – Why Work for Us?

Our Businesses Our mission is to save people money so they can live better. And every division, business unit and department that makes up Walmart is committed to using our company’s size and scale to make the biggest… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walmart Produce Clerk interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Walmart employees and interview candidates.