Walmart

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Produce Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Lake, MI
Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Lake, MI

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart in November 2012.

They basically gave me the job. It wasn't about what you knew. It was who they wanted to fill it

Interview Questions
  • I really don't remember much of what they asked me. Mostly I told of my previous experience.   Answer Question
No negotiation. Just here's what you will make

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Produce Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart in April 2010.

This was a promotional interview, meaning it isn't the standard interview you would get if you just started at WalMart tomorrow. The standard interview process is you are interviewed by a Dept. Manager, then by an Assistant Manager, then you leave and if they like you, you are then brought back in, you are hired by a Co-Manager and told you need to go do a drug test.

The questions they will ask during the interview I can just tell are all situational questions, I think it's done this way so that no one can try to say it was discrimination if they weren't hired. As a manager there I had to take some tests via computer or learning pods lets call them, and one of them specifically stated not to get personal in interviews. Don't ask questions about health, or their family, etc. Because WalMart is a huge company based on a defense system of "whatever we can do, to not be sued".

The questions in the interview and all interviews including the promotional one's are situational, they just get harder dependent upon how high of a position you are going for.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly most of the questions were fairly easy. A tough one was perhaps when was the last time you were faced with a deadline and how did you overcome this to get the task done on time.   View Answers (2)