Walmart

9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Walmart

Interview Details – called in about a week later
interviewed. the interviewer asked questions to show intelligence level and behavioural ones.

Columbus, OH

I applied online - interviewed at Walmart in October 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring was really easy, basically if you have the interview you got the job as long as you can pass a background check and drug test.

Interview Question – "what happened in your life time that had to do with someone else that was a problem what did you try to do to prevent from happening"   Answer Question

Tulsa, OK

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Walmart in December 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and took less than one week to complete. Apply, interview, background check, drug screen... Hired

Interview Question – None. The interview questions are pretty much from a book   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None they have set salaries and expect you to work up to the position.

East Meadow, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart in June 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online, and two days later I received a call for an interview. My interview was great! The process was speedy.

Receiving Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Most of the assistant managers are people like you and me who struggle working long hours with not nearly enough pay for their lifestyle. So if you plan to get an interview soon with Walmart, just understand that we're all in the same boat here and they just want to find a person as reliable as themselves who need the work as much as they do. Pretend you're talking with yourself trying to explain to yourself why you need the job and what you're good at. They want to say yes as much as you do. So the process is fairly easy, same old questions about "what did you do in this and that situation?" "Tell me a time you used teamwork" ...etc. IF you had an interview with any company before then this one is no different. Just remember they are people too, just tell them what they want to hear, and be sincere.

Interview Question – I can't recall one with Walmart since by the time I got an interview with them I was ready for what they were gonna ask me more or less. The only difficult question is one you can't relate a story too, for example: When was a time where you put the customer before your needs? Now, have you ever went late to your brake spending thirty minutes helping a customer find something, or walked away from something important to assist somebody? Any numerous scenarios either find themselves in your head, but they as you to recall a time. But there are as many times as not, but sometimes you forget all those times you helped someone, you know, trying not to be self-centered and all. So, just imagine the most thing you did to help someone, like finding an item or directing them, or helping them out, or offering a discount, and sort of add what you sacrificed on your part in order to help them. Point is they want to hear a story when you went out of your way.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered the job, so I took it

Receiving Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart in June 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online, recieved a call three weeks later for an interview. Scheduled a time to meet with a supervising manager. Interview consisted of usual questions, with nothing specific. (Tell me about a time you had to lead a team, tell me about a time you had to do customer service, etc). Interview was around 30 minutes. Got another call for a second interview. Met with another manager and my actual supervisor. Consisted of nearly the same questions. Got an offer a week later.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Austin, MN

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in September 2012.

Interview Details – You absolutely need to call them, I had to do it twice just to be told to come in for an interview. The interviewing process is cumbersome, I had two different managers ask me the same set of questions in the same interview session. They do a background check on you so be sure you come clean about any bad marks in your past. If you live in Minnesota you can get a copy of the background check, it's pretty neat.

If you get hired you have to do a couple of days of CBLs which basically tell you, in a nutshell, about walmart and your job. Most of it is common sense though.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to work on a complicated task in a group.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiating with a corporation as large as walmart. They don't have any unions and make you watch a rather funny anti-union video during orientation.

Mansfield, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart in March 2008.

Interview Details – I was called in for one interview, in which, I was hired.

Interview Question – I think that the questions they asked, though difficult were pretty regular questions today.

They asked me to describe a time when _______________. They wanted you to fill in the blank as to a story that would show that you had been creative in dealing with problems. That you could show samples of good customer service, that you were a team player. The most important thing with them is that you could give an example.
  View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Fort Collins, CO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in May 2008.

Interview Details – I just applied on the in-store kiosk, and they selected me from their database. I went into the interview with no expectations, but the standards were actually very low. The interview was simple and contrived with standard questions. They extended an offer immediately pending the results of a drug test.

Interview Question – What is your weakness as an employee?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not negotiable.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Walmart

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!

Walmart Videos

Walmart – Why Work for Us?

Our Businesses Our mission is to save people money so they can live better. And every division, business unit and department that makes up Walmart is committed to using our company’s size and scale to make the biggest… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walmart Receiving Associate interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Walmart employees and interview candidates.