Walmart Receiving Associate Interview Questions

2.3

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Georgetown, DE
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Georgetown, DE

I applied online - interviewed at Walmart in August 2014.

Apply online and get a call after week for interview. Three managers interview one on one in same day. Not hard questions all normal day to day experience. Good and friendly place.

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Receiving Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Walmart.

I applied and never heard a response for two or so weeks. I called and asked to speak with
    a manager and was able to talk to her about my position sits for the application. She said she would put it on top and called me back two days later for an interview. I had to pass a drug test at the end for approval of employment.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a frustrated customer came to you about a problem and a manager was not around?   View Answer

Receiving Associate Interview

called in about a week later
    interviewed. the interviewer asked questions to show intelligence level and behavioural ones.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online - interviewed at Walmart in October 2013.

The hiring was really easy, basically if you have the interview you got the job as long as you can pass a background check and drug test.

Interview Questions
    • "what happened in your life time that had to do with someone else that was a problem what did you try to do to prevent from happening"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Walmart in December 2013.

Applied online and took less than one week to complete. Apply, interview, background check, drug screen... Hired

Interview Questions
    • None. The interview questions are pretty much from a book   Answer Question
    None they have set salaries and expect you to work up to the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  East Meadow, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Meadow, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart in June 2013.

I applied online, and two days later I received a call for an interview. My interview was great! The process was speedy.

Receiving Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart.

Most of the assistant managers are people like you and me who struggle working long hours with not nearly enough pay for their lifestyle. So if you plan to get an interview soon with Walmart, just understand that we're all in the same boat here and they just want to find a person as reliable as themselves who need the work as much as they do. Pretend you're talking with yourself trying to explain to yourself why you need the job and what you're good at. They want to say yes as much as you do. So the process is fairly easy, same old questions about "what did you do in this and that situation?" "Tell me a time you used teamwork" ...etc. IF you had an interview with any company before then this one is no different. Just remember they are people too, just tell them what they want to hear, and be sincere.

Interview Questions
    • I can't recall one with Walmart since by the time I got an interview with them I was ready for what they were gonna ask me more or less. The only difficult question is one you can't relate a story too, for example: When was a time where you put the customer before your needs? Now, have you ever went late to your brake spending thirty minutes helping a customer find something, or walked away from something important to assist somebody? Any numerous scenarios either find themselves in your head, but they as you to recall a time. But there are as many times as not, but sometimes you forget all those times you helped someone, you know, trying not to be self-centered and all. So, just imagine the most thing you did to help someone, like finding an item or directing them, or helping them out, or offering a discount, and sort of add what you sacrificed on your part in order to help them. Point is they want to hear a story when you went out of your way.   Answer Question
    I was offered the job, so I took it

Receiving Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart in June 2011.

Applied online, recieved a call three weeks later for an interview. Scheduled a time to meet with a supervising manager. Interview consisted of usual questions, with nothing specific. (Tell me about a time you had to lead a team, tell me about a time you had to do customer service, etc). Interview was around 30 minutes. Got another call for a second interview. Met with another manager and my actual supervisor. Consisted of nearly the same questions. Got an offer a week later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, MN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in September 2012.

You absolutely need to call them, I had to do it twice just to be told to come in for an interview. The interviewing process is cumbersome, I had two different managers ask me the same set of questions in the same interview session. They do a background check on you so be sure you come clean about any bad marks in your past. If you live in Minnesota you can get a copy of the background check, it's pretty neat.

If you get hired you have to do a couple of days of CBLs which basically tell you, in a nutshell, about walmart and your job. Most of it is common sense though.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to work on a complicated task in a group.   View Answers (2)
    There is no negotiating with a corporation as large as walmart. They don't have any unions and make you watch a rather funny anti-union video during orientation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mansfield, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mansfield, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart in March 2008.

I was called in for one interview, in which, I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • I think that the questions they asked, though difficult were pretty regular questions today.

They asked me to describe a time when _______________. They wanted you to fill in the blank as to a story that would show that you had been creative in dealing with problems. That you could show samples of good customer service, that you were a team player. The most important thing with them is that you could give an example.
        View Answer

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!