Walmart

Average Difficulty
261 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate

I applied online - interviewed at Walmart in August 2010.

Interview Details – It was really easy. They asked several behavioral questions, which were really easy. The questions they ask you on the application are pretty much the same questions they ask you in the interview. They hired me right after the interview finished, but they did not allow me to give my two weeks notice to my previous employer.

Interview Question – How would you handle a difficult customer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You did not negotiate at all. They tell you what they are willing to pay you and that is that. They probably have several people already lined up to take your place if you say no.

Sales Associate

I applied in-person - interviewed at Walmart in May 2011.

Interview Details – More than one person interview, waited long time for one person then had to wait for another person. A lot of answer questions about 10 different questions from each person.

Interview Question – Give me example of your helping a customer?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in May 2010.

Interview Details – I had a group interview. Was pretty basic nothing too hard just some basic questions. Got a call about 4 days later with the job offer. They said I could choose which shift I wanted which consisted of a morning shift, a mid day shift and an evening shift.

Interview Question – What do you like to do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not too much wiggle room for negotiating.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – i applied several times before finally getting an interview. There were general behavioral questions, easy interview. What would you do if.... name a time when... etc etc etc. there were actually supposed to be two interviews. one with the dept supervisor and one with a manager to follow if you pass the first interview. the interviews consist of the exact same question. Just a different hiring opinion. both of my interviews were held the same day and i was offered a job on spot

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Sedalia, MO

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – They basically explain the job and ask if you want it. The whole process is straight forward and far from difficult. There are papers you have to sign and that's that.

Interview Question – it's pretty straight forward   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in April 2010.

Interview Details – You walk into the human resource area and you wait for a manager to come and ask you some questions. They would ask you 3 questions and if they liked you, they would send for an upper level manager who come and ask you 3 more questions exactly like the first set. They hire just about anyone and the questions are a formality but after they hire you, you talk to HR who gives you the paperwork to get drug tested.

Interview Question – Describe a situation you thought that you cannot get through, and how did you handle it, and what was the result?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They are very standard. Almost every position starts off at minimum wage.

West Sacramento, CA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Walmart in July 2014.

Interview Details – The interview went good. The first person that interviewed me was really nice and , she had asked me if this was my first job and I said yes and she helped me through the interview then she told me that that she will talk to the other managers for a second interview. She also gave me tips on what to say on my second interview and she said when I am asked a situation question always start off with "the situation was" and it really helped a lot and also to let you know there's about 5 or 6 questions they ask and they circle if it was satisfactory or unsatisfactory or needs improvement or no experience. For my second interview I waited about 15 minutes til they called me back and the second person to interview me was also friendly. She let me know that she would be asking me the same questions the first interviewer asked me and a couple more she will throw in. The second interview went smooth she only asked me 3 questions and she offered me a job! Always remember to smile and talk a lot and ask questions. Ask them how would you know if you get hired. Sell yourself to them , they want to know how bad you want the job. If you don't have experience let them know and use school experience or volunteer experience. Also the questions are a little tricky and they may ask you the same question and word it wrong and if they do use the same example.

Interview Questions

• What did you do to resolve a problem? How did you solve it? What steps and guides did you use and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
  • What did you do when you didn't agree with someone's idea? What did you do so you both could agree on something? what was the outcome?   Answer Question
  • I forgot how they word , but they ask you "if you have a dead line to get a job done , what steps and guides did you use and what was the outcome?"   View Answer

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Simple, if they call you for an interview you probably have the job. Formality. No bid deal just like the pay. You interview with one person, followed by another (same day). Same type of questions then you go for a drug test and when results are in you meet with the store manager.

Interview Question – no difficulties   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations. Certain departments received certain pay .

Old Bridge, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in May 2014.

Interview Details – You get a phone call to come in for an interview - then you interview with 3 different managers and discuss what you expect out of the job, your character, and how you would handle different situations.

Interview Question – "Describe yourself in 3 words"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation - they placed me into apparel and that's the position I accepted.

Warminster, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in March 2013.

Interview Details – As with most companies, the application was online so even obtaining an interview is hit or miss. Once in the building, you are made to wait a very long time (not because they are busy), because no manager wants to do an interview so they all pretend they don't hear the call on the walkie. There are two sessions in which you are asked the exact same general questions (tell me about a time you...) taken from the same sheet of paper by two different managers. They call your references while you are waiting and if one doesn't answer exactly when they call you have to supply another. That part was very strange. On the bright side, once the interviews are over and the reference calls made, you are hired (pending drug testing) and can start within 48 hours.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. They were all standard interview questions about challenges you've faced, difficult times and customers you've handled, etc.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation, what they offer is the only option.

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!