Walmart Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Oct 8, 2014

2.2

270 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Walmart.

Only a few scenario questions. Drug and background check. Usually a problem solution and tell about a time when you were in a situation and the process you took to resolve it. Then the results that you saw and what you learned from it. Two interviews. One with zone manager and the other with the assistant manager

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Sales Associate Interview

It was simple, asked a few questions and got hired. They like associates who are looking to stay within their industry and promote to managers. You get the Walmart discount after working 3 months as an employee.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

i applied several times before finally getting an interview. There were general behavioral questions, easy interview. What would you do if.... name a time when... etc etc etc. there were actually supposed to be two interviews. one with the dept supervisor and one with a manager to follow if you pass the first interview. the interviews consist of the exact same question. Just a different hiring opinion. both of my interviews were held the same day and i was offered a job on spot

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sedalia, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sedalia, MO

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart.

They basically explain the job and ask if you want it. The whole process is straight forward and far from difficult. There are papers you have to sign and that's that.

no negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart.

Simple, if they call you for an interview you probably have the job. Formality. No bid deal just like the pay. You interview with one person, followed by another (same day). Same type of questions then you go for a drug test and when results are in you meet with the store manager.

Interview Questions
    no negotiations. Certain departments received certain pay .

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Walmart in July 2014.

Overall process, from applying to getting interviewed took about a month. Applied online, got called for an interview two weeks later. All the questions were about specific situations or scenarios. After my first interview they told me to wait and someone else came in for my second interview, right then and there. I went back for my 3rd interview about a week later and got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had an argument or debate with someone. How did you handle yourself?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Sacramento, CA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Walmart in July 2014.

The interview went good. The first person that interviewed me was really nice and , she had asked me if this was my first job and I said yes and she helped me through the interview then she told me that that she will talk to the other managers for a second interview. She also gave me tips on what to say on my second interview and she said when I am asked a situation question always start off with "the situation was" and it really helped a lot and also to let you know there's about 5 or 6 questions they ask and they circle if it was satisfactory or unsatisfactory or needs improvement or no experience. For my second interview I waited about 15 minutes til they called me back and the second person to interview me was also friendly. She let me know that she would be asking me the same questions the first interviewer asked me and a couple more she will throw in. The second interview went smooth she only asked me 3 questions and she offered me a job! Always remember to smile and talk a lot and ask questions. Ask them how would you know if you get hired. Sell yourself to them , they want to know how bad you want the job. If you don't have experience let them know and use school experience or volunteer experience. Also the questions are a little tricky and they may ask you the same question and word it wrong and if they do use the same example.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do to resolve a problem? How did you solve it? What steps and guides did you use and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • What did you do when you didn't agree with someone's idea? What did you do so you both could agree on something? what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • I forgot how they word , but they ask you "if you have a dead line to get a job done , what steps and guides did you use and what was the outcome?"   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interviewed with a department manager and was supposed to be passed on to the assistant. After waiting for an hour, I was asked to come back the next day. Came back the next day, waited another hour, was interviewed by a second department manager. Was called a couple days later and accepted a job offer pending background and drug test. When I started I still didn't know who my manager was, even though I was told to find her on my first day. When I reported my first day, she was on vacation, so I basically spent my first few days doing computer learning and wandering aimlessly around the sales floor.

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Walmart.

Applied online for a summer sales associate position, was called in for interview within two weeks. Had the interview which ended up being relaxed and fairly easy, seemed more like a formality. Got offered the job the same day. They followed up with drug test that same day, and then called me back once the results came in for orientation.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, gave me pay above minimum wage. 80 cents above.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Walmart.

Hiring and interview process is great! Everyone was friendly and professional. I arrived and waited to be called back. I was then interviewed 1 on 1. After that interview I was directed to wait and then had a second interview with manager. I was given a quick tour of the back room. After that I was asked to fill out some more paperwork and then sent to do a drug test. Before I left I was told to wear khaki pants and navy blue shirt to orientation and that I would be contacted for the orientation date in a few days.

Interview Questions
    • A few of the questions seemed repetitive, they were open ended questions such as "give an example when you had to do X and what was the outcome". There were about 4 thought provoking questions per interviewer.   Answer Question