Walmart Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2015

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Panel interview with 6 different people working there. A lot of "what if" or "how would you handle" questions. Not all questions were related to the job, such make small talk and make them laugh or smile, worked in my favor!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Filled out the application online, and was called in a week and a half later. They gave a personality test and I was then hired. I lastly had to do a drug test.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

There are two interviews done by two different managers. The questions are pretty basic they'll each ask you about 5 to 10 questions all in similar style "tell me about a time...." type questions. If they ask you to do a urine test afterwards you pretty much have the job

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you and a co-worker disagreed on something and how did you resolve it.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

The hiring process was pretty quick. I had a 2 part interview by 2 different people, one right after the other. Right after my interview I was asked to come back the next day for my job offer and take my drug test. About a week later, I started working. It's a great place to start out and develop retail skill. If you're a hard worker, it's easier for you to move up in the company as positions become available. When you move up in the company, another interview conducted.

Interview Questions

• Tell of a time when you were faced with a problem and the solution wasn't obvious. What was the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Houston, TX).

Interview

Walmart has a certain model they follow for interviews. You may be interviewed by two or more managers, including the department manager. They will ask you questions, each taking turns. Questions are usually "put you on the spot"-type, such as, "give an example of when you had to deal with a customer who was upset." Or, "tell us about a time that you had to deal with a major problem, what did you do, and what was the outcome?" These are the typical type of questions they will ask, so it's a good idea to prepare a head of time, as they will expect an answer immediately. It's hard enough to think when you are already nervous.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to diffuse a tense situation.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Spring Hill, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Spring Hill, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Asked very on the spot type questions. Wanted to get to know the person that they were potentially hiring. Make sure that you're ready to talk about past experiences and how you would handle conflict. Two department managers did my first interview and then I waited around for a little bit for my second interview that same day. I then went through a background check & was sent to go do a drug test.

Interview Questions

• What was a time that you had a conflict with someone during a group project and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, MS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Madison, MS) in July 2015.

Interview

The interviewers asked the same questions. I felt like my answer wasn't good enough for them. But it was actually a process that they do when they interview a person. I never had that done to me at my previous jobs.

Interview Questions

• Explain the time you have to make an executive decision?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Knoxville, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

The interviewing process was with a large group of employees, consisting of generic questions. It didn't really feel personal, or like they knew who I was. Though, with that in mind, the interview itself was very simple. I just based my real-life experiences, and they found my answers sufficient enough at that. I had very little work experience, but it surprisingly didn't hinder my job offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you persevered and worked to accomplish a goal.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in North Port, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (North Port, FL).

Interview

They called me, I showed up and the interviewed me. I sat down and they asked questions. I answered and they offered me the job on the spot and I started a few days after the interview.

Interview Questions

• How will you be an asset to this company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I would not recommend anyone applying to walmart.

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Plano, TX).

Interview

Standardized 3 step interview. 1) fill out application, 2) wait for call back or call them after a week, 3) 2-3 one-on-one interviews with varying levels of MGMT. They will ask you about 3 questions that will require you to touch on your ability to deal with customers, diversity, and work responsibility.

Interview Questions

• How have you used knowledge gained from past employers in your current situations?   Answer Question
    • Could you describe a time when you displayed excellent customer service?   Answer Question
    • Could you describe how you would feel around varied people from different backgrounds and cultures?   Answer Question