Walmart Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

The hiring process was pretty quick. I had a 2 part interview by 2 different people, one right after the other. Right after my interview I was asked to come back the next day for my job offer and take my drug test. About a week later, I started working. It's a great place to start out and develop retail skill. If you're a hard worker, it's easier for you to move up in the company as positions become available. When you move up in the company, another interview conducted.

Interview Questions

• Tell of a time when you were faced with a problem and the solution wasn't obvious. What was the situation?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart (Houston, TX).

Interview

Walmart has a certain model they follow for interviews. You may be interviewed by two or more managers, including the department manager. They will ask you questions, each taking turns. Questions are usually "put you on the spot"-type, such as, "give an example of when you had to deal with a customer who was upset." Or, "tell us about a time that you had to deal with a major problem, what did you do, and what was the outcome?" These are the typical type of questions they will ask, so it's a good idea to prepare a head of time, as they will expect an answer immediately. It's hard enough to think when you are already nervous.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to diffuse a tense situation.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring Hill, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart (Spring Hill, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Asked very on the spot type questions. Wanted to get to know the person that they were potentially hiring. Make sure that you're ready to talk about past experiences and how you would handle conflict. Two department managers did my first interview and then I waited around for a little bit for my second interview that same day. I then went through a background check & was sent to go do a drug test.

Interview Questions

• What was a time that you had a conflict with someone during a group project and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Port, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart (North Port, FL).

Interview

They called me, I showed up and the interviewed me. I sat down and they asked questions. I answered and they offered me the job on the spot and I started a few days after the interview.

Interview Questions

• How will you be an asset to this company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I would not recommend anyone applying to walmart.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart (Plano, TX).

Interview

Standardized 3 step interview. 1) fill out application, 2) wait for call back or call them after a week, 3) 2-3 one-on-one interviews with varying levels of MGMT. They will ask you about 3 questions that will require you to touch on your ability to deal with customers, diversity, and work responsibility.

Interview Questions

• How have you used knowledge gained from past employers in your current situations?   Answer Question
    • Could you describe a time when you displayed excellent customer service?   Answer Question
    • Could you describe how you would feel around varied people from different backgrounds and cultures?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart (Federal Way, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Easy questions. I had three interviews. They asked me about six questions per an interview. The questions were "give an example of such and such scenario that you encountered in a previous job". The first interview was with two managers, the second was with an assistant manager and the third interview was with a lead manager. Each interviewer asked basically the same questions. All three interviews would have been back to back, but after the second interview, they were unable to get a hold of my references and had me come back in for the third interview at a later time after they had had a chance to talk with them. I did think the assistant manager was unprofessional. She answered her cell phone in the middle of my interview. The first interviewers were unable to get into an office and conducted the interview in the back of the warehouse area, which was kind of weird.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time that you went above and beyond the call of duty to perform your job.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time that you had to accomplish multiple tasks and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time that you had a disagreement with a coworker and how did you reconcile this difference in opinion?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time that you improved something at work.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time that you had to deal with a frustrated customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Walmart (Springfield, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

It took a few days. I applied online and a day later received a call. I came in the next day for an interview wearing the blue polo and khakis :) they loved that . Simple 5 question interview based on 5 areas of personality. Had me wait and interview assistant manager 15 minutes after that one. Same song and dance. Real friendly. Only problem was no sales associate positions were available and they asked me if I could do courtesy for now and I took it.. The cart pushed essentialy. So after that it's the drug test. Drug test and background check and they call you for third interview which is a signature for the job acceptance and the. Orientation info. In which I must tell you orientation was a lot of fun , at least for me and my class. 3 day event.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you helped a co worker out with a particular task and how did it benefit the team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Walmart (Vancouver, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted about a week later to set up an interview time. I went in the following week. The process was a typical retail interview, but it seemed kind of unorganized. I was asked the typical interview questions, but in a much simpler format. This was probably the easiest interview with the simplest questions I've ever done. They didn't give me many details right off the bat. I had to ask them at the end of the interview for what the position was (it turned out to be something different). Pay was never discussed either. The main thing it seemed was they were looking for specific qualities: honesty, integrity, work ethic, dependability, and the obvious experience. I think even if you don't have a lot of retail experience, you could get the job. I was scheduled for a second interview, but it was cancelled and I never heard back.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you went above and beyond to help a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart (Columbus, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview was really easy And laid back wasn't offered Employment on the spot Interview person asked When where you in a Difficult postion with A customer and how did You handle it

Interview Questions

• When did you face a Difficult situation or customer And how did you handle It   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Panel style interview, it is intimidating and they follow a packet. They ask multi-part questions and after you go through the panel you have to be interviewed by a manager and another supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you had to go above and beyond to help someone and what was the outcome? What would you do differently?   Answer Question