Walmart

Average Difficulty
254 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Simple, if they call you for an interview you probably have the job. Formality. No bid deal just like the pay. You interview with one person, followed by another (same day). Same type of questions then you go for a drug test and when results are in you meet with the store manager.

Interview Question – no difficulties   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations. Certain departments received certain pay .

Old Bridge, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in May 2014.

Interview Details – You get a phone call to come in for an interview - then you interview with 3 different managers and discuss what you expect out of the job, your character, and how you would handle different situations.

Interview Question – "Describe yourself in 3 words"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation - they placed me into apparel and that's the position I accepted.

Warminster, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in March 2013.

Interview Details – As with most companies, the application was online so even obtaining an interview is hit or miss. Once in the building, you are made to wait a very long time (not because they are busy), because no manager wants to do an interview so they all pretend they don't hear the call on the walkie. There are two sessions in which you are asked the exact same general questions (tell me about a time you...) taken from the same sheet of paper by two different managers. They call your references while you are waiting and if one doesn't answer exactly when they call you have to supply another. That part was very strange. On the bright side, once the interviews are over and the reference calls made, you are hired (pending drug testing) and can start within 48 hours.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. They were all standard interview questions about challenges you've faced, difficult times and customers you've handled, etc.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation, what they offer is the only option.

Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed at Walmart in January 2013.

Interview Details – Nice professional, didnt seem like they were looking for too many skills just a body to fill the schedule. Lots of people in management there who take their "powers" way to high...seems like upper level mgmt is not very experienced and low quality employees

Interview Question – why should you work for walmart? Really?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Becasue it's walmart, just doing an experiment

Interviewed at Walmart

Interview Details – Interviewed with a department manager and was supposed to be passed on to the assistant. After waiting for an hour, I was asked to come back the next day. Came back the next day, waited another hour, was interviewed by a second department manager. Was called a couple days later and accepted a job offer pending background and drug test. When I started I still didn't know who my manager was, even though I was told to find her on my first day. When I reported my first day, she was on vacation, so I basically spent my first few days doing computer learning and wandering aimlessly around the sales floor.

Interview Question – Standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Applied online for a summer sales associate position, was called in for interview within two weeks. Had the interview which ended up being relaxed and fairly easy, seemed more like a formality. Got offered the job the same day. They followed up with drug test that same day, and then called me back once the results came in for orientation.

Interview Question – All fairly standard and easy questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, gave me pay above minimum wage. 80 cents above.

Birmingham, AL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Hiring and interview process is great! Everyone was friendly and professional. I arrived and waited to be called back. I was then interviewed 1 on 1. After that interview I was directed to wait and then had a second interview with manager. I was given a quick tour of the back room. After that I was asked to fill out some more paperwork and then sent to do a drug test. Before I left I was told to wear khaki pants and navy blue shirt to orientation and that I would be contacted for the orientation date in a few days.

Interview Question – A few of the questions seemed repetitive, they were open ended questions such as "give an example when you had to do X and what was the outcome". There were about 4 thought provoking questions per interviewer.   Answer Question

Lavale, MD

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in October 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process was quick and efficiently completed. I was available when needed and accepted during the early holiday season. The Human Resources staff was friendly and helpful and wonderful to deal with. The training was sufficiently done as well as the CBL's.

Interview Question – Why do I want to work here with my background and education?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Quick and efficient.

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Quick and painless - got an interview setup within the week. Interview response time seems to vary based on geographic city location. Followed up after interview and was hired the following week.

Interview Question – If you could change one thing about the company, what would you change?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Chose another job offer.

Interviewed at Walmart

Interview Details – There was a single interview. As soon as they saw that I had a beard, they asked if I wanted to be in sporting goods. I think there may have been a basic aptitude test to make sure that I could read/write/etc.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Walmart

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!

Walmart Videos

Walmart – Why Work for Us?

Our Businesses Our mission is to save people money so they can live better. And every division, business unit and department that makes up Walmart is committed to using our company’s size and scale to make the biggest… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walmart Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 254 interview reviews posted anonymously by Walmart employees and interview candidates.