Walmart

Getting the Interview

239 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Thornton, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart in September 2010.

Interview Details – Sat in a room with several people taking turns asking questions and taking notes. And then told they would be calling if they deemed I should be a likely candidate for a second interview.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. When I was offered the job, I was told what my rate of pay would be according to my experience.

Winston-Salem, NC

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart in June 2011.

Interview Details – Come into the store and someone from personel with greet you. After they take to have a panel interview. They ask the basic interview questions. After they will offer you a position. Go take your drug test and start training week later.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to correct a customer   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in April 2014.

Interview Details – There are 2 interviews, usually the first one with your possible dept manager, second with a salaried member of management. The questions are situational questions that determine your judgement, leadership and morality.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to complete a number of things throughout the day, how did you get them done, while still giving the customer good quailty service   Answer Question

Reading, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in February 2010.

Interview Details – Filled out online aplication, got a call, came in for an interview.
Had one on one interviews with 2 ass. managers and then with 2 dept. managers. was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – They were all pretty simple   Answer Question

Lakewood, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in October 2012.

Interview Details – Applied by website got called back in two days. You have two interviews id the first one goes good you got the job. After the interview process orientation take aither a week or two they have to have enough people to have a orientation.

Interview Question – Standard questions alot of "tell me about a time" questions.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in June 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process is simple. After you complete the first interview, if you pass they schedule for a second interview the same day or the next. once you pass the second interview, you have to pass the drug test and background check. Once you pass the tests they offer you a position. Then you go through new hire orientation which last a few days.

Interview Question – If this situation occured, what would you do?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Walmart in October 2012.

Interview Details – Received initial call after submitting online application. Appointment was set up to interview at a local store. The interview process was quick and totally unprofessional. Interviewed with two departments and was told which one could use me. Employees are trained by other employees who are really not qualified to train anyone. Every employee complained about the company and no one seemed to enjoy their jobs of company.

Interview Question – What is one of the most challenging experience you have encounter?   Answer Question

Dunnellon, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in August 2012.

Interview Details – It was a cold interview in front of three members of management, two having heavy accents which made answering questions difficult. Then after the first round, I had a second interview, an hour later, with the store's co-manager where she asked the exact same questions. Then one limp, cold handshake later and I had the job.

Interview Question – Name a time you helped someone.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in February 2010.

Interview Details – Apply online for every position (even cart pusher and cashier). They pull from a pool every time a position opens up, and the better positions typically goes to those within already. Interview questions consist of 3-5 very similar blocks of questions. Interviewers, first a supervisor, then a manager, typically read a paragraph of related questions all at once to test your listening skills. Questions are related things such as: describe a time you supplied great customer service. What did you do? How did it turn out? How did the customer feel? OR Describe a time in which you had to meet many deadlines simultaneously.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult.   View Answer

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in March 2014.

Interview Details – you must be consistant. call the store and ask to speak to someone in personel, they normally work mon-fri from 7-4. let personel know your name, they might ask you your availibilty and if they have the positition available they will let you know. If they say that they will write your name down keep calling don't give up. once they tell you for an interview its almost 90% guaranteed for you to get the job. interview is not that hard at all.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Walmart

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!

Walmart Videos

Walmart – Why Work for Us?

Our Businesses Our mission is to save people money so they can live better. And every division, business unit and department that makes up Walmart is committed to using our company’s size and scale to make the biggest… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walmart Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 239 interview reviews posted anonymously by Walmart employees and interview candidates.