Walmart

Getting the Interview

236 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Reading, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in February 2010.

Interview Details – Filled out online aplication, got a call, came in for an interview.
Had one on one interviews with 2 ass. managers and then with 2 dept. managers. was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – They were all pretty simple   Answer Question

Lakewood, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in October 2012.

Interview Details – Applied by website got called back in two days. You have two interviews id the first one goes good you got the job. After the interview process orientation take aither a week or two they have to have enough people to have a orientation.

Interview Question – Standard questions alot of "tell me about a time" questions.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in June 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process is simple. After you complete the first interview, if you pass they schedule for a second interview the same day or the next. once you pass the second interview, you have to pass the drug test and background check. Once you pass the tests they offer you a position. Then you go through new hire orientation which last a few days.

Interview Question – If this situation occured, what would you do?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Walmart in October 2012.

Interview Details – Received initial call after submitting online application. Appointment was set up to interview at a local store. The interview process was quick and totally unprofessional. Interviewed with two departments and was told which one could use me. Employees are trained by other employees who are really not qualified to train anyone. Every employee complained about the company and no one seemed to enjoy their jobs of company.

Interview Question – What is one of the most challenging experience you have encounter?   Answer Question

Dunnellon, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in August 2012.

Interview Details – It was a cold interview in front of three members of management, two having heavy accents which made answering questions difficult. Then after the first round, I had a second interview, an hour later, with the store's co-manager where she asked the exact same questions. Then one limp, cold handshake later and I had the job.

Interview Question – Name a time you helped someone.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in February 2010.

Interview Details – Apply online for every position (even cart pusher and cashier). They pull from a pool every time a position opens up, and the better positions typically goes to those within already. Interview questions consist of 3-5 very similar blocks of questions. Interviewers, first a supervisor, then a manager, typically read a paragraph of related questions all at once to test your listening skills. Questions are related things such as: describe a time you supplied great customer service. What did you do? How did it turn out? How did the customer feel? OR Describe a time in which you had to meet many deadlines simultaneously.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult.   View Answer

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in March 2014.

Interview Details – you must be consistant. call the store and ask to speak to someone in personel, they normally work mon-fri from 7-4. let personel know your name, they might ask you your availibilty and if they have the positition available they will let you know. If they say that they will write your name down keep calling don't give up. once they tell you for an interview its almost 90% guaranteed for you to get the job. interview is not that hard at all.

Avon, CT

I applied online - interviewed at Walmart in October 2013.

Interview Details – Had 2 interviews last Oct 24. One's with 2 sponsors/trainers and after couple of minutes waiting at the break room, I was interviewed by 2 assistant managers. They liked my answers and after the interview they told me to wait again in the break room so they can discuss. Before I left the store, they congratulated me for getting the job. The personnel gave me a paper for the drug test that needs to be done within 24hrs. Finished the drug test the next day and came to the store on Oct 28 to start.

Interview Question – A question about given more than one task. I answered something about analyzing the priority of each task.   Answer Question

Newcastle, OK

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Walmart in November 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was very relaxed and enjoyable. The persons hiring were very good at their jobs. I was pleased when I was able to move to another position when I was unable to perform my tasks as asked due to an old injury. They relocated me within a day, and I was very pleased with the results.

Interview Question – Most difficult question was if I could do the job. I said yes, but I actually could not due to re-injurying an old injury.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy

Bolingbrook, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in March 2013.

Interview Details – You may get one or two interviews depending on he manager. Ask about your recent history of jobs. How you can contribute to Walmart and the company. And other stupid typical questions. Very easy interview overall.

Interview Question – Have your ever had to go against a managers command. And if so what happened   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Walmart

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!

Walmart Videos

Walmart – Why Work for Us?

Our Businesses Our mission is to save people money so they can live better. And every division, business unit and department that makes up Walmart is committed to using our company’s size and scale to make the biggest… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walmart Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 236 interview reviews posted anonymously by Walmart employees and interview candidates.