Walmart

Average Difficulty
256 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in April 2010.

Interview Details – You walk into the human resource area and you wait for a manager to come and ask you some questions. They would ask you 3 questions and if they liked you, they would send for an upper level manager who come and ask you 3 more questions exactly like the first set. They hire just about anyone and the questions are a formality but after they hire you, you talk to HR who gives you the paperwork to get drug tested.

Interview Question – Describe a situation you thought that you cannot get through, and how did you handle it, and what was the result?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They are very standard. Almost every position starts off at minimum wage.

West Sacramento, CA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Walmart in July 2014.

Interview Details – The interview went good. The first person that interviewed me was really nice and , she had asked me if this was my first job and I said yes and she helped me through the interview then she told me that that she will talk to the other managers for a second interview. She also gave me tips on what to say on my second interview and she said when I am asked a situation question always start off with "the situation was" and it really helped a lot and also to let you know there's about 5 or 6 questions they ask and they circle if it was satisfactory or unsatisfactory or needs improvement or no experience. For my second interview I waited about 15 minutes til they called me back and the second person to interview me was also friendly. She let me know that she would be asking me the same questions the first interviewer asked me and a couple more she will throw in. The second interview went smooth she only asked me 3 questions and she offered me a job! Always remember to smile and talk a lot and ask questions. Ask them how would you know if you get hired. Sell yourself to them , they want to know how bad you want the job. If you don't have experience let them know and use school experience or volunteer experience. Also the questions are a little tricky and they may ask you the same question and word it wrong and if they do use the same example.

Interview Questions

• What did you do to resolve a problem? How did you solve it? What steps and guides did you use and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
  • What did you do when you didn't agree with someone's idea? What did you do so you both could agree on something? what was the outcome?   Answer Question
  • I forgot how they word , but they ask you "if you have a dead line to get a job done , what steps and guides did you use and what was the outcome?"   View Answer

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Simple, if they call you for an interview you probably have the job. Formality. No bid deal just like the pay. You interview with one person, followed by another (same day). Same type of questions then you go for a drug test and when results are in you meet with the store manager.

Interview Question – no difficulties   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations. Certain departments received certain pay .

Old Bridge, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in May 2014.

Interview Details – You get a phone call to come in for an interview - then you interview with 3 different managers and discuss what you expect out of the job, your character, and how you would handle different situations.

Interview Question – "Describe yourself in 3 words"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation - they placed me into apparel and that's the position I accepted.

Warminster, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in March 2013.

Interview Details – As with most companies, the application was online so even obtaining an interview is hit or miss. Once in the building, you are made to wait a very long time (not because they are busy), because no manager wants to do an interview so they all pretend they don't hear the call on the walkie. There are two sessions in which you are asked the exact same general questions (tell me about a time you...) taken from the same sheet of paper by two different managers. They call your references while you are waiting and if one doesn't answer exactly when they call you have to supply another. That part was very strange. On the bright side, once the interviews are over and the reference calls made, you are hired (pending drug testing) and can start within 48 hours.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. They were all standard interview questions about challenges you've faced, difficult times and customers you've handled, etc.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation, what they offer is the only option.

Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed at Walmart in January 2013.

Interview Details – Nice professional, didnt seem like they were looking for too many skills just a body to fill the schedule. Lots of people in management there who take their "powers" way to high...seems like upper level mgmt is not very experienced and low quality employees

Interview Question – why should you work for walmart? Really?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Becasue it's walmart, just doing an experiment

Interviewed at Walmart

Interview Details – Interviewed with a department manager and was supposed to be passed on to the assistant. After waiting for an hour, I was asked to come back the next day. Came back the next day, waited another hour, was interviewed by a second department manager. Was called a couple days later and accepted a job offer pending background and drug test. When I started I still didn't know who my manager was, even though I was told to find her on my first day. When I reported my first day, she was on vacation, so I basically spent my first few days doing computer learning and wandering aimlessly around the sales floor.

Interview Question – Standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Applied online for a summer sales associate position, was called in for interview within two weeks. Had the interview which ended up being relaxed and fairly easy, seemed more like a formality. Got offered the job the same day. They followed up with drug test that same day, and then called me back once the results came in for orientation.

Interview Question – All fairly standard and easy questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, gave me pay above minimum wage. 80 cents above.

Birmingham, AL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Hiring and interview process is great! Everyone was friendly and professional. I arrived and waited to be called back. I was then interviewed 1 on 1. After that interview I was directed to wait and then had a second interview with manager. I was given a quick tour of the back room. After that I was asked to fill out some more paperwork and then sent to do a drug test. Before I left I was told to wear khaki pants and navy blue shirt to orientation and that I would be contacted for the orientation date in a few days.

Interview Question – A few of the questions seemed repetitive, they were open ended questions such as "give an example when you had to do X and what was the outcome". There were about 4 thought provoking questions per interviewer.   Answer Question

Lavale, MD

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in October 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process was quick and efficiently completed. I was available when needed and accepted during the early holiday season. The Human Resources staff was friendly and helpful and wonderful to deal with. The training was sufficiently done as well as the CBL's.

Interview Question – Why do I want to work here with my background and education?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Quick and efficient.

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!