Walmart Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 8, 2014

2.2

264 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart in July 2014.

Overall process, from applying to getting interviewed took about a month. Applied online, got called for an interview two weeks later. All the questions were about specific situations or scenarios. After my first interview they told me to wait and someone else came in for my second interview, right then and there. I went back for my 3rd interview about a week later and got the job.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you had an argument or debate with someone. How did you handle yourself?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Sales Associate Interview

It was simple, asked a few questions and got hired. They like associates who are looking to stay within their industry and promote to managers. You get the Walmart discount after working 3 months as an employee.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Walmart in August 2010.

It was really easy. They asked several behavioral questions, which were really easy. The questions they ask you on the application are pretty much the same questions they ask you in the interview. They hired me right after the interview finished, but they did not allow me to give my two weeks notice to my previous employer.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a difficult customer?   View Answer
    You did not negotiate at all. They tell you what they are willing to pay you and that is that. They probably have several people already lined up to take your place if you say no.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in August 2012.

There were two interviews and then a separate job offer time. They had to wait till after hearing from all of my references before they could give me my final job offer.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Walmart in May 2011.

More than one person interview, waited long time for one person then had to wait for another person. A lot of answer questions about 10 different questions from each person.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in May 2010.

I had a group interview. Was pretty basic nothing too hard just some basic questions. Got a call about 4 days later with the job offer. They said I could choose which shift I wanted which consisted of a morning shift, a mid day shift and an evening shift.

Interview Questions
    Not too much wiggle room for negotiating.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

i applied several times before finally getting an interview. There were general behavioral questions, easy interview. What would you do if.... name a time when... etc etc etc. there were actually supposed to be two interviews. one with the dept supervisor and one with a manager to follow if you pass the first interview. the interviews consist of the exact same question. Just a different hiring opinion. both of my interviews were held the same day and i was offered a job on spot

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sedalia, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sedalia, MO

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart.

They basically explain the job and ask if you want it. The whole process is straight forward and far from difficult. There are papers you have to sign and that's that.

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in April 2010.

You walk into the human resource area and you wait for a manager to come and ask you some questions. They would ask you 3 questions and if they liked you, they would send for an upper level manager who come and ask you 3 more questions exactly like the first set. They hire just about anyone and the questions are a formality but after they hire you, you talk to HR who gives you the paperwork to get drug tested.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation you thought that you cannot get through, and how did you handle it, and what was the result?   Answer Question
    They are very standard. Almost every position starts off at minimum wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Sacramento, CA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Walmart in July 2014.

The interview went good. The first person that interviewed me was really nice and , she had asked me if this was my first job and I said yes and she helped me through the interview then she told me that that she will talk to the other managers for a second interview. She also gave me tips on what to say on my second interview and she said when I am asked a situation question always start off with "the situation was" and it really helped a lot and also to let you know there's about 5 or 6 questions they ask and they circle if it was satisfactory or unsatisfactory or needs improvement or no experience. For my second interview I waited about 15 minutes til they called me back and the second person to interview me was also friendly. She let me know that she would be asking me the same questions the first interviewer asked me and a couple more she will throw in. The second interview went smooth she only asked me 3 questions and she offered me a job! Always remember to smile and talk a lot and ask questions. Ask them how would you know if you get hired. Sell yourself to them , they want to know how bad you want the job. If you don't have experience let them know and use school experience or volunteer experience. Also the questions are a little tricky and they may ask you the same question and word it wrong and if they do use the same example.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do to resolve a problem? How did you solve it? What steps and guides did you use and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • What did you do when you didn't agree with someone's idea? What did you do so you both could agree on something? what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • I forgot how they word , but they ask you "if you have a dead line to get a job done , what steps and guides did you use and what was the outcome?"   View Answer

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!