Walmart Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart (Houston, TX).

Interview

Walmart has a certain model they follow for interviews. You may be interviewed by two or more managers, including the department manager. They will ask you questions, each taking turns. Questions are usually "put you on the spot"-type, such as, "give an example of when you had to deal with a customer who was upset." Or, "tell us about a time that you had to deal with a major problem, what did you do, and what was the outcome?" These are the typical type of questions they will ask, so it's a good idea to prepare a head of time, as they will expect an answer immediately. It's hard enough to think when you are already nervous.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to diffuse a tense situation.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Port, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart (North Port, FL).

Interview

They called me, I showed up and the interviewed me. I sat down and they asked questions. I answered and they offered me the job on the spot and I started a few days after the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I would not recommend anyone applying to walmart.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart (Plano, TX).

Interview

Standardized 3 step interview. 1) fill out application, 2) wait for call back or call them after a week, 3) 2-3 one-on-one interviews with varying levels of MGMT. They will ask you about 3 questions that will require you to touch on your ability to deal with customers, diversity, and work responsibility.

Interview Questions

• How have you used knowledge gained from past employers in your current situations?   Answer Question
    • Could you describe a time when you displayed excellent customer service?   Answer Question
    • Could you describe how you would feel around varied people from different backgrounds and cultures?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart (Columbus, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview was really easy
    And laid back wasn't offered
    Employment on the spot

Interview person asked
    When where you in a
    Difficult postion with
    A customer and how did
    You handle it

Interview Questions

• When did you face a
      Difficult situation or customer
      And how did you handle
      It

1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart (Federal Way, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Easy questions. I had three interviews. They asked me about six questions per an interview. The questions were "give an example of such and such scenario that you encountered in a previous job". The first interview was with two managers, the second was with an assistant manager and the third interview was with a lead manager. Each interviewer asked basically the same questions. All three interviews would have been back to back, but after the second interview, they were unable to get a hold of my references and had me come back in for the third interview at a later time after they had had a chance to talk with them. I did think the assistant manager was unprofessional. She answered her cell phone in the middle of my interview. The first interviewers were unable to get into an office and conducted the interview in the back of the warehouse area, which was kind of weird.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time that you went above and beyond the call of duty to perform your job.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time that you had to accomplish multiple tasks and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time that you had a disagreement with a coworker and how did you reconcile this difference in opinion?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time that you improved something at work.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time that you had to deal with a frustrated customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Walmart (Springfield, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

It took a few days. I applied online and a day later received a call. I came in the next day for an interview wearing the blue polo and khakis :) they loved that . Simple 5 question interview based on 5 areas of personality. Had me wait and interview assistant manager 15 minutes after that one. Same song and dance. Real friendly.
    Only problem was no sales associate positions were available and they asked me if I could do courtesy for now and I took it.. The cart pushed essentialy. So after that it's the drug test.
    Drug test and background check and they call you for third interview which is a signature for the job acceptance and the. Orientation info.
    In which I must tell you orientation was a lot of fun , at least for me and my class. 3 day event.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you helped a co worker out with a particular task and how did it benefit the team?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Panel style interview, it is intimidating and they follow a packet. They ask multi-part questions and after you go through the panel you have to be interviewed by a manager and another supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you had to go above and beyond to help someone and what was the outcome? What would you do differently?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, NH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Walmart (Salem, NH).

Interview

It was mostly customer oriented questions to see how well I reacted to difficult customer situations. They also asked questions to see how well I reacted when under pressure and to see how I managed my time when it came to deadlines. Another set of questions was to determine how well I work in groups with other people.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dahlonega, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Walmart (Dahlonega, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Very relaxed and friendly. It seemed like more of a technicallity than something that determined if I got the job. Once I walked through the door I was pretty much hired pending a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked out a problem you had with a (coworker, group member eat.)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Biloxi, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Walmart (Biloxi, MS) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied on a Sunday. They called Monday for an interview Tuesday. Was called Wednesday and asked to come in for a drug test. I Will be scheduled for orientation as soon as that comes back. I was interviewed by a panel of three people who were all super nice. Looking forward to this job based on interactions thusfar with other employees.

Interview Questions

• They asked several questions about how I handled various positive and negative customer situations.   Answer Question