Walmart Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queensbury, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart (Queensbury, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Met with HR and was asked about 5 or 6 scenario type questions. Then met with department manager who asked similar questions. The Trainer then went through the next stage of form filling for background check

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you provided customer service and describe the outcome.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Blanc, MI

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart (Grand Blanc, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

Very long. Walmart doesn't offer set interviews. An open interview is established. When arriving there are an abundance of other individuals waiting to be interviewed. Only two interviewers for over nearly two hundred people. The wait is extremely long, so if you are crunched for time this is not an interview to be on time for. No sitting area standing for a maximum of 3-5 is expected. Once the process starts there is a kne on one session, then a group interview, followed by a routine drug test. Schedules take a very long time to receive.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an unhappy customer?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Half a week later got a call for an interview. Interview at 10 am at the store. Met the department manager for an interview. Asked 2 questions. Then came back in the afternoon for another interview with the store manager. Asked about work experience then go over job description and signed the paperwork. Then do background check and drug screen. It was pretty simple and easy.

Interview Questions

• 1. Name a situation where you had to prioritize for a project and how did you do it. (Or something like that)

2. Name a time when you had to help someone resolve a problem and how did you do it. (Or something like that)

Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Simple interview question. I applied online, received a call about a week later, and scheduled my interview. I had my first interview with the department manager that I would work for and my second with one of the store managers.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you went above and beyond your call of duty.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Took only about 10 min. As soon as i walked in i was basically hired. He only asked 2 questions and explained the job the whole time. It was only one interview at 10:30 at night

Interview Questions

• What previous job experience do you have?

Name a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer, and how did you resolve it?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Central, SC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart (Central, SC) in February 2015.

Interview

I was brought in and interviewed from a member of personnel and then one of the dept managers all in the same day and then hired for a stock position.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a work related problem what was it and how did yo solve it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Petal, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart (Petal, MS) in February 2015.

Interview

I did two easy interviews. The managers were okay, so the horror didn't start til after my first day where they sent me to the deli with no training whatsoever. That's always how it was there. They expect you to do it ALL to their unrealistic expectations, but they don't even bother helping you learn how to do it. Managers will not listen to you at all.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a conflict with a coworker, and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

This was a three step process with two sets of interviews. Both sets of interviews were sets of situaltional questions based on customer service and prioritizing work when under pressure.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Initial interview with a department manager and then an Assistant Store Manager. Most questions were customer focused, i.e. "What would you do in this situation"?, "How would you handle this type of customer complaint"?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation whatsoever.

Sale Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

It was pretty simple got a call come in for interview I was asked some questions from person be my department manager then assistant manager asked me why I want work for wal-mart and went over job description

Interview Questions

• If a customer is needing a product and we don't have it out on floor how you handle it   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able negooate my availability