Walmart Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, NH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Walmart (Salem, NH).

Interview

It was mostly customer oriented questions to see how well I reacted to difficult customer situations. They also asked questions to see how well I reacted when under pressure and to see how I managed my time when it came to deadlines. Another set of questions was to determine how well I work in groups with other people.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dahlonega, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Walmart (Dahlonega, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Very relaxed and friendly. It seemed like more of a technicallity than something that determined if I got the job. Once I walked through the door I was pretty much hired pending a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked out a problem you had with a (coworker, group member eat.)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hastings, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart (Hastings, MN) in May 2015.

Interview

Easy. Questions were pretty basic and easy to understand. Interviewer was personable and answered all my questions. Second interview was held with the co-manager. She was also personable and wanted to know what I wanted out of the job. She then explained the job opportunities that could happen if I excelled at my position.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation when you've had to set goals and achieve them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Biloxi, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Walmart (Biloxi, MS) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied on a Sunday. They called Monday for an interview Tuesday. Was called Wednesday and asked to come in for a drug test. I Will be scheduled for orientation as soon as that comes back. I was interviewed by a panel of three people who were all super nice. Looking forward to this job based on interactions thusfar with other employees.

Interview Questions

• They asked several questions about how I handled various positive and negative customer situations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queensbury, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart (Queensbury, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Met with HR and was asked about 5 or 6 scenario type questions. Then met with department manager who asked similar questions. The Trainer then went through the next stage of form filling for background check

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you provided customer service and describe the outcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Blanc, MI

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart (Grand Blanc, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

Very long. Walmart doesn't offer set interviews. An open interview is established. When arriving there are an abundance of other individuals waiting to be interviewed. Only two interviewers for over nearly two hundred people. The wait is extremely long, so if you are crunched for time this is not an interview to be on time for. No sitting area standing for a maximum of 3-5 is expected. Once the process starts there is a kne on one session, then a group interview, followed by a routine drug test. Schedules take a very long time to receive.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an unhappy customer?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Half a week later got a call for an interview. Interview at 10 am at the store. Met the department manager for an interview. Asked 2 questions. Then came back in the afternoon for another interview with the store manager. Asked about work experience then go over job description and signed the paperwork. Then do background check and drug screen. It was pretty simple and easy.

Interview Questions

• 1. Name a situation where you had to prioritize for a project and how did you do it. (Or something like that) 2. Name a time when you had to help someone resolve a problem and how did you do it. (Or something like that)   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Simple interview question. I applied online, received a call about a week later, and scheduled my interview. I had my first interview with the department manager that I would work for and my second with one of the store managers.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you went above and beyond your call of duty.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Took only about 10 min. As soon as i walked in i was basically hired. He only asked 2 questions and explained the job the whole time. It was only one interview at 10:30 at night

Interview Questions

• What previous job experience do you have? Name a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer, and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Petal, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart (Petal, MS) in February 2015.

Interview

I did two easy interviews. The managers were okay, so the horror didn't start til after my first day where they sent me to the deli with no training whatsoever. That's always how it was there. They expect you to do it ALL to their unrealistic expectations, but they don't even bother helping you learn how to do it. Managers will not listen to you at all.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a conflict with a coworker, and what did you do about it?   Answer Question