Walmart Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Oct 8, 2014

2.2

270 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

Quick and painless - got an interview setup within the week. Interview response time seems to vary based on geographic city location. Followed up after interview and was hired the following week.

Interview Questions
  • If you could change one thing about the company, what would you change?   View Answer

Chose another job offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Sales Associate Interview

There was a single interview. As soon as they saw that I had a beard, they asked if I wanted to be in sporting goods. I think there may have been a basic aptitude test to make sure that I could read/write/etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Old Bridge, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Old Bridge, NJ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart in May 2014.

You get a phone call to come in for an interview - then you interview with 3 different managers and discuss what you expect out of the job, your character, and how you would handle different situations.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation - they placed me into apparel and that's the position I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart in May 2014.

The interview was a group interview. They mainly look for communication skills and watching how you interact with other. You talk but don't be there person to take up all the talking time.

Interview Questions
    • How would you react to a customer that has mistreated the product their returning?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart in April 2014.

There are 2 interviews, usually the first one with your possible dept manager, second with a salaried member of management. The questions are situational questions that determine your judgement, leadership and morality.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to complete a number of things throughout the day, how did you get them done, while still giving the customer good quailty service   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wetumpka, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wetumpka, AL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Walmart in March 2014.

They really just call you and ask you if you are interested in a job, they won't tell you what the job is or anything else. Once you get there you will have about 3 interviews, they will make a random department manager do your first interview, and they will act like you are inconveniencing them. They will ask stupid questions like "Describe a time you worked in a team to accomplish something." Then management will do your last two interviews and they will repeat the questions you were asked earlier but they will be worded differently. Lastly they will tell you your wage (which will be low) and give you your paper for a drug test. They'll call you back a day or two after your drug test clears and they will tell you when to come in for orientation.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were pretty baseline and stupid, to be honest.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart in March 2014.

you must be consistant. call the store and ask to speak to someone in personel, they normally work mon-fri from 7-4. let personel know your name, they might ask you your availibilty and if they have the positition available they will let you know. If they say that they will write your name down keep calling don't give up. once they tell you for an interview its almost 90% guaranteed for you to get the job. interview is not that hard at all.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart.

The interview process was pretty easy. You will be interviewed with general questions like "tell me about yourself" then you are given situation questions such as "tell me about a time you went above and beyond"

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Walmart.

Applied online, received a phone call to come in for a one on one interview a few days later and was offered the job.

no negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

you apply they hire you and thats essentially it. good luck