Walmart Senior Director Interview Questions

2.5

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Walmart.

Once you finally get through the interview process was a breeze

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Walmart in March 2012.

A VP in Walmart's IT department connected with me over Linkedin. He shared a job description with me, which would be the basis of our discussion. We exchanged several emails and finally connected for a 30 minute phone interview. The interview seemingly went well. However, throughout the interview, the interviewer (VP) kept reminding me that how small of a firm I was employed by. I work for a USD $ 20 Bill bank. Yes, not exactly the size of Walmart, but quite respectable, considering that the Bank is a top 10 bank in efficiency in the US. Also, I want to mention that I am a Director with over 15 years of experience in my field and I have worked for a 'C' level executive for the past 9 years. After this initial interview, I was to discuss the position with a Senior Director, who I would have replaced. We scheduled a date/time after several tries. I was to receive a call from this person at 5:00 PM. So I left my work at 4:30 PM to be in a place where I could take this call. This meeting never happened, because I never got a call. I emailed the guy and an hour or so later he told me that he would like to reschedule. No big deal. Things happen. So, we reschedule for the next day at 5:00 PM. I follow the same drill and leave my office at 4:30 PM. I waited for a call until 5:30 PM. Nobody called me. I tried their corporate HQ receptionist. I called the VP's admin. No response. A day later, the Senior Director replies back to my email and simply requests to reschedule. At this point, I am a bit worried about the company culture and their ability to respect other people's time and resources. This is not a store associate job we are talking about. This is a senior executive role. I had heard that Walmart treats vendors and prospective candidates in the same manner - Basically, Walmart is "God" and that you are just there at their beck and call. So, I hear back from the Senior Director and he wants to reschedule. At this point, I am not certain if this interview would ever happen. This person does not apologize for anything. He does not care that he just wasted about 4 hours of my work time. After discussing this with a few of my fellow senior IT manager's, I decided to see how far this would go. So, I agreed to the interview. We had a great interview. The guy I spoke to informed me that I would be getting a call from another Senior Director. After a week or so I had not heard back from anybody. I decided to ping the VP who had originally connected with me. I never heard back from the VP or anybody else from Walmart. So, I was not offended about not getting an offer or an interview call. I am already an accomplished IT exec and I know that I am probably not a fit for every job out there, which is completely fine with me. But, these so called Walmart execs, who are supposed to be following " THE WALMART WAY", have absolutely no remorse for wasting someone's time. Now I can see why Walmart is always in the news for treating their people so poorly. I know that what I wrote sounds like an angry and frustrated candidate who did not get the job. A part of that is true. However, more significantly, they wasted my time and never followed up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart in July 2009.

Four interviews

Interview Questions
    • If you could be a tree, what kind of tree would you be?   View Answer
    Nickel and dimed

Senior Director Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart in May 2012.

It was a brief 30 minute interview. Went well, covered the basics. Only complaint is that I was told that I would hear one way or another in the next week. I waited two weeks and followed up. Received a system generated email thereafter.

Senior Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Walmart in November 2011.

Headhunter conducted the first round of interviews. Phone interviews followed (several) covering management and leadership experience and view and also a separate technical-abilities test interview. Once I passed all of these interviews, I was invited to come to HQ. I met with the head hunter, and then had 18 interviews on site and off site over a 2 day period. The role and corporation were fully explained, they drove me around the entire geographic area and also had me go with a realtor to see which towns might appeal to my family. The salary was stated before I came out and was non-negotiable. Very professional all in all. I would have taken the position if they had offered it. Very welcoming internal teams - whether they had been in one year or twenty five.

Interview Questions
    • what type of cables do you see in this room and what exactly are the parameters - what are they made of and what limitations do they have?   View Answer
    • Do you consider yourself a leader or a manager?   View Answer