Walmart

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Five questions based on core competences

Interview Question – Tell me a time you changed you communication style to meet the needs of a customer.   Answer Question

Senior Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Walmart in November 2012.

Interview Details – 1st Round interview on campus and was fairly straight forward. 2nd Round took place in Bentonville and was a series of several interviews that were either one-on-one or panel. These interviews were also fairly straight forward with a focus on behavioral/fit questions. You will have to prepare a case and/or give a presentation based on previous professional or school work.

Interview Question – None of the questions were really difficult. Just make sure you know your basic finance and you may want to prep some cases for a refresher.   Answer Question

Bentonville, AR

I applied through other source - interviewed at Walmart in February 2009.

Interview Details – Use behavior based interview questions. The samples on the internet will help you prepare. After telling about the situation, mention the outcome and make sure to mention if you were able to train anyone on what you learned from the experience.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to make an unpopular decision.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Bentonville, AR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in September 2012.

Interview Details – 1. Screening Interview; 2. Green Interview (video conferencing) 3. On site Interview

Bentonville, AR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Very quick and clean process. 1st - an initial phone screen to level set expectations; 2nd - Online interview with two department staff asking both technical and behavioral questions; and 3rd - onsite interview in Bentonville. Last step consisted of fours / 1 hour interviews each with two department staff.

Interview Question – Describe a time in which you made a wrong decision in the workplace?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary was non-nego, but signon bonus was workable.

Bentonville, AR

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was recruited out of business school so i had an on-campus interview and then in-house interview before i got my offer

Interview Question – Why Walmart?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they were unwilling to negotiate on basically the whole package

Senior Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – I saw their ad by chance and sent my CV. After three weeks, I received their phone call for interview. I met two Sr. managers and had a conversation for about two hrs. Everything was going well and I receive the offer after one week.

Interview Question – None. Every topic is related to company culture and working experience. The interviewers are kind and professional.   Answer Question

Senior Manager

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Walmart in April 2012.

Interview Details – Lot of phone screen before you are brought face to face.

Interview Question – What do you know about us?   View Answer

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!