Walmart

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Mesa, AZ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in September 2009.

Interview Details – boring a 8yr old could have interviewed me better

Interview Question – name a time that you saved the company money   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none this it what were hiring you for thats it

San Mateo, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Walmart in May 2010.

Interview Details – Hr called and scheduled an interview with the hiring manager. He called me and asked me simple questions like have u worked on spring, have u worked on hibernate, why you used spring, why you used hibernate and other similar questions and then they never got back to me. I dont knwo if they were really interested to hire.

Interview Questions

Bangalore (India)

The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – I found this interview to be the worst interview that I have given.
Pardon me, but I feel that the interviewer's should be chosen based on some basic communication skills.
I was asked to come on time. However the interview started comfortably 45 minutes late with no mention of this. I was told if I come to give an interview with Walmart labs, I should be ready to wait for hours if required.

There were two questions:
1) Implement a singleton pattern.
2) In a matrix sorted row wise and column wise search for an element.

The first was very easy. The second one is a standard question. I answered it correct. (You can find the answer anywhere online or in any text book). But the interviewer started telling me I didn't use the property.
While I clarified it, I was told this was a first question in an interview and I am not doing it correct. When the correct code was given, it wasn't even looked at and I was told the time is up and I can leave. However, a feedback form was filled and requested.

If the process has to be of the standard of amazon and google, I would request that all the interviewers are coached as well.

Interview Question – Comments like this is an easy question, if you can't answer this, I cannot tell anything even without listening to the answer is seriously negative impression.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in January 2011.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview with recruiter and was invited for onsite interview.

Interview Question – Do not recall   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!