Walmart Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

2.0

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mesa, AZ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in September 2009.

boring a 8yr old could have interviewed me better

Interview Questions
none this it what were hiring you for thats it

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Mateo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Walmart in May 2010.

Hr called and scheduled an interview with the hiring manager. He called me and asked me simple questions like have u worked on spring, have u worked on hibernate, why you used spring, why you used hibernate and other similar questions and then they never got back to me. I dont knwo if they were really interested to hire.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart.

I found this interview to be the worst interview that I have given.
    Pardon me, but I feel that the interviewer's should be chosen based on some basic communication skills.
    I was asked to come on time. However the interview started comfortably 45 minutes late with no mention of this. I was told if I come to give an interview with Walmart labs, I should be ready to wait for hours if required.

There were two questions:
    1) Implement a singleton pattern.
    2) In a matrix sorted row wise and column wise search for an element.

The first was very easy. The second one is a standard question. I answered it correct. (You can find the answer anywhere online or in any text book). But the interviewer started telling me I didn't use the property.
    While I clarified it, I was told this was a first question in an interview and I am not doing it correct. When the correct code was given, it wasn't even looked at and I was told the time is up and I can leave. However, a feedback form was filled and requested.

If the process has to be of the standard of amazon and google, I would request that all the interviewers are coached as well.

Interview Questions
    • Comments like this is an easy question, if you can't answer this, I cannot tell anything even without listening to the answer is seriously negative impression.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in January 2011.

Had a phone interview with recruiter and was invited for onsite interview.

Did not negotiate

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!