Walmart

Average Difficulty
25 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Walmart

Interview Details – I had 2 interviews. The person wasn't very specific on questions and made me uncomfortable.

Interview Question – Asking about job experience that I dont have/   Answer Question

Interviewed at Walmart

Interview Details – Was very laid back and simple. Easy questions. Lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Question – How would you handle a situation where you saw a coworker steal? - What negative thing about yourself would you change about yourself?   Answer Question

Raleigh, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in February 2012.

Interview Details – Went for the interview 1st time called after 3 days for another interview. Was contacted after 1 week and went for drug test

Interview Question – why should we hire you   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Pay is fixed

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart in August 2013.

Interview Details – Had an interview with the department manager who asked 4 questions, pretty easy and standard interview questions. "Name a time you had a difficult task, what steps did you take to accomplish it and what was the outcome?" After the interview with the Dept. Manager I was asked if I would like to stay for a second interview, of course I accepted and did the second interview with the assistant manager who also asked 4 questions. (They were basically the same questions that were asked in the first interview but worded differently) She then had me fill out papers for consent to do a background check, told me what my position is and that I'll be called after my background check comes back for a job offer and drug test.

Interview Question – None, all the interview questions were predictable.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Midlothian, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Very indirect interview process. Was initially interviewed by a Support Manager, who asked basic life questions, i.e. Where did I graduate school, Am I in college or a major university. Very little actual questions regarding work experience. Shortly afterwards an Assistant Manager comes to you, asks you the exact same questions, and adds questions like your hobbies and where do you expect yourself in 5 years.

Interview Question – Would you turn in your supervisor(s) if you directly discovered them in the midst of illegal activity while on duty.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No, they bring an unconditional offer to you, the offer is basically this is what we will pay you, specific position they are offering you and what shift you will be working.

Saginaw, MI

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart in June 2013.

Interview Details – Walmart contacted me some time after I had put in an application through phone and asked me if I would be good for an interview the next day. The interview went smoothly with the exception of one question which i didn't full understand at first, but quickly recovered. Only three questions in total. The interview was very informal and laid back, very comfortable. The person interviewing me was very friendly.

Note, my second interview is tomorrow. They did not contact me for a second interview, I called them about a week and a half later. Follow-up calls can be very important, a matter of whether or not you got the job.

Interview Question – A question asking me about a time I took steps prior to actually doing the task in order to make the task easier or quicker, but asked in a more confusing manner. Easy question, just took me off guard.   Answer Question

Stocker

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – I applied online, was called a few weeks later to schedule an interview, was asked about past work history, available hours, and situational questions of prior experience.

Interview Question – Name a time when...   Answer Question

Interviewed at Walmart

Interview Details – The interview process was brief and only consisted of front and side profile. They pleased me; I pleased them in return. Overall, it was one of the more enjoyable interviews I've had.

Interview Question – What is your biggest flaw and why?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I preferred Target.

Spring, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Walmart in May 2012.

Interview Details – I put in the application and they called me the next day, gave me an easy interview asking me regular questions, "Why do you want to work here, why do you think you would be good working here? etc" Did my drug test and got hired within 3 days.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation what so ever, I tried for 8.50 and they said no 7.70 or no hire at all. So, Yeah..

Antioch, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in June 2008.

Interview Details – had one interview, they waited three weeks before I knew, had a drug test then I was hired.

Interview Question – really was not any.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – was not any

Interviews for Top Jobs at Walmart

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!

Walmart Videos

Walmart – Why Work for Us?

Our Businesses Our mission is to save people money so they can live better. And every division, business unit and department that makes up Walmart is committed to using our company’s size and scale to make the biggest… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walmart Stocker interview questions and advice. All 25 interview reviews posted anonymously by Walmart employees and interview candidates.