Walmart

Interview Details – i applied and they scheduled an interview

Interview Question – they asked me questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NO I was not able to negotiate

Unloader

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Referred by a family friend and was contacted shortly after applying. Had to go through at least a couple interviews with members of management and some leads.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work as an unloader?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Lapeer, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart in May 2012.

Interview Details – When you're interviewed you are asked to come into an office and are asked a couple questions about problem solving and how you handled difficulties in the past. You are usually interviewed by someone who will be your superior but in my experience when they're short on people anyone will work basically. Don't stress try to stay chummy and know that they think the questions are as dumb as you do.

Interview Question – The questions aren't really difficult just overly wordy. Do your best to answer them in a way that shows you're good at retail don't do I lost the remote and found it by digging for it in the couch type answers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They just bring you back after you pass the background and drug tests and show you on a computer your Job title, starting date and starting pay. Never have I heard of a time where when someone negotiated for a better pay did they get it.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Kansas City, MO

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in August 2012.

Interview Details – interviewed with 3 diff people easy questions

Negotiation Details – minium wage

Wichita, KS

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – You go through 3 interviews and they ask questions that pertain to that area. It last about 2hrs. They let you know then if your hired or not.

Interview Question – They asked you a question and you had to remember what they two part question was and answer it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations for anything. You take the job or you don't.

Unloader

I applied online - interviewed at Walmart in September 2012.

Interview Details – I had to go in front of a three person panel.Once I completed that I had to come back for a one-on-one Interview with a co-manager.

Interview Question – A time that me and a co-worker solved a prodlem, and how did we resolve it in what steps.   Answer Question

Mechanicsville, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in February 2008.

Interview Details – When I got there they asked me a series of no brainer questions. I interviewed with two different managers and the second one asked the same exact questions as the first. After that, you can expect to either go straight into orientation or be sent home and called upon once they figure out whats going on.

Interview Question – None of them were difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. They offer you a salary and you take it or leave it.

Milwaukee, WI

The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in April 2012.

Interview Details – got asked a bunch of scenaro questions like...name a type when u noticed a problem and solved it b4 it got worse.

Interview Question – name your strenghts   Answer Question

Greeley, CO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in March 2011.

Interview Details – Got a call on Friday setting up an interview on Monday morning. Monday morning comes, I get there and wait for the zone manager who's doing the interview. She interviews me, asks me 5 behavioral based questions (which are extremely long. It's like 5 questions in one). You can ask for certain parts to be repeated since the question is so long. They encourage you to answer the all of the question and help you if you forget a part. After it was over she said was would recommend me to an assistant manager for a 2nd interview (same day). An assistant manager comes out and introduces himself and we do a second interview. He basically asked the same questions, told me to get a drug test and orientation is Thursday. Everyone was really nice and friendly.

Walmart seems hellbent on hiring anyone so long as their availability is wide open and you can pass a drug test. I said I can work anytime and the zone manager said that was great and that was the main reason why they looked at my application. I now work 4pm to 1am 5 days a week unloading trucks. 3 other people interviewed (for different departments) at the same time as me. We all had open availability and we all got hired.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you gave excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating. They looked at what I was making an hour at my last job ($8.40/hr) and started me at that.

Unloader

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Walmart in June 2007.

Interview Details – You have to first do the question and answer section on their employment kiosks as well as enter all of your information. If chosen, you will then be called to setup a 1:1 interview with management at your local Wal-Mart. You must also be willing to take a drug test. Upon a clean drug test, you usually are hired.

Interview Question – What kind of leadership skills do you possess?   Answer Question

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!