Walmart Unloader Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shorewood, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Walmart (Shorewood, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

There were 3 interviews. The first interview was with a supervisor, second with a shift manager. They each give you five multi-part questions to answer. The 3rd interview wasn't really an interview, the store manager just described the position I'm being hired for, pending the drug test. The process was 21 days from the first interview to orientation.

Interview Questions

• Describe a conflict with someone. How did you resolve the conflict? What could you have done differently?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time where you worked as part of a team.   Answer Question
  • Describe a time to meet a deadline. How did you manage your time?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pewaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Walmart (Pewaukee, WI) in July 2014.

Interview

I had three interviews. They basically gave it to me for showing up on the third interview. I kind of knew I already had the job. I'm still a little bit worried about the employees and the job in terms of how difficult it will be.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations. $7.65 Standard Minimum Starting Rate For Every Job At Walmart.

Unloader Interview

Interview

i applied and they scheduled an interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NO I was not able to negotiate

Unloader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Referred by a family friend and was contacted shortly after applying. Had to go through at least a couple interviews with members of management and some leads.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work as an unloader?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart (Wichita, KS).

Interview

You go through 3 interviews and they ask questions that pertain to that area. It last about 2hrs. They let you know then if your hired or not.

Interview Questions

• They asked you a question and you had to remember what they two part question was and answer it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations for anything. You take the job or you don't.

Unloader Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart in September 2012.

Interview

I had to go in front of a three person panel.Once I completed that I had to come back for a one-on-one Interview with a co-manager.

Interview Questions

• A time that me and a co-worker solved a prodlem, and how did we resolve it in what steps.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart (Kansas City, MO) in August 2012.

Interview

interviewed with 3 diff people easy questions

Negotiation

minium wage

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lapeer, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart (Lapeer, MI) in May 2012.

Interview

When you're interviewed you are asked to come into an office and are asked a couple questions about problem solving and how you handled difficulties in the past. You are usually interviewed by someone who will be your superior but in my experience when they're short on people anyone will work basically. Don't stress try to stay chummy and know that they think the questions are as dumb as you do.

Interview Questions

• The questions aren't really difficult just overly wordy. Do your best to answer them in a way that shows you're good at retail don't do I lost the remote and found it by digging for it in the couch type answers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They just bring you back after you pass the background and drug tests and show you on a computer your Job title, starting date and starting pay. Never have I heard of a time where when someone negotiated for a better pay did they get it.

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2012.

Interview

got asked a bunch of scenaro questions like...name a type when u noticed a problem and solved it b4 it got worse.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greeley, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart (Greeley, CO) in March 2011.

Interview

Got a call on Friday setting up an interview on Monday morning. Monday morning comes, I get there and wait for the zone manager who's doing the interview. She interviews me, asks me 5 behavioral based questions (which are extremely long. It's like 5 questions in one). You can ask for certain parts to be repeated since the question is so long. They encourage you to answer the all of the question and help you if you forget a part. After it was over she said was would recommend me to an assistant manager for a 2nd interview (same day). An assistant manager comes out and introduces himself and we do a second interview. He basically asked the same questions, told me to get a drug test and orientation is Thursday. Everyone was really nice and friendly.

Walmart seems hellbent on hiring anyone so long as their availability is wide open and you can pass a drug test. I said I can work anytime and the zone manager said that was great and that was the main reason why they looked at my application. I now work 4pm to 1am 5 days a week unloading trucks. 3 other people interviewed (for different departments) at the same time as me. We all had open availability and we all got hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you gave excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating. They looked at what I was making an hour at my last job ($8.40/hr) and started me at that.