Walmart Wal Mart Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Sep 25, 2014

2.3

177 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

I think they have a good interview process for cashiers. The interviewee gets to talk to one of the CSM's and then the store manager. I think that talking with a CSM gives the store manager help in deciding who to hire because the CSM knows more about the everyday things that goes on in cashiering. They know more about the ways things are do em such as WIC. WIC is kind of particular, and here are things that are not WIC approved, or some things are more specific than others. I think the application process is kind of silly. They ask questions more than once, but in different ways.

Interview Questions
  • How would you politely deny an alcohol sale to a minor who has a friend with them who is of legal drinking age?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Walmart.

I applied online.

Interview was easy.
    If you got called for interview, then you're basically hired.

Then you will proceed to the drug test. The drug test was really easy. You just need to pee in a cup.

Interview Questions
    Nothing, they just tell you your salary.

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

They called a few days later and scheduled a time for me to come in for an interview. After the interview, I was asked to stay a little while longer. They basically gave me the job that day and I came in a week later for training.

Interview Questions
    No negotiating, flat hourly rate to all cashiers, even those with more experience. Slightly more to those who work night shift.

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

Interviewed twice two different ppl. They both asked all the same questions like they was filling out a form. Didn't have to give much details for the questions. They were pretty general i.e work experience, education level, crime records, etc. One interviewer did ask if I had a spouse & children.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewed twice two different ppl. They both asked all the same questions like they was filling out a form.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in August 2014.

One person asked the question, while another personnel listened in and did something else. Didn't really seem like they cared what I said. Questions were standard questions about what you had done in the past dealing with a customer. You could find any of these questions online. From the turnover in this job, I got the impression they hired anyone that applied as long as you past the background check and drug screening. I even told them I didn't have an answer for one questions. Hired right there on the spot as soon as questions were done. I'm sorry, it just seemed like they were pushing cattle and anyone they could get to take the job they gave it to them. Break room had a poster that had some kind of company help that you, as an employee, could donate to help another associate who could afford to meet their own bills. It was right next to a copy of the big donation checks Walmart gave to other donations. Got to have that tax write off.

What was your best way of dealing with a irate customer, name a time and how you resolved it.

Interview Questions
    None. Poor pay for a job that you could go to prison if you sold alcohol to someone under age, even if they had gotten someone older to buy it for them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Walmart in August 2014.

The questions was hard mainly behaviorial questions. Did the app on line got called back 2weeks later & got hired on the spot. Went thru two interview process and was sent out on and drug screening and got call back the same day.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had to lead a group of employees on and project what procedures did you use and what was the conclusion.   View Answers (3)

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Centralia, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centralia, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in July 2014.

I applied on-line in June 2014 and was interviewed twice in July 2014. I first received a call from the personnel manager to set it up.You will also deal with them with the job offer and orientation. The personnel manager was very kind and easy to talk with.

My first interview was with a member from CSM. Even though she was really tense, I still felt relax during the interview and did my best. This was my first job. I even made her laugh and really laugh when I kept trying to get out. I tried to go through four doors to get out. She tried to get the manager in charge of the front end to interview me immediately, but he was busy. We set it up for the next day.

The next day interview was with the front end manager, another CSM, and another manager. I did my best and they all seemed to like my answers, which were the same was the interview the day before.

Stay calm, Walmart wants to see that you can remain calm in a stressful situation, especially when being a cashier. So be yourself, pretend that you are talking to old friends and they are asking weird questions so they can know you better and to make sure the job is right for you.

There is a drug test after the job offer that has to be completed within 24 hours. There is no math or grammar tests. There is a personality questionnaire with the application when filling it out on-line.

Interview Questions
    • "Describe a time when you had to do a task, step-by-step."   Answer Question
    The negation phrase was here is your pay. The pay was decent, for me, it was $8.65/ hr. Not too bad in my opinion. They discussed benefits I would receive on the day you will start orientation.

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

interviewed at Walmart in July 2014.

Had a good interview and was told I was hired pending a background check and drug test. A few weeks later I got a letter saying the offer was rescinded because of a bounced check 21 years prior! If I am not good enough for Walmart because of that Walmart is not good enough for me or my family!

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart in July 2014.

I filled my application online and called several times. Was called for a interview, had references checked. A offer of employment was made completed background and drug test paperwork. I took my drug test and it had been a week and still have not heard back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Commack, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Commack, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Walmart in July 2014.

It really wasn't a interview. I came in asked for the hiring manager and was escorted to the back area and told to sit in a room with a long table and computers. The manager came in, handed me a 3 page packet and another paper that i had to sign and pyt my social on and check off whether or not i've ever been convicted of a crime. Once i was done she gave me directions to get a drug test and the lab paper and saud once she gets the results i would be recieving a call for orientation on thursday. She didn't ask any questions at all, which was fine with me.

Interview Questions

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!