Walmart

2.3

204 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

They ask the same questions as any other interview. They ask about a time you had a angry customer and how did you handle it. They questions are pretty basic and nothing should really catch you off guard. They make you sign a person that's says your temporary if you work overnight. They also make a dollar less if you work in the daytime.

They don't negotiate anything

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart.

It is important that you call the store and let them know you filled out an application. They only provide interviews for those that do this. I was then interviewed by who would be my immediate supervisor using the STAR method. I passed and then was immediately interviewed by a department supervisor. I was then hired.

Interview Questions
    • They use the STAR method and then rate you on the action and result you described.   Answer Question
    No negotiations. Paid minimum wage.

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

Transferred from store in different state. That store did good interview had 2 interviews plus entrance interview. This store hired me as transfer without application or formal interview..

Interview Questions
    • What was your most challenging triumph in any previous job   View Answer

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Walmart.

Was very Applied online then they called a few days later to come in for an interview. You interview with a zms then if you pass that interview you have to interview with an assistant manager, zms, and the head of the department you are applying for all at once. It was weird having a three on one interview. They gave me a drug test I had to take within 24 hours and then they called me within a week and told me to come in for the job offer. That's when you meet the store head manager she/he offers you the job

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

I applied in the store. they took about a week to get back to me and then asked me typical interview questions. There was a review board of three people asking questions in the break room.

Interview Questions
    They slid me a piece of paper that had my starting pay on it and asked me to sign.

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

Applied online then they called a few days later to come in for an interview. You interview with a zms then if you pass that interview you have to interview with an assistant manager, zms, and the head of the department you are applying for all at once. It was weird having a three on one interview. They gave me a drug test I had to take within 24 hours and then they called me within a week and told me to come in for the job offer. That's when you meet the store head manager she/he offers you the job.

No negotiating needed.

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

It took a very long time to get an interview they had called me and the interview process was very long i didnt like that it was group interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart.

I applied online, and took a skills test.
    I was referred by an employee to get an interview. Which helped because I did not have previous experience as a cashier.
    I got an interview, after the interview was over I was offered the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart in December 2014.

Interviewer was about 2 hours late so I basically got the job beacuse I smiled and waited patiently. After first interview I had a second with the department manager. Who basically said you are a temp for the first 90 days

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you faced a problem at work and how did you solve it....   Answer Question
    No negation.... pay starts at 7.90 firm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart in November 2014.

Applied online they called same day to schedule interview. Went in for interview all questions are " tell me about a time..." After first interview she told me to wait for assistant manager then I had second interview and basically same kind of question. Really easy interview. Got the job offer same day.

No negotiation