Walmart Wal Mart Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Oct 8, 2014

2.3

181 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

I think they have a good interview process for cashiers. The interviewee gets to talk to one of the CSM's and then the store manager. I think that talking with a CSM gives the store manager help in deciding who to hire because the CSM knows more about the everyday things that goes on in cashiering. They know more about the ways things are do em such as WIC. WIC is kind of particular, and here are things that are not WIC approved, or some things are more specific than others. I think the application process is kind of silly. They ask questions more than once, but in different ways.

Interview Questions
  • How would you politely deny an alcohol sale to a minor who has a friend with them who is of legal drinking age?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walmart.

3 interviews beginning with supervisor for that department then 2 more with someone from HR. Then you must go do your drug test after which they will call you for orientation and you will receive your first schedule. Basically when they ask you to come in for an interview you have the position.

Interview Questions
    • What was a situation where you felt that you could not complete your task at work or at school?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. All hourly salaries start at 7.70

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Walmart in October 2014.

Got a call from Human Resources, went in today to do a face face interview with the department manager. The questions was very basic and straight forward. After I passed the first interview he told me I was considered for a second interview that same day, which was with the Assistant manager. She was very down to earth and seemed really interested in me. After the second I was told that I had to a drug test & background check also before my orientation. I was hired on the spot!!!!

Interview Questions
    • They only asked simple behavioral questions. Nothing unexpected though   Answer Question

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Walmart in October 2014.

The interview was very simple. They ask for scenarios on how you handle difficult customers, what do you do when you have many tasks to get done, and when have you gone above and beyond at work. Easy interview. Not that hard to get hired. They start you off as a temp and if you do good within 2 months Theyllhire you ppermanently. They also send you in for a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you were in a difficult situation. How did you handle it and who did you ask for help?   Answer Question
    My schedule & my pay is $9.10 an hour

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

I applied online.

Interview was easy.
    If you got called for interview, then you're basically hired.

Then you will proceed to the drug test. The drug test was really easy. You just need to pee in a cup.

Interview Questions
    Nothing, they just tell you your salary.

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

They called a few days later and scheduled a time for me to come in for an interview. After the interview, I was asked to stay a little while longer. They basically gave me the job that day and I came in a week later for training.

Interview Questions
    No negotiating, flat hourly rate to all cashiers, even those with more experience. Slightly more to those who work night shift.

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

Interviewed twice two different ppl. They both asked all the same questions like they was filling out a form. Didn't have to give much details for the questions. They were pretty general i.e work experience, education level, crime records, etc. One interviewer did ask if I had a spouse & children.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewed twice two different ppl. They both asked all the same questions like they was filling out a form.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart in August 2014.

One person asked the question, while another personnel listened in and did something else. Didn't really seem like they cared what I said. Questions were standard questions about what you had done in the past dealing with a customer. You could find any of these questions online. From the turnover in this job, I got the impression they hired anyone that applied as long as you past the background check and drug screening. I even told them I didn't have an answer for one questions. Hired right there on the spot as soon as questions were done. I'm sorry, it just seemed like they were pushing cattle and anyone they could get to take the job they gave it to them. Break room had a poster that had some kind of company help that you, as an employee, could donate to help another associate who could afford to meet their own bills. It was right next to a copy of the big donation checks Walmart gave to other donations. Got to have that tax write off.

What was your best way of dealing with a irate customer, name a time and how you resolved it.

Interview Questions
    None. Poor pay for a job that you could go to prison if you sold alcohol to someone under age, even if they had gotten someone older to buy it for them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart in August 2014.

The questions was hard mainly behaviorial questions. Did the app on line got called back 2weeks later & got hired on the spot. Went thru two interview process and was sent out on and drug screening and got call back the same day.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had to lead a group of employees on and project what procedures did you use and what was the conclusion.   View Answers (3)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centralia, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centralia, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Walmart in July 2014.

I applied on-line in June 2014 and was interviewed twice in July 2014. I first received a call from the personnel manager to set it up.You will also deal with them with the job offer and orientation. The personnel manager was very kind and easy to talk with.

My first interview was with a member from CSM. Even though she was really tense, I still felt relax during the interview and did my best. This was my first job. I even made her laugh and really laugh when I kept trying to get out. I tried to go through four doors to get out. She tried to get the manager in charge of the front end to interview me immediately, but he was busy. We set it up for the next day.

The next day interview was with the front end manager, another CSM, and another manager. I did my best and they all seemed to like my answers, which were the same was the interview the day before.

Stay calm, Walmart wants to see that you can remain calm in a stressful situation, especially when being a cashier. So be yourself, pretend that you are talking to old friends and they are asking weird questions so they can know you better and to make sure the job is right for you.

There is a drug test after the job offer that has to be completed within 24 hours. There is no math or grammar tests. There is a personality questionnaire with the application when filling it out on-line.

Interview Questions
    • "Describe a time when you had to do a task, step-by-step."   Answer Question
    The negation phrase was here is your pay. The pay was decent, for me, it was $8.65/ hr. Not too bad in my opinion. They discussed benefits I would receive on the day you will start orientation.