Walmart Wal Mart Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2015
Updated Mar 17, 2015

2.3

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

3 interviews can be done in one day or weeks apart. The interviews are all with more than one person. Questions are easy and basic questions if you get an interview you are hired unless you fail a drug test or background check or be extremely stupid in interview! Orientation is easy and usually with a small group of other new hires.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to be a walmart cashier?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

To Long, interview with 4 to five people before I was hired. then you have to wait outside for long periods of time while they was lunch. Then they would call you back in to finish the interview process

Interview Questions
    • Why I wanted to work for Wal-Mart, have work in retail prior, How will can I handle situation with a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sebastian, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sebastian, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Walmart in March 2015.

Applied online, and was called for an interview about two weeks later. Was called in for interview, and had 2 interviews back to back, and was then offered the position. They then called my references, and sent me to take a drug test and conducted a background check.

Interview Questions
    • Open ended questions about teamwork, leadership, and conflict resoloution   View Answer
    "How does 8.35 for a cashier position sound?"

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

Overall, good. Basic behavorial questions and customer experience questions. How much customer service you have is a factor in getting the job. Make sure you are prepare for a variety of customer needs and problems and be sure to research walmarts values

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Saint Lucie, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

At first they took me to the back and three people sat down at a table in front of me and asked me life based situations. And then i sat back down in the waiting area then i met two other people and asked me more questions. The assistant manger was pretty tense on me about wheather i can handle the job but the lady was super nice to me. Be natural and use what you know. Unlike me i was a bumbling dummy. Wish i did better.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart in February 2015.

I went in for and interview last tuesday. Went through 2 interview. The interview went pretty smooth and the people were nice so I wasn't nerves. Went for my 3rd interview the next day. That interview just pretty much signing papers and drug testing. Now I just waiting for call back.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever handle a difficult customer, if so how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lithonia, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lithonia, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart in February 2015.

I was called around 8pm for a group interview we were all asked individual questions after we were sent in the hall and they called one girl back and had like a 10 to 20 min interview with her then they sent her home and called everyone else in and we all got the job and were sent to take drug test and wait for our backgrounds i was called the next day for a job offer

Interview Questions
    • all the questions were baised on situations or problems i faced at other jobs work or school and i was asked gow i handled the situation or problem   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart in February 2015.

Completed the application and took 3 days for them to call me. Interviewed with the assistant manager and someone else . They asked the basic questions . She was giving attitude the whole time like she didn't want me there . I was ready to go . She lied and said they'll call me that following Monday but they didn't . I called HR office and they said if she didn't offer you the drug test after the interview you didn't get it . I wouldn't recommend them .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

They ask the same questions as any other interview. They ask about a time you had a angry customer and how did you handle it. They questions are pretty basic and nothing should really catch you off guard. They make you sign a person that's says your temporary if you work overnight. They also make a dollar less if you work in the daytime.

They don't negotiate anything

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart.

It is important that you call the store and let them know you filled out an application. They only provide interviews for those that do this. I was then interviewed by who would be my immediate supervisor using the STAR method. I passed and then was immediately interviewed by a department supervisor. I was then hired.

Interview Questions
    • They use the STAR method and then rate you on the action and result you described.   Answer Question
    No negotiations. Paid minimum wage.