Walmart Wal Mart Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.3

172 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Walmart.

I applied online.

Interview was easy.
If you got called for interview, then you're basically hired.

Then you will proceed to the drug test. The drug test was really easy. You just need to pee in a cup.

Interview Questions
Nothing, they just tell you your salary.

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Katy, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Walmart in March 2010.

You go there and the manager introduces himself to me and i went to and office and he asked me some general questions and then told me some things and personality things it takes to be a Walmart cashier, like always be courteous and pateint with a customer. It overall was really easy.

Interview Questions
    • What qualities can you bring to the Walmart cashier staff?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Crockett, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crockett, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Walmart in November 2013.

Phone call to be interviewed, 2 people interview for prospect of placement. Questions about customer relations and past work is discussed, (very short) and then job offer is proposed. Drug test to be done within a 24 hours span from when I receive the form and hired the next day after passing the drug test. This was with a phone call.

Interview Questions
    • How have you handled a disgruntled customer?   View Answer
    No choices, just accept or not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  DeSoto, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in DeSoto, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Walmart in February 2011.

Interviewed by 2 different people. They both kept me waiting and I had to find them. The interview was held in the Personnel open area people were in and out and at times it felt like manager didn't care what I had to say. I was qualified for more than they were offering but they never suggested something I'd be better suited for. I had a college degree and 20 years experience and they offered a cashier position. At the time I desperately needed a job and took it.

They just gave me the hourly rate at the time.

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in November 2012.

Got an call on Monday to interview on Tuesday got the job that day. Had orientation on the following Wednesday. Training was a week 40 plus hours. Not much to say , Needed at least 2 references

Interview Questions
    • A time you had to tell an co worker the right thing to do. A time you had to be detailed.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Centralia, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centralia, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in July 2014.

I applied on-line in June 2014 and was interviewed twice in July 2014. I first received a call from the personnel manager to set it up.You will also deal with them with the job offer and orientation. The personnel manager was very kind and easy to talk with.

My first interview was with a member from CSM. Even though she was really tense, I still felt relax during the interview and did my best. This was my first job. I even made her laugh and really laugh when I kept trying to get out. I tried to go through four doors to get out. She tried to get the manager in charge of the front end to interview me immediately, but he was busy. We set it up for the next day.

The next day interview was with the front end manager, another CSM, and another manager. I did my best and they all seemed to like my answers, which were the same was the interview the day before.

Stay calm, Walmart wants to see that you can remain calm in a stressful situation, especially when being a cashier. So be yourself, pretend that you are talking to old friends and they are asking weird questions so they can know you better and to make sure the job is right for you.

There is a drug test after the job offer that has to be completed within 24 hours. There is no math or grammar tests. There is a personality questionnaire with the application when filling it out on-line.

Interview Questions
    • "Describe a time when you had to do a task, step-by-step."   Answer Question
    The negation phrase was here is your pay. The pay was decent, for me, it was $8.65/ hr. Not too bad in my opinion. They discussed benefits I would receive on the day you will start orientation.

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

interviewed at Walmart in July 2014.

Had a good interview and was told I was hired pending a background check and drug test. A few weeks later I got a letter saying the offer was rescinded because of a bounced check 21 years prior! If I am not good enough for Walmart because of that Walmart is not good enough for me or my family!

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

They called a few days later and scheduled a time for me to come in for an interview. After the interview, I was asked to stay a little while longer. They basically gave me the job that day and I came in a week later for training.

Interview Questions
    No negotiating, flat hourly rate to all cashiers, even those with more experience. Slightly more to those who work night shift.

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

Interviewed twice two different ppl. They both asked all the same questions like they was filling out a form. Didn't have to give much details for the questions. They were pretty general i.e work experience, education level, crime records, etc. One interviewer did ask if I had a spouse & children.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewed twice two different ppl. They both asked all the same questions like they was filling out a form.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Walmart in June 2014.

One interview, 2 people sit and ask you questions who have never interviewed anyone in their whole career. Then they go out talk between each other come back and tell you the salary if you accept you got the job.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions you do not have to be college graduate to answer their questions. As long as you can pass the drug test you are hired.   Answer Question

The place was not for me. I did not see a happy face at the front end ery disappointing.

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!