Walmart

Average Difficulty
157 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Rome, GA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Walmart in July 2012.

Interview Details – A few questions, mostly background information. They covered the job in high detail and discussed what they were looking for. The job was simple and so where the interview questions. Questions were: What was your most recent job? What where your responsibilities? What did you like? What didn't you like? Why did you leave? Ever been arrested? Just a standard interview.

Reason for Declining – received another offer at the same time.

Palatine, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in July 2014.

Interview Details – I called and spoke to hiring personnel, she told me she would call me back but did not. I called her back a couple days later and she asked could I come in for an interview the next day. While at the interview,they had to find anyone to interview me a supervisor or manager. The Zone Supervisor interviewed me he literally asked only four questions. He said come with him and wait outside the door. Next thing I know the hiring personnel lady came out and said they are very interested in me and my interview. I was offered the job on the spot. They want me to come back Friday to do drug test and finalize my offer.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you completed a difficult task? How did you handle that task? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Don't know yet!!!

Wal Mart Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in May 2012.

Interview Details – There was two interviews. The first one was a general interview where I was asked STAR questions. The second interview was very short where I was told more about the job and then I spoke with the hiring manager who offered me the job.

Interview Question – Can you tell me a time where you had a troubled customer ? And what did you do to handle this situation.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Commack, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Walmart in July 2014.

Interview Details – It really wasn't a interview. I came in asked for the hiring manager and was escorted to the back area and told to sit in a room with a long table and computers. The manager came in, handed me a 3 page packet and another paper that i had to sign and pyt my social on and check off whether or not i've ever been convicted of a crime. Once i was done she gave me directions to get a drug test and the lab paper and saud once she gets the results i would be recieving a call for orientation on thursday. She didn't ask any questions at all, which was fine with me.

Interview Question – She didnt ask me any questions   View Answer

Wal Mart Cashier

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Walmart in July 2014.

Interview Details – I filled out the application and was called in for an interview a couple days later. It was pretty simple. The first interview was a bit easier than the second interview, this I think was mostly due to the personality of the first interviewer. The second interviewer was with a older gentleman with a tough core to crack. A drug test and a background check was also performed.

Interview Question – What would you do if a customer pushed to say a price on an item was cheaper than what was ringed up on the register?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Wal Mart Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart in April 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process consists of two interviews. If the supervisor likes you, you will receive another interview by a manager. Step three consists of a drug screening and background check. If you make it this far and can pass the drug screening you have the job.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you had to deal with an upset customer.   Answer Question

Wal Mart Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in November 2013.

Interview Details – They Just ask you little sanerios and to put them on what you would do in a difficult situation and who you would talk to and so on. very easy interview very fast.

Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in April 2013.

Interview Details – Online application, resulted in call back to a store further away than the one I applied for right around the corner from me. Pre interview from the front end manager, then kicked up to another personnel manager and friends, then the general manager.

Interview Question – The front end manager did the most difficult questions, and none of them were unexpected or that difficult.
Walmart generally uses very stock, "low liability" hiring, employment & firing processes. They call it "loss protection" and/or "shrink"... the same as merchandise on the floor. I suppose the nearest thing to difficult is how I have handled difficult "on the spot" situations and I had to give an example so....
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. You take what they offer and keep quiet. A lot of serious documentation on Wal-Mart's part, and contracts are largely for their protection against unionizing, pay increases, and length of employment. At point of sign on, they make sure you understand it's a temporary hire. I made sure to let them know I wanted to eventually move to location closer to me after my six months. I signed so many papers, I did not receive actual copies of my signed portions, only a folder with all the rules.

Hinesville, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in April 2010.

Interview Details – We had a group interview. They asked up to answer questions and explain our answers. It seemed to be a test of how we deal with a stressful situation. It can be hard to answer pointed questions in front of other people who may have already came up with the same answer.

Interview Question – how to deal with a rowdy customer   Answer Question

Ellijay, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in October 2012.

Interview Details – I was called by phone to come for an interview. Was told there would be a follow up interview, but there was not. It was combined with the filling out of forms and showing proof of ability to work, etc.

Interview Question – There really was not a difficult or unexpected question. All questions were similar to those on the application or some variation of them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. You accepted their terms, or you did not get the job.

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!