Walmart Wal Mart Cashier Interview Questions & Reviews

2.4

165 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Centralia, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centralia, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in July 2014.

I applied on-line in June 2014 and was interviewed twice in July 2014. I first received a call from the personnel manager to set it up.You will also deal with them with the job offer and orientation. The personnel manager was very kind and easy to talk with.

My first interview was with a member from CSM. Even though she was really tense, I still felt relax during the interview and did my best. This was my first job. I even made her laugh and really laugh when I kept trying to get out. I tried to go through four doors to get out. She tried to get the manager in charge of the front end to interview me immediately, but he was busy. We set it up for the next day.

The next day interview was with the front end manager, another CSM, and another manager. I did my best and they all seemed to like my answers, which were the same was the interview the day before.

Stay calm, Walmart wants to see that you can remain calm in a stressful situation, especially when being a cashier. So be yourself, pretend that you are talking to old friends and they are asking weird questions so they can know you better and to make sure the job is right for you.

There is a drug test after the job offer that has to be completed within 24 hours. There is no math or grammar tests. There is a personality questionnaire with the application when filling it out on-line.

Interview Questions
  • "Describe a time when you had to do a task, step-by-step."   Answer Question
The negation phrase was here is your pay. The pay was decent, for me, it was $8.65/ hr. Not too bad in my opinion. They discussed benefits I would receive on the day you will start orientation.

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

Interviewed twice two different ppl. They both asked all the same questions like they was filling out a form. Didn't have to give much details for the questions. They were pretty general i.e work experience, education level, crime records, etc. One interviewer did ask if I had a spouse & children.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewed twice two different ppl. They both asked all the same questions like they was filling out a form.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Walmart in June 2014.

One interview, 2 people sit and ask you questions who have never interviewed anyone in their whole career. Then they go out talk between each other come back and tell you the salary if you accept you got the job.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions you do not have to be college graduate to answer their questions. As long as you can pass the drug test you are hired.   Answer Question

The place was not for me. I did not see a happy face at the front end ery disappointing.

Anonymous Employee  in  Columbus, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Walmart in August 2014.

The questions was hard mainly behaviorial questions. Did the app on line got called back 2weeks later & got hired on the spot. Went thru two interview process and was sent out on and drug screening and got call back the same day.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had to lead a group of employees on and project what procedures did you use and what was the conclusion.   View Answers (2)

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart in July 2014.

I filled my application online and called several times. Was called for a interview, had references checked. A offer of employment was made completed background and drug test paperwork. I took my drug test and it had been a week and still have not heard back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Manville, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manville, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in July 2013.

applied online. the process took 1 week. Both interviews are 1 on 1, Let wal mart call you. if you don't hear from them after a week , call and check on your app.

Interview Questions
    • basic questions.

why work for Wal-Mart?
      availability?
      what would you do if you had a horrible customer.
      how do you determine how to finish certain task?
      describe a time you had a conflict with another co worker or boss. how was it resolved.
        Answer Question
    pay descent

Anonymous Employee  in  Rome, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Rome, GA

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Walmart in July 2012.

A few questions, mostly background information. They covered the job in high detail and discussed what they were looking for. The job was simple and so where the interview questions. Questions were: What was your most recent job? What where your responsibilities? What did you like? What didn't you like? Why did you leave? Ever been arrested? Just a standard interview.

received another offer at the same time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Depew, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Depew, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in July 2014.

It was very easy the mangers liked me so i got the job offer. they told me that they would promote to supervisor position, they just wonted to get my foot in the door. And God was there.

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Palatine, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palatine, IL

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in July 2014.

I called and spoke to hiring personnel, she told me she would call me back but did not. I called her back a couple days later and she asked could I come in for an interview the next day. While at the interview,they had to find anyone to interview me a supervisor or manager. The Zone Supervisor interviewed me he literally asked only four questions. He said come with him and wait outside the door. Next thing I know the hiring personnel lady came out and said they are very interested in me and my interview. I was offered the job on the spot. They want me to come back Friday to do drug test and finalize my offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you completed a difficult task? How did you handle that task? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    Don't know yet!!!

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in May 2012.

There was two interviews. The first one was a general interview where I was asked STAR questions. The second interview was very short where I was told more about the job and then I spoke with the hiring manager who offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell me a time where you had a troubled customer ? And what did you do to handle this situation.   Answer Question

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!