Walmart

Average Difficulty
152 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Wal Mart Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart in April 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process consists of two interviews. If the supervisor likes you, you will receive another interview by a manager. Step three consists of a drug screening and background check. If you make it this far and can pass the drug screening you have the job.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you had to deal with an upset customer.   Answer Question

Wal Mart Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in November 2013.

Interview Details – They Just ask you little sanerios and to put them on what you would do in a difficult situation and who you would talk to and so on. very easy interview very fast.

Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in April 2013.

Interview Details – Online application, resulted in call back to a store further away than the one I applied for right around the corner from me. Pre interview from the front end manager, then kicked up to another personnel manager and friends, then the general manager.

Interview Question – The front end manager did the most difficult questions, and none of them were unexpected or that difficult.
Walmart generally uses very stock, "low liability" hiring, employment & firing processes. They call it "loss protection" and/or "shrink"... the same as merchandise on the floor. I suppose the nearest thing to difficult is how I have handled difficult "on the spot" situations and I had to give an example so....
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. You take what they offer and keep quiet. A lot of serious documentation on Wal-Mart's part, and contracts are largely for their protection against unionizing, pay increases, and length of employment. At point of sign on, they make sure you understand it's a temporary hire. I made sure to let them know I wanted to eventually move to location closer to me after my six months. I signed so many papers, I did not receive actual copies of my signed portions, only a folder with all the rules.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hinesville, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in April 2010.

Interview Details – We had a group interview. They asked up to answer questions and explain our answers. It seemed to be a test of how we deal with a stressful situation. It can be hard to answer pointed questions in front of other people who may have already came up with the same answer.

Interview Question – how to deal with a rowdy customer   Answer Question

Ellijay, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in October 2012.

Interview Details – I was called by phone to come for an interview. Was told there would be a follow up interview, but there was not. It was combined with the filling out of forms and showing proof of ability to work, etc.

Interview Question – There really was not a difficult or unexpected question. All questions were similar to those on the application or some variation of them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. You accepted their terms, or you did not get the job.

Interviewed at Walmart

Interview Details – Standard internet questions line you up with opening per store. Generally they have temp or seasonal openings that if you do well on your evaluation they will call back after the seasonal openings and offer you a more permanent part time job. I actually worked 45+ hrs a week as part time.

Port Charlotte, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart in March 2014.

Interview Details – I received a phone call from Personnel asking if I was still interested in a position at their store. I set up a time to come in for an interview. When I arrived for the interview, I had to review some paperwork beforehand. I felt nervous but confident that I would get this job. I spoke to a supervisor for my first interview who asked me 3 questions. She was a little asian lady who was very friendly and made me feel very comfortable. She seemed to be very satisfied with my answers and said I would be a great fit for the company. I was told to wait for a few minutes and soon the assistant manager came in. He asked me if I had any questions and I jokingly said, "Yeah, am I hired?" He proceeded to tell me I would be going to the next room over to get set up to do a drug test. I knew immediately that I had the job! Easiest interview experience ever!

Interview Question – None. You'd have to be an idiot to not know the answers to the questions they asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. It was either take it or leave it.

Wal Mart Cashier

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – A two part interview asking questions about decision making. Hired on the spot officially offered after passing drug test 24 hours later. You are interviewed first by an hourly associate who then if they like you sends you to the second phase of repetitive questions

Interview Question – the questions were repetitive   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none the company has their starting pay rates and thats it

Towson, MD

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in February 2014.

Interview Details – The process took 1 week after I applied in person. Interviewed in February, 2014. Process was not complicated. They got back to me within the week after the interview.

Interview Question – “What are the three basic beliefs of Walmart?   View Answers (2)

Wal Mart Cashier

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – The process was very easy. They take you up front to test your ability to be a cashier. Then they send you out to do a drug test. In a week or so they call you back for orientation.

Interview Question – The questions to move up are hard. You have step to step questions to answer.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Walmart

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!

Walmart Videos

Walmart – Why Work for Us?

Our Businesses Our mission is to save people money so they can live better. And every division, business unit and department that makes up Walmart is committed to using our company’s size and scale to make the biggest… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walmart Wal Mart Cashier interview questions and advice. All 152 interview reviews posted anonymously by Walmart employees and interview candidates.