Walmart Wal Mart Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Fayetteville, AR).

Interview

Pretty basic interview. Got a call from HR/personnel for an interview. Got interviewed by a CSM and then had an interview with a Assistant manager, they just asked some basic customer service questions and then was offered the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Decide to apply. When I did it , it took forever and still waiting for a call back . Call or bug themail to show that you are interested in it.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Quick. Applied at the store, was called a week later. Very nice hiring manager. Process really simple. In was pretty much offered the job on the spot. I started the following week, with a new incoming group. I also received a phone call confirming my hire and my start date. Best hiring process I have ever been through.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service means to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Niles, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Niles, IL).

Interview

I applied online at the Walmart store. I was called in for am interview. I interviewed with a human resources associate , then with a manager. I was hired after about three weeks from first applying.

Interview Questions

• When would I be available to work.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Dallas, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a call back the same day and told her I could come in for an interview which I did. Very nice and easy interview. The lady who interviewed me was very personable and made me feel very comfortable. We talked for about an hour and then I was offered the job and sent to do the mandatory drug test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Starting at 9.00 an hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Augusta, ME) in August 2015.

Interview

Never send me an e-mail as to what I qualified for and was told it would be posted to my e-mail within 2 hours per telephone conversation with representative; and the jobs are still open in the Augusta, Maine store.

Interview Questions

• What position was I looking for.   2 Answers

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart in August 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application online on Wednesday of last week, and got a call Thursday morning to come in that afternoon for an interview. I brought in a cover letter and resume (not many people do this so it helps you to stand out!) and I had a 2 part interview. The first part I did TERRIBLE. I was nervous, I wasn't specific when they wanted specific examples to their situation questions - it was bad. However, she was very nice and told me that a manager from Front End would be in to interview me as well. She told me to stay calm and try to think of specific times that could be from a previous job, a situation at home with family, or even in school. The second interview went SWIMMINGLY. My second interviewer smiled the whole time and I was much more comfortable with her.She let me know that she was going to go ahead and put me through for a cashier job. She made a few calls and then did a job offer. I was told the job was mine as long as I passed my drug test that was scheduled the next morning (Friday) and that it takes a few days for them to get the results and that I would hear from them sometime mid next week (this week). HOWEVER, just a couple of hours after I took the drug test personnel from Walmart called me to have me come in for orientation (that I went to yesterday). Later this week I will be doing my 16 hours of CBLs and then next week I start training. It was pretty painless, and it everything happened so quickly.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with an angry customer. What steps did you take to calm them down and help them?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Howell, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Howell, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

It started with a telephone screening and an interview date was set up within 3 days of the phone call. The interview was very easy and quite informal. I felt the Interviewer was extremely pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Describe a problem that happened and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my hours.

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

Interview

The interview process was very easy. I applied online and a few weeks later I recieved a call from the location I applied to. Came in, was directed to the backroom in one of the offices. Answered the basic interview questions (make sure you appear to be a team player but also capable of working independently) and waited for another interview with the store manager. My first interview went well enough that I was able to expedite the rest of the process, and I was asked to come back in the following day. Be advised, once you take the drug test, it could be a few weeks until you are called for orientation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Anonymous Employee in Pontotoc, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Pontotoc, MS).

Interview

It took them a week after I put in my app, to get the call. The interview was the next day. Pretty simple interview. Just asked me ten questions I believe. Different then some lower jobs' interviews, the most professional that I've been to. I was working two days after the interview.

Interview Questions

• They ask questions in like a scenario way. To know how you approach a problem and handle one also.   Answer Question