Walmart

Updated Jan 21, 2015

2.3

199 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Walmart.

Was very Applied online then they called a few days later to come in for an interview. You interview with a zms then if you pass that interview you have to interview with an assistant manager, zms, and the head of the department you are applying for all at once. It was weird having a three on one interview. They gave me a drug test I had to take within 24 hours and then they called me within a week and told me to come in for the job offer. That's when you meet the store head manager she/he offers you the job

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

I applied in the store. they took about a week to get back to me and then asked me typical interview questions. There was a review board of three people asking questions in the break room.

Interview Questions
    They slid me a piece of paper that had my starting pay on it and asked me to sign.

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

Applied online then they called a few days later to come in for an interview. You interview with a zms then if you pass that interview you have to interview with an assistant manager, zms, and the head of the department you are applying for all at once. It was weird having a three on one interview. They gave me a drug test I had to take within 24 hours and then they called me within a week and told me to come in for the job offer. That's when you meet the store head manager she/he offers you the job.

No negotiating needed.

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

It took a very long time to get an interview they had called me and the interview process was very long i didnt like that it was group interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart.

I applied online, and took a skills test.
    I was referred by an employee to get an interview. Which helped because I did not have previous experience as a cashier.
    I got an interview, after the interview was over I was offered the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart in December 2014.

Interviewer was about 2 hours late so I basically got the job beacuse I smiled and waited patiently. After first interview I had a second with the department manager. Who basically said you are a temp for the first 90 days

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you faced a problem at work and how did you solve it....   Answer Question
    No negation.... pay starts at 7.90 firm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart in November 2014.

Applied online they called same day to schedule interview. Went in for interview all questions are " tell me about a time..." After first interview she told me to wait for assistant manager then I had second interview and basically same kind of question. Really easy interview. Got the job offer same day.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart.

I've applied online, next day i've got a call and i've been called in for an interview. I've asked several times about the schedule but didn't get an answer. After the interview i've got a job offer for an overnight cashier.

Interview Questions
    • talk about a time when you had several things to do at once.
      how do you manage a conflict.
      how do you deal with a difficult customer.
      talk about your past experience as a cashier/sales associate.

Answer Question

It was an exclusive all night job

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart in November 2014.

Really easy. 3 rounds of interviews with different management. Questions about work history. Ex: name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you handle it. Just get in the habit of answering all interview questions in the STAR format. After interviews you get the offer. Pass the drug and background check and you're in. Process from application to orientation took about a week....oh and get ready to squiggly....

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer?   View Answer
    No negotiations

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Walmart in October 2014.

The interview was very simple. They ask for scenarios on how you handle difficult customers, what do you do when you have many tasks to get done, and when have you gone above and beyond at work. Easy interview. Not that hard to get hired. They start you off as a temp and if you do good within 2 months Theyllhire you ppermanently. They also send you in for a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you were in a difficult situation. How did you handle it and who did you ask for help?   View Answer
    My schedule & my pay is $9.10 an hour