Walmart

Average Difficulty
164 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Wal Mart Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Interviewed twice two different ppl. They both asked all the same questions like they was filling out a form. Didn't have to give much details for the questions. They were pretty general i.e work experience, education level, crime records, etc. One interviewer did ask if I had a spouse & children.

Interview Question – Interviewed twice two different ppl. They both asked all the same questions like they was filling out a form.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Wal Mart Cashier

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Walmart in June 2014.

Interview Details – One interview, 2 people sit and ask you questions who have never interviewed anyone in their whole career. Then they go out talk between each other come back and tell you the salary if you accept you got the job.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions you do not have to be college graduate to answer their questions. As long as you can pass the drug test you are hired.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The place was not for me. I did not see a happy face at the front end ery disappointing.

Columbus, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Walmart in August 2014.

Interview Details – The questions was hard mainly behaviorial questions. Did the app on line got called back 2weeks later & got hired on the spot. Went thru two interview process and was sent out on and drug screening and got call back the same day.

Interview Question – Explain a time when you had to lead a group of employees on and project what procedures did you use and what was the conclusion.   View Answers (2)

Wal Mart Cashier

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart in July 2014.

Interview Details – I filled my application online and called several times. Was called for a interview, had references checked. A offer of employment was made completed background and drug test paperwork. I took my drug test and it had been a week and still have not heard back.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Manville, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in July 2013.

Interview Details – applied online. the process took 1 week. Both interviews are 1 on 1, Let wal mart call you. if you don't hear from them after a week , call and check on your app.

Interview Question – basic questions.

why work for Wal-Mart?
availability?
what would you do if you had a horrible customer.
how do you determine how to finish certain task?
describe a time you had a conflict with another co worker or boss. how was it resolved.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – pay descent

Rome, GA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Walmart in July 2012.

Interview Details – A few questions, mostly background information. They covered the job in high detail and discussed what they were looking for. The job was simple and so where the interview questions. Questions were: What was your most recent job? What where your responsibilities? What did you like? What didn't you like? Why did you leave? Ever been arrested? Just a standard interview.

Reason for Declining – received another offer at the same time.

Depew, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in July 2014.

Interview Details – It was very easy the mangers liked me so i got the job offer. they told me that they would promote to supervisor position, they just wonted to get my foot in the door. And God was there.

Negotiation Details – none

Palatine, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in July 2014.

Interview Details – I called and spoke to hiring personnel, she told me she would call me back but did not. I called her back a couple days later and she asked could I come in for an interview the next day. While at the interview,they had to find anyone to interview me a supervisor or manager. The Zone Supervisor interviewed me he literally asked only four questions. He said come with him and wait outside the door. Next thing I know the hiring personnel lady came out and said they are very interested in me and my interview. I was offered the job on the spot. They want me to come back Friday to do drug test and finalize my offer.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you completed a difficult task? How did you handle that task? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Don't know yet!!!

Wal Mart Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in May 2012.

Interview Details – There was two interviews. The first one was a general interview where I was asked STAR questions. The second interview was very short where I was told more about the job and then I spoke with the hiring manager who offered me the job.

Interview Question – Can you tell me a time where you had a troubled customer ? And what did you do to handle this situation.   Answer Question

Commack, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Walmart in July 2014.

Interview Details – It really wasn't a interview. I came in asked for the hiring manager and was escorted to the back area and told to sit in a room with a long table and computers. The manager came in, handed me a 3 page packet and another paper that i had to sign and pyt my social on and check off whether or not i've ever been convicted of a crime. Once i was done she gave me directions to get a drug test and the lab paper and saud once she gets the results i would be recieving a call for orientation on thursday. She didn't ask any questions at all, which was fine with me.

Interview Question – She didnt ask me any questions   View Answer

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!