Walmart Wal Mart Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Walmart (Troy, AL).

Interview

I received a phone call from an admin/HR clerk and the interview was set for the next day. The customer service supervisor walked us into a back office and asked some standard questions. The overall air was fairly casual; I had probably overdressed a bit. He started out by going over what I had put on the application. It was really fast, maybe ten minutes.

Interview Questions

• When I was available, how was I at handling money, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, there was a set scale that Cashiers are started with.

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart (Appleton, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

I did not get an interview until I called they said they were just waiting for the call. Very Simple questions, But the hours I could not have the ones I requested and tried to change them. Seemed a little picky on hours, I was asked to stay for a second and got asked the same questions again but by a bigger manager. I was also asked to do a trail cashier. I went to a register and "played the part" After he said he will continue my hiring and has to do a back round check and reference call. So now I wait.

Interview Questions

• How would you accomplish many tasks by the end of the day?   1 Answer

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

3 interviews can be done in one day or weeks apart. The interviews are all with more than one person. Questions are easy and basic questions if you get an interview you are hired unless you fail a drug test or background check or be extremely stupid in interview! Orientation is easy and usually with a small group of other new hires.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a walmart cashier?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sebastian, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Walmart (Sebastian, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online, and was called for an interview about two weeks later. Was called in for interview, and had 2 interviews back to back, and was then offered the position. They then called my references, and sent me to take a drug test and conducted a background check.

Interview Questions

• Open ended questions about teamwork, leadership, and conflict resoloution   1 Answer

Negotiation

"How does 8.35 for a cashier position sound?"

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart in March 2015.

Interview

group interview, where a certain number were selected from the resumes sent in. they looked over resumes and them ask what position everyone was applying for, I said any. Then the interviews decided who they wanted to hire. the ones not picked (one other girl and myself) were called out in the hall and told that we were not selected and we left, and that was it. pretty sad since I have experience.

Interview Questions

• only question was - what position are you applying fore.   1 Answer

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

To Long, interview with 4 to five people before I was hired. then you have to wait outside for long periods of time while they was lunch. Then they would call you back in to finish the interview process

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work for Wal-Mart, have work in retail prior, How will can I handle situation with a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Walmart (Orlando, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied in February & got called at the last of March for an interview . The interview overall took 2-3 hours . Due to coming around lunch time . I had 2 interviews that day very easy questions . I was suppose to have 3 but the HR forgot that she had to call my reference came back two days after calling my reference I finally had my last interview with the assistant manager & was hired . Next day I went and took my drug test that Friday & Monday I had orientation . In total I had 3 interviews . The managers were very friendly & nice . Now I'm doing my cbl training .

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They gave a great offer , the pay was more than I expected . The manager told me 2 weeks after the pay will rise again .

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Overall, good. Basic behavorial questions and customer experience questions. How much customer service you have is a factor in getting the job. Make sure you are prepare for a variety of customer needs and problems and be sure to research walmarts values

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Saint Lucie, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart (Port Saint Lucie, FL).

Interview

At first they took me to the back and three people sat down at a table in front of me and asked me life based situations. And then i sat back down in the waiting area then i met two other people and asked me more questions. The assistant manger was pretty tense on me about wheather i can handle the job but the lady was super nice to me. Be natural and use what you know. Unlike me i was a bumbling dummy. Wish i did better.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart (Torrance, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I went in for and interview last tuesday. Went through 2 interview. The interview went pretty smooth and the people were nice so I wasn't nerves. Went for my 3rd interview the next day. That interview just pretty much signing papers and drug testing. Now I just waiting for call back.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever handle a difficult customer, if so how did you handle it?   Answer Question