Walmart Wal Mart Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart (Tallahassee, FL).

Interview

There are two interview processes. There first is with the ZMS ( front-end supervisor) and the second is with front-end Assistant Manager. They both ask a series of scenario questions.

Interview Questions

• Name and describe a specific time that you had to multitask.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garner, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Walmart (Garner, NC).

Interview

Easy interview. The HR manager asked typical interview questions. The questions were scenario based. The interview was not hard at all. It should not be difficult getting a job at Walmart.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Walmart (Livonia, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a very fast process for me. I filled out application for Walmart cashier positions as well as a few other positions as well in the morning they called me back the same day in the afternoon I did not answer they left a voicemail. I called back the next day. We set up a interview for the following day. I wore a long sleeve button up shirt,dress pants and heels. I went to the interview a hour early they knew I was there waiting I believe that helped out alot by showing up extra early because when I had my interview it was two female managers. They only asked me three questions. I did not put any experience on my application plus I had open availability. While I was in the interview they showed me a copy of my application I filed out online they told me to review and sign it. They asked me three questions then they walked in to a room and came back and told me I was hired they told me I had 24 hours from that day to take my drug test at a different location which was a clinic. They called me two days later to make sure I went to take the test then they called me. The next business day and told me to come in for orientation bring my I.d and social security card also wear a blue or white shirt and khaki pants.

Interview Questions

• if a angry customer approached me how would I handle the situation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They told me the starting pay rate for new employees were 9.00 and hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Knolls, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walmart (Cedar Knolls, NJ).

Interview

Very simple. Didn't ask any question about the company. Just question about a time when I had to make a hard decision or had to work together. Overall it was quick. They also made me do a drug test before I got the job, if that is a concern to anyone.

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

Interview

The process was really simply. The normal interview questions, very brief. I was interviewed by the person who was going to be my direct superviser and an assistant manger. The both of them asked very similar interview questions. Each supervisors were very nice and even helped me to answer interview questions when I was stumped. They really wanted me to get my job.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenging time? And how did you over come?   Answer Question

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Just a bunch of questions relating to work history and customer interactions as well as response to hypothetical customer situations. If you can pass a drug screen you are getting the job as long as your not completely incompetent and ignorant. It don't take much to get hired at Walmart.

Interview Questions

• What is your best and worst quality.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Walmart (Troy, AL).

Interview

I received a phone call from an admin/HR clerk and the interview was set for the next day. The customer service supervisor walked us into a back office and asked some standard questions. The overall air was fairly casual; I had probably overdressed a bit. He started out by going over what I had put on the application. It was really fast, maybe ten minutes.

Interview Questions

• When I was available, how was I at handling money, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, there was a set scale that Cashiers are started with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart (Appleton, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

I did not get an interview until I called they said they were just waiting for the call. Very Simple questions, But the hours I could not have the ones I requested and tried to change them. Seemed a little picky on hours, I was asked to stay for a second and got asked the same questions again but by a bigger manager. I was also asked to do a trail cashier. I went to a register and "played the part" After he said he will continue my hiring and has to do a back round check and reference call. So now I wait.

Interview Questions

• How would you accomplish many tasks by the end of the day?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valdosta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart (Valdosta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was basically experience questions. I had to answer 4 of them an 2 of them sounded almost the same. Each question is a 'question within a question". It really wasn't that bad . If this is your first job, think of things you would do if you were in that situation.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a difficult customer. What did you do to solve it? what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

3 interviews can be done in one day or weeks apart. The interviews are all with more than one person. Questions are easy and basic questions if you get an interview you are hired unless you fail a drug test or background check or be extremely stupid in interview! Orientation is easy and usually with a small group of other new hires.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a walmart cashier?   1 Answer