Walmart Wal Mart Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.2

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

Interview

The interview process was very easy. I applied online and a few weeks later I recieved a call from the location I applied to. Came in, was directed to the backroom in one of the offices. Answered the basic interview questions (make sure you appear to be a team player but also capable of working independently) and waited for another interview with the store manager. My first interview went well enough that I was able to expedite the rest of the process, and I was asked to come back in the following day. Be advised, once you take the drug test, it could be a few weeks until you are called for orientation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pontotoc, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart (Pontotoc, MS).

Interview

It took them a week after I put in my app, to get the call. The interview was the next day. Pretty simple interview. Just asked me ten questions I believe. Different then some lower jobs' interviews, the most professional that I've been to. I was working two days after the interview.

Interview Questions

• They ask questions in like a scenario way. To know how you approach a problem and handle one also.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart (Atlanta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online got a called back the next week for a group interview. There were about 10 people in my group and 5 interviewers. Very easy interview I got the feeling they were just getting to know us as people and they talked a lot about delivering good customer service and their expectations of their employees. Second interview was the following week with HR one on one and gave you papers to take your drug test.

Interview Questions

• Why is customer service important to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart (Everett, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

There was about 8 people waiting for interviews all at the same time, we were brought back one at a time with different people. People were nice. Made you feel comfortable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart (Tallahassee, FL).

Interview

There are two interview processes. There first is with the ZMS ( front-end supervisor) and the second is with front-end Assistant Manager. They both ask a series of scenario questions.

Interview Questions

• Name and describe a specific time that you had to multitask.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garner, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Walmart (Garner, NC).

Interview

Easy interview. The HR manager asked typical interview questions. The questions were scenario based. The interview was not hard at all. It should not be difficult getting a job at Walmart.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Walmart (Livonia, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a very fast process for me. I filled out application for Walmart cashier positions as well as a few other positions as well in the morning they called me back the same day in the afternoon I did not answer they left a voicemail. I called back the next day. We set up a interview for the following day. I wore a long sleeve button up shirt,dress pants and heels. I went to the interview a hour early they knew I was there waiting I believe that helped out alot by showing up extra early because when I had my interview it was two female managers. They only asked me three questions. I did not put any experience on my application plus I had open availability. While I was in the interview they showed me a copy of my application I filed out online they told me to review and sign it. They asked me three questions then they walked in to a room and came back and told me I was hired they told me I had 24 hours from that day to take my drug test at a different location which was a clinic. They called me two days later to make sure I went to take the test then they called me. The next business day and told me to come in for orientation bring my I.d and social security card also wear a blue or white shirt and khaki pants.

Interview Questions

• if a angry customer approached me how would I handle the situation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They told me the starting pay rate for new employees were 9.00 and hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Knolls, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walmart (Cedar Knolls, NJ).

Interview

Very simple. Didn't ask any question about the company. Just question about a time when I had to make a hard decision or had to work together. Overall it was quick. They also made me do a drug test before I got the job, if that is a concern to anyone.

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Just a bunch of questions relating to work history and customer interactions as well as response to hypothetical customer situations. If you can pass a drug screen you are getting the job as long as your not completely incompetent and ignorant. It don't take much to get hired at Walmart.

Interview Questions

• What is your best and worst quality.   1 Answer

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

Interview

The process was really simply. The normal interview questions, very brief. I was interviewed by the person who was going to be my direct superviser and an assistant manger. The both of them asked very similar interview questions. Each supervisors were very nice and even helped me to answer interview questions when I was stumped. They really wanted me to get my job.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenging time? And how did you over come?   Answer Question