Walmart

Updated Feb 24, 2015
Updated Feb 24, 2015

2.3

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

It took a very long time to get an interview they had called me and the interview process was very long i didnt like that it was group interview

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart.

I applied online, and took a skills test.
    I was referred by an employee to get an interview. Which helped because I did not have previous experience as a cashier.
    I got an interview, after the interview was over I was offered the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart in December 2014.

Interviewer was about 2 hours late so I basically got the job beacuse I smiled and waited patiently. After first interview I had a second with the department manager. Who basically said you are a temp for the first 90 days

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you faced a problem at work and how did you solve it....   Answer Question
    No negation.... pay starts at 7.90 firm

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart.

I've applied online, next day i've got a call and i've been called in for an interview. I've asked several times about the schedule but didn't get an answer. After the interview i've got a job offer for an overnight cashier.

Interview Questions
    • talk about a time when you had several things to do at once.
      how do you manage a conflict.
      how do you deal with a difficult customer.
      talk about your past experience as a cashier/sales associate.

Answer Question

It was an exclusive all night job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart in November 2014.

Applied online they called same day to schedule interview. Went in for interview all questions are " tell me about a time..." After first interview she told me to wait for assistant manager then I had second interview and basically same kind of question. Really easy interview. Got the job offer same day.

No negotiation

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart in November 2014.

Really easy. 3 rounds of interviews with different management. Questions about work history. Ex: name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you handle it. Just get in the habit of answering all interview questions in the STAR format. After interviews you get the offer. Pass the drug and background check and you're in. Process from application to orientation took about a week....oh and get ready to squiggly....

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer?   View Answer
    No negotiations

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Walmart in October 2014.

The interview was very simple. They ask for scenarios on how you handle difficult customers, what do you do when you have many tasks to get done, and when have you gone above and beyond at work. Easy interview. Not that hard to get hired. They start you off as a temp and if you do good within 2 months Theyllhire you ppermanently. They also send you in for a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you were in a difficult situation. How did you handle it and who did you ask for help?   View Answer
    My schedule & my pay is $9.10 an hour

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

I think they have a good interview process for cashiers. The interviewee gets to talk to one of the CSM's and then the store manager. I think that talking with a CSM gives the store manager help in deciding who to hire because the CSM knows more about the everyday things that goes on in cashiering. They know more about the ways things are do em such as WIC. WIC is kind of particular, and here are things that are not WIC approved, or some things are more specific than others. I think the application process is kind of silly. They ask questions more than once, but in different ways.

Interview Questions
    • How would you politely deny an alcohol sale to a minor who has a friend with them who is of legal drinking age?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walmart.

3 interviews beginning with supervisor for that department then 2 more with someone from HR. Then you must go do your drug test after which they will call you for orientation and you will receive your first schedule. Basically when they ask you to come in for an interview you have the position.

Interview Questions
    • What was a situation where you felt that you could not complete your task at work or at school?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. All hourly salaries start at 7.70

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Walmart in October 2014.

Got a call from Human Resources, went in today to do a face face interview with the department manager. The questions was very basic and straight forward. After I passed the first interview he told me I was considered for a second interview that same day, which was with the Assistant manager. She was very down to earth and seemed really interested in me. After the second I was told that I had to a drug test & background check also before my orientation. I was hired on the spot!!!!

Interview Questions
    • They only asked simple behavioral questions. Nothing unexpected though   Answer Question