Walmart

Average Difficulty
153 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Westminster, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Contacted me after filling out an application at the kiosk in the building. I interviewed with what is now called a Zone Manager (ZMS) and then an assistant manager.

Interview Question – The insurmountable problem you overcame question and how you deal with emergency situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation is next to impossible especially with the current economy. They will pass you over.

Wal Mart Cashier

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Applied and after about 2 weeks got a phone call for an interview. Got there a little early to find that the CSM had not been told she was doing an interview. Had to wait a minute while she got ready, then was asked about 5 what name a time when.... questions then the 1st interview was done. The 2nd interview was with the front-end manage who was busy, so I had to wait about 20 more minutes. He asked me a couple name a time when questions and then asked why Walmart and what not. Then he talked to me about my application and then interview was over. Got called in to do the background check and drug test a few days later and after about a week of waiting, got called in for orientation.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were easy, use all kinds of different experiences, work related of not. The hardest question for me was why do I want to work for Walmart.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not any negotiations. Just signed a contract and started orientation.

Dallas, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Walmart in May 2013.

Interview Details – Whole interview lasted in probably less than an hour, they ask you several questions. Didn;t ask any personal questions "Tell me about yourself.. ect." Ask you if your interested in the position and give you your approximate pay and ask you take a drug test.

Interview Question – Describe an instance when you where required to make a serious judgement?   Answer Question

Pinellas Park, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – I applied online. About 3 weeks later I received a call to come in for an interview. Upon coming in, I waited for about 20 minutes until finally being led to a conference room in the very back of the store. There I waited an additional 15 minutes, as a panel of about 6 people came in. I was very surprised to see this many people sitting across the table from me. It was a very intimidating scenario.
They were very unprofessional, laughing with each other and making derogatory remarks about other coworkers. I would normally be relieved at a more casual environment, but this was a very odd uncomfortable situation. Over all it was a very awkward experience.
At the end of the interview, one of the panel members shook my hand and assured me she was interested and they would call me either way, job offered or not. Another woman showed me around the building and told me a little about this particular walmart store.
I never received a call back, and my calls were never returned.

Interview Question – They were the more difficult "name a time when you" questions. Ex: "Tell us about a time when you were having difficulties communicating with a customer or patron and you used innovative ways to get your point across or coming to an agreement on mutual terms by making a compromise."   Answer Question

Pullman, WA

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart in November 2010.

Interview Details – Questions set by corporate mostly about past experiences and situations. "How would you handle..." type of stuff.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Walmart?   Answer Question

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart in May 2010.

Interview Details – 2 interviews. Personnel manager was very pleasant. First interview was conducted by an hourly supervisor that I would later be working with. No curveball questions just basic questions asking about prior experience and to give examples of leadership. Second interview was conducted by a salaried manager and consisted of the same questions as the first. Was told after my second interview that I got the job,

Interview Question – Nothing that isn't included in your standard interview.   Answer Question

Tacoma, WA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Walmart in May 2013.

Interview Details – I filled out the application online and maybe four days later i was contacted for an interview. It was at a goodwill because it was a new store. I waited about 10 minutes after my appt. time to be seen by a manager. She asked me basic questions about myself. She told me that I 90% had the job. On monday I got a phone call to set up a 3rd interview and when i went in for the interview it was for a job offer. They give you some forms to fill out then they show your hourly pay rate and send you on your way for a drug test.

Interview Question – Describe a time you had to do an assignment with little to no direction.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I get paid 9.60 an hour and there was no negotiation.

Interviewed at Walmart

Interview Details – I really didn't have an interview because I worked at Walmart before and the manager just need to fill the position.

Interview Question – Explain a time where you had gone far and beyond to help a customer.   Answer Question

Port Richey, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Walmart in August 2012.

Interview Details – I arrived at the Wal-Mart where I applied for an interview and was severely disappointed. I arrived and greeted the other applicants in the lobby, only to see that they were under dressed and not hygienically 'proper'. In the interview room there were other employees coming in and out of the office. The interviewer asked irrelevant questions and kept stopping to talk to another employee in the room.

Interview Question – All of the questions were relatively easy, although most of them had nothing to do with the position I was applying for.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – At the time, I was in definite need of a job so I accepted regardless of how I viewed the interview process. They basically told me the amount per hour and when I can start.

Wal Mart Cashier

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – It was a group interview with eight (8) interviewees and two managers asking the questions. Questions were of a situational/behavioral nature. Two people got asked the same question after which a different question was asked the third person and so on until all 8 of us were asked one question. After this, the managers left the room to discuss. Then two interviewees were asked to leave the room and were eliminated from the process. I have heard that these group interviews are merely formalities for the company so that the company can claim they interviewed so many people. However, they already made a decision prior to the group interview. This mean that nobody in a group interview ends up being hired as it is a deceptive waste of time because the company has already found a candidate they want and these group interview are just to stick to company policy so they can say we interviewed so many people for such and such position. Sorry, but this is true.

Interview Question – Essay questions with multiple answers to answer. If you don't smile, you are the first to get eliminated. But, like I said, I found out later nobody gets hired from a group interview.   Answer Question