Walmart Wal Mart Cashier Interview Questions

2.3

172 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Freehold, NJ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freehold, NJ

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in March 2013.

Easy. Just apply online.

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in October 2013.

i think walmart should do a job fair to hire a lot of people because you can hire a lot of people at walmart its a big store and its a lot of different jobs in walmart by it being a big store.

Interview Questions
    • it would be keeping the job and also what to do on the job by it being your first time working the job then going through the training and trying to learn everything on the training and then going through the interview and filling out the computerize application.   Answer Question

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart.

Applied online. Called about status of application. Was asked to come in for an interview. Passed first interview, got second interview. Passed second interview, got third interview. Passed third interview, received job offer.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were unexpected. They were all relevant to the job I was interviewing for.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Iowa City, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in February 2012.

They asked me a lot of behavioral questions nothing to difficult. They asked me about how I work with others and if I have previous cashier experience.

no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Peachtree City, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peachtree City, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Walmart.

personnel called and set up interview date and time. went to interview and sat through a 3 panel process. recieved call back for drug test, and when results came back, i recieved a job offer

Interview Questions
    • describe a difficult situation. how did you handle it. what were the steps you took to deal with it. whatwere the results.   Answer Question

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart.

There are two interviews in the Walmart hiring process. The initial interview is basic; asking open ended questions about your work history and why you chose Walmart. The final interview is centered on questions such as, "giving an example of a what you would do in a specific situation."

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kirksville, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirksville, MO

I applied online - interviewed at Walmart in September 2013.

I applied for the position online. About two weeks later I got a call for an interview. I went in for the interview and was asked about my problem solving skills and teamwork skills. A second interview was then scheduled. At my second interview the same types of questions were asked and I was told I would be called for a third interview which would be the hiring interview where schedule would be discussed.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I was asked was: Describe a time or situation where you were assigned a task that you did not know how to complete. What were the steps you took and how did it turn out?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lake Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in August 2011.

The process began with the online application which does take time, but is not difficult; (have Patriot Act info ready to validate yourself). Wait to be notified for interview. Since I had worked for Wal-Mart before I was aware of the interview procedure. The interview with management requires responding to a series of situations you have encountered anywhere, ie, an upset customer, multitasking, etc. You many be called withing a day if hired or you may be hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question for me was handing a dissatisfied customer. I had to think that through. I used knowledge about the situation from other jobs but wasn't positive this was the expected response. I try to defuse the situation and offer to let the customer speak to management.   Answer Question

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in July 2009.

3 interviews, 3 different managers. They ask basic questions of " can you do this job?" basically just over and over. Very easy job interview. It takes a couple hours when I did it but that's because they had a lot of interviews that day. The interview process will be different now because that was before my store opened.

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Walmart.

I was hired many years ago when the hiring process was simpler.