Walmart Walmart Cashier Interview Questions

2.5

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Coast, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Coast, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart in August 2014.

Applied on a Thursday night and got a phone call for an interview 2 days later. It was very easy. Your basic questions on your past experience and such. Then I was told to sit right outside the room where I waited for like 20 min. Then was called back in to review my paperwork and review sign a lot of papers. Offer the job on the spot! Now I just have to complete my drug test and everything. I will get a follow up call after everything is processed to start my orientation.

Interview Questions
  • All were pretty easy. Just your basic questions on handling situations   View Answer
No negotiation. Took what they gave me because I really needed the job

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Harbor, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Harbor, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart in August 2014.

Applied online , interview 15 min. With hiring manager & then interviewed with the direct manager of cashiers . Offer accepted while I am there .enrolled in the same day .

Interview Questions
    • What were some challenges you faced on your last job? How did you handle these challenges?   Answer Question
    • Can you describe a time when you had to be able to develop a working relationship quickly with someone?   Answer Question
    • How to deal with angry customers?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Walmart in August 2014.

to be honest I have been to two interviews for walmart in the last three months and i fill I'm not getting the job because i live to far, i was kind of told that in the last interview. i don't mind being ask question at all, but men don't give women that same time frame as they do men.I know I'm up in Age middle age but they look at you and see only one thing she's going to be slow or maybe can't do the job.That's how i felt walking out after the interview. and that's not me I love working and i love being at my job.

they would keep my application and call me in a couple days.That was a week or two ago and still not been called was still going to make decision

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Walmart.

When Store #5218 first opened I obtained a job here. Surprisingly Walmart's interviewing process is quite thorough. There was an ethical assessment, drug test, and other standards but they asked pointed questions. They tried to demonstrate that they took hiring employees seriously. However, years later they became slack in the interview process. They would rehire associates that had committed crimes and were arrested there at Walmart (which is okay, but it makes the company look bad). They had new CSM's who would not train cashiers to reuse bags and for a week we ran out of bags and had to use the larger bags which have a lower tensile strength. All of these issues have since, I suspect, changed since I was there, however. But if I were to do it again, I would have asked specifically what would be my expectations for gaining entry to higher positions once I was hired from a lower position.

Interview Questions
    • It was actually not as relaxed as I thought. I don't remember specific questions but they take it seriously at the interview.   Answer Question

Cashier Walmart Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart.

Got an interview after 2 days of applying and got hired on the spot. The interview itself was straight forward. That was probably because I got rejected from 3 job interviews before this and I learned from them instead of repeating the same mistakes. Failure is a key component to success in anything you do.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult question. I know modesty is an important thing but in job interviews you brag about yourself until you can't brag anymore. That's how you get a job   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart in July 2014.

I had my two part interview yesterday which was Monday. They didn't schedule me background check but they asked me to write down my references , and told me they would me to set up the job offer. I am now waiting for them to call me back in reference to the job offer. Hopefully I get the job ��

Interview Questions
    • What would you do in a situation.. / Common Sense Questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart in March 2014.

4 questions total by 2 different people(2 questions a piece). They asked me to describe a time where I had to complete a task with very little time & to describe a time when I had to complete more than one task in a certain amount of time. The other 2 questions from the other person was pretty much the same thing just worded different.

Interview Questions
    • they were pretty much all the same to me. I gave both people the same answers because the questions were so similar.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gibsonton, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gibsonton, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart in March 2014.

I filled the application out online and received a call back within a few hours. I had my interview the next day and was offered a position that same day.

Interview Questions
    • To me it was common sense type questions, nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Walmart Cashier Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Walmart.

Asked basic questions, how I problem solved, got along with others. Pretty basic, wasn't too overwhelming or stressful.

Interview Questions
    • Think of a problem you had in a group setting in the past, and what you did to solve it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jonesboro, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jonesboro, AR

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart in April 2012.

You will have two interviews with two managers. I did both of my interviews on the same day. Very easy questions if you practice before hand. They let me know before I left the interview that I would be getting the job.

Interview Questions
    • Some included "How would you handle a conflict with another employee" and "Name a time when you gave excellent customer service".   Answer Question
    No negotiation