Walmart

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – When Store #5218 first opened I obtained a job here. Surprisingly Walmart's interviewing process is quite thorough. There was an ethical assessment, drug test, and other standards but they asked pointed questions. They tried to demonstrate that they took hiring employees seriously. However, years later they became slack in the interview process. They would rehire associates that had committed crimes and were arrested there at Walmart (which is okay, but it makes the company look bad). They had new CSM's who would not train cashiers to reuse bags and for a week we ran out of bags and had to use the larger bags which have a lower tensile strength. All of these issues have since, I suspect, changed since I was there, however. But if I were to do it again, I would have asked specifically what would be my expectations for gaining entry to higher positions once I was hired from a lower position.

Interview Question – It was actually not as relaxed as I thought. I don't remember specific questions but they take it seriously at the interview.   Answer Question

Cashier Walmart Interview

Cashier Walmart

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Got an interview after 2 days of applying and got hired on the spot. The interview itself was straight forward. That was probably because I got rejected from 3 job interviews before this and I learned from them instead of repeating the same mistakes. Failure is a key component to success in anything you do.

Interview Question – There was no difficult question. I know modesty is an important thing but in job interviews you brag about yourself until you can't brag anymore. That's how you get a job   Answer Question

Dalton, GA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart in February 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was a three step system. You had a group interview, a one on one, then the job offer. They asked a lot of "name a time when" questions that tend to be a bit difficult to come up with on the spot. Especially when you have had no prior work experience to fall back on.

Interview Question – Name a time when there was a conflict between coworkers that you solved. Please indicate the process used to solve the problem.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They said "here's the position and the pay rate, sign here if you wan to accept it."

Walmart Cashier

I applied in-person and interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Asked basic questions, how I problem solved, got along with others. Pretty basic, wasn't too overwhelming or stressful.

Interview Question – Think of a problem you had in a group setting in the past, and what you did to solve it.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Jonesboro, AR

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walmart in April 2012.

Interview Details – You will have two interviews with two managers. I did both of my interviews on the same day. Very easy questions if you practice before hand. They let me know before I left the interview that I would be getting the job.

Interview Question – Some included "How would you handle a conflict with another employee" and "Name a time when you gave excellent customer service".   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Islandia, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart in July 2007.

Interview Details – filled out application online, then i had to call several times for them to give me an interview because they have alot of people applying so you have to put yourself out there to get noticed , then they ask questions like " describe a time at when you showed outstanding customer service", then if you pass that part you go for a drug test and once they get the results back then thhey call you for orientation.

Interview Question – describe a time when you put a customer before your self   View Answer

Negotiation Details – dont negotiate for hourly positiobs

Cashier Walmart Interview

Cashier Walmart
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed at Walmart in May 2014.

Interview Details – Was referred to from a friend and met up one on one with the manager the following day. Once the interview was over, I was told to wait a few days and if I get the position then I should get a call. Three days later I got a call and started working the following week.

Interview Question – What was the hardest part about being a cashier at your last job?   Answer Question

Kelowna, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in October 2011.

Interview Details – hiring was interesting and quite a long process. It took a couple of weeks for them to get back which left me wondering and waiting. I finally called and was told they would let me know in another week or so. I find this unsatisfactory. The interview itself was good and basically what I expected.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult situation you had to deal with involving upper staff at your previous job.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was not any negotiation. I was told the position I was being hired for and what the pay was

Interviews for Top Jobs at Walmart

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!

Walmart Videos

Walmart – Why Work for Us?

Our Businesses Our mission is to save people money so they can live better. And every division, business unit and department that makes up Walmart is committed to using our company’s size and scale to make the biggest… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walmart Walmart Cashier interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Walmart employees and interview candidates.