Walmart Walmart Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kissimmee, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart (Kissimmee, FL).

Interview

I was called in for an interview. I waited a while before being welcomed to the backk. The gentleman interviewing me asked about how i handled certain situations in the past. He asked me questions like how I work group settings.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart (Hanover, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

Job Interview consisted of two parts with two different interviewers; both were managers. Both parts contained five questions involving generic situations, usually in the the form of "described a time when you...". Many of those questions where similar to each other and were very difficult to answer. Though you were allowed to use school as an example, I think the questions expected that you used work experience as an example. Second part had a section where you were allowed to ask questions to the manager. The entire interview process took about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to go above your duties to assist a customer. What was the problem with the customer, what action did you take to solve the problem, and what was the result?   Answer Question

Walmart Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Received a call after a 2 months of submitting my application. It is better if you call their personnel manager to ask about open positions. After my first interview they asked me to return the following day for a second interview. In total i had two interviews, I have heard of three interviews for a single person.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went out of your way to complete a task? What was the process and obstacles?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valley Stream, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart (Valley Stream, NY).

Interview

Basic interview. As long as you're able to speak a lick of english, your chances of getting hired is 90%.

After you pass the interview phase, you pee in a cup and if you pass that you go to orientation which is basically your first day.

Walmart Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart in October 2014.

Interview

Typical interview. Had 2 interviews, first one was with 3 ppl in the same day (assistant manager, supervisor, and regular associate). Asked like 4-5 situational questions, after interview asked if i had any questions. Did a deliberation then told me to.come bk for 2nd interview that following Thursday at 10:45.

arrived at 2nd interview 15 min early. After the first person came out, my name was called to do my interview. The.store.manager introduced him self, took me to a room in the back of the building. Asked me to tell him about.myself and why I want to work for WalMart. Then was asked to tell.him about my employment history. After that, I was asked about 2 tell.me about a time questions. After those were answered, he then said that this was an temp.position and they were looking for ppl for the holidays. I told him I would love to do the job.

he then stated he had more interviews to do and that he will make his selection soon. He told me I would hear bk by that Monday or Tuesday depending on his.personal manager. Its been 4 days. Haven't heard anything yet.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when you had a difficult task to complete and how did you completed it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart (Virginia Beach, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview process was not hard. Be prepared to conduct the interview at midnight if you applied for overnight shifts. Where walmart attire blue shirt- tan or black pants.
    Do not be nervous they read the questions from a book so it tells you they just as knowledgeable as you.

Interview Questions

• Name a place and time when you dealt with an angry or dissatisfied customer and what you did to help the customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Upper Saddle River, NJ

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart (Upper Saddle River, NJ) in September 2014.

Interview

I have had a multitude of customer service positions, ranging from managing a front end to running the camera and film area. This has allowed me to meet and understand the needs of a large customer base and rarely face a problem I have not encountered before. My brief time at the car dealership in Hackensack even gave me the skills to try to help sell extra items or up-sell specific items we are trying to move that week.

I am available to be interviewed and to work 24/7. as long as minimal warning is given since I live less than 10 min away. It sounds like this job calls for some time working alone (which I actually prefer since I feel it minimized any possible distractions or confrontations that may arise, but also involve some team activities (which while I do not prefer I thoroughly enjoy getting to know my more positive associates where I can not only learn from them, but also get the job done more quickly- all while having fun and keeping the clocck running faster,

Interview Questions

• How do you feel dealing with the "stigma" of working a "lowly" job like Walmart?   1 Answer

They were too far away.. I lost my father in 9/11 and prefer to be as close to them as possible.

Walmart Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Walmart.

Interview

If you know someone who works there, name drop like crazy. Walmart is a who-do-you-know place to work. My interviews were easy because I knew several employees who vouched for me. Questions are about behavior.

Walmart Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walmart in June 2013.

Interview

Both of the interviews were easy. I interviewed with the department zone manager and then an assistant manager. Both were very nice. They just read questions off a list. I don't think they actually cared what the answers were. If you have a pulse, and can pass a drug test, you are probably hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how you solved a problem in your last job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Walmart (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2011.

Interview

I was called and told I had an interview at a certain location. The woman who called was almost in a whisper. When I showed up at the store, I was not expected. They interviewed me anyway.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle it if more than one manager asks you to do something?   1 Answer