Walmart Interview Questions in West Virginia

2.4

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mason, WV
    Anonymous Employee in Mason, WV

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Walmart in August 2013.

This was my first interview at Walmart other than when I hired in. I was nervous, but after we got started I was okay. I answered a series of questions that wanted to know how I handle situations and steps that I would take to complete a difficult task. I just spoke from personal experiences.

Interview Questions
    • If you were in the middle of doing something important and an associate came to you with a problem, what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington, WV

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walmart in May 2013.

It took 3 days each day was the same questions Describe to me a time when...........

Interview Questions
    • None really just some were oddly specific   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walmart in May 2012.

After appling and passing the question and answer session I was called by the HR manager at one of the local stores for an interview. I was interviewed by the HR manager, a store manager, and my specific manager and asked questions about previous experiences and how I handled it and what I would do in a given situation.

Interview Questions
    • What would I do if a customer came in and wanted to return an item they say they purchased just a week ago but it clear that it was highly used and they had just cleaned it up some.   View Answer

Auto Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, WV

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Walmart in March 2012.

Applied online. Was contacted between 2 to 3 weeks later. Was interviewed by 3 members of management. Standard interview questions, nothing overwhelming, alot of situational questions such as, "remember a time when this happened, and how did you solve this problem" kinda questions. Went over my employment history and answered questions about that. Second interview, interviewed by support manager In my department, then sent to talk to another member of management who contacted my references. Once through that set up orientation date and was sent to nearby location to take drug test.

Interview Questions
    • "Think of a time when you made a mistake in a job setting, how did you fix this mistake."   View Answer
    No negotiation

Electronics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, WV

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walmart in May 2011.

Nothing fancy or elaborate. Just basic behavioral questions to see how you function when faced with conflict and how you work in a team. Drug screening afterwards.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about your biggest struggle and achievement."   Answer Question

Lawnand Garden Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Martinsburg, WV

The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart in April 2010.

The questions where the same as the ones asked for an Echo lab interview

Interview Questions
    • tells us a time when you worked with a team that produced poor quality   Answer Question
    zero

Cashier Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Martinsburg, WV

The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart in March 2010.

Well, I went into Walmart, I was an hour late to the interview because I honestly got the times confused. They didn't seem TOO upset, though I don't think they believed me. Then, I had two ladies come back to the orientation room and sit at a table and ask me many questions. I had no prior experience, so I talked most of personal experience. The questions are normal ones for an interview. Ones you can practice online by searching "Interview Questions" on yahoo. Just pick out a few job/personal experiences where you came into contact with a conflict or did a great job and you should be fine. Give direct eye contact. After the interview, I signed a job offer then filled in my infromation on a computer.

Interview Questions
    • When was one time you didn't do something because you thought it was wrong, and it turned out good? (Not exact wording, but whatever)   View Answer
    I got started pretty high for beginner with no experience. Cashier - 7.65$ I did no negotiating.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moorefield, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moorefield, WV

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Walmart in March 2009.

Interview took place in a small, dimly lit backroom. The backroom area is very unprofessional compared to the store front. Carts and pallet jacks are all over the place, merchandise is let on skids sitting all over. Walkways are very cramped and not up to the OSHA standards.

There were two interviews with two people each, lasting about 2 hours which is a bit lengthy for the menial tasks you are required to do at a big box retailer. The questions are typical and geared towards retail work, but they are very lengthy and wanted long, complicated answers for a basic, entry-level job.

Interview Questions
    There was no opportunity to negotiate. You get minimum raise plus a few raises based on which department you belong to.

Anonymous Employee in Lewisburg, WV
    Anonymous Employee in Lewisburg, WV

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart in April 2007.