Walmart

Updated Oct 30, 2014

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Seasonal Cashier Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied online – interviewed at Walmart in October 2014.

Yesterday (10/29/14), I got a call from 21st & Maize location and it was a 1 question phone interview (never got asked to come in for a in-person interview) for a Seasonal Cashier, I told her I had no cashier experience (Walmart claims they train), she paused/hesitated (could hear a sigh) and she said we'll train you

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   View Answer

Unloader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

You go through 3 interviews and they ask questions that pertain to that area. It last about 2hrs. They let you know then if your hired or not.

Interview Questions
    • They asked you a question and you had to remember what they two part question was and answer it.   Answer Question
    No negotiations for anything. You take the job or you don't.

Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

Sent in my resume, cover letter, reference page and a letter of recommendation from a previous employer to the Market Human Resource Manager. Got called back about a week later and was interview on the phone as a first step screening process. They delayed me a bit and I was holding out on another job offer (finally got dropped by the other company, they couldn't wait any longer). Entire thing took about a month but I was offered the spot eventually.

Interview Questions
    • Time when I was in charge of a group or organization   View Answer
    No negotiation. bASE PAY AND WORK NIGHTS AND WEEKENDS TOO

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goddard, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goddard, KS

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart in November 2012.

Walmart policy is to be interviewed by two completely incompatible managers to base a hiring decision on agreeable choice. I was interviewed by 2 assistant managers, both off my first impression was clearly they wasn't a perfect pick for management. At that moment I knew I'd regret even applying. I knew off my employment background an strong work ethics, that Walmart as a company is mismanaged. Was hired based only for photo lab technician. That was not the case, as to fellow employees my leadership skills an people skills proved, I was to be promoted promptly. Which I was within a month of employment. I spoke of some who shouldn't be in management position an was then listed as the "Impact Leader". When corporate came thru for visits, I'd thought the open door policy was ethical . Needless to say it's NOT. An if you as the assiocate or department manager speaks up, plan on getting Coached for freedom of speech an belittled.

Interview Questions
    • Can you handle strict company guidelines and unchangeable policy that's written in stone?   View Answer
    I asked for $8.50 per hr to $10 per hr. Management came back an set in stone only to give $7.25

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Walmart in August 2011.

Meet with the Assistant Manager first who immediately recommneded a second interview with the Store Manager. Relaxed atmosphere but proper dress attire is recommended. If jeans are worn they should be pressed along with a nice shirt or blouse. Refrain from wearing shorts, wrinkled, or questionable clothing. Was pretty much hired on the spot and the job offer was officially extended after the successful completion of the background and drug test which "MUST" be done within 24 hours.

Interview Questions
    • Primarily they were behavioral questions?   View Answer
    Not a lot of rooms for negotiation but pay increases were offered based on prior work history. The benefits make up the difference for the lost in pay. Also, if you are fortunate to work close to home not having to spend extra money on gas and lunch is worth at least $2 to $3 an hour. Despite what people say Wal-Mart is a great company to work for and the opportunities come quickly if you are willing to apply yourself. Just like any other job you must work hard and be dedicated if you expect to be rewarded.