Walmart

Relevance Date Difficulty

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

Wal Mart Cashier
Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in April 2013.

Interview Details – Online application, resulted in call back to a store further away than the one I applied for right around the corner from me. Pre interview from the front end manager, then kicked up to another personnel manager and friends, then the general manager.

Interview Question – The front end manager did the most difficult questions, and none of them were unexpected or that difficult.
Walmart generally uses very stock, "low liability" hiring, employment & firing processes. They call it "loss protection" and/or "shrink"... the same as merchandise on the floor. I suppose the nearest thing to difficult is how I have handled difficult "on the spot" situations and I had to give an example so....
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. You take what they offer and keep quiet. A lot of serious documentation on Wal-Mart's part, and contracts are largely for their protection against unionizing, pay increases, and length of employment. At point of sign on, they make sure you understand it's a temporary hire. I made sure to let them know I wanted to eventually move to location closer to me after my six months. I signed so many papers, I did not receive actual copies of my signed portions, only a folder with all the rules.

Deli Sales Associate Interview

Deli Sales Associate
Antigo, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in May 2013.

Interview Details – Received a phone call for the interview, interview was 5 questions, which is standart for Wal-Mart.
Most of the questions are customer based, how to handle a customer, customer service, how to handle another associate, how to control a conflict with a customer.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Take or leave it

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Milwaukee, WI

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Interviewed and didn't hear back for over a month then retrieved an offer. Interviewed once, impossible to tell if you were the right candidate or organization you want to work for.

Interview Question – Merchandising questions - especially if you have never done it before.   Answer Question

Guest Service Team Member - Cashier Interview

Guest Service Team Member - Cashier
Monroe, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in January 2014.

Interview Details – Went into a break room area and had an interview with a supervisor, then if you pass that you have an interview with a manager.

Interview Question – Give examples of a time that you had to overcome a difficult situation, a detailed example.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The starting wage was only $7.65 only 40 cents higher than minimum wage. And when I asked to be given 8 hour shifts so when I spent $10 in gas to get there I wouldn't end up only making $15 to$ 20 a trip they told me that the computer does all the scheduling, that the human resources basically has no control over when you are scheduled. When I applied I thought that because of the size of the Walmart corporation that they would pay their employees at least $1 above minimum wage. It is company's like this that force the government to raise minimum wage. Which in turn makes the inflation of the dollar be so skewed.

Department Manager Interview

Department Manager
Appleton, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in July 2011.

Interview Details – Four basic questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you went out of your way to help a customer?   View Answer

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

Wal Mart Cashier
Lake Geneva, WI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart in November 2010.

Interview Details – Three step interview process, three different interviews at different levels after passing their personality tests.

Interview Question – none that were out of the ordinary for that type of position one would expect.   Answer Question

Tire & Lube Expess Tech Interview

Tire & Lube Expess Tech
Green Bay, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in February 2013.

Interview Details – You start the process by filling out a online application. In My case they called me about 2-3 weeks afterward. They asked a few questions about hours I am available. Then set up a interview in person with a department management person. They asked me questions about problem solving and what I would do in different situations with customers and employees. Be ready to give examples. Then you may get another interview and they will offer you the job if you score better that the others. I interviewed the second time with My Department assistant manager.

Interview Question – I had some difficulty coming up with real world examples to some questions but the manager did help me out.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not attempt to negotiate the job offer because I heard Walmart does not negotiate and I needed the job.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
West Milwaukee, WI

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart in August 2013.

Interview Details – At the panel interviews make sure to dress sharp. All the men wore suits and the women wore something equivalent. The two people that did not dress business professional were in the group of people that did not get a job offer.

Interview Question – Some of the questions are multifaceted. For each question they are looking for the situation, the action you took and the result of the actions.   Answer Question

Inventory Control Specialist Interview

Inventory Control Specialist
Eau Claire, WI

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Walmart in February 2009.

Interview Details – Applied online for a position with multiple confirmed openings. I was contacted for my first interview 6 weeks after the application.

I went through two interviews as part of the hiring process (though some positions require three interviews). The first interview was done with a supervisor over the applied position. The second interview was done with a manager over the position. The majority of the questions were the typical interview questions, most of the questions were repeated with different wording in the second interview. Typically if you do well enough in the first interview, they will immediately either perform your second interview or at least schedule it.

After successfully completing both interviews, your job offer will be dependent on a drug-screening done off-site at a clinic. Please note that coming up positive for marijuana will disqualify you from employment even in states where recreational and medicinal use is legalized.

After completing the drug screening, there was 1 week of primarily computer-based training. This training is excruciatingly boring, 8 hours of reading text on a screen can drag on you.

Interview Question – Describe a moment when someone went beyond the call of duty to provide you excellent customer service OR when you did the same for a customer.

This question can be quite difficult if you have minimal experience in a customer service environment.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Pay rates are fixed within company, policy does not allow for offering different pay rates.

Guest Service Team Member - Cashier Interview

Guest Service Team Member - Cashier
Milwaukee, WI

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart in September 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed with initial hiring person, then with a member of management - who never really looked me in the eye the whole conversation. He was very preoccupied looking out into the store and watching customers and partly listening to what I said to him. I thought this was extremely rude and unprofessional.

Interview Question – Nothing rocket science here, just how are your customer service skills etc.........   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating allowed - if you want the job, you accept what they offer you, no questions asked.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Walmart

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!

Walmart Videos

Walmart – Why Work for Us?

Our Businesses Our mission is to save people money so they can live better. And every division, business unit and department that makes up Walmart is committed to using our company’s size and scale to make the biggest… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walmart interview questions and advice in Wisconsin. All 26 interview reviews posted anonymously by Walmart employees and interview candidates.