Walmart Interview Questions in Wisconsin

28 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Unloader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pewaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pewaukee, WI

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Walmart in July 2014.

I had three interviews. They basically gave it to me for showing up on the third interview. I kind of knew I already had the job. I'm still a little bit worried about the employees and the job in terms of how difficult it will be.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations. $7.65 Standard Minimum Starting Rate For Every Job At Walmart.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

Interviewed and didn't hear back for over a month then retrieved an offer. Interviewed once, impossible to tell if you were the right candidate or organization you want to work for.

Interview Questions
    • Merchandising questions - especially if you have never done it before.   Answer Question

Guest Service Team Member - Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroe, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroe, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart in January 2014.

Went into a break room area and had an interview with a supervisor, then if you pass that you have an interview with a manager.

Interview Questions
    • Give examples of a time that you had to overcome a difficult situation, a detailed example.   View Answer

The starting wage was only $7.65 only 40 cents higher than minimum wage. And when I asked to be given 8 hour shifts so when I spent $10 in gas to get there I wouldn't end up only making $15 to$ 20 a trip they told me that the computer does all the scheduling, that the human resources basically has no control over when you are scheduled. When I applied I thought that because of the size of the Walmart corporation that they would pay their employees at least $1 above minimum wage. It is company's like this that force the government to raise minimum wage. Which in turn makes the inflation of the dollar be so skewed.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Milwaukee, WI

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Walmart in August 2013.

At the panel interviews make sure to dress sharp. All the men wore suits and the women wore something equivalent. The two people that did not dress business professional were in the group of people that did not get a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Some of the questions are multifaceted. For each question they are looking for the situation, the action you took and the result of the actions.   Answer Question

Deli Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Antigo, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Antigo, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart in May 2013.

Received a phone call for the interview, interview was 5 questions, which is standart for Wal-Mart.
    Most of the questions are customer based, how to handle a customer, customer service, how to handle another associate, how to control a conflict with a customer.

Take or leave it

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Walmart in April 2013.

Online application, resulted in call back to a store further away than the one I applied for right around the corner from me. Pre interview from the front end manager, then kicked up to another personnel manager and friends, then the general manager.

Interview Questions
    • The front end manager did the most difficult questions, and none of them were unexpected or that difficult.
      Walmart generally uses very stock, "low liability" hiring, employment & firing processes. They call it "loss protection" and/or "shrink"... the same as merchandise on the floor. I suppose the nearest thing to difficult is how I have handled difficult "on the spot" situations and I had to give an example so....
        View Answer
    No negotiation. You take what they offer and keep quiet. A lot of serious documentation on Wal-Mart's part, and contracts are largely for their protection against unionizing, pay increases, and length of employment. At point of sign on, they make sure you understand it's a temporary hire. I made sure to let them know I wanted to eventually move to location closer to me after my six months. I signed so many papers, I did not receive actual copies of my signed portions, only a folder with all the rules.

Tire & Lube Expess Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart in February 2013.

You start the process by filling out a online application. In My case they called me about 2-3 weeks afterward. They asked a few questions about hours I am available. Then set up a interview in person with a department management person. They asked me questions about problem solving and what I would do in different situations with customers and employees. Be ready to give examples. Then you may get another interview and they will offer you the job if you score better that the others. I interviewed the second time with My Department assistant manager.

Interview Questions
    • I had some difficulty coming up with real world examples to some questions but the manager did help me out.   Answer Question
    I did not attempt to negotiate the job offer because I heard Walmart does not negotiate and I needed the job.

Grocery Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Crosse, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Crosse, WI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart in August 2012.

I was called for an interview for the position of a grocery associate. I was taken into the personnel room and interviewed by the Front End Zone Supervisor. After which, I immediately got a second interview with another management type. They then called me to accept a job offer and the store manager had me go over what the cashier role was like and asked if I thought I could do the job. I said yes and accepted the job offer after which I took a drug test and then was called for when to go into orientation, after which you have a few days of taking CBL's (computer based learning) and once you have finished all those and passed, you get on the floor and are trained for two or three days.

Interview Questions
    • I would say the questions about customers in the past were the most difficult for me to answer, only because I had been working at home for so long and I don't really think it would be as difficult for other people who weren't in my shoes.   Answer Question
    They didn't give me grocery associate, because I didn't qualify, but offered me part time cashier and I accepted.

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart in July 2012.

Three interviews required, with all the same type questions. All behavioral type, such as describe a time you had to meet a deadline and how you accomplised it.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time that you had a problem, what it was and how you went about resolving it and how it turned out.   Answer Question
    They tell you the terms and you either accept it of decline.

Unloader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart in April 2012.

got asked a bunch of scenaro questions like...name a type when u noticed a problem and solved it b4 it got worse.