Walmart

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Charleston, SC

I applied in-person - interviewed at Walmart in December 2013.

Interview Details – Manager didn't bother to conduct interview just gave the position

Hickory, NC

I applied through other source and interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – Interview process is quiet easy if you have retail experience. Questions are a customer based, situational questions. With one or two integrity questions. You interview with a salaried manager (usually the Assistant Manager over the area) if they like you and your answers, the you interview with the Shift Manager or Store Manager.

Interview Question – The integrity question was the only was the only question that took me a min. to come up with the answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is not any negotiation. They tell you what they will pay you (which is calculated by applicable experience) and you take it or you don't.

Newport News, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Walmart in February 2011.

Interview Details – It was questions about I had to give examples and outcomes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – just be clam

Springfield, MO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in July 2009.

Interview Details – I set my career preference to include a Zone Manager position. A post of this position was at another location and through career preference, I selected a transfer. Then I called this store's personnel manager to tell her of my selection and two educational degrees. I was later contacted by the store manager and I had a telephone interview. I was one of three telephone interviews set up which is standard for Walmart. I was called the next day and told that I had gotten the position and transfer.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to make a difficult choice and what was the outcome.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was unable to negotiate a salary. However, I did tell the interviewer that could not find anyone better suited for this position given my good evaluations, and two educational degrees.

Glenolden, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in September 2009.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by an assistant manager. She didn't ask me any questions pertaining to my skills or experience. I think they were in a big rush to fill the role. She looked at my background and quickly informed me that I was overqualified for the position. I had to ask which position I was being interviewed for. Then I was offered a choice between 2 positions and when I made my selection, was informed that the other one I hadn't chosen paid a little more. Then the acting store manager (co manager from another location) came and met me. I was instructed to fill out a form for my background check and waited around for 30 minutes for someone to tell me they would be in touch 2 days later.

Interview Question – I wasn't really asked any questions pertaining to my ability.   Answer Question

Zone Manager

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart in February 2012.

Interview Details – I looked at the competencies expected for the job and related my questions as best as I could to them.

Interview Question – Describe a time you had to work on a project on a pressing deadline. What was the situation and what did you do to ensure it was done while remaining a focus on quality.   Answer Question

Zone Manager

The process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in January 2010.

Interview Details – asked 4 questions and talked for about half hour

Interview Question – Name a complex situation you were in and what you did and the outcome of it.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – found other employer

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!