Walmart

1.9

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied in-person – interviewed at Walmart in December 2013.

Manager didn't bother to conduct interview just gave the position

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hickory, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hickory, NC

I applied through other source – interviewed at Walmart.

Interview process is quiet easy if you have retail experience. Questions are a customer based, situational questions. With one or two integrity questions. You interview with a salaried manager (usually the Assistant Manager over the area) if they like you and your answers, the you interview with the Shift Manager or Store Manager.

Interview Questions
    • The integrity question was the only was the only question that took me a min. to come up with the answer.   Answer Question
    There is not any negotiation. They tell you what they will pay you (which is calculated by applicable experience) and you take it or you don't.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Walmart in February 2011.

It was questions about I had to give examples and outcomes.

just be clam

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenolden, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenolden, PA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart in September 2009.

I was interviewed by an assistant manager. She didn't ask me any questions pertaining to my skills or experience. I think they were in a big rush to fill the role. She looked at my background and quickly informed me that I was overqualified for the position. I had to ask which position I was being interviewed for. Then I was offered a choice between 2 positions and when I made my selection, was informed that the other one I hadn't chosen paid a little more. Then the acting store manager (co manager from another location) came and met me. I was instructed to fill out a form for my background check and waited around for 30 minutes for someone to tell me they would be in touch 2 days later.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't really asked any questions pertaining to my ability.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart in July 2009.

I set my career preference to include a Zone Manager position. A post of this position was at another location and through career preference, I selected a transfer. Then I called this store's personnel manager to tell her of my selection and two educational degrees. I was later contacted by the store manager and I had a telephone interview. I was one of three telephone interviews set up which is standard for Walmart. I was called the next day and told that I had gotten the position and transfer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to make a difficult choice and what was the outcome.   View Answer
    I was unable to negotiate a salary. However, I did tell the interviewer that could not find anyone better suited for this position given my good evaluations, and two educational degrees.

Zone Manager Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walmart in February 2012.

I looked at the competencies expected for the job and related my questions as best as I could to them.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had to work on a project on a pressing deadline. What was the situation and what did you do to ensure it was done while remaining a focus on quality.   Answer Question

Zone Manager Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart in January 2010.

asked 4 questions and talked for about half hour

Interview Questions
    • Name a complex situation you were in and what you did and the outcome of it.   View Answer

found other employer