Walmart

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Zone Merchandise Supervisor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details – I had already interviewed for the position before and lost out to someone with more experience and history in the store. I sat down with the current Assistant Manager who asked me prepared questions from a corporate printed packet for the specific position. Each was based on a specific competency for the position and related to requirements for the job. As I answered the questions my answers were rated on a scale of 1-5 with anything below three on any one question giving me an automatic fail. The questions were for specific examples of completing major projects on my own, flexibility when given short notice, handling interpersonal difficulties, exceeding customer service, fixing issues within my area and resolving problems outside of my area.

Interview Question – How have I helped someone else exceed a customer's expectations.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no real negotiation. You are given the automatic raise pre-set by corporate based on your current position.

Zone Merchandising Supervisor Interview

Zone Merchandising Supervisor
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart in April 2013.

Interview Details – Applied for Walmart in a store on computer. It asked what stores I would be willing to travel to if hired, I check marked about 6 stores in neighboring towns. About a month or so later, I received a call to go in for an interview. There I was interviewed by an Assistant Manager and a Co-Manager. Questions where scenario questions and not hard. A week or so later, I was asked to come in for a drug test.

Interview Question – Non really to hard. Just give them your past Management experience answers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You have to go in for your offer, I really didn't hassle with trying to negotiate knowing that I will be promoted within the company in a short time. Growth there is very rapid.

Very Easy Interview

Port Arthur, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Walmart in March 2012.

Interview Details – I was called for an interview, asked 5 questions about previous work, life experiences. The process was easy and quick. Later I was called in for a job offer and background check.

Interview Question – The questions are all simple life questions easy to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offer you the position and state the pay they are willing to provide you

Zone Merchandise Supervisor

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in June 2008.

Interview Details – I already worked for walmart when a new position was developed for a zone merchandise supervisor. I was asked to apply. I was interview by the 2 co-managers and the store manager and offered the job a few days later. One of the interview questions was this: Tell me about a time you had to work as a team and what did you do to help make it a friendly team environment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked as a team and helped make it a friendly team environment   View Answer
  • There are always rules for everything we do, tell me about a time you disagreed with a rule but followed it anyway.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. The position was a promotion for me with a hourly wage of $5.00 more than I was making

Zone Merchandise Supervisor

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Walmart in February 2010.

Interview Details – was called at home, off the clock the interview took about ten minutes even thought they knew they were going to offer the position to someone else

Interview Question – describe a time when you were given a assignment that had to be completed in a timely manner   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – it was offered to someone else

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!