Walmart Zone Merchandise Supervisor Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Gainesville, GA) in July 2014.

Interview

short interview. Fairly easy. It takes about 3-4 for them to receive all the apps for those that are interested and to start conducting the interview.The assistant manager of the area you're applying to does the interview and after each interview the assistant and the store manager decides yay or nay. At the very end all the yays apps go to the store manager for the final decision.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Zone Merchandise Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

I had already interviewed for the position before and lost out to someone with more experience and history in the store. I sat down with the current Assistant Manager who asked me prepared questions from a corporate printed packet for the specific position. Each was based on a specific competency for the position and related to requirements for the job. As I answered the questions my answers were rated on a scale of 1-5 with anything below three on any one question giving me an automatic fail. The questions were for specific examples of completing major projects on my own, flexibility when given short notice, handling interpersonal difficulties, exceeding customer service, fixing issues within my area and resolving problems outside of my area.

Interview Questions

• How have I helped someone else exceed a customer's expectations.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no real negotiation. You are given the automatic raise pre-set by corporate based on your current position.

Zone Merchandise Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart in November 2013.

Interview

I was promoted within my store from Department Manager to Zone. The questions were just about the same as the Dept. Manager questions. Your typical "what would you do in situations" questions.

Negotiation

No. It's an instant $2.00 raise for anyone.

Zone Merchandising Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied for Walmart in a store on computer. It asked what stores I would be willing to travel to if hired, I check marked about 6 stores in neighboring towns. About a month or so later, I received a call to go in for an interview. There I was interviewed by an Assistant Manager and a Co-Manager. Questions where scenario questions and not hard. A week or so later, I was asked to come in for a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Non really to hard. Just give them your past Management experience answers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You have to go in for your offer, I really didn't hassle with trying to negotiate knowing that I will be promoted within the company in a short time. Growth there is very rapid.

Anonymous Employee in Port Arthur, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walmart (Port Arthur, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

I was called for an interview, asked 5 questions about previous work, life experiences. The process was easy and quick. Later I was called in for a job offer and background check.

Interview Questions

• The questions are all simple life questions easy to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offer you the position and state the pay they are willing to provide you

Anonymous Employee in Show Low, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Show Low, AZ) in July 2011.

Interview

Panel interview of peers and salaried management. Very aimed at behavioral questioning. They were very thorough and asked good questions. The only negative is that the interview isn't always what gets you the job. Unfortunately, they usually have it picked before that even starts unless you are really impressive.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond to help a customer. What was their reaction to the help that you provided?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Bellingham, WA) in May 2011.

Interview

Two step process. FIrst interview one on one with hourly manager second one on one with a salaried manager. All you need to do is give an answer about life, school, or previous job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond your regular duties.   Answer Question

Zone Merchandise Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart in August 2010.

Interview

Basic interview process....Describe a time questions. Overall all the question are describe a time questions. All the questions have five questions in one. Sections are Customer Center, Plan to Improve, Communication, and other questions of that nature.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to prioritize your task....Candidates must pull from work, home, or school experience. Just try to answer a question and do not say I never had that happen to me before.Please come dressed appropriately. Some people come with there pants sagging or just looking a hot mess.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Zone Merchandise Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart in February 2010.

Interview

was called at home, off the clock the interview took about ten minutes even thought they knew they were going to offer the position to someone else

Interview Questions

• describe a time when you were given a assignment that had to be completed in a timely manner   Answer Question

it was offered to someone else

Zone Merchandise Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart in June 2008.

Interview

I already worked for walmart when a new position was developed for a zone merchandise supervisor. I was asked to apply. I was interview by the 2 co-managers and the store manager and offered the job a few days later. One of the interview questions was this: Tell me about a time you had to work as a team and what did you do to help make it a friendly team environment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked as a team and helped make it a friendly team environment   1 Answer
    • There are always rules for everything we do, tell me about a time you disagreed with a rule but followed it anyway.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The position was a promotion for me with a hourly wage of $5.00 more than I was making