Walmart

Updated Oct 12, 2014

2.4

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Zone Merchandise Supervisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walmart.

I had already interviewed for the position before and lost out to someone with more experience and history in the store. I sat down with the current Assistant Manager who asked me prepared questions from a corporate printed packet for the specific position. Each was based on a specific competency for the position and related to requirements for the job. As I answered the questions my answers were rated on a scale of 1-5 with anything below three on any one question giving me an automatic fail. The questions were for specific examples of completing major projects on my own, flexibility when given short notice, handling interpersonal difficulties, exceeding customer service, fixing issues within my area and resolving problems outside of my area.

Interview Questions
  • How have I helped someone else exceed a customer's expectations.   View Answer
There is no real negotiation. You are given the automatic raise pre-set by corporate based on your current position.

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Zone Merchandise Supervisor Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart in November 2013.

I was promoted within my store from Department Manager to Zone. The questions were just about the same as the Dept. Manager questions. Your typical "what would you do in situations" questions.

No. It's an instant $2.00 raise for anyone.

Zone Merchandising Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Walmart in April 2013.

Applied for Walmart in a store on computer. It asked what stores I would be willing to travel to if hired, I check marked about 6 stores in neighboring towns. About a month or so later, I received a call to go in for an interview. There I was interviewed by an Assistant Manager and a Co-Manager. Questions where scenario questions and not hard. A week or so later, I was asked to come in for a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Non really to hard. Just give them your past Management experience answers.   Answer Question
    You have to go in for your offer, I really didn't hassle with trying to negotiate knowing that I will be promoted within the company in a short time. Growth there is very rapid.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Arthur, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Arthur, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walmart in March 2012.

I was called for an interview, asked 5 questions about previous work, life experiences. The process was easy and quick. Later I was called in for a job offer and background check.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are all simple life questions easy to answer.   Answer Question
    They offer you the position and state the pay they are willing to provide you

Zone Merchandise Supervisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart in August 2010.

Basic interview process....Describe a time questions. Overall all the question are describe a time questions. All the questions have five questions in one. Sections are Customer Center, Plan to Improve, Communication, and other questions of that nature.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to prioritize your task....Candidates must pull from work, home, or school experience. Just try to answer a question and do not say I never had that happen to me before.Please come dressed appropriately. Some people come with there pants sagging or just looking a hot mess.   View Answer
    No negotiation

Zone Merchandise Supervisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart in February 2010.

was called at home, off the clock the interview took about ten minutes even thought they knew they were going to offer the position to someone else

Interview Questions
    • describe a time when you were given a assignment that had to be completed in a timely manner   Answer Question

it was offered to someone else

Zone Merchandise Supervisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walmart in June 2008.

I already worked for walmart when a new position was developed for a zone merchandise supervisor. I was asked to apply. I was interview by the 2 co-managers and the store manager and offered the job a few days later. One of the interview questions was this: Tell me about a time you had to work as a team and what did you do to help make it a friendly team environment.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you worked as a team and helped make it a friendly team environment   View Answer
    • There are always rules for everything we do, tell me about a time you disagreed with a rule but followed it anyway.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. The position was a promotion for me with a hourly wage of $5.00 more than I was making