Walmart eCommerce Interview Questions & Reviews in Brisbane, CA

2.4

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart eCommerce in March 2010.

Interviews were a little chaotic, be prepared for repeated/re-scheduled interviews. 2-3 people per interview

negotiation with HR only, they compromised on salary and paid a sign on bonus (to compensate for a bonus I would be giving up at my previous employer)

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Walmart eCommerce.

I was not even looking and they contacted me multiple times after finding my profile on LinkedIn. After a phone interview with the recruiter, I had a phone interview with a potential peer and the hiring manager. Both went very well and they scheduled a time for me to come in and meet with the team. The entire time they were pursuing me and selling the opportunity to me. On site interview also went well and my subsequent conversations with the recruiter were positive with the impression they would be putting together an offer. Then suddenly the recruiter literally disappeared and did not return any emails or phone messages. I found this extremely unprofessional and rude, especially after multiple rounds of interviews and the fact that they pursued me. Candidates deserve some response or answer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected. They spend most of the time selling me on how great and the company and team was.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Walmart eCommerce in February 2011.

One on site interview. This was a contract position with the promise to hire permanently in 6-months.

Non-negotiable.

Software Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane, CA

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Walmart eCommerce in December 2011.

I was put through the motions as if they were just interviewing me, to fulfill their "Quotas" from their own Managers. My years of experience and strong background did not seem to phase them, rather put them on the defensive. A group of junior developers interviewed me and visibly noticed that I was lightyears ahead of them, which they did not seem to take lightly. I assured them that I would share my knowledge and mentor them and bring them up on technology and standards for 2012. The way, the group talked to each other was very familiar. They were all from one Ethnic Region and had their pecking orders all marked out. I am not prejudice, but this was a HR Nightmare. They seem to interview, just to be able to discredit all of the Candidates, until they find one of their "Own". A real club, that was. Very clique behavior, protecting each other's interest, they kept trying to send in smart people to argue it out with me, trying to find a reason to report back to their Managers, why they would not want to take me. It was obvious to me, that after 5 hours of this "Challenging behavior" I felt as if I was in a Asia, in a Rooster Fight. lol. And Of course, I never heard anything even remotely professional back from them. This is a highly unprofessional IT shop, in a ethnic lockdown, in the manipulating Hands of a few internal Dealmakers. Walmart Corp, should run a simple Analysis, why they haven't hired somebody into those ranks, from another, or the Opposite ethnic Diversity.
    This Club, as it exists today, will never have the chance to fairly upgrade their skills, hiring new Talent from the Outside, that gives them new Ideas, fresh Solutions and a different approach, coming from a variety of external solutions. It is clear to me, that racial motivation persists at that level at Walmart, so the people that have cornered the hiring game can abuse their power to play their pawns and games, for reasons I cannot even imagine, and don't want to imagine. But one day, this situation is going to blow up in Walmart's Face, costing them many more Millions, than the IT Group thinks they saved, by keeping it "in the Family"..

Interview Questions
    • Can you speak another Language, like an Asian Language?   View Answer
    • Can you understand, what we are saying, when we talk about your interview?   Answer Question

Senior Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane, CA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart eCommerce in February 2011.

It was not technical as opposed to the job opportunity.

Interview Questions
    Negotiate well. The recruiters will most likely give you the baseline offer.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane, CA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walmart eCommerce in October 2010.

Got the interview through an internal referral by alumnus of grad school. Interview consisted of two phone interviews. Once I had those, the HR called to inform that I was invited for in-person interviews. Flew to Brisbane where they had me meet with 8-9 people, half an hour each. Interviewers ranged from Directors, product managers, engineers etc. Questions were mostly behavioral, drilled into details about work experience from resume etc.

Interview Questions
    • What are some of the parameters of a customer or order that are used to check for fraudulent activity?   Answer Question
    • Describe you have done requirement gather activity in the past   Answer Question
    You should negotiate, their initial offer is below market value.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walmart eCommerce in December 2009.

Exhausting long interviews - scheduled from moring through lunch into early afternoon. Remember to eat a big breakfast!

Interview Questions
    • Will be asked to write code on the fly - provide multiple ways to solve problem   Answer Question
    • Pose a scenario - identify potential issues, address how you will fix it, provide multiple ways   Answer Question

Worked for Walmart eCommerce? Contribute to the Community!