Walser Interview Questions

Updated Oct 1, 2014
Updated Oct 1, 2014

2.5

Detailer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walser.

There are two phone interviews which take about 15 mins each. they ask you questions about you and who you are, what you like to do. they want to get to know one. If you qualify for the job then you are sent to a third interview with the manager of the job you applied for. he talks to you about the job and tries to get a feel for who you are, he will decide if you are hired or not,

Interview Questions
    Manager just told me how much the job pays and the hrs

Receptionist Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Walser in August 2014.

Applied online, I heard the next day from them and had a phone interview, which lasted 15 minutes. the I had my final interview with the HR manager, and I heard later that day that I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Overall interview was pretty standard. no tough questions just previous work experience, and how it would transition into this job.   Answer Question

Customer Specialist (Trainee, Sales) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walser in January 2014.

I submitted my application online and received a response within 24 hours to setup an initial phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 15-20 minutes talking about some basic things about the position. Then, an on-site interview was set up the next day with the HR recruiter at a Walser location. The interview was straight forward. Talk about yourself, previous experience and go over your resume, qualifications and skills, along with some standard questions of what are your strengths and weaknesses. Now here's the sketchy part. After the interview concluded, I was told that I would be a great candidate for the company and for the position applied. The HR rep went over bonus incentives, pay grades, how long the training lasts and what it all entails, and the rep also asked me when I would like to start. I was given two different dates to start my new position... so I picked the most soonest date. The HR rep told me that they would contact me within a few days to get me started with the new position... so basically it was a job offer... only to find out, it was not... When I called 4 days later to find out if things were okay (because the start date I was given was only 3 more days away), the HR rep told me that the position was filled and they would notify me if they need any more candidates. Ummm.. what?? You offered me a job, and then took it away from me.

Document Scanner Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Walser.

Didn't hear anything after submitting my application. Several weeks later I called HR to follow up & the position was filled but they offered to interview me for other positions. The telephone interview was the most intense one I've ever had. Let's just say no stone was left unturned. After I was hired, I found out the lady who interviewed me used to work for the state prison and was used to interviewing offenders for parole (or something like that)!

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared for an especially astute HR person to read inbetween the lines on your resume and your answers. You know how job searching books say not to be 'too honest' and not to say 'too much'? Well, I ended up doing exactly that & thought I bombed the interview. I was surprised to learn that I was selected for a second interview.   Answer Question
    Offer came at second interview directly with the department manager. She offered me a salary exactly in the middle of the range listed & said that was what she was going to pay me. She was not responsive to my attempts to negotiate.

Customer Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Walser.

I applied online and was contacted by a corporate recruiter. My first interview was a phone interview. They asked about sales experience and why you wanted to work at Walser. I was offered a second interview at the corporate office, where I met with the recruiter. Before this interview, I had to fill out a personality test which included questions like "Rank the following statements from best to worst." It was unique. At the interview, the recruiter asked me basic things off of my resume and asked a lot about my extra-curricular activities. She asked what sort of cars I was familiar with and tried to place me in a dealership that focused on that make of car. I was then brought into that dealership a few weeks later to speak with the general manager. I was kept waiting for about 40 minutes until the GM was able to speak with me. I was told by the corporate recruiter that the GM liked to do interviews in the morning, and when I got there, the GM said that mornings were always bad times. I got to meet with several employees that worked there. There were only about 2 or 3 female employees, and I got the feeling that the GM only favored pretty, young, thin girls. The men that I talked to were all very "men's men" and joked around a lot. This interview took about 2 hours. After this interview, I was contacted by the corporate recruiter who asked me to evaluate the interview. I was not offered the position because they felt that I wouldn't stick around for longer than I year, which is pretty accurate.

Interview Questions
    • If you were going to build a table, would you prefer to do it by step-by-step instructions or just figure it out yourself?   View Answer

Sales Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walser in March 2010.

Looking for warm bodies.
    They will train and you must sell 50 cars and complete all training before getting bonus and Sakarya increase

No negotiation

Customer Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Walser in December 2010.

They called me- met with a HR rep. It was the weirdiest interview ever. They really didn't ask me a thing about myself or anything- they just said she thought I would be a good fit fot the company, asked me if I had a preference to which store, and sent me to an interview at the store with the GM. WHen I got there he asked me If I had any questions for him, gave me a tour of the store, and said he hoped I would come work for them. I got a call the next day with a job offer from the HR lady.

I can't say it was a negative interview as it was the easiest interview I have ever had. I also can't say that I appreciate "normal" interview questions because I think most people are dishonest and they don't accuratly reflect the worker at all anyways. but the way the interview was conducyed should have probably raised a few red flags for me. I just wanted a job.

Interview Questions
    No-no negotiation. All customer specialist get the same pay I think at first