Walsh University

1.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Walsh University

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Canton, OH

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Walsh University in July 2011.

The department head of the Honors Program was extremely desperate for an adjunct and knew of me through a mutual contact and requested that I interview for the position. The initial contact was through email and I agreed to an interview. Even though I was a graduate student in the final stages of completing my Ph.D. I was initially reluctant to actually consider the position beyond practice for an interview due to the extremely long commute to Walsh U (2 hours). The interview was surprisingly very informal. We talked about my research, how it related to the course, about the students. I was really asked very little and was offered the job on the spot, being told that I was the top choice and that is why she desperately hoped that I'd consider the position. I asked for time to consider it (I was waiting for word on a much more promising, and longer-term position I had interviewed for already closer to home) but was told to take no more than 24 hours. Eventually I decided it was a good opportunity to build on my CV and took the position - much to my regret later for multiple reasons.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was being offered the position and being told I only had 24 hours to consider it because they needed to know if they had to interview other candidates.   Answer Question
    As it was an adjunct position negotiation was minimal.

Accounting Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Canton, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walsh University in April 2009.

Very laid back. The interview mostly consisted for the 3 interviewers talking about the many different tasks that I would perform if I was offered the job. The only asked me a couple of questions.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be able to perform the duties that we have just described?   Answer Question