Walt Disney Animation Studios

Updated Aug 8, 2014
Updated Aug 8, 2014

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Walt Disney Animation Studios in April 2014.

Lots of Disney corporate hoops to jump through before I was able to interview with the studio. Had to fill out multiple forms online and work with a recruiter for 2 weeks before getting an interview date.
    Did 5 interviews in 1 day with and got them all out of the way at once. Interviews ranged from job specific questions to bigger picture of how the departments fit and work together.

Interview Questions
    • How experienced are you with rpm spec files and patching software   Answer Question
    Took 2 weeks after the interviews to get an offer. I didn't need to negotiate because they offered more than the base I was seeking.

CG Animator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walt Disney Animation Studios.

I was contacted by a recruiter. Interview was a 2 part , 2 panel, in person interview that lasted one hour total. It took much preparation. For the interview itself, the tone was professional and very on topic with much information being exchanged from both sides. But it was not difficult, was very conversational in tone, and all the panelists were very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • The questions pertained to ones personal experiences, so there arent any "stock" interview questions to prepare for, with the exception off maybe one or two typical interview questions , such as " what have you been doing since your last job?"   View Answer
    Brief. The offer was good and was accepted because it was very fair.

Software Engineer Interview

2 rounds interview. First was via phone and second was on-site. During the phone interview, we talked about several projects I did before, the reason why I am applying Disney animation studio, programming skills. On site interview included many rounds. They are technical staffs in the studio. They are very friendly and asked about many questions about my professional experience.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing is specially difficult. All the staffs are very gentle and nice. Some questions about the technical details are the most difficult ones. I cannot remember the specific questions they asked at that time. Some questions about programming were also very interesting and requires carefully thinking.   Answer Question

Creative Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Walt Disney Animation Studios in April 2014.

One call that just went over basic information, and two Skype interviews with industry professionals (I was from out of state, but people from around the Burbank area would go to the office of an interview).

Interview Questions
    • They asked why I was interested (specific aspect of the internship) and how my past positions have prepared me for this.   View Answer
    n/a

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Walt Disney Animation Studios in January 2014.

I had been applying to Disney for years, I had had one other interview for a different position in the past, but it wasn't the right position for me and I'm glad it didn't work out. My first interview was for the WDAS, but the interview was held at Disney Corporate down the street, which I felt was much more difficult, less friendly, and less welcoming.

It wasn't until this position that I felt my resume supported my enthusiasm. I had used CTN as a great resource in meeting and getting to know the recruitment team (Who are a wonderful and very respectable group of people). They were very helpful in reviewing my resume and helping me understand exactly what they wanted in production hires. When the right position was open, my resume was mentioned in the hiring process and I was asked to interview.

I was told that I would have a panel interview by five production supervisors within a half-hour. The day of, however, I received an email with an update mentioning that I might have up to fourteen people interviewing me. In the end I had three back-to-back interviews with a total of nine people in all, over the course of two and a half hours. It was the most laid-back and easy interview I've ever had. I got to spend time with people who shared similar interests, geek out about production, and, well, enjoy being at Disney! I think it's important to mention though, that I'd visited the studio many times previously and so I was comfortable and familiar with being there - which was probably a huge factor in my lack of stress during the interview.

They had a lot of people to interview for many positions similar to mine, so it took them three weeks before I got the call with the job offer. I accepted, couldn't be happier!

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in production for animation as apposed to live action?   Answer Question

3D Modeler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walt Disney Animation Studios in November 2012.

Applied online, and recruiter. They reviewed my demo reel and resume, then one day later I got a suggestion to inverview in Burbank studios. a week later had a interview with 1 HR or recruiter, and two character, environment supervisor. I showed them my demo reel, and talked about reel and my experience. Interview was just normal than so far. Actually I had an interview at Disney animation a year ago. At that time I had a several group interview for a long time. but process has been changed. Anyway two weeks later I contacted them, but had a news that I was rejected.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walt Disney Animation Studios.

Phone call interview

Modeling Summer Internship Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Walt Disney Animation Studios.

Through Disney's website, I applied online. A few weeks later, I received an email that told me the all candidates will be considered in following several days. Then about one week later, I received an email that I was rejected.

Concept Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Walt Disney Animation Studios in May 2012.

interview went pretty smooth. I show my portfolio and the art book that I had made for graduation, they review them carefully and like them a lot. they are willing to give me an art test by the time they start hiring.

Interview Questions

Worked for Walt Disney Animation Studios? Contribute to the Community!