Walt Disney Company

Updated Nov 18, 2014
Updated Nov 18, 2014

ProcurementMBA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Had an initial phone screening, followed by an interview by a procurement manager. Filled out initial application online and the process has been smooth, no timelines have been presented with more information to come.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Strangest interviews I've ever experienced. First interviewed via phone with dept head who talked most of the hour-long "interview." Before the call ended he said they would call me for the next step. Went to Burbank for in-person interview. The surroundings are very quiet, hot, no one walking around, not friendly - not like one would expect for this particular company.

During the next interview, the same person said all of the same stuff he said in the first interview. He had NO questions for me. It was up to me to interject why I was a fit, ask questions. When the interview ended I asked if he had any concerns about my ability to do the job and he said no. Then I didn't get the job. I wasn't even the slightest bit disappointed because it was so strange.

Interview Questions
    • They never asked me any questions. They do use a bicycle analogy to explain how their team is set up and they use this analogy over and over and over.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

I interviewed for a position in the Disney ABC Group. I applied on the Careers site and heard back from a recruiter the next day. A recruiter scheduled an interview with me and it was a short interview on the phone. He asked questions about my resume, work experience and fit with the company.

A different recruiter contacted me after my first interview to schedule a video interview (was not in the area) with the director of the department. I believe there was not a manager at the time. The interviewer was 15 minutes late because he did not realize the interview was via video. He was very outgoing, and asked a few questions about myself. He kind of came out as a little stuck up, as he hardly asked me any questions. He mostly asked me to ask him questions and I didn't get very much information about the job. During my interview some one in his office also interrupted the interview and he actually made me wait while he talked to the person who came in. It was a bit unprofessional in that regards. The interview overall was okay though, I wasn't sure if I got the position or not. I did not find out how I did on my interview/no feedback. I found out on Disney careers that I did not get the position.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walt Disney Company in October 2014.

The hiring process was pretty basic. they called me and talked to me on the phone for a while. not many relevant questions. then after about a week i got a call that they wanted to schedule a bunch of interviews in one day. they asked me if the time was ok and i asked if we could move it earlier but they said no. so they really just wanted me to come in when they said to come in.

Interview Questions
    • they asked the typical work questions. but then they asked why do you like what you do.   Answer Question

Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Walt Disney Company in July 2014.

I went through several rounds of interviews in Burbank and everything was seemingly going very well. My last interview was MONTHS ago and no one bothered to respond to my follow ups. It's heartbreaking to interview with your dream company and then to wait around for months hoping someone will call. We put a significant amount of time into interviews and risk our current jobs only to be ignored in the end. The least Disney could do is provide applicants with the closure they deserve.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walt Disney Company.

I found out about the position by a friend. This is one of those companies where it is extremely hard to get your foot thru the door. So if you know someone have them help you submit your resume. For the interview I had a phone interview and then an in person interview with a team of three (all one on ones). I was offered the position the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. All the questions were pertaining to the job. As long as you knew what you were applying for and related your past experience to the position you will be fine.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiating. It was set for a contractors.

Senior Project Manager - Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Culture here is corporate to the extreme. Very little in the way of compassion or understanding from senior management, which can be a good thing if you are a stock holder, but bad if you are a permanent employee. Very disorganized and processless work environment, good for contractors who get paid hourly. No accountability for permanent employees who make mistakes, but contracts come and go like the wind. Typical overgrown corporate experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about some of the projects you worked on.
      Tell me about how you handled a difficult situation

Answer Question
    Yes, asked for higher title and salary to my agency and received it.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Initial contact was made by a phone call. (received by the HR rep)
    1st in-person interview was with the HR rep
    2nd interview was with low level team members (peers)
    3rd interview was with mid-high level team member (leads)
    4th interview was with the Director and VP of the team

Interview Questions
    • Explain in detail how a windows machine boots up. In as much technical detail as possible.   Answer Question
    There wasn't really any room to negotiate. An attempt was made, but all requests were declined immediately.

Professional Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walt Disney Company in April 2014.

First, a recruiter reached out and expressed interest in hiring me for an internship position. Shortly after, my would-be team had a series of phone calls with me, all taking place over the course of 2 days. They extended me an offer same day, and I followed up with the recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • Why Disney? - I was asked this question many times in a variety of formats by many of the people interviewing me. They came about in different wordings - Why entertainment? Why media? Why marketing? - but the core of the question was definitely "Why Disney?"   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Walt Disney Company.

A phone call with the manager, followed by a technical/business discussion. A bit of salary negotiation, followed by an offer.

Interview Questions
    • I was hired for a niche expertise which they needed but didn't have. They did not ask extremely difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question